forum

Universal Offset Wizard.

posted
Total Posts
show more
caldozza
hey I tried using full Tablet's method but I am a little confused. I set it to +50 on the offset wizard and I got ( -32.67 + 61.22) and a unstable rate of 484.86 . I don't know if I am just bad or if I have don't it wrong but could someone help please
Full Tablet

Caldozza wrote:

hey I tried using full Tablet's method but I am a little confused. I set it to +50 on the offset wizard and I got ( -32.67 + 61.22) and a unstable rate of 484.86 . I don't know if I am just bad or if I have don't it wrong but could someone help please
Your unstable rate is too high (if you used 120 circles, your estimated error in estimating the UO is 11,6ms, which is too high), so you can't make a precise measurement with the method I described. Once you get better at the game the method is more accurate.
Also, when clicking the circles, it is important that you sense if you messed up in timing. If you notice you messed up, it's better to retry (that's the reason in practice it's hard to do the test with more circles, giving theoretically more accurate results from the same UO, since it would require a lot of concentration)
caldozza
ok thanks
RaneFire

Full Tablet wrote:

Once you get better at the game the method is more accurate.
Pretty much what I discovered. Today was the first time I SS'd the offset wizard default map with my eyes closed, let alone have a useable unstable rate. I have about 20 "95% & under" ranks on there from previous attempts.
Dexus
I would like to say I've come up with a better solution which can be applied to the Universal Offset as well. t/177770
Lei-Chan_old
Started off with 50 UO and played the map (29 clicks version) and got Avarage Hit Error -2,00ms ~ +37,61ms.
My Unstable rate i got in that map was 186.69.
Does that mean that my UO is +12 and my error is 9.58?
Full Tablet

Lei-Chan wrote:

Started off with 50 UO and played the map (29 clicks version) and got Avarage Hit Error -2,00ms ~ +37,61ms.
My Unstable rate i got in that map was 186.69.
Does that mean that my UO is +12 and my error is 9.58?
You got some hits on the left side of the hit error bar (-2ms average early hits, should be 0), so you should ditch that result (your pressing wasn't precise enough to get good results). In general, 186.69 Unstable Rate is too high of a value to get a reliable result with the method (using a longer version of the map might help).

When playing the map, it is important that you feel the hitsounds match with the metronome of the song properly, if you notice you messed up, you should try again.

A method that doesn't require to press with precision is the one described here: t/177770
It is not possible to get a perfect Universal Offset, since the method the game uses to play hitsounds might make them sound randomly up to 10ms later than they should. Try the previous method with a map you know is well timed with a BPM such as BPM/6*10 is not a whole number (For example, 120 is not OK, while 130BPM is ok), and average several results using notes in white ticks.
Mikaela Hyakuya
How do i change the beatmap to have 120 beats?
Soneyy

zLight07 wrote:

Audacity to make it twice as long + export as audio + replace the offsetfinder.mp3 file in the 4659 folder with the one you exported, make sure the name is the same. After that edit the beatmap, Ctrl-A and paste it until there are 120 beats timed the same (1 space inbetween). gl
Bengon
Wow this really worked. Before changing UO and when I used the hit error when I played songs my hits were spread out even when I got 100%, but now it's much closer together than before.
Danger Pope

Soneyy wrote:

zLight07 wrote:

Audacity to make it twice as long + export as audio + replace the offsetfinder.mp3 file in the 4659 folder with the one you exported, make sure the name is the same. After that edit the beatmap, Ctrl-A and paste it until there are 120 beats timed the same (1 space inbetween). gl
I know its really late but I get the notes being outside of the map ;-; help plox
bigfeh
Please don't necropost. Check the freaking date of the OP before you reply, how about that?
rama abadilla
Help my UO is broken i really like to do DOUBLE TICK but it always go to normal sync
:shock:
Dexus

rama abadilla wrote:

Help my UO is broken i really like to do DOUBLE TICK but it always go to normal sync
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Universal_Offse ... sal_Offset
E m i

Dexus wrote:

rama abadilla wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Universal_Offse ... sal_Offset
omg it's
tekofficial
im gonna necro this simply cus i have a simple solution, enable fps counter. it tells you the offset, then just change UO accordingly, also avoid vsync. it delays by 20ms, for me at least, which is extremely noticeable. unlimited fps makes it 2ms so i dont even need to use offset.
E m i
quite literally fuck off as that is not related to any aspect of universal offset's existence
Hiro-Senpai

tekofficial wrote:

im gonna necro this simply cus i have a simple solution, enable fps counter. it tells you the offset, then just change UO accordingly, also avoid vsync. it delays by 20ms, for me at least, which is extremely noticeable. unlimited fps makes it 2ms so i dont even need to use offset.
When you try to necropost but you fail miserably.
Bruh you got rekt
Ellestice

phoenny wrote:

I always had offset at 0 cuz i didnt know how to setup it properly so..

It sounds right when i make the UO same as the beatmap.

Like its setted up perfectly already.. should i make my offset to -6 then? It was 0. before. q.q
my offset wont change to 0 its stuck at either 2ms or -5ms becuz if i move it in the slightest it goes to either one of those but i want it at 0 ms plz help
KoreanAmerican
I legit have -300ms, so I guess I should change it? :P :?
Endaris
If you legit have 300ms I would suspect you to run osu! on GNU/Linux.
If that is the case, check here instead: t/367783