Towjow
Dark Beat_old
Mother for the NES
laport
Jane's AH-64D Longbow

I bought the boxed game when I was 10?
but from what I remember, I never even got the helicopter to lift off. :D

It came with this instruction book
telling you most keyboard shortcuts (you use pretty much all keys, with combinations of ctrl, alt)

would be funny if anyone can relate lol.
Armaggedon25
In terms of game difficulty, Sands of Destruction on the DS I found pretty difficult, and any game I had on the Sega Dreamcast, so Bangaioh and Fighter Zero. I found them difficult, gameplay wise and because I couldn't understand much Japanese.
Maliciousness_old
shin megami tensei persona 3:FES...
only because the optional boss(elizabeth)...
WhoAteFred
I've heard that the storyline bosses in other SMT games were harder.
Mogsy

WhoAteFred wrote:

I've heard that the storyline bosses in other SMT games were harder.
They are.

SMT is also not for people who dislike grinding and actually having a plan of attack.
HeadHunterX
Sonic 2... on the Game Gear. Can't beat the first boss
Pizzicato
Persona3 FES: The answer

so damn hard
awp

HeadHunterX wrote:

Sonic 2... on the Game Gear. Can't beat the first boss
Zone 4 boss is difficult just to reach. Sonic 2 on the Game Gear was fucking merciless
Ivalset

Pizzicatto wrote:

so damn hard
so damn easy

Metis owns everything for you.
Mogsy

Ivalset wrote:

Pizzicatto wrote:

so damn hard
so damn easy

Metis owns everything for you.
This. And even if you don't use Metis for whatever reason, you can just grind very easily.
Ivalset

Mogsworth wrote:

even if you don't use Metis for whatever reason
How dare you even spout such heresy.

Metis is the best character in persona 3.
Mogsy

Ivalset wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

even if you don't use Metis for whatever reason

Mitsuru begs to differ. But then again, I didn't ever take out Metis, since she was the most boss thing in The Answer. Several of my IRL friends couldn't stand her (so I got new friends).
Cyclohexane
Wipeout 64.

Now I know what you're thinking, but really, it's hard. Try steering with an n64 controller. Not only is it painful for your thumb but also extremely frustrating.

(That is if you don't cheat right away and choose Piranha II)
Ivalset

Mogsworth wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

Mitsuru begs to differ. But then again, I didn't ever take out Metis, since she was the most boss thing in The Answer. Several of my IRL friends couldn't stand her (so I got new friends).
HOW DO I EAT THIS HAMBURGER
s 8 n
the impossible game :lol:
WhoAteFred

Ivalset wrote:

MC. [/off topic]
Ivalset
Not even close. FeMC, maybe.
shinytentacool
DoDonPachi and its sequels, Mushihime-sama Futari, Ibara. Arcade shooters win by default since they're designed to kill you quickly and take your money.

I wanna be the guy is worthy of mention but, it's mostly built around pattern memorization and not actual difficulty. Plus it has a save feature, so it might take you forever but you'll beat it eventually. Not what I'd consider hard.
Bunnrei
hitty40
Dwarf Fortress. Never had in my entire life attempted to defend a fortress of over 400 dwarves until now.
blobman000
I'm absolutely terrible at Touhou and Megaman games.

With Touhou, there are so many bullets on the screen that I lose focus and die. With Megaman, I can never make it past bosses. By the time I'm actually able to dodge their attacks, I'm either dead or about to die.
Thimeeh
Ninja Gaidens for Xbox/Xbox 360 are all around challenging even on the easiest difficulty. I don't think I passed any of the bosses on first try. I actually beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on mentor difficulty(took some time...) only to unlock master ninja and realize I can't beat the first level.

And a case I recently stumbled upon: Tomba/Tombi on PSX. At first it's easy going, but then there's this cave with no floor and enemies flying all around. Drained all of my lives I had collected :(
Azure_Kite

Thimeeh wrote:

And a case I recently stumbled upon: Tomba/Tombi on PSX. At first it's easy going, but then there's this cave with no floor and enemies flying all around. Drained all of my lives I had collected :(
I had a demo of Tombi on my PSX when I was a kid, It was my favourite game on the platform at the time xD
07 Ghost
Unofficial would be QWOP. Otherwise its Superman 64 on the n64. That is literally one of the worst rated games in history.
Thimeeh

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Thimeeh wrote:

I had a demo of Tombi on my PSX when I was a kid, It was my favourite game on the platform at the time xD
I had that on demo too. When I recently got the PSX emulator to play FFIX again, I remembered Tombi and few others from those demos of my childhood so I got them too. The demo gives really wrong image about the brutality of that game. It really hurt my HC-gamer pride to admit that I can't beat that game :(
GladiOol
Ninja Gaiden 2

fuckfuckfuck I'm never going to touch it again, I'm afraid I'll break my xbox.
Thimeeh

GladiOol wrote:

Ninja Gaiden 2

fuckfuckfuck I'm never going to touch it again, I'm afraid I'll break my xbox.
You should. It's one of the best games on the system. Partly because it offers some challenge unlike most of the games nowadays.

Another crazy PSX game: Bust-A-Groove. As a kid I had this on a demo as well, although I never managed to beat it. Thinking I was a kid then and could handle it as an adult. It can't be that hard as I remember it, I just didn't understand the mechanics.
Can't beat the first stage. xD
awp
Well, I've got a new hardest game. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. First five stages are throwaway easy, but each level is tougher than the last and by Stage 6 or 7 they're squeezing you by the balls. I'm at Stage 10 with no end in sight, and I can't imagine it getting much more difficult without it boiling down to a pile of luck or a requirement that I use a Tool Assistant in order to actually place objects where I want them to go (which afaik is impossible on a PS3)
RemmyX25

awp wrote:

Well, I've got a new hardest game. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. First five stages are throwaway easy, but each level is tougher than the last and by Stage 6 or 7 they're squeezing you by the balls. I'm at Stage 10 with no end in sight, and I can't imagine it getting much more difficult without it boiling down to a pile of luck or a requirement that I use a Tool Assistant in order to actually place objects where I want them to go (which afaik is impossible on a PS3)
Just wait until you get to Robotnik. (i'm assuming you havent changed your settings and are playing on Normal.) He's relentless and a genius, just as he's known for. He throws chains and combos you couldn't come up with in seconds time like he can.
awp
Actually I'm pretty sure I set the game to Easy (if that's an option)
tyrael6192
Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories... GOD, the bit where Joey goes missing and you have to fight the guardians of the tomb and ARGH FFFFS
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

Just wait until you get to Robotnik. (i'm assuming you havent changed your settings and are playing on Normal.) He's relentless and a genius, just as he's known for. He throws chains and combos you couldn't come up with in seconds time like he can.
Surprisingly, I had very little difficulty after Stage 10, and Robotnik only took me about 10 minutes
Vext_old
I'm gonna be obscure and throw out playing Resident Evil 5 on the classic controls easter egg. Now that is an interesting challenge.
Nharox

awp wrote:

Great game, too bad the gameplay has some flaws and is very easy if you know how to make chains. I recommend Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary, the best one in the series.
WhoAteFred

Nharox wrote:

very easy if you know how to make chains.
and outrageously difficult if you don't. Hence why I'll never enjoy the Puyo series.
awp
Half my combos are made by accident
pieguyn
osu!

Touhou 6...took me forever to 1cc even on Normal. :cry:
Hika
I'm gonna honestly have to say Shining Force EXA.

OH LOL, NINJA GAIDEN 2. I've destroyed about 2 xbox controllers while playing due to endless rage.
show more