forum

"This score doesn't look right" Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Giorgos
If the server was down that day,then I don't think that it is possible to put this score in internet now.
Krzysiek
There has been several cases of data loss due to server being down. I'm afraid this can't be fixed. There has been one situation when lost data was reuploaded (AFAIR 2010.09.26), but then server was working properly.
ziin
About touchscreenpro:
I think someone who is good at DJMax Technika and/or jubeat would have no problems being awesome at osu, especially on a touchscreen. However, he can't be 13 (he's already a liar about that) and he can't know what he knows this early in playing. He needs to prove his skills and explain them properly or just quit playing online.
Lunah_old

ziin wrote:

About touchscreenpro:
especially on a touchscreen.
I think he doesn't use a touchscreen, watch some replay

and DJMax and Jubeat surely help you, but don't make you read flashlight better
ziin

Lunah wrote:

and DJMax and Jubeat surely help you, but don't make you read flashlight better
As I said, he can't know what he knows after a few days of playing.

I'll watch his replays though.

I've seen random people be really good at rhythm games after picking it up for a few days, to the point where they break the game/do something nobody thought was possible, usually because they're really good at some other rhythm game. Of course they way they defended themselves was to video/screenshot/explain why they're so good. If they can't do that, then they don't have to play online.
Waryas
If they can't do that, then they don't have to play online.
It's not an obligation to post video but it's more of a courtesy. It might be an alien playing (Reverie's case)
Glass

thebesthingever wrote:

Glass wrote:

Playing on a touch screen doesn't make it any easier to FC maps on FL+HD, in fact it's even harder because you have to memorize the spots instead of sightreading certain parts since you can't move your cursor without risking to accidentally hit a note.

also, gl doing streams on a touchscreen pc
Streams, to me anyway, are actually pretty easy on a Touch Screen Laptop, I just tap with all four of my fingers so...
How the fuck do you tap with FOUR fingers when even the largest circle size allows barely 2 fingers? Also, that guy doesn't play like he's on a touchscreen, his cursor would be teleporting around if he was, go ask Bikko since he plays on a touchscreen.

I doubt anything will be done about these obvious cheaters until peppy steps up his anti-cheating system or gives more power to other veteran admins. That 4mod Maid of Fire guy still hasn't been baleeted? What kind of joke is this.

PS: osu! and DJMax are different games albeit they're the same genre, in DJMax all you have to do is watch the notes fall and press whatever key it corresponds to, while in osu! you have to watch the approach circles AND have good movements with your mouse to be able to pull off things FL+HD. I could be good at DJMax and shit at osu! if I'm only dexterous with my keyboard.

No matter how the hell you put it, getting FL+HD records on Insane maps in the first 3 days of playing this game can't possibly be legit, it's either macroing or multiaccount. Probably both.
Lunah_old
Actually play flashlight on a Touchscreen is harder.

You don't move your cursors, so you should perfectly know where beats are

and why am i writing this, he's not playing a touchscreen plus he cheats plus he is a multi
CXu
Wait, everyone's assuming he plays with a touchscreen just because his username have "touchscreen" in it?
I mean, he could very well be playing with mouse or tablet.
It does look suspicious though
KRZY
lol i love how people fail to see the obvious

"b..b..but the guy could just be so pro in the game!"

"b..b..but he could have been practicing osu before he was even born!'
Saosin_old
I don't know if this has already been posted... >.< but http://osu.ppy.sh/b/27638
Wishy
That chinese guy who got FC at Made of Fire isn't a cheater neither, he just randomly clicked at a random rhythm through the whole screen and he just happened to hit every beat, it's possible you know... like it's more likely that you can run through a wall because of quantum tunneling but still possible.

Of course you can have some advantage if you played other rhythm games, as you have some advantage at Guitar Hero if you've been playing a real guitar for years, but you don't just have godlike memory and pro skills the day after you registered... like Dave Mustaine sucks at Guitar Hero, really.

And wtf about this guy jimmyman3, his screen says he got 14 x 100 and 150 x 50 and 98% accuracy, I mean wtf?
KRZY

Wishy22 wrote:

like it's more likely that you can run through a wall because of quantum tunneling but still possible.

LOL
ziin
Just because it's possible doesn't mean I think he's not cheating/not multi. I'm just saying that when he does get banned for that, he needs to be able to prove himself legit. just checking with a few bats and having them say he's good isn't really sufficient for the community.

Glass wrote:

PS: osu! and DJMax are different games albeit they're the same genre, in DJMax all you have to do is watch the notes fall and press whatever key it corresponds to, while in osu! you have to watch the approach circles AND have good movements with your mouse to be able to pull off things FL+HD. I could be good at DJMax and shit at osu! if I'm only dexterous with my keyboard.
DJMAX Technika uses almost exactly the same skills as osu when you play on a touch screen. In fact, I could legitimately make a technika map in osu, especially if I got rid of approach circles and did a proper storyboard, though the storyboard would be very difficult to accomplish.

Glass wrote:

No matter how the hell you put it, getting FL+HD records on Insane maps in the first 3 days of playing this game can't possibly be legit, it's either macroing or multiaccount. Probably both.
"b..b..but the guy could just be so pro in the game!" And I've been surprised before.

I'm pretty convinced he's multi and flashlight hack though after seeing his replays, but I stand by everything I said earlier.
Wishy
BTW this guy:

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/april

Multi or what? Looks legit to me but I don't know. xd

ziin wrote:

Etc
The guy should be banned first, then if he wants to post a video to get his account back, let him do it, he should stay banned 'till he does.
ziin

Wishy22 wrote:

The guy should be banned first, then if he wants to post a video to get his account back, let him do it, he should stay banned 'till he does.
He could post a video before he gets banned too, that would work, but the possibility that someone is legit shouldn't factor into time it takes to ban him.

and april is probably a person who just has no life. That's what 3500 plays in a month will do to you.
Glass

ziin wrote:

Glass wrote:

DJMAX Technika uses almost exactly the same skills as osu when you play on a touch screen. In fact, I could legitimately make a technika map in osu, especially if I got rid of approach circles and did a proper storyboard, though the storyboard would be very difficult to accomplish.
I was talking about the bemani style series, not technika; I know that's a bit similar.

ziin wrote:

Glass wrote:

"b..b..but the guy could just be so pro in the game!" And I've been surprised before.
Nope. Just another multi.
naptime

ziin wrote:

and april is probably a person who just has no life. That's what 3500 plays in a month will do to you.
Nope. Just another multi.
Waryas
. That's what 3500 plays in a month will do to you.
You call 3500 a lot? lol.
ebacho
Another multi: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/685632

Joined yesterday and has rank 1 FL replays.
Wishy

ziin wrote:

He could post a video before he gets banned too, that would work, but the possibility that someone is legit shouldn't factor into time it takes to ban him.

3500 plays a month isn't really a lot, it's just about 120 plays a day, which is pretty much nothing if you try to get some high ranks, since you get one play count per miss basically, sometimes you just get 200 play counts in 2 hours or less, 3500 a month isn't really a lot if you are an active player, I'd say it's average.

And no, it wouldn't work, because this kind of situations end up like the guy never appears again on the forums or just says he's busy and he can't do the video right now and shit.
Waryas

ebacho wrote:

Another multi: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/685632

Joined yesterday and has rank 1 FL replays.
Probably TouchScreenPro's multi given the mod he uses.
Decay
@jimmyman3 just do it again nothing can be done to those unfortunately

also

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/cookiezifan

W A T
Ekoro
WTF?!
Miu Matsuoka
WHO. THE. FXCK. IS. THIS.

Pastry - Goblin Girl [Lunatic] DT #1
GUMI - PANDA HERO [Insane] HD+DT #1

The playstyle is very strange and he is definitely a cheater.
Look at his spinner spinning, the cursor moves like a rectangle

Plus, there are no tracks when he moves the cursor.
Unlike Bikko, although Bikko plays with a touchscreen, there are still tracks when he moves his cursor.

DAMN YOU FXCKIN' CHEATERS
Sure

cheukhin1985 wrote:

WHO. THE. FXCK. IS. THIS.

Pastry - Goblin Girl [Lunatic] DT #1
GUMI - PANDA HERO [Insane] HD+DT #1

The playstyle is very strange and he is definitely a cheater.
Look at his spinner spinning, the cursor moves like a rectangle

Plus, there are no tracks when he moves the cursor.
Unlike Bikko, although Bikko plays with a touchscreen, there are still tracks when he moves his cursor.

DAMN YOU FXCKIN' CHEATERS
That program works well really. lol
Replay couldn't catch spinner spinning.. how fast?
I wish get it for test.
Decay

ykcarrot wrote:

That program works well really. lol
Replay couldn't catch spinner spinning.. how fast?
I wish get it for test.
seemed to fluctuate around 330-390 with DT on in pastry girl
Wishy
So now we got the report function!
Mitiai
I found EPIC COOKIEZ HACKED REPLAY!
Beatmap link: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/60941
Watch Cookiezi replay, 100% acc until the 75% of the map, then hes missing one note and getting like 10 millions. But what we see in Top 50 Scoreboard?

Rank Score Accuracy Player Max Combo 300 / 100 / 50 Geki Katu Misses Mods
#1 15,749,435 99.89% Cookiezi 1024 631 / 1 / 0 114 1 0 Hidden

Have fun D:
Ekoro

Mitiai wrote:

I found EPIC COOKIEZ HACKED REPLAY!
Beatmap link: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/60941
Watch Cookiezi replay, 100% acc until the 75% of the map, then hes missing one note and getting like 10 millions. But what we see in Top 50 Scoreboard?

Rank Score Accuracy Player Max Combo 300 / 100 / 50 Geki Katu Misses Mods
#1 15,749,435 99.89% Cookiezi 1024 631 / 1 / 0 114 1 0 Hidden

Have fun D:
Wut
Spark_old
It's just a replay bug, happened to me too on the normal replay of this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/86097
score is still correct though...
Wishy
I've cleared some maps with 1 miss and then on the replay I have no miss, that stuff happens.
Topic Starter
peppy
For suspected foul play, please use the Report link on the beatmap info pages. This thread is way too hard to keep track of and should be considered redundant.

Thanks for your help!