forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kiririn-shin

FappySticks wrote:

Ideally pure romance although i know that is all but a myth. Basically an anime like shoujo that revolves around a couple instead of five other irrelevant characters for the sake of fan service.
Try Ore Monogatari and Kare Kano
The Gambler
Kare Kano is amazing.

For a pure romance standpoint.
FappySticks

Kiririn-shin wrote:

FappySticks wrote:

Ideally pure romance although i know that is all but a myth. Basically an anime like shoujo that revolves around a couple instead of five other irrelevant characters for the sake of fan service.
Try Ore Monogatari and Kare Kano
Yeah ore monogatari male MC is sex
BirdyThePhoenix
So I'm looking for something tragic or sad. Pyschological, drama
Some things that I have watched that I would put in that category are Mawaru Penguindrum and Your Lie in April.
Annex

BirdyThePhoenix wrote:

Some things that I have watched that I would put in that category are Mawaru Penguindrum and Your Lie in April.
Have you tried Death Parade?
Hacccchan
im trying really hard to not say boku no pico but it's not working
lovetap
The person asked for a movie, man. Not a series. ;p
oh wow oops (i know i'm three months late :P)
Cylwie
Just finished Hunter x Hunter (both 1999 and 2011). Anyone knows any similar anime like it? I'm having hard time finding a new anime D:
R-unknown

Cylwie wrote:

Just finished Hunter x Hunter (both 1999 and 2011). Anyone knows any similar anime like it? I'm having hard time finding a new anime D:
i have a mainstream answer : One Piece
or you can wacth World Trigger and Magi
all of it is action genre and contain friendships
memecena

mathexpert wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for good slice of life/comedy/school anime? Things like MM!, Kannagi, K-On!, etc.
himouto umaru chan
Kyoobies

BirdyThePhoenix wrote:

Have you tried Madoka Magica? That show is phenomenal, and quite tragic. ^^
Kyoobies

memecena wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions for good slice of life/comedy/school anime? Things like MM!, Kannagi, K-On!, etc.
himouto umaru chan
Some other good slice of life shows are
Lucky Star if you want something straightforward and classic,
Hidamari Sketch if you want something immersive and realistic,
and Nichijou if you want something crazy-nonsensical.
Mogsy

you're both grounded
Kyoobies

Mogsworth wrote:

you're both grounded
Oh lol no wonder I couldn't find the original post a page or two back to reply to that.

Whoops, I'll go sit over there now... :o
Meah
I missed out lots of animes from the last two seasons because of my job, can someone recommend me some very good RomComs released from these past two seasons?
Navizel
I don't think "romcom" and "good" can be in a same sentence

there's Akagami no Shirayukihime for a good romance though.
EneT
Can someone suggest me any good anime that came out this spring season? I haven't been watching anything apart from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Cristobal

EneT wrote:

Can someone suggest me any good anime that came out this spring season? I haven't been watching anything apart from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Bersek 2016 is a excelent choice to watch this spring, enjoy these anime 'cause is very funny!
Raiken-

EneT wrote:

Spring is the season which just finished, right? I suggest you to watch Boku no Hero Academia.

It's pretty good, I was just only know the manga, but when I finished watching the anime, I was kind of excited and now, I currently am following up the manga, It's pretty fun and good.

There are some more good animes in that season though, any spesific genres you liked?
Quinten
Is there anything hyped airing now?
I haven't watched anine in a few months and I'm interesting in watching something!
Raiken-

Quinten wrote:

I haven't watched anine in a few months and I'm interesting in watching something!
Shokugeki no Souma second season is currently on going in this summer. It's kinda hyping to be honest.
Planning to watch it?
Lince Cosmico_old
Can someone suggest me an anime like Danganronpa? (with that genres.. like mistery, etc)
Navizel
any Satoshi Kon anime
Adder

Lince Cosmico wrote:

Can someone suggest me an anime like Danganronpa? (with that genres.. like mistery, etc)
The most similar is Persona 4 the Animation, its originality is also a video game
Quinten

Raiken- wrote:

Quinten wrote:

Shokugeki no Souma second season is currently on going in this summer. It's kinda hyping to be honest.
Planning to watch it?
Ya, I watched season 1 and I am up-to-date with the manga. I enjoy the manga quite a lot!
I was looking for something that I haven't seen or read yet.
Here is my list if you're interested to see what I've watched.
Lince Cosmico_old

Adder wrote:

Lince Cosmico wrote:

The most similar is Persona 4 the Animation, its originality is also a video game
thanks
V-drift
If i may suggest something, I would like to suggest Mekakucity Actors.

I would also suggest those who enjoys card games to watch Cardfight Vanguard, and maybe Buddyfight too.
Shoutoshi
Girls und Panzer. has prefect sleeper girl Mako as great wafu. plus she also wehrs headband so +100
WhisperOfLight
Hello everyone! Can you suggest me something like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) or Elfen Lied (like psychological horror or detective)?
EneT

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

Hello everyone! Can you suggest me something like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) or Elfen Lied (like psychological horror or detective)?
I suggest watching Monster but it's pretty long with 74 episodes.
If you want to watch something shorter and you're into the gruesome, bloody shit then you may probably like Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne.
WhisperOfLight

EneT wrote:

Vse_Bude_Dobre wrote:

I suggest watching Monster but it's pretty long with 74 episodes.
If you want to watch something shorter and you're into the gruesome, bloody shit then you may probably like Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne.

Thank you!
Osurne
I have seen "The legendary Gambler Tetsuya", Kaiji, akagi, any other gambling anime like these? I enjoy these shows a lot actually
PremiumShiny
There's alot of hype over ReZero, and in my opinion, watch the freaking S out of it. You wont regret it
KapengBarako
Y'all need to watch Heavy Object.
Navizel

PremiumShiny wrote:

There's alot of hype over ReZero, and in my opinion, watch the freaking S out of it. You wont regret it
>tfw I did
It's a tryhard Steins;Gate. Subaru is unlikable.
EneT

Navizel wrote:

Subaru is unlikable.
Dat episode when he's whining like a lil' bitch to the white haired girl lol beta fag
Rurree
While I may not watch anime anymore, my favorite anime still haven't lost their charm. I'd recommend it to anyone, but frankly, it's not for everyone. Gintama, Nodame Cantabile, and Shirobako I think are the only shows that are easy to watch?

Agatsu
new game
FadillSan
Anyone here watch Love Live ? :D That's good anime for me :D
FadillSan
A is also a great anime, berceritakan about a guy Arima Kousei pianist who stopped playing since his mother's death. Until the arrival of a girl violinist Miyazono Kaori finally made Arima play the piano again. This anime has a sad ending. :'(
show more