forum

osu!mania | Hitsounds or No Hitsounds?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]
\o

Ive noticed that some people use hitsounds in mania but others dong.

I do not know if I should be using hitsounds or not as idk if it will make me better or not
Blushing
I believe it’s complete preference if you are playing and not mapping.

I personally only play with hit sounds when I play mania
Lyawi
hitsounds help me to stay in rhythm tbh. but your question might belong here: community/forums/107
Kaaruumii
no hitsounds for 0 delay if you listen to your keyboard sounds irl while you play to perfectly sync with the music
Protastic101
I believe the vast majority of top mania players play without hitsounds and listen to their keyboard for feedback as Kaaruumii mentioned since hitsounds can have a slight delay which sometimes knocks people off their rhythm. It's really up to you if you want to play with hitsounds on or off. I personally play with them on cause I like to hear the hitsounds people put on their maps (if any), but I do see why some opt out of hearing them.
Stomiks
I don't have the loud clicky keyboards so I just use hitsounds
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Stomiks wrote:

i have a more clicky keyboard with red switches so maybe i could just use the keyboard for hitsounds?
rei et
edit: anything you feel comfortable with, it's preference
Stomiks

[-Omni-] wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

i have a more clicky keyboard with red switches so maybe i could just use the keyboard for hitsounds?
It depends on your preference really. If you feel that you like to play mania with a clicky keyboard without hitsounds then go ahead.
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Stomiks wrote:

[-Omni-] wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

It depends on your preference really. If you feel that you like to play mania with a clicky keyboard without hitsounds then go ahead.
alr! ig 0% hitsound it is :)
Reyalp51
Hitsounds are not necessary if you destroy your keyboard like i do
miwiki
i play with hitsounds but it's clearly preference
B0ii
Hitsounds on (unless they're shit)