forum

osu!Skills

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kert
osu! servers are very unreliable currently and a lot of scores missed the database because of that :(
I honestly don't know if anything can be done to help that on my side
snyviper
I have another suggestion...

I think you should add an "Update" button to the site, instead of updating it whenever it's been 12 hours after the last update, and someone accesses the user page on osu!Skills, for two reasons:

1: Since there is a very long time so we can update again, sometimes I have to keep a tab open in my browser with my osu!skills page, because if I open it after the 12 hours, it'll update, and I want to finish playing before updating it, yet I want to see my skills from before updating.

2: Sometimes, it's not necessary to update, because we don't make new highscores everyday, and on the day we don't make a highscore, we don't need to update it, plus... If we are waiting to stop playing to update it, we may end up forgetting to update. The server would make less effort to keep working, and it MIGHT make the "12 hours of wait" become lower, like 10 hours, or even 8, who knows...

Got the idea from this site: http://graph.anime.plus/
verto

Kert wrote:

osu! servers are very unreliable currently and a lot of scores missed the database because of that :(
I'm not really an expert or anything, but shouldn't they get into your database after the servers were fixed? Or at least the top100/pp giving scores.

I might be saying really stupid shit, but I'm just curious. and I had a memory score it missed
unko

_verto_ wrote:

and I had a memory score it missed
i had to set a precision score twice for it to show up :x
randomizer89

Kert wrote:

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Topic Starter
Kert

snyviper wrote:

There are some ideas concerning this, but it's not final yet.

_verto_ wrote:

I'm not really an expert or anything, but shouldn't they get into your database after the servers were fixed? Or at least the top100/pp giving scores.
The latter will

randomizer89 wrote:

Check again, it appeared there
Yuudachi-kun

Microsoft Vista wrote:

_verto_ wrote:

and I had a memory score it missed
i had to set a precision score twice for it to show up :x
I had to choke mad machine twice at the exact same sliderbreak combo to get my stamina. ;)
unko

Khelly wrote:

I had to choke mad machine twice at the exact same sliderbreak combo to get my stamina. ;)
i had to fc fascination marisa THIRTEEN TIMES JUST FOR IT TO STILL NOT BEAT MY 14 MONTH OLD NOMOD SCORE

maybe the osuskills devs will be cute and add it manually? 8-) after all it's still in my recent plays
Topic Starter
Kert

Microsoft Vista wrote:

maybe the osuskills devs will be cute and add it manually? 8-) after all it's still in my recent plays
unko

Kert wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Cheesecake

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Kert wrote:

play more
Koizumi Chineko
I've got a problem with score update, Could anyone help ? ;-;
abraker

przemo_az wrote:

I've got a problem with score actualizacion, Could anyone help ? ;-;
Huh? If I'm not mistaken, you are not sure what the numbers mean?
Koizumi Chineko

abraker wrote:

przemo_az wrote:

I've got a problem with score actualizacion, Could anyone help ? ;-;
Huh? If I'm not mistaken, you are not sure what the numbers mean?
I mean update, my mistake sry
Koizumi Chineko
but now I don't care, I've got a better score
unko
in all realness being able to check recent plays too would be so cool
abraker

Microsoft Vista wrote:

You mean so you know which map somebody else recently did, saving the time going on their osu! profile, checking the info, and going back to look for the map in the skills listing?
unko

abraker wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

You mean so you know which map somebody else recently did, saving the time going on their osu! profile, checking the info, and going back to look for the map in the skills listing?
i mean like scores from your recent plays could be added so if i do a cool that isn't in the top 1000, my top plays or even doesn't beat my nomod score for example fuck fascination marisa, it can still be added to my thingy

ok poop suggestion by poop player who farms this site too much
Yuudachi-kun
I feel bad for you because my score is only 3.97 million. I'm starting to hate the insanes I played a year ago nomod with high ass scores I can hardly beat DT because DT they're like 6.5*+
verto
After I managed to get a better score, it is still not counted on the site.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/285397 (#5)

even DTFL should give memory points, so that shouldn't be the problem.
Topic Starter
Kert
Couldn't you be just a little more patient, when I checked the new score was already there
verto

Kert wrote:

Couldn't you be just a little more patient, when I checked the new score was already there
Damn, sorry. Guess I checked it too early.
Koizumi Chineko
I've got image that shows my problem :P

I don't understand how that system work. ;-;
Yuudachi-kun
Why is it going to record your S when it has a lower score than your A
Koizumi Chineko

Khelly wrote:

I think

478,881 < 602,695
93.36% < 95.91%
1 miss < 0 misses
A < S

why A has bigger score than S ?
Yuudachi-kun

przemo_az wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I think

478,881 < 602,695
93.36% < 95.91%
1 miss < 0 misses
A < S

why A has bigger score than S ?
Oops, I misread the scores
Topic Starter
Kert
Sorry, you probably made this score when osu!api and our site had problems with each other :(
Koizumi Chineko

Kert wrote:

Sorry, you probably made this score when osu!api and our site had problems with each other :(
bro it would be 1100 points ;-;
unko
:|

Microsoft Vista wrote:

i mean like scores from your recent plays could be added so if i do a cool that isn't in the top 1000, my top plays or even doesn't beat my nomod score for example fuck fascination marisa, it can still be added to my thingy

bumpy

it's totally possible too because osu has an api addon for recent plays, you just wouldn't include failed plays obviously
also it would give me incentive to not play while i was waiting for recent plays to update which would be nice too :!:
abraker

Microsoft Vista wrote:

it's totally possible too because osu has an api addon for recent plays, you just wouldn't include failed plays obviously
also it would give me incentive to not play while i was waiting for recent plays to update which would be nice too :!:
I did bring that up. Here is Kert's statement on this:

kert wrote:

Our API access will be revoked because of get_user_recent. It already is not very stable
Also really, do you want 6 times more amount of scores per user?
Not to mention that get_user_recent catches everything (even failed plays) and trying to calculate all results will be a disaster I guess?
AndrewOmega
So, it appears that hidden really doesn't do anything for osu!skills. getting a hddthr play with higher acc same combo as a hrdt play on a map gives the same precision. i don't really mind this since hidden really doesn't make circles smaller or harder to click, but with that in mind it doesn't appear to contribute to any stat, even though it technically makes the song harder to read. Maybe having hidden play a large part in the reading score? I've just seen so many hidden only players with great scores on maps have super low osu!skills. I just wish there was a stat that hidden really helped such as hr-precision/acc and dt for certain ones, not to mention memory being completely fl based, it must make the hidden mod feel sad for being left out :cry:

Just a suggestion and question, as I love Osu!skills and I love hidden, it would be great to see what happens. I pretty much use this as my primary judgement of my skill now, even if it is still new and weird some times. ;)
unko

abraker wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

I did bring that up. Here is Kert's statement on this:

kert wrote:

Our API access will be revoked because of get_user_recent. It already is not very stable
Also really, do you want 6 times more amount of scores per user?
Not to mention that get_user_recent catches everything (even failed plays) and trying to calculate all results will be a disaster I guess?
poopsiedaisy

derminYagami wrote:

So, it appears that hidden really doesn't do anything for osu!skills. getting a hddthr play with higher acc same combo as a hrdt play on a map gives the same precision. i don't really mind this since hidden really doesn't make circles smaller or harder to click, but with that in mind it doesn't appear to contribute to any stat, even though it technically makes the song harder to read. Maybe having hidden play a large part in the reading score? I've just seen so many hidden only players with great scores on maps have super low osu!skills. I just wish there was a stat that hidden really helped such as hr-precision/acc and dt for certain ones, not to mention memory being completely fl based, it must make the hidden mod feel sad for being left out :cry:

Just a suggestion and question, as I love Osu!skills and I love hidden, it would be great to see what happens. I pretty much use this as my primary judgement of my skill now, even if it is still new and weird some times. ;)
It actually does play slightly into the memory skill; my top memory score would be about 20 points higher with hidden. It's probably weighted more on actual hard maps too
AndrewOmega

Microsoft Vista wrote:

derminYagami wrote:

It actually does play slightly into the memory skill; my top memory score would be about 20 points higher with hidden. It's probably weighted more on actual hard maps too
Even so I wish it played a bigger role overall. What if you can't fl but you can hd low ar songs?
E m i

Microsoft Vista wrote:

.osr importing pls :^)
timemon
I think longer maps should give more Accuracy points. One of my best play is worth next nothing while some random TV Size I randomly sightread gives a lot more.
VirtualMuffin
The website seems a little bugged at the moment. I've lost a lot of scores, last viewed players is stuck on the same people and basically everyone is "worse"
Topic Starter
Kert
Try again. My guess is your browser cache is dusty
VirtualMuffin

Kert wrote:

Try again. My guess is your browser cache is dusty
Ah much better. I did try that earlier. Maybe i wasn't going back far enough
unko

Momiji wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

.osr importing pls :^)
omg i would import my hatsune miku no gekishou click+x'd ezdt score and get 850 stamina
Topic Starter
Kert
New update.

- You can now easily compare your present with your past skills by opening the page again after scores reach our database.
- +/- skill change indicators now show the differences in comparison to points you last saw on the page.
Differences reset to 0 if more than 12 hours pass from the last time you opened the page
- NEW labels now appear for scores not older than 1 day
Your browser must support HTML5 localstorage for this to work. Don't worry unless you're using Opera Mini or some ancient IE / Safari.
show more