forum

The ^<>v Game

posted
Total Posts
show more
Penguin
^ I'd agree with that statement for the most part. I feel like everyone is special to their close friends and family though.

< I used to weigh upwards of 300 lbs before 2015. I am now currently 170lbs.

> "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."

― Eleanor Roosevelt

V My guess is that you mostly play CTB
keremaru
^ not as much nowadays, but trying to get back in. hd ar9.8 reading/scroll speed 36 and hyperwalks galore.
< i live in 2019
> traps are not "happy"
v you're most likely an individual rich of culture.
Penguin
^ I am a white male in America. I have no culture lmao

< My favorite food is waffles

> "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."

― Aristotle

V You can speak 3 languages?
Achromalia
^ To be safe, I'll say no.

< As an extension to that answer, I can only *fluently* speak English, while I'm more of a proficient reader in Spanish, though I can pronounce Spanish words and phrases fairly easily. Even then, I can't hold a conversation in Spanish. Japanese would be third in line, but I may struggle to pronounce a few things and can't hope to actually speak Japanese quite yet.

> "The only kind of 'fuck' I do around here is 'fuck up'."

― Achromatism (2018)

v Perhaps you do not believe there's an actual god or deity out there.
keremaru
^ No, I don't. But in the case of fictional gods and deities in fictional settings, such as Touhou and D&D, I will make an exception.
< In relevancy to personal beliefs, I personally don't like my Japanese teacher. Every older figure that I know has said time and time again that last year's Japanese teacher was better than this year's, and I'm starting to see why. Not just in practices, but as a most-likely less lenient teacher in contrast to the current.
> Keyboard SSB is easier than controller. Prove me wrong.
v You are probably another entity of mass culture who also prefers desktop to consoles.
Achromalia
^ I prefer desktop to consoles, but I'm not certain if I'm rich of culture.

< In conjunction with my last question, I haven't really found there to be anything sufficient for me to believe in a god of any sort. I suppose I'd consider myself an atheist, but eh. I just don't see much of a need in implementing a religious aspect to my life, creating music and art is fulfilling enough and is really all I need to ask for. The rest of life, I'll handle on my own.

> One of my toes have basically become a claw. Really weird, and slightly concerning. Maybe even TMI, but I thought I might as well share something weird for the sake of it.

v I'd assume you're not really concerned with your appearance.
vinnicci
                                ^ sometimes yes, sometimes no
< i'm still trying to find my passion > trying to use code, seems cool
v you can survive alone
AyeAries
^ no, i can't survive
< i'm still try to make mania maps, since i'm inactive for 6 months.
> work>>>games
v you're working rn? (full or part-time)
keremaru
^ I don't have a job, but I am going to set out to at least apply once I'm 16.
< I can't FC o!catch converts anymore.
> ー═┻┳︻▄ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ ▄︻┻┳═一 YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY AUTISM, MODS!
v You... prefer apple pie over chocolate cake?
Penguin
^ Yes, I do. Chocolate is okay, but I don't like an overwhelming amount, IE chocolate cake, fudge, hershey's, etc etc

< I'm getting back into mapping, but I'll probably lose interest in a few weeks as I always do :/

> “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

V My guess is that your favorite food is not of your culture.
Husa
^true
<just had a tourney match today and I was at my peakest WHILE shaking w
>i hate ar10+
vis a lively person and prob the bestest
Achromalia
^ I'd think otherwise. I'd consider myself more reserved and honestly, not really a great person. I do what I can, I guess, but I'd say I'm a pretty damn lackluster individual.

< Moving again, back with my dad in maybe 5 to 6 hours or so.

> School's coming up. What a pain in the ass.

v Really doesn't care for social interaction in real life.
keremaru
^ Hell no, I need social interaction irl. The only issue is how I set out to acquire said interaction.
< Can't play 1-Dimensional DT anymore.
> Any knowing lifeform shouldn't dissect jello, for dead kappas lest find jellos killed like dead jellos.
v Most likely a living being who likes ice cream.
Penguin
^ Seeing as how I'm lactose intolerant... sometimes I live dangerously

< I'm slowly ruining my sleep schedule

> "Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
― Victor Hugo

V I'm guessing that you like jazz, but not to the point where you actively listen to it?
Achromalia
^ pretty much.

< deprived of creativity and overall ability to get shit done thanks to school

> can thoust not

v probably was really tired today.
CatzerTM
^ no, i'm just bored
< I'm anxious because i have school tomorrow
> This text has been deleted
v you're probably not a fan of house music
Penguin
^ I do like house music. It was one of the first genres of electronic music I started listening to.

< I'm slowly secluding myself from society again..

> "If you're going through hell, keep going."
― Winston Churchill

V Do you spend most of your time on the internet watching twitch streams?
Achromalia
^ I don't. It's likely either YouTube or sticking around on the forums.

< Life just got even more complicated.

> Child support's a bitch.

v Wouldn't kill me even if I'm asking them to right now.
CatzerTM
^ i don't know you enough to do that procedure
< i'm left - handed
> i am stressed
v probably is having some form of anxiety even in the slightess
Achromalia
^ I don't consider myself anxious, as far as it's defined. If anything, I'm usually stressed.

< stressed. life.

> life. stressful.

v stressed.
Penguin
^ Not really stressed at the moment. I am moreso anxious nowadays though.

< listing to a lot of alt-rock lately

> "Forget the past - the future will give you plenty to worry about."
- George Allen, Sr.

V Your favorite video game is on the PS2?
Achromalia
^ FUCK. I can't quite choose between the multitude of Need for Speed games and Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies, as well as the many other games i've spent months of my life on, but I think my favorite game would most likely be on the PS2.

< tired. life.

> life. tiresome.

v tired.
keremaru
^ I should be, but I'm not.
< Had a power outage today, so I took a long warm nap. Maybe that's why I'm not tired...
> Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
v You're probably near the East if you're replying at this hour.
vinnicci
^ south east ye
< nowadays i just eat two meals a day
> weak
v already has vision for their future
Refills
^ i wish lmao
< aspiring pp mapper
> sotarks' quaver hit 320k plays at it's peak on the most popular beatmap section, beating cbcc by 60k plays (iirc)
v is tired of everyone's shit
Penguin
^ nah, I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to people. I'm an overall laid back person.

< I have to get tax information for this upcoming school semester, but the government is shut down right now. It might be a while..

> "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep."
- Robert Frost

V My guess is that your favorite subject in school is history?
Refills
^ no

< sucks at osu

> please add me on discord Sylvi#6900

v is good at mapping
Achromalia
^ not at all. I wouldn't consider myself good, at least.

< I happen to be an idiot.

> Don't stay up late before school.

v Perhaps you like some of the people you've met on the forums.
Penguin
> That's correct. I've only talked to a few, but pretty much everyone in FG and OT are cool people

< I like gummy bears

> "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did."
– Mark Twain

V You favorite candy is Sour Patch Kids?
Achromalia
^ It isn't, I don't really eat much candy.

< I'm feeling a bit tired of being here, being myself, again. I've hoped for more from myself. Still trying to improve on things.

> I suppose the rating system I've got is a bit peculiar, the ??.??/10 format may seem a little much or pointlessly specific, but I find it personally natural and easy to judge music with for a few reasons. If you're rating or judging music constantly, listening to tons of music content and finding things to appreciate about it, there's going to be a very wide range of songs that you may rate 7/10 or 8/10, or something. Yet, there's aspects in one song that's rated 7/10 that would be interestingly powerful, or perhaps would seem to have more depth, than another song you'd rate 7/10.

As a result, you may wind up rating the former as a 7.8/10, and the other a 7.3/10. They're both generally as decent, but have noticeable differences that affect your experience.

The extra decimal digit is not as essential but still helps differentiate from other ratings. There may be incredibly similar songs with a few varying aspects that may be hard to judge or discern from, but you may give them a general rating of 8.2/10.

Perhaps a preference of yours comes in, as to what grabs your attention most, what immerses you most, or perhaps what seems to be easy to listen to in terms of replay value or maybe general coherence to the rest of the song. So many aspects can lead to a pretty specific feeling for each song. You may ultimately end up with a rating that's merely 0.05 points or so apart, like 8.17/10 and 8.22/10, purely for the minute details that happened to make the latter more pleasant or interesting to listen to.

A bit of an essay, but yeah. If it still seems a little dumb, or just as ridiculous, something like verbosity but in regards to numbers, then I suppose it's fine. Ultimately, it comes down to my personal preference. I find ?.???/10 a bit much for now, so I'm sticking with ?.??/10, as it's what I find most comfortable in rating things, especially music. The format may change dependent on the medium, like the taste of something as opposed to a song.

v Might think my weird essay above happened to be mildly interesting or insightful.
keremaru
^ Not too much, but the (数字)/10 system isn't too bad.
< Gonna try to crunch through the entirety of high school in at least two years in order to get the "essentials" out of the way.
> All kinds south dish just firetrucks heckers.
v Probably confused at my random statement.
Penguin
^ yes, I am.

< I bought the wallpaper engine program thingy on steam, and my wallpapers are lit now

> "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
-Bill Gates

V probably sick and tired of my quotes every time I post in this thread
Achromalia
^ big wrong

< big die

> big chungus

v big disappointment in regards to this post.
vinnicci
^ big chungus made it, nah idc really
< black sheep of the family
> blah
v active poster, but inactive player
Achromalia
^ quite true.

< i feel like i'm pretty predictable.

> life's tiresome.

v listening to music as they're reading this, maybe?
Sosteneshion
^ No I am not :c
< Love rpg games
> Sky isnt blue
v Like j-pop
keremaru
^ no; i love j-pop zzzzz
< school grinder
> The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal bodeboop. A sing lap should be completed every time you hear this sound. ding Remember to run in a straight line and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark. Get ready!… Start.
v sleeping while awake
Penguin
^ nah, I feel pretty cognizant of everything rn

< I had to do the "pacer test" when I was trying to join the army.

> "If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed,''
- U.S. Navy Adm. William H. McCraven

V probably just finished playing a game they enjoy on steam
keremaru
^ i don't have steam, but i enjoy warframe. sadly, that was hours ago.
< doesn't want to do work for english, but knows that they have to.
> sugnuhc gib
v drank coffee at least twice this week
Achromalia
^ I don't drink coffee.

< My sleeping patterns are abysmal.

> School is tiresome, though that isn't a surprise.

v perhaps you recently found a new album by a new artist and really enjoy it?
show more