forum

Magome Togoshi - Gentle Jena

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
FireballFlame

jericho2442 wrote:

32 seconds of just fading out after the map.......could you not cut that shorter? :/

Easy
(suggestion) 01:00:070 (3) - space this abit more away from the (2), seems abit too close due to still being in the same combo Okay, distance snapped.
(suggestion) 01:34:151 (1,2,3) - tiiiiny but extremely ugly for some reason xD, even the spacing on these out Oops... fixed.

Normal
00:39:167 (7) - new combo here and remove the new combo at 00:40:076 (1) this way it follows the piano like all your other combos Hmm, okay.
(suggestion) 01:07:341 (3,4) - need a tiny bit more distance between them Done.
01:34:151 (8,1) - put the new combo on the (8) so that it follows the piano Done.
01:40:968 (7,8,1) -move the new combo to the (7) for the same reason, it just make more sense and looks better following the piano Done.

Hard
seems fine yay

-------------------------
very very smooth,you need to get a timing expert to check the timing over though, im not 100% sure its correct. I think it is, but I'll ask someone.

fix them up, get the timing checked by someone good at it (zekira, dooms, lyby, ect) then call me back ;)
galbreaker
lol star
Shiro
Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what you did) and why. Remember these are all suggestions.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game :)

General
It's the first time I've seen someone "skin" the applause.wav and failsound.wav files o.o
I find the grey combo colour to blend with the dark parts of the background.
I like the hitsounds quite a lot, except for the finish that I find too loud (and agressive) for such a calm song. (sweet song btw)

Easy
00:28:715 (1) - For this slider, and all the sliders like it, the sliderwhistle sounds really out of place imo.
00:35:985 (1) - Same.
01:30:515 (1) - Same.
01:37:786 (1) - Same.

Normal
Same comment about the sliders as in Easy. Also, I'd rather you used the same circle size as in Easy, for such little circles might be a bit hard to hit on a Normal diff. Also, some streams are rather long, I think it'd be better to cut them. (I think you can leave them as they are if you change the circle size)

Hard
Seems fine. Not a big fan of these jumps, but they play fine.

Do you think you could get me the piano sheet ? °° Very sweet song.
Topic Starter
FireballFlame

Odaril wrote:

Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what you did) and why. Remember these are all suggestions.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game :)

General
It's the first time I've seen someone "skin" the applause.wav and failsound.wav files o.o I've seen it in other maps before. This one has a skinned applause for example (although mine are just silenced).
I find the grey combo colour to blend with the dark parts of the background. You mean the brown one? Okay, I made it a bit brighter.
I like the hitsounds quite a lot, except for the finish that I find too loud (and agressive) for such a calm song. (sweet song btw) You are the first one who mentions that and I think it sounds good... so I'm not gonna change it for now.

Easy
00:28:715 (1) - For this slider, and all the sliders like it, the sliderwhistle sounds really out of place imo. You don't like sliderwhistles, do you?^^' I think it fits very well in those places, as these notes belong closely together and there is no sliderslide sound otherwise.
00:35:985 (1) - Same.
01:30:515 (1) - Same.
01:37:786 (1) - Same.

Normal
Same comment about the sliders as in Easy. Also, I'd rather you used the same circle size as in Easy, for such little circles might be a bit hard to hit on a Normal diff. Also, some streams are rather long, I think it'd be better to cut them. (I think you can leave them as they are if you change the circle size) I liked having a different circle size for each diff (4,5,6) and if I reduce them on every diff, the whole thing would get too easy (everything is quite slow, after all). But more importantly, it would make some combos look less nice (overlaps at 01:31:424 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2) or 01:58:234 (3,4,5)) and I like those patterns, so I don't really want to change it. About the "streams", well it's because this is a very calm and steady piece. The only good alternatives I can think of are leaving out some notes/changing them to sliders, or making jumps; those were used in Easy and Hard respectively, so I don't think much can be changed here.

Hard
Seems fine. Not a big fan of these jumps, but they play fine.

Do you think you could get me the piano sheet ? °° Very sweet song. Here :)
Doomsday
Checked out the timing, and after a bit of discussion, me and FireballFlame settled on this:

BPM: 66.013, Offset: 84

~
jericho2442
small irc mod on Hard diff

1. fixed 4 out of time notes
  2. respaced 2 patterns to make more sense

aaaaan now everything looks great, enjoy your floaty thing o/
Gens
Yep. Love the echo effect idea. Pretty nice.
Topic Starter
FireballFlame
Yayyyy :)
Tenshi-nyan
AHHHH

Fuck me, this finally got ranked.

Big gratz!
those
isml LOL (:

I can play it on piano P:
Shiro
those, I'm interested in having the sheet.

Also, finally ranked <3
Selee
Congratz!~
Finally...

Great hitsounds/music
senaya
oh you! you made me remember this, you made me sad =(
well done.
Suzully
Ohhhh Planetarian!!
I have played this game so I love this song!

Congrats~! :)
You are KEY mapper? :D
Topic Starter
FireballFlame
Thanks!

Suzully: Not only, I map many other things too. But I love their music :)
Kurowolfe
Wow, it's been a long time since I've heard a good piano piece, and this just blows me away.
Gratz~
Really love the echo effect and the sound of the spinner. How'd you do that?

P/S: If you've noticed, in Taiko mod, even peppydon's (I don't know her real name orz) voice in combos are echoing. Just wow.
IkkiMinami
Good
IkkiMinami
:)
owen89_old
yumen :(
MoonShade
gw zum Rank ^^
colepull
8-) :x :x :oops: :oops: :oops: [color=#808000]

owen89 wrote:

yumen :(