worst fl player
memory is unbreakable xd
meii69

timemon wrote:

Minamoto-kun wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/795810
this map not gives agility now, fix pls
make sure your combos are high enough.
no lol. on old version i have this top score agility on 610 points. now i not have it
abraker

Minamoto-kun wrote:

no lol. on old version i have this top score agility on 610 points. now i not have it
Because old version was looking at accuracy. The new version is looking at combo.
Topic Starter
Kert

abraker wrote:

Minamoto-kun wrote:

Because old version was looking at accuracy misses. The new version is looking at combo combo and misses.
Fixed for you
MOONBOUND
This is awesome! Great work!
Hopefully this will be developed to the point where one may be able to get training sets from the site, in order to improve areas of their skill. But that might be a sub section of this, and it is already useful enough to see areas needing to be improved.
abraker

Kert wrote:

abraker wrote:

Because old version was looking at accuracy misses. The new version is looking at combo combo and misses.
Fixed for you
oh woops thanks. Idk why I keep remembering acc.

Rtyuii wrote:

Hopefully this will be developed to the point where one may be able to get training sets from the site, in order to improve areas of their skill.
You kinda can already? It's not perfect, but maps for top scores do highlight the area of skill it is under. If you are looking for something like practice only precision, or only agility, then unfortunately most ranked maps wont give you much since they are made to be as balanced as possible. Some older ranked maps may have the stuff you are looking for, but you might want to look into unranked stuff if you are looking for pure, non mixed skillsets.
Toy
boy i sure am good at this

fieryrage

please acftually never fix this im literally dying
Yuudachi-kun
The solution is to see if you can replicate many more scores near that value rather than just fucking complaining that it's so much higher than your 2nd.

e: ok 3000 what the hell
abraker

[Toy] wrote:

boy i sure am good at this

I did not have Monstrata's map when I made this shit

┐('~`;)┌

fieryrage wrote:

please acftually never fix this im literally dying
Oh my...
fieryrage
literally this map is the most broken thing since cillit bang and im fucking LOVING IT
Toy
cillit bang isn't as broken as luv-lab-poison 789 stam lets go
XII
cillitbang broken??

have you met loudness war https://osu.ppy.sh/b/93836
unko
go fc twister
Stoof
hi

my friendo toke's userpage is infinitely updating

pls fix http://osuskills.tk/user/Toke
Kao

Stoof wrote:

hi

my friendo toke's userpage is infinitely updating

pls fix http://osuskills.tk/user/Toke
It's done updating
gracefu
Does the site check the recently played beatmaps that are found in Historical when you refresh the page?
InfinityPotato
snyviper

Try This doesn't require that much stamina, i'm pretty sure (this is my page btw)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/675330
abraker

gracefu wrote:

Does the site check the recently played beatmaps that are found in Historical when you refresh the page?
No, iirc because there is no guarantee that it will be a top play.
Scarlet Evans
Scarlet Evans
Sorry for double post, but I think that I've just got quite a nice idea. Nothing important or urgent, but I think it could be a nice thing to intensify competition between players and make exploring all the rankings much more interesting :)

What do you think about adding an ability to browse rankings, filtered by players' titles?

For example, we could check a ranking of stamina for only Berserks, to check which berserk in stamina ranking a given player is.
We could browse Precision ranking for Sages only, to see who's the best Sage out there and who in the line a given player is. Or some other skill primary (or not) for an other class (kind of title). ;)

Or even you could allow to mix them, which would be the best! There could be a dropdown menu, that would allow us to select/unselect which titles (or no title) we would want to filter ranking with, like excluding some "balanced" titles or going only through them. Simply, browsing a ranking for a chosen skill, filtered by any titles combination we would want to see. Could be used to any of the 8 (including non-introduced yet reading) skills.

What do you think about it? Aside of implementing it etc., allowing to just filter the results shouldn't be too demanding/resource taking? Please, tell me that you like the idea :)
snyviper
About overrated and underrated skills... I made a graph to have an idea of which skills are actually overrated and underrated when compared to the other ones. I compared the ranking and the actual value of the skill, I think this thing may help you tweak the values.

I tried to make the graph screenshot as big as possible, and I tried to make the "Mean" become a straight line, so... yeah, hope this helps you o/
abraker

snyviper wrote:

Interesting stuff, though you should lable the axis. I will have to check why accuracy is so underrated, but they generally look pretty ok to me. The resultant curves are almost linear and there is some variance between the skills, which is expected. Tenacity and reaction seem to level off at the end, which might indicate a wall in genaral human ability. That might need to be tweeked, not sure. Agilty is suprisingly linear, but looks a bit steep imo.

The overall skills are more or less balanced due to how they are calculated. A single high score like on Monstrata's map is not going to influence the overall skill too much even if it's your highest. I think if we look at the top score of each skill, then we will find some weird things.
snyviper
Stamina vs Tenacity is fun though xD
I think if you multiplied both final agility and reaction value by something like 0.9 or 0.95, it would be a good temporary fix, and agility wouldn't stop being linear
Edit: oh, and Memory seems to be very underrated.... maybe multiply it by 1.2?
B1rd
Reaction and high AR reading are completely different to sight reading. Sight reading is playing maps for the first time, not reading high AR maps. And reading high AR maps at the edge of your ability are done by memory and a lot of repetition, the opposite of sight reading, so...
gracefu

Weird thing with the Memory score: This is my worst FL play and yet it gave me the most Memory score. I basically thought it might be fun if I just forced myself into the 200 combo range basically sightreading (I'm a new FL player, 3 5 tries is NOWHERE near enough to memorise the map!) and then this happened.

https://puu.sh/qAQ32/82cecaf4c9.osr here is the replay
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/743036 here is the map

Edit: got an even better score by pure luck.

Note that the circles play has been taking me 100+ retries to try and do, and it got so much less. x.x
Jukkii
FL is pretty much broken and is not reliable in any way
Scarlet Evans
What is required for a map, to give exactly zero memory points? For example this 2.76* (with mods) map +HD,HR,DT,FL SS (and top 25 on map =)) doesn't even appear on my Memory page, even after manual input:

Kajiura Yuki - Sis puella magica![Normal]

So I suppose that it's zero points then? For me, there are much easier to sight read-maps for me that grant Memory Points and personally, I remember that the two bursts of the three circles each, at the end of the song above, were confusing me and I needed to remember that these are bursts at the beginning, as I was only seeing beginning note and the rest was starting to fade out quickly, not giving me much time for reaction and reading it.
No problems with that now, but I think that there are songs much easier to sight-read and remembering certain details about bursts and sliders on map above makes it much easier to complete/FC/SS.

What results with this not getting even single point?
abraker

Scarlet Evans wrote:

What results with this not getting even single point?
Even if it gives you little time to sightread due to quick fade out, according to the algorithm, if the note is visible, then it doesn't count. The memory skill heavily underrates FL+HD plays due to that kind of thing iirc. It gets even more underrated if you throw in the EZ or HR mod depending if the AR is on either extreme imo.
snyviper
Hey,
I've been talking to someone about spinners, and I found out it's possible to calculate spin speed on maps by checking the score, but only for SS plays (https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Score). Most players who want to compete with other players on spinning play easy maps, SS them, and try to spin as fast as they can. Idk if it's possible to calculate spin speed from non-SS plays, as checking every replay is out of question. (if it's actually possible to calculate spin bonus points without an SS, please tell me)

I would really love to see a spin speed skill on this project, because I love spinners (no shame!), but I also understand this would work only for a certain group of players who have SS'd some maps with spinners, and even though most good scores on spinners are found on those easy maps I mentioned, idk if it would work. So, if anyone has any idea of how to widen the range of plays in which would be possible to calculate the spin speed, please let me know

I'm not too confident on this suggestion, as I know how many people hate spinners and/or think they're not important, so for those, it's just an idea I want this forum to keep track of, as I do think it's important for osu!skills to have a spin skill, but not as restrict as this idea.
meii69
not all map and scores submitted. check pls
snyviper

Minamoto-kun wrote:

not all map and scores submitted. i am fc 10 map only for osu!skills(yes,stell to friend's score) and submitted only 4. i am do not know why. check pls
Did you try adding them manually?
I had a similar issue, but only for tenacity. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/791322 this beatmap, I think it's not possible for this map give me no tenacity points, it's not even on the bottom of the list, because it's completely streamy. It gave me stamina and accuracy points though.
Scarlet Evans

Minamoto-kun wrote:

not all map and scores submitted. i am fc 10 map only for osu!skills(yes,stell to friend's score) and submitted only 4. i am do not know why. check pls
Sometimes there is a delay, I think that I mostly had them, while improving a score, but if your score safely landed into top #1000 on map or is one of your the top PP scores, then sooner or later it should be added. :)

I don't know how exactly it works (how the osu!skills gets non-top score), but it looks like you can also add manually other scores, even the ones being far away from being top at anything. I like to often add different the scores manually. It's not much of work, but it can often actually give a much better view on your skills and their state. Also, it's quite fun to watch how your skill rating rises after ;) yeah...I'm a dirty skill farmer xD
fieryrage
ok so can you like explain why precision is the most broken thing known to mankind
Scarlet Evans
I wonder how much the general difficulty of the map and BPM / notes density and other stuff actually matter, when if goes to Precision. Indeed, CS seems to often prevail, but even within the same CS, some "strange" things are happening. Let's take a look at few WubWoofWolf's Precision scores:
http://puu.sh/qRrvl/3bf3e09132.png

YUI - CHE.R.RY [GUM] song is 5.2 stars with mods and have the same CS (CS6+HR=CS7.8) like AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (Kharl) [Pasonia's Insane], which is 7.67 stars. WubWoofWolf even played the second one better, but it still gives less Precision that YUI's song. Any idea why?
The same with all WWW's Precision scores higher than Sakura! They all are CS6 and they are something that players could consider "easier", but then still grant more points. (+HR everywhere ofc., which makes these all scores I am talking about be CS7.8)

What exactly makes these scores be worth much more than 7.67* "not so easy" Sakura Kagetsu?
show more