Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Frostium

Monstrata wrote:

Detached

Unused hitsounds:
normal-hitclap2.wav

01:00:688 (3,4,5) - Use a 1/2 repeat instead? the circle on the red tick is a lot weaker than the other two. Oh, I forgot I was listening to the hitsounds... I did a 1/2 slider + circle instead, if thats fine. (Sorry to the mod above you!)
01:08:964 (1) - Changing NC here isn't necessary, the color actually causes the stream to look rather weird. Yeah, removed NC.
01:31:722 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1) - This is very good. But you overuse counterclockwise rotation and this type of pattern causes mouse drift really quickly. For 01:34:481 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Set it up something like this: so the movement is right-ward instead of leftward to balance the movement. Fixed all.
02:32:067 (1) - Move it up like this: gives a better rotation and flow to it. I think having it above 5 also makes it more satisfying to land. Okay.
02:40:343 (6) - Ctrl+Ging flows a lot better. Gives it that nice inward flow into slider 1 and helps set up the rotational movement on the next combo a lot better. Yup.
02:51:895 (2,2,2) - Was this intentional? they aren't stacked perfectly (Though doing manual stacks is a good idea too, you could consider exploring it since you did all stacks in the first half of the map.) They should be good now, I think? I also added some manual stacks elsewhere, like at the end of the map.

Slow sliders for the third chorus are really smart. Good way to map the change in intensity of the map without compromising spacing and emphasis.

[]

Impressive considering you don't have any ranked maps yet. :D Not going to be zero for long though, call me back when you've replied! Also if you have metadata for the song, please link it to me. (I can source it if you don't have one though). I don't know how to get correct metadata, but everywhere you look it's always "Feint - Fall Away" (Youtube, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport - Also Feint uploaded this song to his channel, if you check the links to the song in the description the song names all match) so I think metadata is accurate right now.
Also adjusted the end and the small kiai, so -0.11 SR. Different MP3 as well. (Hopefully the adjustments are okay!)
Thanks a lot for the mod and the star!
CookieBite
did you adjust the timing after you changed your mp3? the timing seems completely off here
Topic Starter
Frostium

CookieBite wrote:

did you adjust the timing after you changed your mp3? the timing seems completely off here
fuck, fixed, thank you!!
Monstrata

Metadata looks good.

Alright, here's your bubble!
Strategas
hi

if you need a bn for this, get rid of default normal sample whistles in 00:36:606 (1) - to 00:58:675 (1) - section and I'll qualify, you can add custom hitsound for them or just use soft additions
Topic Starter
Frostium

Monstrata wrote:

Metadata looks good.

Alright, here's your bubble!
<3 thank you!

Strategas wrote:

hi

if you need a bn for this, get rid of default normal sample whistles in 00:36:606 (1) - to 00:58:675 (1) - section and I'll qualify, you can add custom hitsound for them or just use soft additions
I didn't realize this was bubbled and I was going over the hitsounds and I fixed this already. thank you!
Strategas
forgot to remove whistles from slider bodies too 00:47:640 (1) - 00:50:399 (1) - 00:53:158 (1) - 00:55:916 (1) -

might aswell polish 03:16:606 (1) - to look more like 04:33:844 (1) -
Topic Starter
Frostium

Strategas wrote:

forgot to remove whistles from slider bodies too 00:47:640 (1) - 00:50:399 (1) - 00:53:158 (1) - 00:55:916 (1) -

might aswell polish 03:16:606 (1) - to look more like 04:33:844 (1) -
all good
i really need to use default skin
Strategas
grats
Topic Starter
Frostium
thank you!!!!!!
Kujinn
Grats!
Pachiru
Wow nice! Great song, congratz man :)
Marr
Congrats! :P
Mir
01:10:227 (3) - Ignoring the blue tick drum here and for most of the first kiai 01:12:985 (3) - 01:15:744 (3) - 01:18:503 (3) - and then not ignoring it for some 01:11:434 (2,3,4) - 01:14:192 (2,3,4) - but then having triples 02:27:468 (2,3,4) - for the second kiai where there were sliders earlier and then putting in 02:39:882 (3,4) - these doubles which were never used before? 02:42:640 (3,4) - they're very unexpected especially considering they weren't introduced in the previous kiai. I feel like these blue tick drums you ignore should be either consistently ignored (please no) or consistently mapped like the second kiai but atm it feels really inconsistent.

Also the jump sections seem very plain in terms of concepts, just back-and-forth for so long without even any rotation gets tedious to play after a while imo, so maybe you can take that into consideration as well?
Topic Starter
Frostium
Just wanna say the variation concept is a bit of a different, but still acceptable rhythm, every half of the kiai.

Mir wrote:

01:10:227 (3) - Ignoring the blue tick drum here and for most of the first kiai 01:12:985 (3) - 01:15:744 (3) - 01:18:503 (3) - and then not ignoring it for some 01:11:434 (2,3,4) - 01:14:192 (2,3,4) - 01:09:709 to 01:11:089 - Well first, I didn't even hear the blue tick drum for quite a while. Back to the point, this is pretty melodic, pretty much just following the melody here. 01:11:089 to 01:12:468 - I can hear a new low pitched sound in the background come in, that just happens to follow the drums. I can definitely hear it. Also, it sounds off to map the blue tick, and it sounds off to not map the background thing.

but then having triples 02:27:468 (2,3,4) - for the second kiai where there were sliders earlier - I can hear 1/4, or at least a faint 1/4, or some fluctuating sound. These sounds are not the same in the first kiai.

and then putting in 02:39:882 (3,4) - these doubles which were never used before? 02:42:640 (3,4) - they're very unexpected especially considering they weren't introduced in the previous kiai. It is fine if you think this is unexpected. But to me, you don't lose any finger control, this is easily readable because we know already that thats how 1/4 sliders look like, this prevents awkward 3/4 timing, this isn't hard, etc. I think if this was actually unexpected, then I believe that more than one person would have pointed it out (and that other person based their reasons by saying it was more difficult than triples, which I don't think is true since this type of double lasts just as long as a triple and therefore no finger control is lost. Also, regular doubles were introduced before.)

Also, like I said at the beginning, rhythm changes a bit every half of a kiai. The fact that the second kiai is just melody + drums, and not like the first kiai which is melody + drums + bass (is that the word? idk, some other instrument not present in the second kiai) makes me want to follow the drums for the second half. And to prevent awkwardness, stuff like this is used.

I feel like these blue tick drums you ignore should be either consistently ignored (please no) or consistently mapped like the second kiai but atm it feels really inconsistent. Both choruses are different. However if I actually have to do this then I will definitely not ignore blue tick lol

Also the jump sections seem very plain in terms of concepts, just back-and-forth for so long without even any rotation gets tedious to play after a while imo, so maybe you can take that into consideration as well? I understand you and I definitely see where you are coming from, it is just back and forth circles after all. But is there any other concept that is not just as plain? You could say adding sliders in the 7th and 8th beats (01:33:847 -, 01:34:192 -, and other instances) would be better. I do think this would make this section easier, but is it a better concept? I don't think so. Following the drumbeat in the background isn't much better than following the melody. Following the melody and the drumbeat using the current variation concept, would be just strange. Combining both drums and melody are ok, but the point is, I don't believe there is a rhythm with a "better concept". Also this is a major map concept.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by no rotation, but I think you mean that you are saying that the second pattern's rotation isn't really following the first (as in, 1st pattern: clockwise, 2nd pattern: counter-clockwise). I play this map and I don't really feel this issue. This also 100% prevents mouse drift too. Of course, adding rotation is acceptable, but I believe both are acceptable.
Appreciate your concerns, but here are my explanations. If you have any more doubts, please reply and I will try to clarify my intentions as best as I can.
Mir

Icebolt wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by no rotation, but I think you mean that you are saying that the second pattern's rotation isn't really following the first (as in, 1st pattern: clockwise, 2nd pattern: counter-clockwise). I play this map and I don't really feel this issue. This also 100% prevents mouse drift too. Of course, adding rotation is acceptable, but I believe both are acceptable.[/color]
I was more talking about each iteration but you're happy with the map then you do you I suppose. Grats on qualified!
Topic Starter
Frostium

Mir wrote:

Icebolt wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by no rotation, but I think you mean that you are saying that the second pattern's rotation isn't really following the first (as in, 1st pattern: clockwise, 2nd pattern: counter-clockwise). I play this map and I don't really feel this issue. This also 100% prevents mouse drift too. Of course, adding rotation is acceptable, but I believe both are acceptable.[/color]
I was more talking about each iteration but you're happy with the map then you do you I suppose. Grats on qualified!
Thank you!!!
Again, most of your points are perfectly acceptable, I'm just giving the reasons for why the map is this way :)
Topic Starter
Frostium

Kujinn wrote:

Grats!

Pachiru wrote:

Wow nice! Great song, congratz man :)

[ auro ] wrote:

Congrats! :P
thanks guys :)
Topic Starter
Frostium
RANKED!! Thanks everyone!!!