forum

yanaginagi - Harumodoki (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nakano-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, May 15, 2024 at 3:20:03 AM

Artist: yanaginagi
Title: Harumodoki (TV Size)
Source: やはり俺の青春ラブコメはまちがっている。続
Tags: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku oregairu my teen romantic comedy snafu season 2 japanese anime opening op projectgreat dogerinoo pop j-pop jpop female vocals haru modoki Kinomi Tsukuyomi baldrace
BPM: 174
Filesize: 19291kb
Play Time: 01:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dogerinoo's Light Insane (3.85 stars, 273 notes)
  2. Genuine Memories (5.35 stars, 354 notes)
  3. Insane (4.71 stars, 299 notes)
  4. Kinomi's Hard (3.2 stars, 252 notes)
  5. Normal (2.21 stars, 182 notes)
Download: yanaginagi - Harumodoki (TV Size)
Download: yanaginagi - Harumodoki (TV Size) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
< #2

春擬き (TV Size)

Please read.
This is a heartfelt map tribute to the anime that has seriously changed me as a person, a lot for the better. This map is also a tribute to my friends who have stayed by me throughout the years. I really, really love you guys.

It is definitely not the best map but I made this map just because I love the anime and song.

My life wasn't all that great. I wasn't that guy who could go through school life like a normal student. I just wanted to be like everyone else. Having friends that they can hang out with after school, do homework together, go to the arcade together blah blah blah. That was not for me. I was constantly bullied during that phase of life. Not for a day, not for a week but for four years. I hated every single second of it. People hated me for how direct I am towards them. People hated me for how stubborn I was with my decision-making. People hated me for how egoistical I was. Despite that I really wanted to be like everyone else but just couldn't do so. Most people in my cohort made fun of me, even for the more dumbest shit ever. I had to bear with so many things from back then. Maybe it's thanks to my upbringing which wasn't all that great. I was very, very emotional.

Not only school life was shit, so is my life outside school. I was backstabbed by people who I used to call friends. I was so emotionally hurt because these people were people I live close to and have considered them as friends for as long as 20 years. I trusted these guys wholeheartedly. I fully accepted them despite the differences, hoping the same for them towards me but looks like it wasn't the case. Long story short, instead of talking through things directly to my face, imagine using a strawpoll to decide on whether should these 'friends' should stay friends with me. If our friendship was to be decided based on a strawpoll, then we were never friends to begin with.

At first, I blamed everything around me for all my problems. I hated myself. I refused to let anyone get close to me. I refused to trust anyone. I was too nice of a person. I sacrificed my happiness for everyone else's happiness. I changed myself unwilingly just to please everyone. I was trying too hard to save everything but I ended up hurting myself mentally, psychologically and physically.

Despite that, I had to put up a facade, showing that everything was okay but I knew it was not. I was feeling absolutely tired of myself.... until I watched Oregairu in 2013.

Watching this anime from season 1 until the end has made me learn a lot of things. From not placing ideals on someone else, learning to give up on relationships that are no longer salvageable, to never look back and look forward, there are a lot more lessons that I have learnt from watching Oregairu but I won't list them all because it's way too much.

Oregairu has shaped me to who I am today. It saved me. It has changed a lot of my views on things. I admit, I am still kinda the person who I was back then but because I have been through so much pain and suffering, I have definitely changed myself a lot towards being a better person not for others, but myself.

I would like to take this time to tell my younger self something.

"Thank you. I know you have been through so much just to be able to make me become who I am today. Truly, thank you. Because of you, I can finally feel like myself again. I will start cherishing all the genuine memories until the day I die."

If you read all the way through, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the map.

Special thanks to Dogerinoo and Kinomi for their difficulties.
Special thanks to ProjectGreat for the hitsounds.

#TeamYukino forever.
Oregairu in 2024? No way.

Video taken from here.

Backgrounds taken from...
here for normal and Kinomi's hard difficulty.
here for Dogerinoo's light insane difficulty.
here for the insane difficulty.
here for the top difficulty.

Information
Simple mapping.

Normal: Me
Hard: Kinomi
Light Insane: Dogerinoo
Insane: Me
Genuine Memories: Me

Hitsounds: ProjectGreat

BNs: Okoratu / Smoke
<3