forum

Benefits of playing osu! IRL

posted
Total Posts
show more
keremaru
i guess your friends just notice you more
and random people walk up behind you at school and go "HOLY SHIT HIS FINGERS ARE GOING BRRRRRRR"
but yeah i don't really know any benefits of osu! other than that i know at least 98% of the silhouettes of characters whenever i watch bad apple
and i've been playing for 3-4 years
Nuuskamuikkunen
I think that osu! is really helpful if you're doing something music-related like singing or playing an instrument as it helps you to keep a better sense of rhythm. This applies to almost all rhythm games as well.
Riae
Benefits:yes um reaction time happiness new people to talk with and uh songs to listen too when im bored
alysosu
i got better reaction time / hand eye coordination.
RaichusHArem
Of course, improving my reflexes and being more lively everyday❢ ^^
Niktushi
No benefits.
animeslayergp
none
haha i rolypoly
i was able to show off to my class at school in computer class by showing my amazing ranks last year
zesteas
I can now finger girls with rapid speed. Only problem is im too busy playing osu to talk to women... what a waste
redleader20056
‌‌‌‌‌‌
AmyRunes
You get a faster loading time and reaction! Owo
haha i rolypoly

zesteas wrote:

I can now finger girls with rapid speed. Only problem is im too busy playing osu to talk to women... what a waste

_
owuawo
for me, it definitely improved my reaction time but also definitely damaged my eyes lmao. i also have finger pain or join pain on my hand every now and then from playing osu. so thats why i take alot of breaks (my play history is a shame)
somebody_33
From playing osu! for about a year, it has really improved my reaction time, typing speed, rhythm perception, and finger strength. And now I can brag to everyone about the fact that I'm top 4.5k in taiko.
animeslayergp
playing osu standard,if you use a tablet,your handwriting will improve a little,at least my teacher at the time was like wow you write alot better
cutedoggo20
With osu!, I have increased my chances of not finding a life
wowcake
I can immediately catch my clothes from falling in the bathroom, for real. LOL
animeslayergp

Wowcake wrote:

I can immediately catch my clothes from falling in the bathroom, for real. LOL
nani,you dont play osu catch
Chiru-kun
just maybe, but as a mapper i feel more creative, like i can be skeptical about what i make, and i can create gimmicks in my works
sadave
osu has expanded my musical taste and i can now enjoy bts
Sugar_owo
Helped my reaction time basically.
LimeTwist
Helps me find banger songs
FireFizzA
it can also help with building muscle memory
[RUE]Bambinex
I've got some shitass reflexes because of it but that's the only thing this game brung to me lmao
Archnila
Helps me to be more aware of how shitty I am with rhythms if there’s no drum beats XD all joking aside, I definitely am more aware about the layers my favourite songs have now. I’m trying to beatmap one of my favourite songs and well, didn’t realise it has some underlying beats etc. I play the guitar and osu is actually helping me to be slightly better at understanding rhythm
Rebel_Fox
1. i found lots of amazing songs cuz of this game
2. some of the times, i get a laugh out of the multiplayer chats
3. it distracts me from my depression and intrusive thoughts.
Sugar_owo
Realistic list for me -

- It helped my reaction time

- It helped me find a new genre of great songs and artists to listen to

- It showed me new people to talk to ^^

- It helped me enjoy rhythm games more lol
DumbNecro
b
NoitaKuningas

TomDotBat wrote:

there are no benefits.
we die alone.
That does sound about right yeah
Watervapor
More on reaction time, a bit of aim but I rarely play fps so I can't say to a full extent.
Vexxer232
Not an improvement, per se, but I feel like it's enhanced my music listening experience.

I listen to breakcore and shizz like that and think to myself "how would this be charted in mania" and somehow, for some reason I don't know why, it makes me feel super super good.
yarWe
not forgetting how to hold a pen
Thevaka
1. Faster reflex
2. Calming me when I feel stress
Karmine

yarWe wrote:

not forgetting how to hold a pen
Literally the only reason I still know how to do that.
Outside of exams I haven't used an actual pen in years.

Other than that there's no real benefit of playing the game, except RSI if you like pain.
lazymint
My reaction time is definitely improved, uhhh and I can hold pens better? LMAO
Lunniet
Now I can dodge revolver projectiles, I don't need a healthcare for these kind of injuries.

Source: trust me

and don't forget
we are here forever

real benefits to me:
listen to new songs
talk to people
epic man 2
-More varied and larger song taste
-Some Music theory knowledge (thanks to mapping)
-Stamina, reaction time and a bit of speed.

Can't think of anything else but I think that is it.
YomiO
reaction
more variety of music
etc
mchaxer
I would say my reflex and my eyes got faster
Blue9485
it's improved my reaction time in other games
show more