forum

Shirokami Project Skin (by ryusakihatsue)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

25/04/15 Shiropro Skin has reached 1K DOWNLOADS :O wasn't expecting that... Thank you everyone ^.^

creator's comments
hi there! o/ this is my first skin ( to be posted >.< ) Shirokami Project (shiropro) is a series by my favourite artist, Mishima Kurone, and I made this skin because her art is so awesome and I'd like to share it with everyone (*^▽^*)

Skin: [complete] for standard and ctb

I have not gained approval for some skin elements so I will not be releasing the download till then ・゜・(ノД`) real sorry about that
update: i've not gotten any reply for the past 4-5 days so i'm thinking of going to find replacements for those skin elements :3
*i haven't gotten any hitsounds ;-; and i'm not sure if i should (?)

for now, here are some

14.3.15 SHIROKAMI PROJECT SKIN HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!! :DDD

screenshots:
STANDARD
selection
main menu

menu selection

mod selection
gameplay
skip

go!

gameplay

pause

fail

section pass/fail + spinner
spinner

section pass

section fail
comboburst and rankings
comboburst

results:

ranking

CTB:

alternatives
menu selection

beatmap options

fail 1

fail 2

section fail 2

section pass

section fail

changelog
(・∀・)13.3.15
Touched up the selection buttons and pause/fail screens
(・∀・)14.3.15
Released Shiropro Skin! :D
Fixed bad quality of pause and fail backgrounds 8-)
Added new backgrounds (pause/fail + menu)
Changed combo colours <3
(・∀・)22.3.15
Fixed bad quality of main menu background
Added more alternatives (added new cursor!)
Changed default pause and fail backgrounds
(・∀・)29.3.15
Added video

download (last updated: 22.3.15 - 12:30 UTC)
Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/?xiiy4a4appm72ma
*take note of missing hit100k.png, duplicate hit100.png and rename it to hit100k.png

name changer
hopefully this thing works as I want it to but tell me if it doesn't because it may be different as I am using a macbook :P
please make sure you have a program that can open and edit .psd files before you download this or it won't work ^^

Puush
http://puu.sh/gzfJX/49a8c128bb.zip

credits
KukiMonster for his awesome score numbers (*^ワ^*)

Thank you Hitouh for supporter tag~
Suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
lit120
For the text in pause-retry, resume, replay and back, you need to change it into something viewable. 2 options for you to use the style: Solid (gradient + stroke) or Neon (glow effect using Outer Glow)
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

lit120 wrote:

For the text in pause-retry, resume, replay and back, you need to change it into something viewable. 2 options for you to use the style: Solid (gradient + stroke) or Neon (glow effect using Outer Glow)

Ahh seems like I forgot about that (i wanted to edit it but I forgot HAHAHAHA) thanks <3

EDIT: updated.
tarora
wooooooooooo Looks amazing!!!
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

tarora wrote:

wooooooooooo Looks amazing!!!
hehe tq
i'm afraid i can't post the dl yet, as i stiilll havent gotten permission... well i'll be off (gg overseas) so cya guys in 4-5 days and i'll be sure to update ;v
<3
Don Warudo
PLS , I WANT THIS SKIN .q.
One of best skin for me :D
fat pear
This is the worst skin ever. When will you people stop using anime girls in your skin? I'm sick and tired of it.
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

Wardarck wrote:

PLS , I WANT THIS SKIN .q.
One of best skin for me :D
Hehe thanks for the support! Will be back soon and updating... :3
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

[ microism ] wrote:

This is the worst skin ever. When will you people stop using anime girls in your skin? I'm sick and tired of it.
Hi, sorry that this skin isn't to your liking... Why don't you look for other skins that you like on the forum instead? Hope you find one that you'd like soon ^^
ef Darkiee
Looks great ! Ill be looking forward to a download link ^.^
Storb
Any screenshots of actual gameplay (with notes, sliders, and spinners)?
Rio-
o.o

Finally someone made skin based from mishima kurone's artworks
good job :3 b
trebby

[ microism ] wrote:

I really hope this is a troll.
lit120

[ microism ] wrote:

if you think that you really hate this skin with a reason, don't try to reply. you can find other skins rather than that. simple right?
SolLess
Interesting looking skin :], hope to see more like spinners and hit circles. ^^
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

Rio- wrote:

o.o

Finally someone made skin based from mishima kurone's artworks
good job :3 b
EHEHEHEHEHEHEH
Mishima Kurone FTW <3

And thanks for the support guys ^^
I didn't upload any screenshots of the gameplay Bc that's where the borrowed skin elements are ._.
(But I forgot to upload the spinner oops, but anyways it's pretty badly done so I think I will touch it up)

Cya guys soon :3
- MagicCool -
Great Skin :3
Fleuret
I noticed that your pause and fail background are up-scaled and that the black side bars are appearing on the side in the screenshots, so I assume you're using default image source itself without any touch ups or that it wasn't resized to fit the entire window.

If you want to cover the entire window, then naturally you'll have to upscale it which causes a large issue if the default image you're working with is small and you want HD support. If I remember correctly if you want SD and HD support you'd want 1366X768 for SD and 2732X1536 for HD. There is a cushion though regarding the quality loss. Photoshops up-scaling is bad as the quality loss is very noticeable especially when you're up-scaling an image more than twice its size so I found a better program for this which is Perfect Resize (google it. use the trial version). Of course if you still want to use Photoshop still then that's fine but you'll have to do more work. Generally up-scaling is a last resort if you cant find any that's big enough.
I'll be using this picture as an example:
The picture itself is less than half the size required for HD so you'll have to upscale it. The picture is 1000X731 and if you want widescreen SD then you'll need 1366X768. The impact with up-scaling it isn't really much so there's not much to worry about. But let's say you want HD since your screenshots look like you want HD. So now it'll be up-scaled almost 3 times its size since it needs to be 2732X1536.

So now you either use Perfect Resize (not perfect but better than Photoshop at least) or stick with Photoshop/GIMP or whatever program you use and up-scale it to 2732X1536. You'll notice that the quality loss is huge (obviously). If you used Perfect Resize then make sure to tick "edit as copy" so it'll save it as a .psd file and you can open it with Photoshop afterwards. You may have to cut some of the excess canvas size after up-scaling so it'll be 2732X1536.

The rest is up to your Photoshopping skills. If you have Topaz Labs (Topaz Clean, Denoise, and adjust) then those help a lot.
I did a quick adjustment. Since it's HD pause then we'll name it pause-overlay@2x.png.
I had to save it as jpg since the size for png was 21 mb and would take forever to load. I only did a quick touch up so the quality can be better but this is where the quality loss is very noticable. That's fine. Assuming that just about 98% of the people here don't have a resolution of 2732X1536 and at most 1920X1080 then osu! will downscale the image and the quality should be better.

If you want to go ahead and use or test the quick image touch up then it's here. It has the SD and HD sizes.

Long comment is long.
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-
@.@ fleuret thanks for typing such a long message >~<
I'm new at skinning so I don't really have much experience so I'm really grateful for the tips <3 will do it tomorrow night when I get back on my com
Thank you so much for the really helpful message (feel so lucky to have someone who typed such a long message to help me hehe. )
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-
Hey guys! here's a little update:

I haven't gotten a reply from WWW to use his default numbers and followpoint so i think I'll be making replacements for them while waiting...

will upload the download soon? hopefully (´∀`)

p.s. anyone knows where to get good sounds? i havent done sounds at all ;-;
Fleuret
t/254842
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=26029
t/15407/start=45

Some of them look active still. Anyways it looks like your skin would be nice with light sounds maybe like a piano/bubble sounds perhaps.
The piano sound pack here has a lot of options. http://beatproduction.net/sound-kits/piano-sound-kit/
The site looks like it has a lot of things to choose from. Other than that, just google "something sound pack/ sfx".
You can always use Audacity to edit the sound files.
Another way is if you already have something like a Visual Novel installed. You can mute the background music and record the sound effects/ character voices.
HTTkeion
Love it!
show more