forum

[Archived] Streamlabs doesn't detect OSU! in fullscreen mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ViseConcept
Problem details:
Hello, I've been streaming OSU for a bit now but the only way I can do that is to either do it in fullscreen with the display capture (which I don't like since I have to alt tab a lot), or in windowed mode with the window capture (which is bag becaus I get this weird input lag that makes me play even worse than usual).
I've searched on google, reddit, youtube and even old osu forum posts, and everything that I've found didn't help me, at this point I'm desperate.
I've already tried to open both streamlabs and OSU in administrator mode, I've tried every combination of "capture specific window" and "capture fullscreen application".
Please someone help me.
rkh
Did you tried using game capture?
schneedevil
Use "Screen capture", it will record your entire screen but I'm afraid it would be the easier solution besides trying to use normal OBS, which you should try to see if it happen there too|

Btw, you said you tried opening both streamlabs and osu as administrator, but have you tried opening only Streamlabs? On normal OBS this should be the solution.
Topic Starter
ViseConcept

Geshii wrote:

yeah and I get a black screen for some reason
Dallas
If you are using discord or a web browser, try checking to see if you have hardware acceleration turned on. If it's on, turn it off. If that doesn't work, try checking to see if your antivirus is stopping you from using the game capture.

Just a few things i tried over the years that worked. Hope you find a solution..

(Edit)
Make sure that they are both on the same Hdd or ssd
That’s worked for me as well
Topic Starter
ViseConcept

Dallas wrote:

If you are using discord or a web browser, try checking to see if you have hardware acceleration turned on. If it's on, turn it off. If that doesn't work, try checking to see if your antivirus is stopping you from using the game capture.

Just a few things i tried over the years that worked. Hope you find a solution..

(Edit)
Make sure that they are both on the same Hdd or ssd
That’s worked for me as well

Just tried and none of that worked unfortunatelly, I really don't understand what the problem is :/
THAT_otaku

ViseConcept wrote:

Geshii wrote:

yeah and I get a black screen for some reason
So do I (with game capture), however try just using osu! for like ~5 - 10 seconds (like play the game or something) and then tab back into OBS, for me that then displays the osu screen and recording/streaming works like normal.
Dallas
Ummm i just remembered that updating my graphics card driver fixed my issue multiple times for me as well...
So yea, try updating your drivers and clearing your SLOBS cache. Thos also might work for you.
Mamako
Small trick that worked for me. Go to streamlabs/obs and add it as the usual "capture specific window". Go back to osu and go to settings and tick off fullscreen mode. When obs shows osu go back to osu and enable fullscreen mode again. Hope this helps.
rkh
What's your specs ? CPU and GPU
Topic Starter
ViseConcept

Geshii wrote:

What's your specs ? CPU and GPU
cpu: ryzen 5 3600
gpu: rtx 3070
rkh
make sure you are running osu! with the same gpu that streamlabs is using
Topic Starter
ViseConcept

Geshii wrote:

make sure you are running osu! with the same gpu that streamlabs is using
I don't have an integrated gpu, only have the rtx, and yes i'm sure they are both running on it, OSUis the only program that is giving me this problem I'm pretty sure
rkh
Does it work in windowed fullscreen?
xi-rick

Mamako wrote:

Small trick that worked for me. Go to streamlabs/obs and add it as the usual "capture specific window". Go back to osu and go to settings and tick off fullscreen mode. When obs shows osu go back to osu and enable fullscreen mode again. Hope this helps.
Only thing that has worked for me ^^ you do get a black screen if you tab out of osu though but when you are in game it works fine, test via the recording option then tab into game
Insidiosity
Did you ever fix it? I'm having this issue
sondank1010
Im having the same issue. OBS can still record osu! smoothly but whenever I move my cursor to the preview window the game capture source just disappears immediately.
Dntm8kmeeatu

sondank1010 wrote:

Im having the same issue. OBS can still record osu! smoothly but whenever I move my cursor to the preview window the game capture source just disappears immediately.
Do you mean when you alt+tab it goes away?
That's how full screen programs work, and is normal.

If you can't select the source because it goes away or something, you can temporarily switch to Bordlerless
totalbummer
Update: I used DDU to uninstall all my GPU drivers and reinstall everything. No change.

However, in osu Options menus, I went to Input > Mouse and selected "Never" under the "Confine Mouse Cursor" option. Game Capture started working again immediately in SLOBS. Hope this helps!

Bump, having the same issue with SLOBS and osu right now.

I can only get Game Capture to work when osu is in windowed. When I switch back to fullscreen it stops working.

Using Window Capture doesn't work. Using Display Capture doesn't work. Manually selecting in Game Capture doesn't work. Using a hotkey binding to set foreground capture doesn't work.

Running SLOBS in admin, I have updated my drivers (3080 FE), I have deleted and re-added the Game Capture/Display Capture/Window/Whatever and none of them work. Game capture while osu is in windowed so far is the only configuration that works but I'd rather avoid additional input latency. I don't see borderless as an option but I'm probably just missing it.
Myshiro Neko

totalbummer wrote:

Update: I used DDU to uninstall all my GPU drivers and reinstall everything. No change.

However, in osu Options menus, I went to Input > Mouse and selected "Never" under the "Confine Mouse Cursor" option. Game Capture started working again immediately in SLOBS. Hope this helps!

I can only get Game Capture to work when osu is in windowed. When I switch back to fullscreen it stops working.

Using Window Capture doesn't work. Using Display Capture doesn't work. Manually selecting in Game Capture doesn't work. Using a hotkey binding to set foreground capture doesn't work.

Running SLOBS in admin, I have updated my drivers (3080 FE), I have deleted and re-added the Game Capture/Display Capture/Window/Whatever and none of them work. Game capture while osu is in windowed so far is the only configuration that works but I'd rather avoid additional input latency. I don't see borderless as an option but I'm probably just missing it.
Thank you so much, it worked!
Live or Die
try putting render at native resolution that worked for me
xWoxee

totalbummer wrote:

The mouse setting thing worked for me too thank you so much