sb coming in
rip XD
edit: 200th post for 200th bpm
Fezu
Guess it's time to bring out the Storyboard
Topic Starter
Kroytz
Anyways, these are the changes that have been made:

1. soft-sliderslide42 has been removed because as Yuii- mentioned, it was a tiny error leaving that one in when completely unused. Now the mapset has an extra 44 bytes to use :3
  2. 00:05:842 (1) - to 00:22:642 (1) - have been remapped to have cleaner more structured sliders. SV changes were upped a bit and slidertick volumes went down a bit.
  3. 00:42:592 (1) - Xexxar did some reddit-level math and found that this absolutely 100% needed to be rotated by 3 degrees.
  4. 02:00:123 (1,2,3,4,5) - The snapping has been "fixed" here. With the help of Charles, Xexxar, and a good 1-2 hours of our time, we managed to find a good spot for these notes. Basically we slid them over by 2/16 and somehow it works.
  5. 02:33:442 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - Has been changed to make an accent on the (9). credits to mithew for finding this.
  6. 02:39:742 (3) - slider-end volume reduced to 40% because the hitsound was quite loud there.
  7. 04:53:866 (1) - Fixed a bit of the curve on this.
The things that weren't changed were explained either on the forums multiple times, or in PM to the users who messaged me their concerns regarding more or less the same stuff.
I should also mention, you guys are spending way too much time trying to nitpick these hitsounds (not you wendao, that was actually a good suggestion). Just disable them if you want to have a good chance at top-scoring or clearing. For the 99.9% of players who can't do neither, at least you can enjoy the melodic sounds of piano.
Also, since Xexxar's previous post is exempt of KD, can I just KD his recent post?
Captain Teemo
what about the AR10? #WeWantAR9.7
sahuang
I agree that ar 10 is bit too high here for this bpm, 9.6-9.8 would fit it very much.
Topic Starter
Kroytz
Look, I'm not sure who's been here the first time it was qualified to where it is now but the time it was first qualified (circa November 2015) the general consensus among the majority of players/spectators/mappers during that time was that a higher AR (higher in this sense would be above 9.5) is best suited in this case as to prevent clutter on the screen. So that gives us a few numbers to work with right; AR 9.5 is the slow end of the optimal AR spectrum and 10 would be the fastest end of it.
Now I've talked to many players ranging from single digits to 5 digits and received a lot of feedback regarding the AR and (un)surprisingly, the optimal AR varied completely. Some users within the top 100 couldn't even read AR10 whereas 4-5 digit players could. Somehow, top players couldn't even get through the first minute of the map (yet they can HDDT 10.3 maps with 99%+ amirite). From the many playtesters, I've only received about a dozen comments regarding the AR. A good half stating the higher AR feels good and the other half saying otherwise, maybe tone it down .2. or .3. But I feel as though the optimal AR for this particular map in its difficulty range is so subjective that it comes down to whether or not you're capable of reading it to begin with. If you can deathstream 200 bpm for 5 minutes straight, reading AR10 shouldn't be a problem.
Enon
AR10 is slow (=_=)

10.3 is better thank you kudosu pls(joke)
Kimitakari
I have no clue whats wrong with BNs heads but right now AR 10 on 7 star maps its NORMAL (even 8 star maps)

Dont make me critisize it yet but this is reminding me of Big Black with their controversial attempts of deranking. On top of that lets talk about this map for example. 7.4 stars of ~7 minutes massacre turned into the pp machine and this is where the big problem started. Heres the quote from Yuii-

Yuii- wrote:

Why hello there

You are ruining CtB, koliron!!!!!!
Someone stop this map from getting played. This is a pp map!!!!!

Jesus. Since when a pp map is bad? If a map gives a shit ton of performance points means the map should not be ranked because it's bad? I blame a lot of people who actually started talking about this, seriously.
Now when everything is said the problem is that the patterns are always follows to the difficulty witch it will be higher.

E.g.: Harder jumps?? - Difficulty level up
More deathstreams and spaced streams?? - Difficulty level up
Is your AR is 10?? - Spend more times for modding then
Congraturations, your map will be harder to rank it, rebubble and nuke it. Welcome to the Ranking Criteria!

This is NOT like something it will never be ranked, loser! It's not. This map fits to the song and hitsounds are outstanding and on top of that the latest ranked map is from 2011 (short version)... But no storyboard? NOPE DISQUALLIFIED

This is bullshit depending that it requiers a storyboard for this map. Now im still thinking to make a storyboard but thats my choice after all.

So sad for that hype... So sad...

P.S.

randomizer89 wrote:

if map get tooo many pp... it's system problem of pp, not map problem.
P.S.S broken english inc. Kappa
Natsu

Nelly wrote:

I have no clue whats wrong with BNs heads but right now AR 10 on 7 star maps its NORMAL (even 8 star maps)
Star rating is broken and have nothing to do with the AR in a difficulty (I didn't check the difficulty, but using SR for judge things is wrong).
Nozhomi
Tbh I think AR10 is k, since the rhythm is sometimes tricky (as start for example) and the object density is way enough high to keep it.
I have no more conplain with the map. Fixes looks k.

Let's try again ?
Kimitakari

Nozhomi wrote:

Tbh I think AR10 is k, since the rhythm is sometimes tricky (as start for example) and the object density is way enough high to keep it.
I have no more conplain with the map. Fixes looks k.

Let's try again ?

Asphyxia wrote:

Disqualified on mappers' request, there will be a storyboard.
Nozhomi

Nelly wrote:

Nice meme :>
Topic Starter
Kroytz

Nelly wrote:

Kimitakari

Kroytz wrote:

:<
Sieg

Yuii-
There's no delay on the hitsounds, I checked them.

@Kroytz: Read my post again, please. I told you to delete the 41th, not the 42th. Fix and call me back for the rebub #1.
I Must Decrease
It's not whether or not the map's star rating deserves the approach rate, it's whether the object density that results from the bpm of the song needs to be that low.

As I mentioned, this map is the exact same BPM as Blue Zenith, only difference in difficulty results from 2 patterns that occur at the end of the kiai's.

AR10 here really seems tacked on because the object density does not need to be the minimum possible based on the BPM. Very few songs that are mapped at 200 BPM are AR10, and just because the difficulty of this map is high does not mean that it needs to be AR10. It is perfectly readable at lower ARs and the lower ARs, I believe, fit the intensity of the song much better than AR10.
diraimur
I personally don't really have an issue with this map being ar10, because a person who is capable of playing this map should be probably able to read ar10 anyway. Admittedly, this doesn't mean ar used is justified. However for such map, I highly believe its subjective and it could be anything from 9 to 10. I would personally use ar9.8.

also increase od by 0.1 kds pls
/me rusn

01:21:442 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i feel like spacings should be like 01:21:742 (1,2,3,4) - > 01:21:442 (1,2,3,4) - > 01:22:042 (1,2,3,4) - > 01:22:342 (1,2,3,4) - , however you kept increasing spacings. though its kinda controversial since one can claim its for build up or sth w/e

also jump on 02:20:092 (15,1) - might be kinda harsh since your movement 02:19:042 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - here is pretty slow and then you suddenly have to move your cursor half the screen.
Nozhomi

I didn't saw any unused file when I checked with tool :/ weird
And yes I redled the map before check it !
Shiguma
My AR style make objective sense not your sense. /s

But why does this have to be identical to Blue Xenith? 9.5-10 range works, I would expect someone playing this to be able to read ar10
mithew

Shiguma wrote:

But why does this have to be identical to Blue Xenith? 9.5-10 range works, I would expect someone playing this to be able to read ar10
i don't think being able to read it as ar10 is the issue here

i can read it and play it perfectly fine and i'll still say that ar9.7 would fit the map way more
Topic Starter
Kroytz
@Yuii-: I had realized that just a bit too late ;^;

@Xexxar: Stop crying and l2p AR10. Your attitude towards me about the AR has been nothing but whining. If the BPM is the deciding factor as to what determines a map's AR, then that's quite a poor argument considering there are a couple of "low-bpm" maps utilizing AR10. If your next argument is,"Oh but those maps are mapped in 1/3 hurr hurr so it's technically 200+bpm" then surely it's not the bpm of the song but the way in which its mapped. The map is perfectly readable at lower ARs, and the map is perfectly readable at AR 10, your argument is just as subjective as the players who are able to read 10.

@to everyone else: This is sort of how it looked like before, during the time it was qualified in November: with a few agreements/disagreements on the AR. The only difference is simply due to the fact that it would've been ranked with AR10, and have been accepted perfectly fine without complaints had I not DQ'd. Not to say "I could've gone away with it then" but what I'm saying follows more along the lines of, "it was perfectly acceptable then, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be acceptable now". For what it seems like, it's that everyone just has their preference as to what is "optimal" and that will be an opinion that varies from player-to-player or mapper-to-mapper.
I Must Decrease

Kroytz wrote:

@Xexxar: Stop crying and l2p AR10. Your attitude towards me about the AR has been nothing but whining. If the BPM is the deciding factor as to what determines a map's AR, then that's quite a poor argument considering there are a couple of "low-bpm" maps utilizing AR10. If your next argument is,"Oh but those maps are mapped in 1/3 hurr hurr so it's technically 200+bpm" then surely it's not the bpm of the song but the way in which its mapped. The map is perfectly readable at lower ARs, and the map is perfectly readable at AR 10, your argument is just as subjective as the players who are able to read 10.
i'll qq all i want
Yuii-
Don't worry, I always backup hitsounds.

soft-sliderslide42.wav in case you need it: http://puu.sh/phgkr/13b04ac5fd.wav
chainpullz
My take on the AR is that the higher AR fits the deathstream sections better whereas slightly lower ar fits the more technical sections better (ie. 00:25:042 - 00:43:042 ). A bit of a tradeoff between tracking ability and reading ability. Thus you'll probably get different responses based on the particular person's skillset.
Shiro
yo you're gonna compete with tengaku pls dont
Topic Starter
Kroytz

Yuii- wrote:

Don't worry, I always backup hitsounds.

soft-sliderslide42.wav in case you need it: http://puu.sh/phgkr/13b04ac5fd.wav
Didn't need 42 nor 41, just 40. Both of them were deleted.
Xinely
Kimitakari
Karen?
Karen
??
Kimitakari
Nevermind
Cellina
gratz
Nozhomi
wb
sahuang