forum

What anime are you currently watching and what do you think about it?

posted
Total Posts
show more
his everything

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

MHA, i watch it and Try not to Become one of them (fandom)
WHAT'S YOUR FAV CHARACTER SO FAR?

i used to be a fan of MHA when i was watching it XDDDD
Vindypp
I'm watching Haganai rn. It's interesting....
AxisPraxisMDS

Anaxii wrote:

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

All Might, The gigachad Who Make a Crybaby into a Chad
his everything

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

All Might, The gigachad Who Make a Crybaby into a Chad
the classic XDDDD
Jangsoodlor

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Currently watching Classroom of the Elite season 3. Hope this thing doesn't get rushed like the previous season.

5 episodes later and it's a fact that Ichinose is best girl.
his everything
currently watching kino's journey (2003) requested by Patatitta and i'm feeling pretty mixed about it

i'm only in episode 2 but there are so much questions already. like why does kino wants to travel? where are his parents? why is his motorcycle talking? where is he? why when he falls asleep, he frequently draws his gun with a cold look? the lack of context makes me want to watch this even more...
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

currently watching kino's journey (2003) requested by Patatitta and i'm feeling pretty mixed about it

i'm only in episode 2 but there are so much questions already. like why does kino wants to travel? where are his parents? why is his motorcycle talking? where is he? why when he falls asleep, he frequently draws his gun with a cold look? the lack of context makes me want to watch this even more...
there will not be answers to half of that stuff, you've just got to accept it. It's not really a conventional anime, it doesn't have an overarching plot. The idea is that the world is strange, and neither kino or you really understand out of it. There will be things you wont understand since not even kino understands them. It's mainly about the philosophical scenarios each episode brings

from the synopsis:

It is not up to Kino or Hermes to decide whether these asserted values are wrong or right, as they merely assume the roles of observers within this small world. They do not attempt to change or influence the places they visit, despite how absurd these values would appear. That's because in one way or another, they believe things are fine as they are, and that "the world is not beautiful; therefore, it is."
Namazu
Started Welcome to the NHK today.
I'm at episode 4 atm and so far it doesn't seem so bad.
I'm wondering who Sato's high school friend is. 8-)
Nuuskamuikkunen
So finally have been watching something with 12 episodes... This time... Hi no Tori (2004)

Great premise, great animation, great soundtrack (especially the OP is S-tier), theoretically good story but I feel that its execution was awkward especially in the character side as they are flat and forgettable, also the pacing is way too fast to feel any empathy towards anyone either way. I did get reminded of Fumetsu no Anata e but the latter follows a single linear plotline but Hi no Tori is out of order, like the first arc is taking place in the beginning of civilization while the second one takes place at the near end (like a 10000 year time skip or so).

Completed Reimei-hen 7/10 and Fukkatsu-hen 6/10
Patatitta

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

So finally have been watching something with 12 episodes... This time... Hi no Tori (2004)

Great premise, great animation, great soundtrack (especially the OP is S-tier), theoretically good story but I feel that its execution was awkward especially in the character side as they are flat and forgettable, also the pacing is way too fast to feel any empathy towards anyone either way. I did get reminded of Fumetsu no Anata e but the latter follows a single linear plotline but Hi no Tori is out of order, like the first arc is taking place in the beginning of civilization while the second one takes place at the near end (like a 10000 year time skip or so).

Completed Reimei-hen 7/10 and Fukkatsu-hen 6/10
started reading the manga but dropped it. I'm just not the biggest fan of episodic stories + while I found the futuristic stories fairly interesting I feel the stories that took place in the past kinda of a letdown
his everything
i'm rewatching Chainsaw Man and it's still A CLASSIC
Nanofranne
Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song

Already finished

It's good, although I think I would be much better if it's have more than 13 episodes. I still can't wrapped around my head for having just one or two episodes dedicated to plotlines of a character that will you forget down the line anyway. It always feels rushed no matter how creative you put it in.

The plot twist kinda doesn't work in the end but I couldn't care less nowadays. It leaves little impact for my judgement

7/10
AxisPraxisMDS
that time i get reincarnated as a slime

After watching first ep, I got hooked to watch till the end like i with AOT
Neigdoig
I can finally say this one: Hibike! Euphonium.

I'm currently watching Hibike! Euphonium 2 (since I finished the first season), and I clearly missed out on it when it was live (Since I don't really watch TV or subscribe to watch anime, since I don't really like subscription services).

From what I can see, I'm surprised that the animation is quite good, the story is actually well polished, since I know the author of the original paper series put a lot of time into that, and I was even surprised that it was surprisingly riveting. I've yet to watch the rest of season 2, and a couple other movies, specials and whatnot, but otherwise, it's a solid choice of anime that I'm glad I made.
sanalika1122
Jujutsu 2nd season and didnt enjoy and quit it after second episode. It also happened for kakegurui 2nd season.
Reyalp51
Frieren ep 16 i got nothing to say really just a nice anime
Connieuwu_old
I'm watching the second season of Urusei Yatsura (2022) along Sousou no Frieren. I'm preparing myself to the depression I'll have tomorrow because this week Frieren's going to end. I really enjoyed SnF :'c
Nuuskamuikkunen
Nichijou.

It's good.
Jangsoodlor

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Currently watching Classroom of the Elite season 3. Hope this thing doesn't get rushed like the previous season.

5 episodes later and it's a fact that Ichinose is best girl.
Alright WHY does this f*kin anime with actual decent source material is getting BUTCHERED for 3 seasons. WHY?
Patatitta

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Nichijou.

It's good.
my favourite comedy anime of all time
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Nichijou.

It's good.
my favourite comedy anime of all time
YMMV, it's funny but not as much as I expected.
Rizumu Tenshi
I don't really binge this one per se because 139 episodes long but
Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama
This one has been on hold for so long, probably even longer than iM@S U149, and I had to pause it a bit until a friend recommended I IMMEDIATELY pick up Oregairu (which I did).

And then Ramadan happened. Cocotama continues.

......or so I think, because Himitsu no AiPri is coming up......
Nuuskamuikkunen
Dotto Koni Chan.

This is the closest to the English Ghost Stories dub but in LATAM Spanish (jokes are somewhat less controversial tho), also I am surprised there are no subs or dubs for this in any other language, that explains why it's at top 8500 in popularity.
Jangsoodlor
Blue Archive Anime is out
ClevelandsMyBro

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Blue Archive Anime is out
as a (former) player the first episode is actually pretty decent whilst also staying true to the adapted material, though im expecting a drop in quality just like the arknights anime. also not fanservice heavy as i was expecting which is pretty refreshing for these types of shit.

BUT HOLY SHIT THE OP IS FUCKING PEAK
AxisPraxisMDS
Jii san baasan Wakagaeru

I know its recently released, after watch its first episode aired, its Pure wholesomeness
Reyalp51
Ep 20 of baki, banger anime my 2 complains is that the second op is trash and the author does not know how to draw femenine characters
Patatitta

Reyalp51 wrote:

Ep 20 of baki, banger anime my 2 complains is that the second op is trash and the author does not know how to draw femenine characters
you're watching baki, i'm not sure if the author even wanted to make female characters
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

you're watching baki, i'm not sure if the author even wanted to make female characters
🤨🏳️‍🌈?
Reyalp51
holy shit never mind that was a sex scene of all time
Rizumu Tenshi
Late but
Welp, 2024.04.07 is past us.

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

And then Ramadan happened. Cocotama continues.

......or so I think, because Himitsu no AiPri is coming up......
Himitsu no AiPri
fyi I got my sisters so I got my pass for this. However you want to handle this is up to you.
A full year, or even more, of straight-up Pretty Series stuff, so if you're not this kind of fan, this series isn't for you. Not sure? Read the bold text just above this.

One Room, Hiatari Futsuu, Tenshi Tsuki.
I hoped this one strikes a critical chord only Acchi Kocchi could strike, but eh, this might serve better in another way I guess. Do note, though, Towa is already a signal that if you're not down for this kind of content, then you shouldn't be here. Maybe some of the other anime of this current season instead? (Spring 2024)

Eromanga-sensei
This was a recommendation from a Discord server, and only now I decided to tackle it.
Not sure if I want to write down my thoughts before finishing it......
Jangsoodlor

Rizumu Tenshi wrote:

Eromanga-sensei
This was a recommendation from a Discord server, and only now I decided to tackle it.
Not sure if I want to write down my thoughts before finishing it......
Oh god....
Patatitta
why are you watching fucking one room and eromanga sensei?????? are you insane????????????, I don't mind the PriPara, but those two are treason
Reyalp51
is that the panty scene show
Nuuskamuikkunen
In my next SHAFT studio anime research I decided to watch Natsu no Arashi!

Jeez this is a time-travel based comedy which ended up being quite funny, it reminds me of Yojouhan S2... With dramatic undertones.

Also the opening is a banger, and it shows a mini-story that goes on with each episode, as well as changing the lyrics slightly, like in EP 1 it says "The first love of summer is like a fever that burns" and in EP 2 it says "The second love of summer is like a whisper", great detail... BUT WHY THE NUDITY IN THE CHORUS DAMNIT?