forum

Modding v2: Modding Panel - Feedback Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loctav
The modding panel on the new webpage is now available for public testing!

Please visit the two chosen test mapset to access it:
  1. http://new.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/351408/discussion (Download the set here: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/351408)
  2. http://new.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/123760/discussion (Download the set here: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/123760)

For best results, we would like everyone to actually give it a try and mod the above mapsets with the given panel!

The new modding panel is one of the first steps of introducing modding v2. The main idea of the panel is to make everyone post every issue individually and discuss it individually, for easier tracking and for avoiding duplicates.
It makes it easier to differ between praisings, suggestions and actual problems and keeps everything organized and singular issues can be discussed by their own, without swamping away other mentioned issues. Issues can be marked individually as resolved, too, so everyone is aware of what has been looked at.

To post a issue on a specific spot in the beatmap, your issue has to start with a timestamp. If you post without starting with a timestamp, it'll get posted as general issue.

Feel free to toy around and test this feature and leave us your feedback. However, keep the following rules in mind:

1. This thread is not for asking for features (unless they are necessary for basic modding)
  2. Please provide valid modding for the map so we can get an idea of how it works

---------------

peppy wrote:

To save people repeating the same thing, here's some things which have been mentioned many times and will be added:

- Editing posts will be available.
- There will be a general section per difficulty. Right now it's only available for the whole map set.
- Formatting may become a thing, but it will be limited. Individual posts are supposed to be small and to the point (single sentence or paragraph).
- The difficulty selection dropdown doesn't scale so well to sets with tens of difficulties. It will be fixed.
xxdeathx
soon tm actually happened
grumd
yesss
XeoStyle
ooooooo nice
Evening
ayy it's my std map :d
Liiraye
You guys are too fast
Avishay
I want free mods too :(
LordRaika
rip... my old ... O L D mappppp ....
Halogen-
As someone who absolutely loathes the current modding process...

... this certainly makes things more enticing to work on. Really good work, guys!
Dea ex machina
ay this is cool af
AncuL
zen's name though
Feerum
Stop praise it guys! First test it, then praise it!
riffy
Is there any way to comment on general issues the set has. For example, if I dislike combo colours and can offer better ones. Or do I have to spam the thing for every difficulty?

Probably needs overall [General] section as it would help out. Apart from that, I believe it is somewhat usable.
The possibilit to upvote suggestions is also pretty weird. I'd get rid of that.
Liiraye
How will this affect irc modding? Will this be the only way of modding in the future?
peppy

Bakari wrote:

Is there any way to comment on general issues the set has. For example, if I dislike combo colours and can offer better ones. Or do I have to spam the thing for every difficulty?

Probably needs overall [General] section as it would help out. Apart from that, I believe it is somewhat usable.
Did you try using it? There's already a general (just don't enter a timestamp).
ac8129464363
will guest diffs be officially supported through this system or will things have to be done through the mapset owner?
riffy
Is the [General] thing applies to all difficulties or only to the one that is currently selected? I am testing it at this moment and I don't think it does apply to all diffs.

Great job, my bad I didn't get it at first.
AncuL

peppy wrote:

Is the general aim the comment for every difficulty?
Evening
I'm assuming beatmap links would be more accessible later on considering clicking the title leads to butts :d

also, double tapping enter too fast kinda double posts, not sure if that's a big issue though

LordRaika also had problems changing the difficulty from the drop down menu, kinda asked him to post the issue
Avishay
Pressing on the mapper's name leads to http://new.ppy.sh/u/undefined rather than the mapper's profile.
Sieg
1. download button will be useful

2. message field is too small? There no space for detailed information.

3. design for this, i don't want to brainstorm here with ideas (you guys can do this better anyways) but huge list, large mod icons and duplicate mod name on every item looks odd
Dea ex machina
Would be wonderful if reloading the page brought you back to the last difficulty you were modding :D
MillhioreF

Sieg wrote:

2. message field is too small? There no space for detailed information.
You're not really supposed to put whole paragraphs for single mod points most of the time. If you need more space, you can drag the diagonal lines in the bottom right of the input area, same as current forum posts.
riffy
Okay, after testing out a few things, I believe that this would be a good idea to separate general from difficulty-specific issues that are currently being posted in General.

To be more specific, the picture in the spoilerbox can't be fixed to a certain difficulty, although it really should be fixed to Easy.
hehe

AncuL wrote:

peppy wrote:

Is the general aim the comment for every difficulty?
from what i can gather, either starting your message without a timestamp or clicking on General above the Timeline would make a comment for General, which would apply to every difficulty. i can't seem to find a way to talk about a specific difficulty in general, without timestamps (when you're talking about map settings, or recurring errors etc.)
Topic Starter
Loctav
quoting this portion for the sake of it

1. This thread is not for asking for features (unless they are necessary for basic modding)
  2. Please provide valid modding for the map so we can get an idea of how it works
Nozhomi
I just hope the timeline won't became unreadable after a tons of suggestions ^^'

Really nice so far after some testing.
riffy
I'm posting too much, but there is absolutely no reason to kee the "resolved" tick availiable for praise comments.

Difficulty-specific are somewhat moddable as they are, but when we talk about modding storyboards in general, this is not comfortable at all. Why can't we have a certain category for storyboards or general timestamps as well?
Crystal

Loctav wrote:

The new modding panel is one of the first steps of introducing modding v2.
Besides this new feature, may I ask what modding v2 is actually?
show more