forum

(Question / Help) Is hidden a good way to learn to stream?

posted
Total Posts
show more
chainpullz
Secret to cheesing your way to high DT acc is to just play the map OD11 until you fc it then switch to the real version.

Or just use nightcore with music set to 0%
Kunino Sagiri

Khelly wrote:

You should rethink the term "mashing". I just had bad timing and acc. It's not randomly alternating everything. Do you want one of my replays from back then?
I don't really know if FC'ing things with bad acc is considered "bad timing", you're hitting them so you're consistently within the requirement for that sweet 300. And nah, I'm fine.
Yuudachi-kun

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Khelly wrote:

You should rethink the term "mashing". I just had bad timing and acc. It's not randomly alternating everything. Do you want one of my replays from back then?
I don't really know if FC'ing things is considered "bad timing", you're hitting them so you're consistently within the requirement for that sweet 300. And nah, I'm fine.
What? You don't know if having 90% acc on Fc's is bad timing?

Here have an almost fc.

Fucking od7 too.
Kunino Sagiri
I wish I had that talent :|
Nabel_old_1

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I don't really know if FC'ing things with bad acc is considered "bad timing", you're hitting them so you're consistently within the requirement for that sweet 300. And nah, I'm fine.
http://puu.sh/n9VUV/e19a7d2fb2.png Am I a masher? :( all my 5 star fcs are shit acc :/ (dem A rank fcs gotta love them) Streams always destroy my acc if they are out of my comfort zone. But streamy maps are the only 5 star maps I can fc feelsbad.
DeathHydra

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

I don't really know if FC'ing things with bad acc is considered "bad timing", you're hitting them so you're consistently within the requirement for that sweet 300.
It is bad timing. Hitting too early is bad timing right?

Not always bad timing though. Sometimes I have bad acc because I misread 1 part (like Khelly did on his replay, I think he misread the beginning? Not sure) and getting 50s and 100s but the combo doesn't break.

I'm more or less similar to Khelly, bad timing (idk, I feel like i hit the circles at the right timing most of the time yet still many 100s).
KanoSet
i couldn't stream 180 bpm when i was 11k
Yuudachi-kun
That's because you never practiced.
N0thingSpecial

Khelly wrote:

Holy shit why didn't I think of that, Khelly you da real mvp
KanoSet

Khelly wrote:

aye aye
Mvsk
If you are getting a whole string of 100's or 50's then you are either starting the stream a little too early or a little too late. You could have your mind STUCK focused thinking that 1 sound in the song could be the start of the stream when it could be something else. I suggest watching some replays on whichever map you're working on.

I would also suggest to NOT do slower streams. If you're like me when it comes to streams (and it sounds like you are) it's much easier to do faster ones. Play some stream maps and when you find a fit that is good for your natural speed work on that map. When you can consistently do well at your natural stream speed then you can lower it or speed it up with new maps.

My top ranks don't really show it but ever since 2 - 2.5 stars a year ago i could stream quite well. But that doesn't really matter when you aren't fluent in AR9, squares, triangles, jumps etc
silento

Mvsk wrote:

If you are getting a whole string of 100's or 50's then you are either starting the stream a little too early or a little too late. You could have your mind STUCK focused thinking that 1 sound in the song could be the start of the stream when it could be something else. I suggest watching some replays on whichever map you're working on.

I would also suggest to NOT do slower streams. If you're like me when it comes to streams (and it sounds like you are) it's much easier to do faster ones. Play some stream maps and when you find a fit that is good for your natural speed work on that map. When you can consistently do well at your natural stream speed then you can lower it or speed it up with new maps.

My top ranks don't really show it but ever since 2 - 2.5 stars a year ago i could stream quite well. But that doesn't really matter when you aren't fluent in AR9, squares, triangles, jumps etc
Except none of your top ranks are streamy on the slightest? Also ~1k pp and call yourself good at streaming? I'm at 1.9k pp and even though streaming/stamina is my strength, I'm sure I'm not good at it.

Sorry, but I'm skeptical here.
Mahogany
Streams hardly even exist at the 1k pp level, lol. At best they're talking about like 120bpm shortstreams or something, which really says nothing for streaming ability.
DeathHydra
Probably he categorized 5 1/4 notes as streaming
Sayorie
I'm 2.3k pp and all I experienced were jumps, triples, and just more patterns. No stream-heavy maps so far.

Maybe I should just play more maps. Maybe I should not be here in this thread, too.
Yolshka

Arthraxium wrote:

I'm 2.3k pp and all I experienced were jumps, triples, and just more patterns. No stream-heavy maps so far.

Maybe I should just play more maps. Maybe I should not be here in this thread, too.

Unless I'm failing to see something, I'm pretty sure you've encountered some streams, or shortstreams at least by now.From my experience they are just as common around this rank,maybe you just don't remember.
Either that or I have no idea what streams are.
Sh0keR
Try to control your tapping speed, slower streams are harder but it's hard to control your speed
Sayorie

Arthraxium wrote:

Exceptions probably are like Rubik's Cube 7x7x7 or some medium length streams (15-20 notes). I don't play maps with lots of 20+ note streams.
chainpullz

Mahogany wrote:

Streams hardly even exist at the 1k pp level, lol. At best they're talking about like 120bpm shortstreams or something, which really says nothing for streaming ability.
128bpm streams are scary dude.
DeathHydra

chainpullz wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

That map is not for 1k pp though.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

Give me this map
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

Give me this map
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/394808 <One of the few HW maps I actually enjoy
^Not very friendly to single tapping unfortunately. Screenshot was ar6 cs5.2 (to give an appreciation of what +HR does to the map). Props if you can actually single tap fc it though regardless of acc I guess.
Yuudachi-kun
I'll try later today. It looks fun and is less than 260 so I can't imagine it being worse than choppers singletap.
Mahogany

chainpullz wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

You mean 256bpm singletaps :^)
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Give me this map
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/394808 <One of the few HW maps I actually enjoy
^Not very friendly to single tapping unfortunately. Screenshot was ar6 cs5.2 (to give an appreciation of what +HR does to the map). Props if you can actually single tap fc it though regardless of acc I guess.
The parts you highlighted in the screenshot (Assuming nomod and not cs 5.2) were actually the easier parts to singletap in the song. There's a few others that are hard to read which makes them a lot harder imo.

Good reading and singletap map overall. 7/10

Still doesn't beat https://osu.ppy.sh/b/316018
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

The parts you highlighted in the screenshot (Assuming nomod and not cs 5.2) were actually the easier parts to singletap in the song. There's a few others that are hard to read which makes them a lot harder imo.

Good reading and singletap map overall. 7/10

Still doesn't beat https://osu.ppy.sh/b/316018
Yeah, those 2 maps + boys be stand up are like the only HW maps I can be assed to play tbh. I figured those streams would actually be one of the easier things for you to single tap tbh because that type of thing shows up all the time in 260bpm old maps but the other sections are why the only HR fc's are by players known for their alternating/aim spook.
Yuudachi-kun
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/92780

Too bad older maps like this seem to have been lost to time. It's real good practice too. I think it should be ar 9.5 but whatever
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/92780

Too bad older maps like this seem to have been lost to time. It's real good practice too. I think it should be ar 9.5 but whatever
Tbh technical maps have gotten better over the years but that also means they tend to be worse for single tap practice. Low bpm low star maps seem to have gotten progressively worse though as people have gotten lazy. It might just be the fact that I don't follow unranked maps in that range but I feel like evilelvis is the only person consistently pushing out quality maps in that department these days.