forum

One month later: where are we now? [ANALYSIS]

posted
Total Posts
show more
DaddyCoolVipper
You're wrong about thread longevity after the rule change. "Megathreads lasting several pages"- no, that's what normal threads are supposed to be. Places for discussion instead of 1 or 2 pages of you and your friends shitpost-circlejerking with no meaningful content.

I just feel like that group doesn't understand what forums are actually like at all.
Tae

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I just feel like that group doesn't understand what forums are actually like at all.
They don't, which is why they feel this shit is acceptable in the first place.
DJ Enetro

Serraionga wrote:

I almost always posted here to have fun for myself in the first place, never had any change of mindset or something of the sort.
Well you seem to be a guy we all like and have no problem with (mostly I think.) "Nos gusta tu" as you would say.

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

Some of you guys just love to start drama and make things seem more dramatic than it is :c
Hmm. Good point. Then again it goes back to different interpretations of common sense, as sometimes points are not expressed clearly enough to drive points home. You can't make everyone change to your view either, for that matter

Hyerim wrote:

People can always create threads which abides with the new set of rules but what happened? "ahhhhh, I won't post threads from now on until these new rules are lifted" right?
Disagree, people just maximized their posting imo, but then again Canadian Baka and others have lessened their thread-creating at least. Also Hyerim consider if they kept going and whether they would be exiled or not.

Hyerim wrote:

Are these threads interesting? if not then why would people bother? is this thread worth a reply?
Ofc they aren't interesting to me, but that's why they make good spam trash bins. Similar to the ctrl+v dump in FG.

abraker wrote:

Shitposts will always be part of OT
Hmm... idk really. Who created the first shitpost on OT?

Tae wrote:

There's no fixing this.
Now, I know this will seem like a satire...
but then again, you haven't tried hard enough. Or maybe you are just too lazy to bring about a change...? Imo Taiga does a better job of fixing up forums than you do. No offense. If you take serious umbridge to my reply, well, happens. :|

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

You're wrong about thread longevity after the rule change. "Megathreads lasting several pages"- no, that's what normal threads are supposed to be. Places for discussion instead of 1 or 2 pages of you and your friends shitpost-circlejerking with no meaningful content.

Tae wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

They don't, which is why they feel this shit is acceptable in the first place.
What would normality be for you two, 3-7 pages, 15 posts/page? Remember this is not the same as other forums you may have visited. Also, not everyone wants to go on osu! every day... Also you can't assume that threads that short are bad, just because there is no discussion. Even chatting could be a discussion, like Allmynamestaken's "The Last Poster Wins" thread.

But it all comes back to perspective and whether people are willing to LISTEN and CONSIDER.
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

Tae wrote:

There's no fixing this.
Now, I know this will seem like a satire...
but then again, you haven't tried hard enough. Or maybe you are just too lazy to bring about a change...? Imo Taiga does a better job of fixing up forums than you do. No offense. If you take serious umbridge to my reply, well, happens. :|
Don't you fucking dare say I haven't tried enough or that I'm lazy. The vast majority of the changes to OT were suggested by me from the start. I was attacked by your group then, and I'm being attacked by your group now. Why the FUCK would I bother doing anything when I'm just going to get attacked for it, which your friends enjoy doing.

Fucking educate yourself.

DJ Enetro wrote:

What would normality be for you two, 3-7 pages, 15 posts/page? Remember this is not the same as other forums you may have visited. Also, not everyone wants to go on osu! every day... Also you can't assume that threads that short are bad, just because there is no discussion. Even chatting could be a discussion, like Allmynamestaken's "The Last Poster Wins" thread.

But it all comes back to perspective and whether people are willing to LISTEN and CONSIDER.
That is not the point. A certain degree of respect is expected in all subforums, which for some reason isn't present here. None of you fucks care about the moderators who do this shit in their own time. Literally, it is so fucking selfish of you all.

Aaaand your example belongs in Forum Games, so nice job there.
DJ Enetro
There is a fine line between constructive criticism and purely unneeded bashing. I have not crossed it yet, hopefully I don't.

Tae wrote:

Why the FUCK would I bother doing anything when I'm just going to get attacked for it, which your friends enjoy doing.

johnmedina999 wrote:

It can't be that Flanster is worse as a mod than Stefan, because he has more mod kills than him. The amount of mod kills also implies that he has put up with a lot more shit
And that toleration is something that up until now I can safely admit that I haven't realized until now, so I will respect him for that, at least. (Maybe I was too taken up by shitposting to even realize back then)

Tae wrote:

Fucking educate yourself.
But I am. *smh*
Not just in school but also how you all see what "common sense" is, and why it would make sense.

Tae wrote:

That is not the point. A certain degree of respect is expected in all subforums, which for some reason isn't present here. None of you fucks care about the moderators who do this shit in their own time. Literally, it is so fucking selfish of you all.
Key word being *expected*. But ofc it doesn't happen, which is the reason why mods are here in the first place.

Tae wrote:

Aaaand your example belongs in Forum Games, so nice job there.
Never said it wasn't.

Lastly, going back to what I said to john about mods:
This whole thing was about me not reading the cues, that I should stop making shit threads. (Continually locked by mods)

I'll admit it.
If you expect me to respect mods for their work and post only threads that are meant for lengthy discussion than I will honestly refuse.
DaddyCoolVipper
Put it like this- forums are a social environment, like many places. If you're socially inept and/or disrespectful then you're making things worse for everyone. That's why a level of respect is expected- it means people can actually have meaningful discussion.

If you really can't tolerate that, that's on you. Don't expect your idiocy to be accepted or become the norm- a lack of fundamental respect is what makes communities go to complete shit, nothing more, I think.

Not sure why you think OT is particularly different to other forums, also.
Zekks
Enetro, your way of finding what anyone says that's slightly directed towards you and literally being like, "NOPE! Sorry sweaty pie! That is nooooOoooooOt correct! Make sure you have your ear holes WIIIIIIIIDE open!!1!" (you get the point) You don't always have to react to everything, and I know it's your character, but just chill out, no need to cause a scene c: I usually don't get involved in things like this because it makes me uncomfortable, but I hope you get my point
DJ Enetro
new page, actually nope. I typed so long that Zekks beat me to it by a minute anyways to the point

I'd expect you to actually behave like a decent human being, and not gang up on newcomers/those you disagree with. That is all your "community" does.
You're all fucking toxic, you deserve one another.

Maybe this is why I choose to leave?

Oh yeah, none of you like my serious posting either, so this'll just be ignored like everything else I say. :))
Evidence:
  1. Kas Eestlased veel mänigvad ikka osut?
  2. <deleted>
  3. My stylus broke
There's overwhelming evidence of this. At least on the ganging up on newcomers.
For that, I'm sorry for yelling at them, because it made them feel misplaced and, well, like they received a punch to the chest.

*not gang up on those that you disagree with* - I'll admit that I am one of the biggest perpetrators of this.
I guess that can be interpreted as bashing? I'll stop here for now
Tae
You'll stop?
Finally.

Now if only your friends would be as considerate.

---

Way to completely ignore half of what I said though.
DJ Enetro
Reminds me of what some of my teachers try to say - "don't dominate the conversation"
Rip rip rip
abraker

DJ Enetro wrote:

abraker wrote:

Shitposts will always be part of OT
Hmm... idk really. Who created the first shitpost on OT?
Look back into OT's history, it was like this since the beginning. It's littered with memes and meta and absolute trash within.
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
OMG PLEASE

I was just writing what was on my mind at the time, I didn't expect this thread to explode! I went to sleep and I never could have guessed what would happen next. I am sorry for this thread, and apologize to everyone who read or posted in this thread. It contributes nothing to the forum and it's painful reading through these replies because I know I'm wrong and don't deserve even posting rights because every time I do something it becomes explosive. You all should have just left this thread to die and ignored it because I believe we would all be better off without it. Or better yet, I shouldn't have made the thread Ingham first place. I am sincerely sorry to anyone that got hurt or got mad at this thread. Even though I think you are totally justified to be so, I apologize to everyone that hates me now, I think that's perfectly fine because of how stupid I am. Sorry if you went through the trouble of reading this thread.
abraker
That said, there are three things to do now. Derail, let it die, or keep throwing shit at DJ Enetro. Tough choice, hmmmm..
DJ Enetro
Well I'm not angry one bit... its you guys who piss yourselves off.
DaddyCoolVipper
Whoa John wth, this is just a normal thread. No need to beat yourself up over it
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

Well I'm not angry one bit... its you guys who piss yourselves off.
And of course you're completely innocent once again.
Endaris
too long; didn't read
Rurree
lol
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
Every time there is a new reply in this thread it hurts me inside. Can we just let it die? Thanks.
Endaris
hi i'm poppy
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

Every time there is a new reply in this thread it hurts me inside. Can we just let it die? Thanks.
How badly do you want to delete this now? lol