forum

Storyboarding the fail sequence

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +72
show more
Starrodkirby86
And I was just thinking about this too.

I'd like this to be implemented~
Zerostarry
Support. orz.
Sleep Powder
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
If this gets used in more than once out of every a hundred maps, I'll eat my hat.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
K2J
If you're leaning towards a denial, can I at least reach a compromise of having a sample explicitly for when the Retry screen appears, along with the current failsound?
awp

Echo wrote:

If this gets used in more than once out of every a hundred maps, I'll eat my hat.
Are you talking 100 maps overall, 100 completed maps, or 100 above average maps? I wouldn't want to discourage anyone who puts more than minimal effort into the presentation aspect of beatmapping.

@K2J NO COMPROMISING! Without the visual component it's all for naught!
Derekku
I would personally try to do it for my maps XP

I mean, look at storyboarding: Not a whole lot of maps have one, but there's still the option. I can see a number of people using this if implemented :/
LuigiHann

Echo wrote:

Are you talking 1 out of every 100 maps total, or one out of every 100 maps made after the feature is implemented? If it's the former, that's a bit unfair. If it's the latter, keep in mind that currently, more than 1 out of every 100 maps (so far) is made by LuigiHann.
Echo
1 out of every 100 ranked maps starting from when this is implemented.
LuigiHann
awp
Bumping this again, and I am willing to pay for any hats consumed by Echo which may result from this getting implemented.

Upon song failure, stuff falls apart, map fades out, and SB kicks in if present. I reckon the syntax being similar to an intro but on a unique layer

Sprite,"layer","origin","filepath",x,y
_event, easing, starttime, endtime, [params]

where "layer" = GameOver,
starttime = offset in milliseconds from beginning of GameOver sequence (must be 0 or positive)
endtime = offset in milliseconds from beginning of GameOver sequence (must be 0 or positive)

Note that, unlike other SB code blocks, there is only one layer. Because there's no interaction involved, the pass/fail layers are not required, and Foreground/Background differentiation is already handled by the order in which commands are scripted.
Sinistro
I'll pay for any brims these hats may have.

Yes, I still want this. Thank you.
Luneko
This would be awesome imo
Tatsuo
I would like to see this.
mm201
I like awp's implementation idea. Sounds very straightforward.
Shiirn
I would love this. I'd be able to finally pull off my dream of having my umineko maps have a gunshot/STAKE'D-fail SB.
Sakura
I agree this sounds like a nice idea
RandomJibberish
This would be really cool. Even on non iNiSy SBs it could make some nice effects :P
James2250
Although I need to learn some more storyboarding has my full support~
Soaprman
If this happens, I'll have to try failing every map just in case. Support!
Gomo Psivarh
SUPPORT +65535 :)

We need more sb elements!
Sleep Powder
This was used in the DS games so I guess it'll work out...right?

At first, I was thinking it would be cool to add effects of how the notes fall ( or whatever they do) when you fail.
Like instead a wave washes them all out lol or maybe they all explode like bombs.

Now, would the storyboard take up the entire screen or would the HP bar still show? (and those other things)
awp
I imagine it would work like an intro/outro.
mm201
Similar to trigger loops I guess.
awp
Bump. Requesting this be implemented prior to the Storyboarding Contest deadline.
gat1toneku
oh aside from making osu more perfect this would be epic
theMikeAG
I expect to see this when fail sequences are implemented.
If not, I will be very disappointed.
Zelos
If only I had votes to show support.
- Sugoi Sugoi -
necrobump ftw
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ
█████████
Bara-

- Sugoi Sugoi - wrote:

necrobump ftw
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ
█████████
LOOOL
Great spoiler

Also, doesn't this already exist?
Foreground
Background
Pass
Fail
Flanster
"Fail" and "Pass" are used for breaks, not the failing of the song itself.