[Guide] Making Delicious Sliders

posted
Total Posts
show more
Fatih120
Thanks, these are awesome! :)
Redon
D33d
As a kind of practical joke, I decided to try my hand at a partial spiral slider by using mm's "growing circle pieces" method. The punchline is that I wasted a good half-hour on it and that I got the end to snap into place perfectly.

Hey, it's not quite so horrible! After a load of fiddling, I figured out that the method could be improved substantially (at least, for me) by halving the amount of anchors--this seems to make it a lot easier to get it round enough, with the only "negative" being that it's not perfectly circular. However, asymmetry!=bad, as long as it's done tastefully. I think I'm gonna see how much further I can experiment with this logic, since it actually has the potential to work well.

For those who want to try this, the important part is that the anchors align every 180°. Each portion should also be perfectly symmetrical, so that the arcs look nice. The hard part is getting the tightest bend spaced correctly and making the first two arcs work around that--after that, it's a case of aligning the anchors, having straight lines going through the anchors and then adjusting the arcs' points to perfection. The last section simply needs a flatter bezier arc, which needs to be eyeballed.

Happy spiralling!

Just to prove that four-point arcs work with full Danish swirls as well:

Valseem_old
I still can't make these kind of sliders ...
quaternary
Working on my blankets today :)
DakeDekaane
What happens if you mix waves, arcs and a loop?

I know the arcs can be better, but they aren't too bad :3[_____]
Sonnyc

Catmull Star shaped slider.
Derekku

Sonnyc wrote:

Catmul
Haven't heard that word in years!
D33d
Question mark sliders in action, as part of a bigger flow event. Oooh yeah.

Kin
Dunno how I can name it

this slider is on my GD for Krah's mapset
Minhtam
This thread needs some new content.

D33d
Nice bird. You should blanket the end properly though, then it'd look more polished.
Vialle
What about writing kanjis
Vertify
That partial spiral slider looks great D33d!

Oh had I known the comments held so many more different sliders >.<
snz

It's Easy!
white_
white_
Underforest
"Delicious Sliders", nice title XDDDDDD
Silent Rock
Wow, look at these awsome sliders XD.
Joe Castle
CYAnims
How do you add redpoints to sliders?
Endaris

CYAnims wrote:

A redpoint is nothing but 2 white points on top of each other, meaning that Ctrl+Click on a white point (or just click if you're still creating the slider) will transform it into a red one and also dragging a white point into another one should result in a red point.
iaport

Endaris wrote:

CYAnims wrote:

A redpoint is nothing but 2 white points on top of each other, meaning that Ctrl+Click on a white point (or just click if you're still creating the slider) will transform it into a red one and also dragging a white point into another one should result in a red point.

CYAnims wrote:

just doubleclick on the desired spot for the anchor. as far as I know,it can only be done while first making the slider It's a pain in the
ass
to redo really complex sliders, but with most beziers, it's actually really easy to just redo the slider
Spank me daddy
How can I make these sliders where you go back and forth? :S
My biggest problem is using the tools I guess xD
Endaris

Spank me daddy wrote:

You make a slider first.
Then you move your mouse on the sliderend in the timeline at the top of the editor, leftclick it and hold down and then drag it to where you want the slider to end.
Spank me daddy

Endaris wrote:

Spank me daddy wrote:

You make a slider first.
Then you move your mouse on the sliderend in the timeline at the top of the editor, leftclick it and hold down and then drag it to where you want the slider to end.

Thanks a lot! ^^
Could you tell me how to change the individual slider speed too? ^^'
It'd be a great help! :3