posted
Total Posts
show more
Nameless

Green Platinum wrote:

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Well played.
KirmiShinigami
Can anyone suggest me anime that is kinda horror, mystery and psychological thriller?
Something similar to Death Note, Monster. Psycho Pass or Black Butler
(Please do not reccomend Code Geass, I watched it and I did not like it).
preferably no romance/small amount of romance, more action and such.
Also it would be cool if it had some nice and deep monologues and good soundtrack.
Bonus points if the hair colour and character design are realistic.
Preferably about 12-24 episodes long, but if it is good, I can watch even about 80 episodes(Monster is actually only anime I have watched with more than 40 episodes...)
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou
Corpse Party: Missing Footage
Hyouka (maybe, maybe not)
Another
[ Bloodfallen ]
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei, Hidan no Aria
Kafein_old_1

KirmiShinigami wrote:

Can anyone suggest me anime that is kinda horror, mystery and psychological thriller?
Also it would be cool if it had some nice and deep monologues and good soundtrack.
Preferably about 12-24 episodes long, but if it is good, I can watch even about 80 episodes(Monster is actually only anime I have watched with more than 40 episodes...)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is exactly what you're looking for. Best psychological anime ever in my opinion.

Also these:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Shiki
Mirai Nikki
Denpa Teki na Kanojo (this one is so damn good, too bad it only has 2 eps)
Zankyou no Terror
Shigofumi
Yuri Kuma Arashi (not for those who dislike yuri though)
ramadhanptr

KirmiShinigami wrote:

I suggest
Durarara!! it has 4 parts
- Durarara!!
- Durarara!! x2 Shou
- Durarara!! x2 Ten
- Durarara!! x2 Ketsu
Cloudx5

KirmiShinigami wrote:

Boku dake ga inai machi- its only episode 3 so i don't know if there is going to be any romance but so far so good (in my opinion best anime of winter 2016)
Hikona
Omoide no Marnie
Awesome movie
N0thingSpecial
Too many pages to read through but did anyone suggest Corry in the house?
Mizukashii

Cloudx5 wrote:

KirmiShinigami wrote:

Boku dake ga inai machi- its only episode 3 so i don't know if there is going to be any romance but so far so good (in my opinion best anime of winter 2016)
there's an episode 4 now
due to its popularity this winter its kinda good to avoid spoiler
Green Platinum

Mizukashii wrote:

there's an episode 4 now
due to its popularity this winter its kinda good to avoid spoiler
That tends to happen when you respond to a 6 day old comment on a show that is currently airing.
Kyozoru

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou
Corpse Party: Missing Footage
Hyouka (maybe, maybe not)
Another
I'll say no to corpse party -_-
Faust
But Corpse Party is great...
Pituophis
Looking for some good movies. Some that I like are Princess Mononoke, Redline, Patema inverted, Paprika, summer wars. There are others but I can't remember the names right now.
Volta

Pituophis wrote:

Looking for some good movies. Some that I like are Princess Mononoke, Redline, Patema inverted, Paprika, summer wars. There are others but I can't remember the names right now.
Spirited Away
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Children Who Chase Lost Voice
The Place Promised in Our early Days
Kiki's Delivery Service
Miunix
Alright, I'm in need of some great anime movies with a fine art style.

I'd would like one that is either Horror & Action, or Cute with some Romance. :3
propasy

- NekoBeat - wrote:

I'd would like one that is either Horror & Action, or Cute with some Romance. :3
Horror:
- Perfect Blue,
- Berserk movies (tv series is better but movie will do just fine, also you might not like the CGI)

Action:
- Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
- Redline
- Sword of the Stranger
- Trigun: Badland Rumble (try watch first TV series though)

Cute:
not a fan of the genre but...
- K-on the movie???
- little witch academia

Romance:
- Byousoku 5 Centimeter (five centimeter per second)
- Garden of words
- Jin-Rou (depressing anime though)
The Gambler
Space Dandy
Eloc
MAL: http://myanimelist.net/profile/DoubtfuI

I enjoy ecchi, harem, magic school kinda stuff as well as stuff like SAO, seraph of the end and angel beats.

Absolute Duo and Hagure Yuusha No Estetica are two of my all time favourites.

Recommend anything to me that you feel fits these vague outlines.

PS: I don't like log horizon or really any other anime that attempted VR
The Gambler

Eloc wrote:

-snip-
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Gakuen Asterisk
Eloc

The Gambler wrote:

Eloc wrote:

-snip-
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Gakuen Asterisk
I'll check out your first suggestion however I've already seen Asterisk(sorry if it's not on MAL by accident)
Seijiro
@-_NekoBeat_-

If you need cute/romance movies try out Kyoukai no Kanata Kako Hen + Mirai Hen (the first one is a recap of the series and the second one is the true final of everything which is almost like a S2)
Also, a more recent one is Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai (I hope I didn't mispelled it lol). The artwork is done by Kantoku and the story is great for a standing alone movie and I personally loved how the whole story developed

Unfortunately I'm not into horror so I have nothing to suggest for that genre
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Eloc wrote:

-snip-
Try...
Seikon no Qwaser
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.
lovetap

The Gambler wrote:

Space Dandy

Space Dandy was gr8
lovetap
a1l2d3r4e5d6

[ Ryushi ] wrote:

- NekoBeat - wrote:

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi was a great Romance/School Life anime. Also, watch JUST A FEW EPISODES, you will find this anime very familiar because manga caps/anime screenshots from this anime are used a TON in osu! map backgrounds.
The person asked for a movie, man. Not a series. ;p
Rurree

- NekoBeat - wrote:

Not much great horror movies if I remember correctly.

There are lots of great action movies like Sword of the Stranger, Redline, Akira, etc. but my favorite has to be Kara no Kyoukai.

For romance, there's Whisper of the Heart (which is my favorite Ghibli movie), 5 Centimeters Per Second(although you might have watched it already and IT IS overrated), The Place Promised From Our Early Days, Garden of Words, and Laputa: Castle in the Sky.
tforthylacine
Looking for an anime like Akame ga Kill or Tokyo Kyushu.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/tforthylacine
GoldenYukiVTW
something with cute lolis >o</
The Gambler
Gosick
PlasticMemor

GoldenYukiVTW wrote:

something with cute lolis >o</
Black Bullet
CaptainH
Something without nakama power.
Raesboudn

CaptainH wrote:

Something without nakama power.
So basically anything but Shounen? Unless you need action in your Chinese cartoons, just watch the Aria series. Otherwise, maybe Parasyte?
Otaku One
Shoujo Ai, Yuri.
Or just Comedy and Slice of Life.
Or just Cute girls doing cute things.
Or just a sad anime (with a little comedy.).
Or maybe an anime like Higurashi no Naku koro ni.

Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/OtakuOne

Thanks.

Bye.

Des.
Raesboudn
I took a quick look at your list and while it seems you have already watched or plan to watch most of the anime I had in mind, there are a still a few others you might consider trying.

Otaku One wrote:

- Barakamon

Super fun characters, nice relaxing atmosphere. Probably one of the most well received anime of 2014. You should check it out, really.

- Hanasaku Iroha

Amusing, relaxing, nice to look at, with its fair share of cute girls and some drama here and there. Really good stuff, overall.

- Tamako Market/Tamako Love Story

The TV series is a pretty standard comedy/slice of life anime that may be enjoyable or boring depending on whether you warm up to the characters and/or dig KyoAni designs. Tamako Love Story on the other hand is a pretty fantastic movie that kind of blows the TV series out of the water. If you enjoy Tamako Market, you will most likely love the movie.

I guess comedies with a simple school setting work, too? If so:

- Cromartie High School
- D-Frag!
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- GJ-bu
- Lovely Complex
- Mitsudomoe
- Pani Poni Dash
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Seitokai no Ichizon

All of these are decent/good/great comedies, most of which feature a somewhat wackier kind of humor as well as generous quantities of cute girls. Looking at your MAL list, you might enjoy them.

While not exactly comedies, Usagi Drop, So Ra No Wo To and Haibane Renmei might also be worth a watch if you're a fan of slice of life settings. Seriously, they are amazing.

Otaku One wrote:

- Honey & Clover

Mostly a comedy, but with great drama which turns it into the most bittersweet anime I've ever seen. You should watch this. :<
Otaku One

Raesboudn wrote:

I took a quick look at your list and while it seems you have already watched or plan to watch most of the anime I had in mind, there are a still a few others you might consider trying.

Otaku One wrote:

- Barakamon

Super fun characters, nice relaxing atmosphere. Probably one of the most well received anime of 2014. You should check it out, really.

- Hanasaku Iroha

Amusing, relaxing, nice to look at, with its fair share of cute girls and some drama here and there. Really good stuff, overall.

- Tamako Market/Tamako Love Story

The TV series is a pretty standard comedy/slice of life anime that may be enjoyable or boring depending on whether you warm up to the characters and/or dig KyoAni designs. Tamako Love Story on the other hand is a pretty fantastic movie that kind of blows the TV series out of the water. If you enjoy Tamako Market, you will most likely love the movie.

I guess comedies with a simple school setting work, too? If so:

- Cromartie High School
- D-Frag!
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- GJ-bu
- Lovely Complex
- Mitsudomoe
- Pani Poni Dash
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Seitokai no Ichizon

All of these are decent/good/great comedies, most of which feature a somewhat wackier kind of humor as well as generous quantities of cute girls. Looking at your MAL list, you might enjoy them.

While not exactly comedies, Usagi Drop, So Ra No Wo To and Haibane Renmei might also be worth a watch if you're a fan of slice of life settings. Seriously, they are amazing.

Otaku One wrote:

- Honey & Clover

Mostly a comedy, but with great drama which turns it into the most bittersweet anime I've ever seen. You should watch this. :<
Thanks!

Gonna watch it all later and pull out an all-nighter! and probably look for a new waifu.
FappySticks
Ideally pure romance although i know that is all but a myth. Basically an anime like shoujo that revolves around a couple instead of five other irrelevant characters for the sake of fan service.
Apple-san
Anime:Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Psychological, Thriller
Kiririn-shin

FappySticks wrote:

Ideally pure romance although i know that is all but a myth. Basically an anime like shoujo that revolves around a couple instead of five other irrelevant characters for the sake of fan service.
Try Ore Monogatari and Kare Kano
The Gambler
Kare Kano is amazing.

For a pure romance standpoint.
show more