forum

//NIGHTGATE/pro/Minimal, Futuristic, 9 Colors.//

posted
Total Posts
show more
RockRoller

h3oCharles wrote:

there is. hitcircleoverlay's anchor point is top left instead of middle center

Thats not really a problem with using fallback, thats just a problem of people not sticking to the recommanded sizes
h3oCharles
how's progress on colors?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Um, quite a standstill --very busy at the moment and probably for a long time too

I'm not sure how Luro is doing, I'll PM him and find out

Sorry for the delays... I'm quite annoyed at them myself
longnguyen2004

h3oCharles wrote:

how's progress on colors?

Currently refining blue, but still have to check standard aspect ratio stuff

Anyway, where's -yuo-? Anything on 7k+1 yet?
MisaKitten
Hmmmm for some reason the Setup folder is missing from the download at my end. Is it just me?

Ps: Thanks for your hard work, been using VOEZ since I started playing cuz I hated the basic skin <3
longnguyen2004
Hmm try redl-ing, it's still fine on my end.

EDIT: Anybody wanna test 4:3 (and 5:4)?
CrazyBryan
The skin is so good that I want to download it now so badly but I wanna wait until it is fully released, so i wish you good luck in making the skin. Ganbatte senpai!
longnguyen2004
Green is already complete dude :) If you want the other colors, then...yeah.
The_Cat_Wizard
Masterpiece
Catninja
Oh great, another skin to praise!

I'm really, really looking forward to the pink color; I'm quite pleased with the green one, though.
shicn
Uhh, i cannot find the setup folder. lmao
h3oCharles

shicn wrote:

Uhh, i cannot find the setup folder. lmao

CTRL+O -> Skin -> Open current skin folder

MisaKitten wrote:

Hmmmm for some reason the Setup folder is missing from the download at my end. Is it just me?

extract the osk instead of directly opening it
Topic Starter
-yuo-
-------------------PINK COMPLETE!-------------------

1 OCT 2018 [PINK v1]
  • NIGHTGATE PINK COMPLETE
    Small Fixes:
    - Buttons have darker backgrounds
    - Multi elements touched up (multi-skipped and multi-winner)
    - More kawaii combo colours for pink lovers

I need to implement these changes to GREEN.

"new setup for 4:3 and 5:4 screens"
@longnguyen2004, any updates on the ratios?

@DaPrimeAtce is patching up Red and Orange quite well. Red will be out next after we fix a small amount of options up. Reply +1 for red to get me to post a link to download the current progress

Appreciate my procrastination to get this done. Well, I hope it is... *massive sigh* It's been too long a wait
h3oCharles
oh shoot

he's alive POGGERS :eyes:

also 404th post
*insert a not found joke here*
Krix08
where is my 4:3 ratio, i use 4:3 ratio in osu
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Krizto08 wrote:

4:3 is currently not supported, but planned.
Krix08

-yuo- wrote:

Krizto08 wrote:

4:3 is currently not supported, but planned.

oh, ok! ill be waiting then :d
ababa
Nightgate Pink Version, Version compiled Oct 1st 2018.
High Definition, 16:9
Found bugs:

DaPrimeAtce

IceDynamix wrote:

Unclean Overlay, convering a part of the forums button and leaving a small gray line

Personally I use the 16:9 ratio, and I have tried a few times before to contact -yuo- about those two bugs, but I heard anything specifically about these bugs being fixed... yet
Topic Starter
-yuo-

IceDynamix wrote:

Found bugs:

Thanks for the pickup. Will look into it -soon-.
DaPrimeAtce
Post was retracted.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Great! Thanks for that, it’s a big help.

I don’t think these are ratio-dependant files so they should be fine. I’ve downloaded them onto my phone successfully and i’ll check them -soon-
101Gingers
So is there any way to request certain features for this skin? I really like almost everything i'm seeing, but i'm a orb-skin based player, and bar-style isn't something I can do effectively, however, this whole entire skin is just amazing looking.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
I'm assuming you're referring to Mania.

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to cover circle mania, it would take up quite some time. (I'm sure i'm famous for complaining about my lack of time so here you go)

This would need a complete redesign of how Nightgate's mania works so it's basically skinning the whole thing from scratch. _time_ consuming adding to the fact that lots of design has gone into all the alignments and over-spacing of stuff to achieve the minimalistic look.

Sorry that I can't help you with this!
ababa

-yuo- wrote:

IceDynamix wrote:

Found bugs:

Thanks for the pickup. Will look into it -soon-.
Thanks a lot.

101Gingers wrote:

So is there any way to request certain features for this skin? I really like almost everything i'm seeing, but i'm a orb-skin based player, and bar-style isn't something I can do effectively, however, this whole entire skin is just amazing looking.
I can see where you want to go with this, but making a orb-skin for mania would be, as already said, be very time consuming.
It is possible, no doubt. Maybe even I could make the orb-skin addition, if I had time.

My take on things is that you have to put in effort to do things, instead of always relying on other people.
If there is something you don't like, change it yourself.
Can't change it yourself? Ask someone to assist you. But don't ask them to do it for you. You'll learn more if you do it yourself.

My opinion about the current mania bar-skin, from a mania players perspective who plays with bar-skin, is that it's fine.
Though I'd rather use a more simplistic skin for denser maps. There's just too much going on with the hitlight.
I manually set the ColorLightX to 0,0,000 for that.

Another thing I'd fix is to set the ColorX to 0,0,0,255. It simply distracts too much if you don't play with 100% dim.

Edit: typo
Topic Starter
-yuo-

IceDynamix wrote:

There's just too much going on with the hitlight.
I manually set the ColorLightX to 0,0,000 for that.

Another thing I'd fix is to set the ColorX to 0,0,0,255. It simply distracts too much if you don't play with 100% dim.

Thanks for the feedback. Have you not seen the preferences? I think theres a less-flashy hitlight in there. If you have, what would you put in for a hitlight? I think I might be able to implement because hitlights are pretty easy to put in. (i’m more scared of uploading the change though because updates are a pain)

also, what’s ColourX and what does that do?
101Gingers

IceDynamix wrote:

101Gingers wrote:

-snip-

I can see where you want to go with this, but making a orb-skin for mania would be, as already said, be very time consuming.
It is possible, no doubt. Maybe even I could make the orb-skin addition, if I had time.

My take on things is that you have to put in effort to do things, instead of always relying on other people.
If there is something you don't like, change it yourself.
Can't change it yourself? Ask someone to assist you. But don't ask them to do it for you. You'll learn more if you do it yourself.

Edit: typo

I 100% agree with that. I'd be more than okay with taking the attempt and uploading my own changes if the post and skin creator agrees, I don't want to take creative liberty with someone else's work without that okay though.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Well, I’ll give the okay to you!

I’d love to see what you make!
If you want to share, pass it to me and maybe i’ll merge/link it here in the post with your name! :D
ababa

-yuo- wrote:

also, what’s ColourX and what does that do?
Background color of each lane in mania.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
-------------------PINK - SMALL UPDATE-------------------

6 OCT 2018 [PINK v1.1]

• Small Fixes:
    - Refine top bar in song select.

I still need to implement these changes to GREEN.

The alignment of the dotted followpoints change as the CS changes (I think. Maybe it's just HR, but I can't fix this issue as this is osu's fault.)

Editing the mania background to become darker is too time consuming (desperate for time) so I'll leave that as it is. People would just use background dim anyway.

Finally got my homework done. I only have one day till I get a stack more though. Enjoy my intensive care!

-------------------RED IN BETA!-------------------

6 OCT 2018 [RED b6-10]
  • NIGHTGATE RED BETA NOW OUT
    Come test out Nightgate in RED! Very kindly patched by the amazing DaPrimeAtce.
    We need to figure out the preferences, as most of them disappeared for some reason. But otherwise, the main skin seems all good to my eyes.

If you see any issues, please report them with the version details seen in the mode select panel.
h3oCharles
Red AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
also why is rebrand.ly an unsafe site, Chrome and COMODO are not happy with it

ok, I got it, but then I look at the colors and it doesn't seem right... it's FF0208 and not FC2738
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Yeh, it was patched by DaPrimeAtce using hue shift method so colours are probably not that precise.

But well, it works and it’s a decently high standard don’t you think?

I haven’t had much problems woth rebrandly, maybe it’s unsafe because people do dodgy things with it... Tell me if theres an issue though. I just use it to cound downloads and thats all.
Matt2e2

-yuo- wrote:

I haven’t had much problems with rebrand.ly, maybe it’s unsafe because people do dodgy things with it... Tell me if there's an issue though. I just use it to count downloads and that's all.

If you want something more reliable that can track downloads I recommend you use MediaFire instead.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Mediafire doesn’t seem to have a direct download link, so i’d need to redirect to their page.

Then their page pops up ads everywhere, and the actual download button is reletivley hard to find.

Bad experience = -yuo- won’t use
DaPrimeAtce

-yuo- wrote:

Mediafire doesn’t seem to have a direct download link, so i’d need to redirect to their page.

Then their page pops up ads everywhere, and the actual download button is reletivley hard to find.

Not to mention, half the time the link doesn't work if you upload to MediaFire.
longnguyen2004

-yuo- wrote:

It's actually possible to get direct download link by inspecting the download button. But it's extremely unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just redirects you back to the download page. Basically it's a mess.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
yep;
mediafire: nope.

Same goes with Mega, Good presentation, no ads (well, they advertise themselves a lot which is the same level of annoying), but downloading is weird and no direct again.

Dropbox was great. It had an easy direct download link, automatic with no UI, no ads, easy download, no weird GDrive Virus Scanning. It was the best one and was my previous system but it's download limit of 20GB/day and a ban for a week if it's reached left many users unable to download. (which, i'm quite proud of but also annoyed at. Thanks everyone!)
longnguyen2004

-yuo- wrote:

but downloading is weird and no direct again.

That's because MEGA uses end to end encryption. The file is stored on their servers in encrypted form, and they can't decrypt it unless they have the key (which they don't). When you download a file, it's decrypted on your computer, not on their servers. So yeah, no direct.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Ah, that's cool. Mega imo is pretty good for personal / person-to-person use, but not so much in the case of skinning (person-to-world)... Encryption wouldn't really do much

EDIT:
-------------------RED UPDATE-------------------

10 OCT 2018 [RED b10-10]
  • Not much has changed, but I've merged my new multi designs and new menu buttons. Also fixed the info panel (ish, date says 8 not 10 because thats when I did them, and it's such a tedious task to fix so I'm not gonna do it for a silly 8.)

If you see any issues, please report them with the version details seen in the mode select panel.

Seriously, Updating all the screen sizes and colours is suuuch a mind-melting task.

-------------------ORANGE: BUG TESTING-------------------

Yes, Nightgate Orange is nearly ready, It's being bugfixed at the moment. The plan between me and DaPrimeAtce:

DaPrimeAtce converts the rest of Red and Orange files, Preferences especially.
I scan through his work to fix bugs and visual anomalies, also add my recent design improvements.

Together we aim to finish Red and Orange sometime soon. I'm sniping my homework the moment they come at me. Lets Go!!
longnguyen2004
Yeah, the encryption is good if you want to transfer private information, but skins aren't really that private anyway. I have to say the only reason that I use MEGA was the 50 GB of storage.
show more