forum

Benefits of playing osu! IRL

posted
Total Posts
show more
a1_Zach
I am able to focus and concentrate more effectively on reading books where I would easily get distracted in the past.

Would be an interesting study to see if rhythm games could help people with ADD or ADHD to better manage their impulses rather than relying on medications their entire lives.
Sponchi
It gave me blood pressure and made my right hand faster. That's it
qwt
I take less time taking a shit to go play circle game
Nekolicon
A game named MLBB..
Once I play Arcaea I was easily beat those blind-mapped Epic (5/7) Rank.
Then I found out my phone aren't designed for double game. (Its overloaded). So I delete it, right before I reach ptt 10.
Then, since I don't want to lose the skill I already had by those 3 month, I play Osu!, and easily beat those slow responded Legend (6/7) Rank.
Rhythm game's such a usefull matter..
TicClick
no benefits, no drawbacks, no regrets
_Vex
I have so many reflexes IRL right now, like, a lot hahahah. Much more than before
Phantonym
My hand doesn't get tired easily when writing long essays
[LS]PositoniX
this game made my grade in school better since whenever i get something innacurate under 95% in school i'd be pissed
Watervapor
Makes me hit the shuttlecock more accurately as if it's a circle..
kaitoukidd
Honestly i'm a shy guy ,in college practical exams when teacher ask me any question i get shocked and took lots of time to think ,even my body shakes too..lol. but after playing this game, my brain works more faster.

also i can catch housefly easily with one hand 😂🤣lol
Me Dumb_old
i approve. when i was playing some roblox arsenal (i know alot of osu players hate roblox due to my instincts) i litterally turned my camera to the enemy and killed himi mean i think hes saying something insulting yo me but ok
- Rumi -
Pretty much consumed my life. 10/10 would recommend!
Noob
type 2 keys faster
master Sanga
everything helps in life every kind of experience... it all depends from your goal, sometimes can be unknown also for your self too, sometimes more clear... don't lie.
for my opinion osu changed me , about a kind of perception, it's hard to describe... but yea :D what is easy to describe about you when you have few things to confrontation. like... what attending school helped me. what a party what a friend... i would say... everything just change you even if it is not clear at beginning and maybe also dark for years, but never think about bah, it was so useless . or a "wasting time" life is not just a gift, "it's a miracle". have more trust on your self and follow your feelings cleverly.
(sorry for bad eng.)
CrabbStick
No
haha i rolypoly
engaged with some close online friends with the topic of osu and now my reaction time went from 280 to 200-150
keremaru
i guess your friends just notice you more
and random people walk up behind you at school and go "HOLY SHIT HIS FINGERS ARE GOING BRRRRRRR"
but yeah i don't really know any benefits of osu! other than that i know at least 98% of the silhouettes of characters whenever i watch bad apple
and i've been playing for 3-4 years
Nuuskamuikkunen
I think that osu! is really helpful if you're doing something music-related like singing or playing an instrument as it helps you to keep a better sense of rhythm. This applies to almost all rhythm games as well.
Riae
Benefits:yes um reaction time happiness new people to talk with and uh songs to listen too when im bored
alysosu
i got better reaction time / hand eye coordination.
RaichusHArem
Of course, improving my reflexes and being more lively everyday❢ ^^
Niktushi
No benefits.
animeslayergp
none
haha i rolypoly
i was able to show off to my class at school in computer class by showing my amazing ranks last year
zesteas
I can now finger girls with rapid speed. Only problem is im too busy playing osu to talk to women... what a waste
redleader20056
‌‌‌‌‌‌
AmyRunes
You get a faster loading time and reaction! Owo
haha i rolypoly

zesteas wrote:

I can now finger girls with rapid speed. Only problem is im too busy playing osu to talk to women... what a waste

_
owuawo
for me, it definitely improved my reaction time but also definitely damaged my eyes lmao. i also have finger pain or join pain on my hand every now and then from playing osu. so thats why i take alot of breaks (my play history is a shame)
somebody_33
From playing osu! for about a year, it has really improved my reaction time, typing speed, rhythm perception, and finger strength. And now I can brag to everyone about the fact that I'm top 4.5k in taiko.
animeslayergp
playing osu standard,if you use a tablet,your handwriting will improve a little,at least my teacher at the time was like wow you write alot better
cutedoggo20
With osu!, I have increased my chances of not finding a life
wowcake
I can immediately catch my clothes from falling in the bathroom, for real. LOL
animeslayergp

Wowcake wrote:

I can immediately catch my clothes from falling in the bathroom, for real. LOL
nani,you dont play osu catch
Chiru-kun
just maybe, but as a mapper i feel more creative, like i can be skeptical about what i make, and i can create gimmicks in my works
sadave
osu has expanded my musical taste and i can now enjoy bts
Sugar_owo
Helped my reaction time basically.
LimeTwist
Helps me find banger songs
FireFizzA
it can also help with building muscle memory
[RUE]Bambinex
I've got some shitass reflexes because of it but that's the only thing this game brung to me lmao
show more