Hardcore Newbie Mafia. (Mafia Win!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

0_o wrote:

vote DxS
Mafia games end when there's no possible way (other than purposeful mafia suicide) the town can win. Unvoting is impossible. So of course, you know what this post means.

-----------------------------

"Based on my calculations, DxS must be the mafia!"

As 0_o went forward and voted, some masked men came into the room. At that point, bmin's face lit up with joy.

"You guys made it! They managed to get Q, but not me."

DxS and 0_o tried to run, but were both shot before they could escape.

bmin went on to enjoy a happy life as a rich mafia member... until his next adventure.

DxS and 0_o - Townies - Killed endgame.

bmin11 - Mafia Roleblocker - wins!
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Mod Notes (more to come eventually?):

1. bmin's play was superb. I saw just two potential mistakes that I could notice at a glance.

a. bmin's first post D2. Almost gave away that he knew there was a doctor. Also funny since he roleblocked animask, who happened to protect Ph0x that night.

b. Voting Q so early on D3. It would've been possible to win on D3 assuming the vote didn't sway to DxS. However, this also solidified bmin's position as town in people's minds, so it may have been intentional.

2. I like the no-unvoting mechanic, but at least one player didn't. I would like to hear feedback from other players.
Wojjan
Welp! Nice play, bmin.
Sleep Powder
Not bad. I actually secretly suspected him a lot, since the Doctor thing.

I had no comebacks or any way of getting anyone to vote for him.

I didn't want to run on low sus(s), because of the risk.

I tried to protect him on the last NK, because I knew I would get NK'd anyways.
(jk, I just didn't know who was really mafia)

Being Mafia sounds easier D: I would've won too if I was actually mafia.
Two_old
so obvious
DeathxShinigami
bmin's superb playing style...Just WOW

Of course I'm always dogged by back and forth accusations so heh...(FUUUUUUUUU Day 1)

GG everyone.

See you in the future mafia games~
Ph0X

LadySuburu wrote:

2. I like the no-unvoting mechanic, but at least one player didn't. I would like to hear feedback from other players.
I'd like to note that this allowed for one interesting play which wasn't even considered at LyLo:

You don't need to hammer to win as Mafia at LyLo; with just two votes you have a super-high chance of winning, and NoHItter could have been using this to his advantage (if he was Mafia). Sadly, he wasn't Mafia, so the neat little plan (which no one, again, even considered) wasn't executed.

No-votes kinda ruined day 1, though.

Also, NoHItter, 0_o, and DxS (all townies) should have noticed the signs that neither Q nor bmin talked much at all at LyLo either day. C'mon; lurking end-game is classic scum behaviour!

I wasn't really playing the game after I died (just reading and not re-reading, building a suspicion list, etc.), but if I did, I'd prolly catch a lot of things that happened. Throughout Day 3 I was pretty sure NoHItter was executing that plan I spoke of, so I thought he was Mafia.

animask wrote:

Being Mafia sounds easier D: I would've won too if I was actually mafia.
Holy crap no. Unless you're bipolar.

I'll post my opinions of each player later. At work now. =X
0_o

Two wrote:

so obvious
oh you

I'm not gonna go on about how I should have seen the signs and whatnot, I was stuck enough in the mindset that bmin is town that I wouldn't have been able to vote him over DxS no matter how carefully I checked things over. He played well and got us good. Good game guys.
rust45
Kudos to bmin for that game.
0_o
Hey lets not leave Q out either, he did a pretty good job at staying under the radar. If it wasn't for No's gambit he probably would have made it to the end too.

Next time, Gadget...

NEXT TIIIIIIIIIIIME

EDIT: Also, I liked the no-unvoting mechanic. Nice twist on the classic mafia format.
bmin11
Also, NoHItter, 0_o, and DxS (all townies) should have noticed the signs that neither Q nor bmin talked much at all at LyLo either day. C'mon; lurking end-game is classic scum behaviour!
I was on a flight x: (took 26 hours woah)

Ph0X wrote:

so the neat little plan (which no one, again, even considered) wasn't executed.
We were thinking about that, but Q being a lurker made it really risky since he was an easy target to be bandwagoned ;ㅅ;

I expected to be a townie when I sighed up since this was my first time. However, LS went to sign two noobs to be the mafia >_> We were extreamly lucky if we consider Mashley's death + animask's partialy role-claiming. Well, it was part of the game and I enjoyed you guys coming up with suspicions and evidence to back it up.

My regret during this game was to kill Ph0X. Funny how I was so determinded to kill Ph0X on D1, but after doing so, rest of the days weren't as fun as D1 :<... He would have figured Q or me out at one point, but I learnt it was better to have some suspenses around >_>

Guys, it was a great game and I'm hoping to play another mafia games with you guys :D

EDIT: I also enjoyed the No-Unvote system. It gives some extra strategy for both mafias and townies. I also liked how voting was weighed heavily :>
0_o

bmin11 wrote:

I was on a flight x: (took 26 hours woah)
This, and Q was lurking the whole game before that anyway. I honestly just thought Q was a clueless townie until the gambit.
NoHitter
Should have said my gut that bmin was mafia.
After my vote and bmin's reaction of "Sorry I shouldn't have voted", bmin pinged me as scum.
At least I'm glad that my gut finally worked on Quaraezha.
See Ph0x? Inactive people will usually be mafia :)
Quaraezha
You were so goddamn lucky with your Gambit, NoHItter.
I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling townies.
Me and bmin11 actually did plan to vote whoever got voted first in D3, but unfortunately, it was me.

And kudos to bmin11, for your FIRST Mafia game, you did so gosh darn well~

Just wondering though, did you guys not wonder why bmin11 was still alive and not Nightkilled until the end?
I was just thinking though, in town's perspective.

And being Mafia is just too much for me, I had to lurk and I'm afraid if I put too much details in my post, it might make me suspicious.

I love the no unvote thing, it helps me relax if I wasn't voted and I'm Mafia.
0_o
Just wondering though, did you guys not wonder why bmin11 was still alive and not Nightkilled until the end?
I was just thinking though, in town's perspective.
The thought did cross my mind. However since DxS and bmin have a connection outside the game, and DxS is just such a weird player, at the time I could kind of see DxS keeping him around for some reason that only he would understand. If it was NoHItter instead of DxS I might have been more skeptical, but then again it's all hindsight it's difficult to say for sure.

The timezone thing that DxS mentioned threw me for a loop too, since I didn't see bmin online around the time of the night ending.
bmin11

0_o wrote:

The thought did cross my mind. However since DxS and bmin have a connection outside the game, and DxS is just such a weird player, at the time I could kind of see DxS keeping him around for some reason that only he would understand. If it was NoHItter instead of DxS I might have been more skeptical, but then again it's all hindsight it's difficult to say for sure.
I did let DxS survive the last night due to that reason. I often saw DxS dying off at D1 or D2. I just wanted him to see the ending >_>
And killing 0_o would have made myself look weird for the same reason, so I just killed NoHItter (apperantly, he had a hinch of a scumtell from me. Good kill for me)

0_o wrote:

The timezone thing that DxS mentioned threw me for a loop too, since I didn't see bmin online around the time of the night ending
Aha! That actually worked! I made my action on 2:00 AM and logged off as I saw the end of the night (animask was on at the time being)

Glad things turned out well :D
bmin11
This was me and Q's reasoning for Night Kills

NK1: Ph0X - To kill the biggest threat. Whatelse?
NK2: animask - A confirmed townie (Doctor). No good for mafias
NK3: NoHItter - His eagle sight...... could have been a threat (and apperantly, he did suspected me). Killing anyone else would have made me look weird as well

And by the way, is this supporter tag a prize for winning? I haven't received any PM of who gave it for me :?
DeathxShinigami
Well uh

@bmin

You kept chasing me about the Day1 action I made and I couldn't erase it from all of you so from there I knew it'd be impossible to tie you as mafia so mentally I labeled you as town. Nice way to trap me yet still make me seem mafia at the same time. I do thank you however for continuing to save me from being NK'd though. Unless you knew that I could never make enough of an effort to get a vote on you...Eh....

GG.

subscription what? You probably just got lucky
Mashley
I'd have gotten him if you guys hadn't lynched me lololol
bmin11

Mashley wrote:

I'd have gotten him if you guys hadn't lynched me lololol
Again, I was one lucky bastard this game lololol Cop + Doctor + Master brain were dead on first night lol
Ph0X
Per-player comments:

0_o
Played pretty well. Seemed to distance himself a bit from gameplay. Too bad he missed all of day 1; I think he would have been a key player there, based on my knowledge of his metaplay.

animask
Pretty noobish play early on. Reminded me of my first game. You did better day 2, and gained town support (in part due to me and bmin) enough to get a "verified townie" label (which is great and horrible at the same time). If the cop had been alive D2, you could have protected yourself, ensuring either the cop gets an investigation or you stay alive. (Maybe a doctor can't protect themself in NM? Can't recall.)

bmin
Well played, as others have said. Definitely thought you were townie early on. You leaning toward my opinion (which became the town opinion) was suspicious. You cornered 0_o, which surprised me (as I see 0_o as a more experienced and open-minded player). You're a natural player, to say the least. ;P

DxS
Try being more comprehensible next time. Re-read your posts, twice, with a few minutes between reads. I had suspected at first this confusing behaviour was intentional (and scummy), but it seems like you're always like that. So... try to improve, please.

Mashley
Great defense day 1! Not. I guess it's not entirely your fault, but the vote definitely could have been swayed toward animask if everyone didn't jump on your bandwagon and if you had posed a better defense.

NoHItter
I kept having tunnel vision against you, and I couldn't find out why. I should clear my mind every once in a while and review things from scratch. (Maybe looking more into the ISO? Not quite sure what will help the most yet.)

You made a nice gambit (though with flaws that I mentioned), which happily worked (but not for long). Nice play there. =]

Ph0X
As I said, less tunnel vision on hunches. Sucks that I died day 1; people seemed to like me. Honestly, I don't think the town needed me; they did pretty well regardless. However, I couldn't make some comments about the animask-bmin-doctor thing which would have really helped discussion (and perhaps finding out bmin; who knows?), and I couldn't point out problems with NoHItter's plan and the lurkiness of Q and bmin late game.

Q
You creep me out. I had a feeling you were mafia for a while, but I ignored it, because I made a mistake of thinking someone was mafia for similar reasons in another game and I was wrong. Guess that's a null tell, then. ;P

rust45
No clue. Participate more. Please. =[