forum

Panda Eyes & Teminite - Immortal Flame (feat. Anna Yvette)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Underforest

PeterEU wrote:

i made easy diff http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hmdq ... asy%5D.osu
Just Try, You can modify :3
wtf man xD
this is already ranked and enoughs gds are done
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah
LOL
Frim4503
still waiting for this
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/787717
Alheak
Sorry I stumble upon this set this late into the qualification process but there are some things I definitely don't agree with, which I think need revision:

Everlasting Memory

1. The map, especially the first two thirds, look particularly bad. You used to map some really nicer things back then, Highscore looked good, this on the other hand feels quite cheap to be honest:
    00:25:091 (2,3) - , 00:48:000 (1,2,3) - and on, overly curved short sliders like 00:52:773 (2,3) - , rushed squares like 01:23:454 (1,2,3,4) -
    The list could go on, but I know what you're capable of and that you're more than capable of applying yourself.
  2. The rhythm choices on most parts is really suspicious:
    01:23:454 (1,2,3,4) - why ending your slider on such a powerful note? It'd play much better clicked on. This applies to the whole section
    01:30:818 (1) - why is it not two circles like the previous patterns? it's the same sound, it feels really awkward to suddenly play a slider instead
    Whole kiai as well, some note get a special 1/1 slider for no reason, some others get screen length 1/4 jumps
    03:16:364 - why is this whole part so calm when it's basically still the chorus?
  3. The flow as well is mostly bad, most of the objects just feel randomly placed across the map without real intent, like the whole section after 01:31:636 -
    You often make the cursor stop at awkward moment, like 01:23:864 (4,5) - the previous part was a jump shitfest then you decide here to not only change the rhythm^, but stop the cursor. This would actually be okay if you made the player click on 01:24:000 - since you'd then be landing on a downbeat
    01:32:318 (4,1) - this as well doesn't totally work, you want to stop the cursor but the next slider begins a bit more farther away, which makes the player continue to move the cursor. This ends up feeling more like a slow than a stop, which I don't think is adequate here
  4. NCs are a real mess as well, like 01:31:091 (1) - just why? You also don't need to NC every damn jump patterns, unless you really wanna make them stand out. NCs are a more than aesthetics, they are gameplay elements and reading clues
  5. Unlike Highscore, the hitsounding gimmick just doesn't quite work here, and sounds more forced than anything
  6. 02:06:545 - why isn't this part kiai? Moreover, this part has some serious spacing issues, most of the patterns don't work or at least not with the spacing they have, like 02:07:091 (1,2,3,4) - that kind of pattern
    To be honest the whole map feels terribly unbalanced spacing wise, some very energetic sections like^ feel really underwhelming, whereas some calmer ones are a total jump shitfest like 00:56:727 -
  7. 03:51:273 - More personnal, but this section feels like it has some serious gameplay potential with those back-and-forth sounds, but nothing is made out of it

In short, the map feels unstructured, cheap, awkward, rushed and I honestly think that if you weren't Fort, this set would never have even got a bubble.

It's a bit late here, plus I am posting from my laptop which makes modding not easy at all, so I am not really able to go deeply into the details.
I hope it'll be enough to make people reconsider this qualification.
Aleycks
Why are some people trying so hard to disqualify a map that is a community favorite, I don't get it. This map has more than 1000 favorites, so just leave it alone and let it be ranked for the sake of people who enjoy it.
Alheak
Why do you see DQ as a negative thing? This is supposed to help the mapset, and in this current state it's far from being acceptable for rank.
More than anything, a DQ shows that BNs didn't do their work properly.

Also, a lot of graveyarded maps have a shitton of favorites, that doesn't make them more rankable.
Bonsai
I randomly looked at the Standard bc I'm currently mapping a song of the same BPM and recently asked fellow BNs and/or QATs about 1/4-gaps in the lowest diff of a set, and some of them were already aversed to the idea of only having a 1/4-gap after a slidertail, but this Normal here even has fully clickable 1/4-doubles from 03:03:136 (4,1) on, and even though I consider myself a rather strong advocate for harder Normals, I don't think that's acceptable as lowest diff of a set either;would be cool to hear more opinions about that.

I found some other things in the Standard too:
  1. 01:41:454 (1,2,3,4,1) - As far as I've seen, there have never been clickable 1/2-chains longer than three notes anywhere, but this is five clickable 1/2s in a row - In a section that is mainly dominated by a lot of larger gaps and sliders, this seems highly unreasonable to me, simply deleting (4) would easily fix this imo. I find the usage of the 1/4-sliders in this section extremely random anyways, I don't see any system behind that at all and I think that bringing some structure into would only benefit the experience, but heyoo Normals don't get cared about much I guess
    (also, have you thought about already NCing those 1/4-sliders when they appear? i.e. swapping NCing on 01:33:545 (5,1) - etc, would imo make a nice effect but ofc that's just taste ^^)
  2. 01:20:727 (5) - 02:08:727 (5) - Missing NC; Also unnecessary NC at 01:41:454 (1) - .. ye maybe NCing should be rechecked throughout the whole map again, can't be bothered rn
  3. 03:48:000 (2,1) - not properly stacking lulz
  4. edit: Maybe you could also make 02:21:818 (1,2,3) be evenly visually spaced from each other ( = something like this)? Same goes for 03:51:273 (1,2,3) versus 03:52:364 (3,4) -, there might be more like those I guess
My apologies for being this late too, I just never bothered taking a closer look at this map but I'm procrasting on University-stuff rn so lol
Shiirn

Aleycks wrote:

community favorite
fwiw 95% of all players have no fucking idea how to map or how to make good maps. This is why people are encouraged to be able to play their own maps before they spit their opinion all over.

The praise of anyone ranking lower than 10k or so who isn't an experienced mapper or modder is basically worthless other than as a personal pick-me-up. It's completely worthless as a map defense. For this map, at least, given its SR and pointless difficulty, i'd say like top 1-2k... That 10k threshold number changes depending on the difficulty level of the map, obviously.
Bonsai

Shiirn wrote:

Aleycks wrote:

community favorite
fwiw 95% of all players have no fucking idea how to map or how to make good maps. This is why people are encouraged to be able to play their own maps before they spit their opinion all over.

The praise of anyone ranking lower than 10k or so who isn't an experienced mapper or modder is basically worthless other than as a personal pick-me-up. It's completely worthless as a map defense. For this map, at least, given its SR and pointless difficulty, i'd say like top 1-2k... That 10k threshold number changes depending on the difficulty level of the map, obviously.
Yuii-
You've been patiently waiting for 2 days to use that picture, Bonsai. You've earned my respect.
Shiirn
and it was still clumsily thrown in since that was about favorites rather than votes

smh bonzai
Bonsai

Yuii- wrote:

You've been patiently waiting for 2 days to use that picture, Bonsai. You've earned my respect.

Shiirn wrote:

and it was still clumsily thrown in since that was about favorites rather than votes

smh bonzai
shut off

(what's even worse is that I didn't even want to use it on this map but on ALIEN ;_;)
(also I didn't want to cause so many shitposts aaaa sorry m(_ _ ;;)m  )
Okoratu
Hi Fort,

I'll pull this out of qualified for now as valid points were raised about both Everlasting Memory and Standard.

[Standard]
  1. As the lowest diff you may want to fulfill the general things an easy should be doing in its stead. As such I agree with Bonsai that the stub 1/4 sliders should either be reconsidered as a whole or at least in the part bonsai mentioned as they seem to lack a clear structure and actually make that part more intense than the really intense section just before it.
  2. If you want a more clear system, you missed the following places for 1/4 sliders: 01:37:909 - 01:40:091 - 01:44:454 - 01:46:636 - 01:48:818 - but as the lowest diff I'd just say you should go with circles in these places. (the timestamps above are used to outline that your system is kind of missing)
[Everlasting Memory]
  1. 01:23:864 (4) - You should explain why you use these sliders so that everyone is on the same page here, Fort. I don't see the need to end them in a spot with this much impact either.
  2. 01:30:818 (1) - I agree with Alheak that these could be circles, his explanation makes sense.
  3. I agree with Alheak that the hitsounding seems to be trying too hard to be meme, so i'd ask you to reconsider that.
What are the tags "110bpm style" supposed to mean?
Good luck and answer the rest of the mods properly, not just the parts mentioned here~
allein
rip
oh
once again
Manysi

Okorin wrote:

110bpm means glitch hop
Xenok

Manysi wrote:

Okorin wrote:

110bpm means glitch hop
wat
Bonsai
Cheesecake
I don't get why you use hitsounds to add to the song rather than represent it :\
hent2222
dajwldjalkjdlkwaj ljfawjdlawl whyyy
Aleycks

Shiirn wrote:

Aleycks wrote:

community favorite

Only your almighty opinion is worth anything, my bad
Shiirn
u got it fam
Aleycks

Alheak wrote:

Why do you see DQ as a negative thing? This is supposed to help the mapset, and in this current state it's far from being acceptable for rank.
More than anything, a DQ shows that BNs didn't do their work properly.

Also, a lot of graveyarded maps have a shitton of favorites, that doesn't make them more rankable.
It has already been disqualified once, so why were these "issues" not adressed the first time ? Did it really take a 2nd DQ for everyone to notice that "hitsounds are too meme" ? Let's requalify this a 3rd time, and by then people will have found new issues like "why is this a circle and not a slider ?" or "this hitsound is still too meme" just for the sake of seeing this mapset disqualified
Bonsai

Aleycks wrote:

It has already been disqualified once, so why were these "issues" not adressed the first time ?
Because now, different people have looked at it, people who didn't look at it prior to the first DQ - Nobody can spot everything at once, that's why we base our ranking system on multiple modders, multiple nominators and yet another week to have it checked by everyone who plays it again.
Aleycks
Alright, I can understand that, but I fail to see the real issues adressed in this DQ post. There's 1/4 in the standard diff. Really ? Did no one realize that until now ? After tons of modding, a qualification and a disqualification, this is now an issue ? Please help me understand how.
About Everlasting Memory, this is basically "why is this a slider and not a circle ?" The answer is : why not, I really have nothing else to say about this, and the hitsounds stuff is ridiculous : "too meme"
Monstrata

Cheesecake wrote:

I don't get why you use hitsounds to add to the song rather than represent it :\
You can represent music, but you can also interpret it how you want. Even if I dislike the jumps on the map, forts hitsoundings is pretty unique in a good way (for me anyways).
Alheak

Aleycks wrote:

About Everlasting Memory, this is basically "why is this a slider and not a circle ?" The answer is : why not, I really have nothing else to say about this, and the hitsounds stuff is ridiculous : "too meme"
Well modding is exactly about that, saying that sometimes a circle is better than a slider, they are two different gameplay elements and both work in their own way. Depending on the rhythm or sounds, one can fit better than the other.

And no, the hitsounding isn't "too meme". It worked really well on Highscore, but here this is another story.

Deforming our remarks isn't an argument.
Enon
Please people enjoy this game
diraimur

Enon wrote:

Henri
Thanks based okorin keeping the ranked category clean of aim practise maps! (expect highscore that is..)
Luel Roseline
Oh my gosh...
(Another drama)
Achaoith
I are think very good map XD
Sanze

huono_tuuri wrote:

Thanks based okorin keeping the ranked category clean of aim practise maps! (expect highscore that is..)
this
OfficialLaw
Why this isnt ranked? :C
lit120

Enon wrote:

moya

OfficialLaw wrote:

jump practice maps shouldn't be ranked
Scarlet Evans

Fyre wrote:

OfficialLaw wrote:

If they comply with the requirements, are nicely mapped and have full diff spread, then why they shouldn't? I don't see the reason for maps like these not being ranked, especially when so many people love them, consider them good and there are no fundamental flaws, other stuff that definitely breaks the rhythm or is mapping to the empty vacuum.

I mean, no offence, but saying something like "I think it's jump practise, thus this shouldn't be ranked" is not a good way to convey someone's personal feeling, because it's a little like a tautological linguistic construct with zero information content. There's completely no argument related to why it shouldn't be ranked in it and for me, it just sounds like an attempt of being mean.

Moreover, the foremost mean to achieve improvement is playing the maps and any map that have jumps could be called by someone a jump practice. Do you mean that every single map ever that had any jumps in it, shouldn't be ranked? I bet not, as I wonder how many maps we would had left, if we were to unrank everything that can be used for jump practising. :P
Shiraori
practice and practicing**
MEK
why didnt i get kudosu for my mod ages ago.
lit120

Fyre wrote:

OfficialLaw wrote:

Have u ever seen any kinds of "jump practice maps" that are ranked/approved from a long time ago? It's becuz the spread says so
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Alheak wrote:

Sorry I stumble upon this set this late into the qualification process but there are some things I definitely don't agree with, which I think need revision:

Everlasting Memory

1. The map, especially the first two thirds, look particularly bad. You used to map some really nicer things back then, Highscore looked good, this on the other hand feels quite cheap to be honest:
    00:25:091 (2,3) - , 00:48:000 (1,2,3) - and on, overly curved short sliders like 00:52:773 (2,3) - , rushed squares like 01:23:454 (1,2,3,4) -
    The list could go on, but I know what you're capable of and that you're more than capable of applying yourself. is that really matter when i don't have any problem in structure and gameplay for that?
  2. The rhythm choices on most parts is really suspicious:
    01:23:454 (1,2,3,4) - why ending your slider on such a powerful note? It'd play much better clicked on. This applies to the whole section i told to everybody this again and again and again im following synth sound, why you forcing me to follow kick and snare for that, it's my custom preference to put some various pattern in that part
    01:30:818 (1) - why is it not two circles like the previous patterns? it's the same sound, it feels really awkward to suddenly play a slider instead
    Whole kiai as well, some note get a special 1/1 slider for no reason, some others get screen length 1/4 jumps subjective suggestion but looks good
    03:16:364 - why is this whole part so calm when it's basically still the chorus? why you don't understand, im sure im follow 1/2 patterns in there, why you forcing me to do 1/4? give me a single statements that mapping that with slow pattern is highly unrankable so QAT can DQ that so easily like throwing this map into the garbage can
  3. The flow as well is mostly bad, most of the objects just feel randomly placed across the map without real intent, like the whole section after 01:31:636 - if this flow is mostly bad then you can't do aim well for 7* maps, im doing this intentionally because of song itself and i put my interpretation to that song like that, i feel like it is okay if im doing that sharpy flow for that part as well, i assume you like you should make me remap that part for just your taste of your mapping i guess, no offense
    You often make the cursor stop at awkward moment, like 01:23:864 (4,5) - the previous part was a jump shitfest then you decide here to not only change the rhythm^, but stop the cursor. This would actually be okay if you made the player click on 01:24:000 - since you'd then be landing on a downbeat since the sliders was mapped by sliderends i think it's okay if i keep the cursor stopping in here, im really 100% sure this pattern is a good choices for that mapping parts
    01:32:318 (4,1) - this as well doesn't totally work, you want to stop the cursor but the next slider begins a bit more farther away, which makes the player continue to move the cursor. This ends up feeling more like a slow than a stop, which I don't think is adequate here well i think the anti jump pattern is your biggest problem in here but it doesn't make any senses for me since i put right pattern choices for that one, if you still complain map it your self and give me the good patterning choiches for that, i'll analyze that and i will think about that, please man the mapping is just not for jump jump and jump, i put much variety for that one, no offense
  4. NCs are a real mess as well, like 01:31:091 (1) - just why? You also don't need to NC every damn jump patterns, unless you really wanna make them stand out. NCs are a more than aesthetics, they are gameplay elements and reading clues since i fix 01:30:818 (1) - i didnt change the NC because of small sapcing
  5. Unlike Highscore, the hitsounding gimmick just doesn't quite work here, and sounds more forced than anything im doing testplays and retries for many times, please this map is my long term mapping, probably you will not understand my hitsounding in 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 tries, you need to learn something for that
  6. 02:06:545 - why isn't this part kiai? Moreover, this part has some serious spacing issues, most of the patterns don't work or at least not with the spacing they have, like 02:07:091 (1,2,3,4) - that kind of pattern if you don't like squares then you hate old ranked 2010 mapping with squares
    To be honest the whole map feels terribly unbalanced spacing wise, some very energetic sections like^ feel really underwhelming, whereas some calmer ones are a total jump shitfest like 00:56:727 - 00:56:727 - calmer? with tons of 1/4 synths it's called calmer?, i think your headset is broken, no insulting
  7. 03:51:273 - More personnal, but this section feels like it has some serious gameplay potential with those back-and-forth sounds, but nothing is made out of it >serious potential, yeah back and forth is just a flow choiches in common of mapping, but im doing different so why you so serious for this?

In short, the map feels unstructured, cheap, awkward, rushed and I honestly think that if you weren't Fort, this set would never have even got a bubble. please if you can map this song properly, mapped it yourself and ninja'd my favourites, please man im mapping competitively with ajny other mappers and i put several months of working this map and you said it's cheap, awkward, unstructed and etc. how did you said that such rude things to me so easily?, i guess you don't get my interpretation of my mapping based on gameplay itself, and yes you should take a look on other players plays too, and i see lot of testplayers and lot of modders don't have a problem with that while im asking something about that problem

It's a bit late here, plus I am posting from my laptop which makes modding not easy at all, so I am not really able to go deeply into the details. i hope you go to the deep deatails so i can explain everything to make sure you understand more
I hope it'll be enough to make people reconsider this qualification.

Bonsai wrote:

I randomly looked at the Standard bc I'm currently mapping a song of the same BPM and recently asked fellow BNs and/or QATs about 1/4-gaps in the lowest diff of a set, and some of them were already aversed to the idea of only having a 1/4-gap after a slidertail, but this Normal here even has fully clickable 1/4-doubles from 03:03:136 (4,1) on, and even though I consider myself a rather strong advocate for harder Normals, I don't think that's acceptable as lowest diff of a set either;would be cool to hear more opinions about that. it's not a normal diffs, it's standard diff which it has seriously balanced with the Hyper diff with tons of 1/4s, so the doubles should be okay with that one, well i have many of normal diffs with much 1/2 patterns in there, quite hard but yeah its okay

I found some other things in the Standard too:
  1. 01:41:454 (1,2,3,4,1) - As far as I've seen, there have never been clickable 1/2-chains longer than three notes anywhere, but this is five clickable 1/2s in a row - In a section that is mainly dominated by a lot of larger gaps and sliders, this seems highly unreasonable to me, simply deleting (4) would easily fix this imo. I find the usage of the 1/4-sliders in this section extremely random anyways, I don't see any system behind that at all and I think that bringing some structure into would only benefit the experience, but heyoo Normals don't get cared about much I guess looks okay
    (also, have you thought about already NCing those 1/4-sliders when they appear? i.e. swapping NCing on 01:33:545 (5,1) - etc, would imo make a nice effect but ofc that's just taste ^^)
  2. 01:20:727 (5) - 02:08:727 (5) - Missing NC; Also unnecessary NC at 01:41:454 (1) - .. ye maybe NCing should be rechecked throughout the whole map again, can't be bothered rn
  3. 03:48:000 (2,1) - not properly stacking lulz oh haha xD
  4. edit: Maybe you could also make 02:21:818 (1,2,3) be evenly visually spaced from each other ( = something like this)? Same goes for 03:51:273 (1,2,3) versus 03:52:364 (3,4) -, there might be more like those I guess
My apologies for being this late too, I just never bothered taking a closer look at this map but I'm procrasting on University-stuff rn so lol okay im trying to be a cool dude for some reason lol

Okorin wrote:

Hi Fort,

I'll pull this out of qualified for now as valid points were raised about both Everlasting Memory and Standard.

[Standard]
  1. As the lowest diff you may want to fulfill the general things an easy should be doing in its stead. As such I agree with Bonsai that the stub 1/4 sliders should either be reconsidered as a whole or at least in the part bonsai mentioned as they seem to lack a clear structure and actually make that part more intense than the really intense section just before it. this is really ambigous for me, that should i put more of 1/4s sliders or should i delete the 1/4s pattern in here, it's confusing for me a bit, i'll tell nhawak about this i guess
  2. If you want a more clear system, you missed the following places for 1/4 sliders: 01:37:909 - 01:40:091 - 01:44:454 - 01:46:636 - 01:48:818 - but as the lowest diff I'd just say you should go with circles in these places. (the timestamps above are used to outline that your system is kind of missing) looks i missed something there
[Everlasting Memory]
  1. 01:23:864 (4) - You should explain why you use these sliders so that everyone is on the same page here, Fort. I don't see the need to end them in a spot with this much impact either. already explained on alheak's mods + for few reference i swap that patterning for first attempt deal with that cursor break pattern, there should be good on first time, im not fix pattern choice but i fix pattern placement and some of note placement
  2. 01:30:818 (1) - I agree with Alheak that these could be circles, his explanation makes sense. yeah i agree with that too
  3. I agree with Alheak that the hitsounding seems to be trying too hard to be meme, so i'd ask you to reconsider that. i don't agree with that statement because when you realize that i hitsound that map the other hitsounds just an addition for my mapping being fullfilled by experiencing different look of the map itself, so yeah im already considered this for a long time, already structured the hitsounding, and yes it's not forcing, i'd keep my hitsounding not so much as my previous project was and it worked for me, tested by lot of people and lot of them didn't complain so much about that because i want to give different experience for players by putting that custom additional hitsound on that map (and mapset), kinda subjective but i bet this can be okay since hitsounds can be editable without changing .osu file notepad if you don't like some hitsounding parts
What are the tags "110bpm style" supposed to mean? glitch hop as manysi mentioned, im just doing that tags for additional seaching when people forget about Glitch hop songs, they can seach 110bpm style for this map lol
Good luck and answer the rest of the mods properly, not just the parts mentioned here~
@all guys: please keep calm, i'll answer anything i have if you guys put a good statements of your problems, i'll think and answer it. thanks

MEK wrote:

why didnt i get kudosu for my mod ages ago.
post exempt of kudos whatever thing while qualified

Fyre wrote:

this should be ranked, once again and it will be ranked, i hope so

S A V E R Y wrote:

Oh my gosh...
(Another drama)
lol

Scarlet Evans wrote:

If they comply with the requirements, are nicely mapped and have full diff spread, then why they shouldn't? I don't see the reason for maps like these not being ranked, especially when so many people love them, consider them good and there are no fundamental flaws, other stuff that definitely breaks the rhythm or is mapping to the empty vacuum.

I mean, no offence, but saying something like "I think it's jump practise, thus this shouldn't be ranked" is not a good way to convey someone's personal feeling, because it's a little like a tautological linguistic construct with zero information content. There's completely no argument related to why it shouldn't be ranked in it and for me, it just sounds like an attempt of being mean.

Moreover, the foremost mean to achieve improvement is playing the maps and any map that have jumps could be called by someone a jump practice. Do you mean that every single map ever that had any jumps in it, shouldn't be ranked? I bet not, as I wonder how many maps we would had left, if we were to unrank everything that can be used for jump practising. :P
yeah people saying such things because they have some structural problems in here, looks minor but it can be a big deal for some people if they still don't want to understand each other, but yeah i fix lot of things today and it should be a better patterns in this map, hope this can fix your misunderstanding about ranking maps :)

please read explanation because im not really Declining Red text, it contains my statements and opinion about my maps in a nutshell general of my mapping

updated, i'll tell BNs for this. if you need any more question please post here, i don't like the people when i qualified this again they're forcing to do qualified mod again and again while they don't see the maps on pending or WIP sections, it's like insulting BNs and previous Modders work and try to prevent specific mappers to do ranked maps. thanks for your attention
show more