01:03:469 - d

01:05:556 - d

01:13:904 - k

01:27:469 ~ 01:27:599 - k d k d

01:35:556 ~ 01:35:947 - ^

01:38:686 ~ 01:39:208 - K d d K
(it is maybe hard to muzu user...?)

[General]

HP 8,7 are too hard i think (Kantan,Futsuu)
(change to 4,5 ?)

change to HP 4 (Muzukashi)

Very good map :)
Good Luck!
Sync
8-)
Yuzeyun
I'm holding a mod sale "by nominators, for nominators, of nominators!"

you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin

[Kantan]
00:02:686 (4,5,6,7) - The current pattern sounds pretty weird - the last note as k threw me off when listening again to the chart. Change to k d k d or something of the same kind ?
00:19:381 (4,5,6,7,8) - Same goes here, although I'd ask for kkd for the end.
00:56:947 (67,68,69,70) - Having this sequence and a 4/1 gap here at 00:58:512 (71,72) - is pretty awkward - you usually have your break at the end of a phrase.
01:19:382 (12,13,14,15,16,17) - Change this to have a slight difference with 01:15:208 (6,7,8,9,10,11) - ?
01:27:208 (25) - 01:35:556 (40) - idk, but when I delete them they have a better feeling. Might be me just having problems in my head. Maybe give it a try to see if you like it ?

[Futsuu]
00:31:121 (71) - Even though this note lands on something, it's pretty awkward considering the rhythms you use through this part.
00:56:425 (141,142,143,144,145,146,147) - You have a lot of 7plets in this, I'd recommend deleting a note somewhere in this one - you may need a break to help.

[Muzukashii]
HP5 is really low for these few notes (~400)
01:39:730 - idk maybe a k/K would fit here

[Oni]
00:02:686 (14) - This as don was pretty weird to play.
00:19:382 (91) - same tbh

[SPINE DONER KEBAB 72G]
00:55:382 (62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78) - UR WEIRD it really doesn't fit at all, i tried this : http://i.chiyozel.com/hHqqlpFp

here's a flower to help you getting this ranked:

call raiden after you've considered mods
you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin you forgot the skin
Midnaait
I demand OD 7 for Spider Donut diff
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock

_Gezo_ wrote:

I'm holding a mod sale "by nominators, for nominators, of nominators!"

[Kantan]
00:02:686 (4,5,6,7) - The current pattern sounds pretty weird - the last note as k threw me off when listening again to the chart. Change to k d k d or something of the same kind ?
00:19:381 (4,5,6,7,8) - Same goes here, although I'd ask for kkd for the end. remapped
00:56:947 (67,68,69,70) - Having this sequence and a 4/1 gap here at 00:58:512 (71,72) - is pretty awkward - you usually have your break at the end of a phrase. its longer to be harder at the end, and the break leads into the song changing
01:19:382 (12,13,14,15,16,17) - Change this to have a slight difference with 01:15:208 (6,7,8,9,10,11) - ? no
01:27:208 (25) - 01:35:556 (40) - idk, but when I delete them they have a better feeling. Might be me just having problems in my head. Maybe give it a try to see if you like it ? yeah

[Futsuu]
00:31:121 (71) - Even though this note lands on something, it's pretty awkward considering the rhythms you use through this part. no
00:56:425 (141,142,143,144,145,146,147) - You have a lot of 7plets in this, I'd recommend deleting a note somewhere in this one - you may need a break to help. nerfed

[Muzukashii]
HP5 is really low for these few notes (~400) fix
01:39:730 - idk maybe a k/K would fit here kk

[Oni]
00:02:686 (14) - This as don was pretty weird to play. UR WEIRD
00:19:382 (91) - same tbh

[SPINE DONER KEBAB 72G]
00:55:382 (62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78) - UR WEIRD it really doesn't fit at all, i tried this : http://i.chiyozel.com/hHqqlpFp i changed the stream to fit more but still be how i want it to be
ty for the f--IN TAIKO IT'S DON OR BE KAT

Quizmaegi wrote:

[Muzukashi]
00:41:034 - k d

01:03:469 - d

01:05:556 - d

01:13:904 - k

01:27:469 ~ 01:27:599 - k d k d

01:35:556 ~ 01:35:947 - ^

01:38:686 ~ 01:39:208 - K d d K
(it is maybe hard to muzu user...?)

Changes would kinda hurt spread instead of make it easier :(

[General]

HP 8,7 are too hard i think (Kantan,Futsuu)
(change to 4,5 ?)

change to HP 4 (Muzukashi)

Nope, new rules.

Midnaait wrote:

I demand OD 7 for Spider Donut diff
tbh yeah changing to 7 since it's so easy to SS
Raiden
hi im fine nice to meet you

Re-bubbled!
lolcubes
;_;
Yuzeyun
snz

lolcubes wrote:

;_;
NEVER GIVE UP!
Yuzeyun
spare
FriendoFox
Nice :D
Surono
tunn tunenetnetn., bui dunot
snz
Gratz~
Dino99
Congratz~
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
[R]
finally
Raiden
holy shit
Charlotte
gratz :)
tasuke912
Great
newyams99
Oh, I'm late. Sorry about that xD

Congrats tho :D
Yuzeyun
Actually we're both late :D
Ozzy was tired of waiting for me so he asked you
BUT THE OPPOSITE AS WELL LOL
OnosakiHito
In all honest, I would be for a disqualification after a talk with the mapper about the difficulty name. I mean really now, what is "Spider Donut 9999G" supposed to mean? Maybe it's some kind of element from this song but this doesn't indicate anything in difficulty. True, we have the star rating and the icon which shows which difficulty is harder, but because of that, do we really have to do something like this in cost of the difficulty name? Don't know guys, to me this isn't a difficulty name and only indicates in the future to use more weird difficulty names. I still think it is the best to use the old and well working diff name system which prevents any discussions or problems in the future, too.

Inner Oni would have been absolute enough. It's up to you at the end (and maybe QATs) as we don't have such rule to prevent you of it. But that's why I appeal to your sense and reconsider it again.
Chromoxx
Do spiders have pusspuss?
Okoratu
I like that diffname, it's witty and allowed through the rc
-Sh1n1-
Gratz Ozzy~~ I know that feel, I was waiting around 4 months to rank my map u.u
MMzz
Will you rank apparition now?
Lust

Okoratu wrote:

I like that diffname, it's witty and allowed through the rc
I like it too, its unique and adds a refreshing spin to the boringness that is taiko difficulty names
OnosakiHito
That's way too subjective which lead in osu to an abnormal way of diff-name handling from time to time. I told MMzz already, if people really want this, fine. But my reason for this mention is that it is not a difficulty name at all. It doesn't indicate anything at all and animates people to go for more nonsense diff-names as we have it in osu already. What happens in osu with diff names is due to the slacky thinking of people that this isn't anything important and a way to "express their art", which is ridiculous. Because of this mindset, people write whole sentences for a diff name. I mean, really now? That's what you support? Because in your personal opinion it doesn't matter? That's exactly the mindset which will backfire later because, people will always refer to "that one case when it was alowed to have such name", while you (or QAT) can't defend yourself since your opinion isn't objective in any way, but rather a "mh, whatever" behaviour. Didn't you learn anything from the past?

Spider Donut 9999G. Why not in the next Taiko beatmap "The Dragon flys high with its wings"? Or even better, "Uncompressed Fury of a Raging Japanese Taiko God"? I can't figure out your way of thinking which would lead to support this beside personal preferences which do not follow any logical reason.

Don't get me wrong guys. Really. I'm not angry or anything like that. As I said, go your way if you really want it. But the reasoning from you is so weak, it is going into my nerfs. There is no real argumentation which would backup your opinion, beside subjective things or the hide behind the rule which allows such names. And the agurment "this is art" or "it's refreshing" doesn't make people halt to use absolutely unacceptable diff names. And if this should happen once, you have in my opinion no word anymore, since you allowed it previously. But if you still don't allow certain names next time, then you just enforce your own preferences to the mapper since you abandoned the objective thinking. And if this should happen, I will refer to this case here.

That's how I think about this situation. Call me a nazi in this matter. But I'm looking at this from a bigger picture. And if you go already for such small things the "meh, whatever" way, then I wonder what happens when the big things happen. The pure fact that MMzz ignored me isn't very respectful either and should make you guys think a bit about it.

Once again, do it your way if you really have to do it. But at least don't forget what I said and consider it.
Okoratu
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
My reasoning? Names like [Inner Oni] are boring as hell. The only reason we use them is because we're so hellbound on following the authentic games, but that's not even the diff name in the authentic games, it's just called Ura Oni BECAUSE IT'S LITERALLY INSIDE THE ONI. I've always hated the fact that we have to follow that tradition and have to add [______ Oni] for it to be valid. Having 'Oni' in two different diff names is hideous and I've always hated it. If TnT would have had a better way to showcase their 5th diff or if they didn't follow traditions like all rhythm games love to do, it'd probably be 'Kichigai' or something

Not to mention that literally no one is bothered in cases like this. I wouldn't go as far as to name every diff something dumb, but the freedom of labeling the hardest diff something different has been in osu! for the longest time and I plan to take it to taiko.
OnosakiHito

Okoratu wrote:

Intersubjectivity is the term you're talking about
That's what happened to Kantan up to Ura / Inner Oni, Ozzy. It was a cause which didn't harm anyone and made everything unified and something we use now since years. Overthrowing it now because of personal preferences I find very overbearing, and the reasons are stated above. Hiding behind a rule without taking care of the sense is more than questionable. But well, if that's how you wanna handle things I can't stop you of course. But it doesn't change the fact that the argumentation has everywhere holes just because people act for their very own preference. And that's a problem in my opinion. Especially when it goes into a bigger scale.
Okoratu
Is anyone harmed by this diffname on a bigger scale Ono?
OnosakiHito
I refer to my second post again.
Okoratu
Your reasoning goes in circles :P. One side will say "no it doesn't harm anyone" and the other side will say "this harms the quality of diffnames" and then the whole argument will take off in circles like it did when we discussed this in PM.
Nwolf
this post is not about diff names

[Spider Donut gggg9]

I just gotta ask

Why does stuff like 01:37:382 (412,413,414,415,416,417,418,419,420,421,422) - exist? It's incredibly overdone and has no real relation to the song except short notes in the song that don't even last that long. It feels like a random increase in density without anything happening in the song, additionally we have stuff like 01:35:490 (391,392,393,394,395,396,397,398,399,400) - that should be more noticeable, since that's actual 1/4 in the song and therefore more noticeable if you had no notes, yet everything here is just yet another "long" 1/4 pattern because stuff was overmapped, so you don't notice that there's a difference between equally long 1/4. It's also the only time you overmapped it this much, all other parts use normal triplets.

While we're at it, 01:15:208 - 01:23:556 - is also non-stop 1/2 while the part after this is not. The difference in how loud these parts are is VERY big though, but the mentioned part feels more powerful due to giving you no break at all. And yes you could've mapped non-stop 1/2 after that too, it would've made stuff even worse though :3. Suggestion would be to remove all dons in the mentioned parts because basically the main melody is kats.

I also think that 00:33:469 - 01:06:860 - could use a few more breaks, or at least 00:50:164 - but that's entirely different and more subjective (the 1/4 is too much here partially too though), the stuff above is more troublesome

weff
Chromoxx
advice

Pretty much all i have to say here, i don't really see any reason to make a fuss about this.
Why would you even try to enforce rules which don't exist? Anyway, it's a nice diff and the diffname is cool too, so seriously.. who cares?
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
nwolf, the stream at the end is mapped to the rising rhythm (dudududududu) leading into the big notes, simple as that. it could have been mapped something like k kkd ddk k or something, but i need to keep my image of a shitstream mapper ;)

as for that 1/2 part, yeah i guess you could see non-stop 1/2 as being more intense, but i don't lol. being slower and easier to read has much more worth as being easier at this BPM imo. as for the transition both parts go 'something with breaks -> same thing but with no breaks', so basically consistency's sake as far as variation goes.

Megpoid GUMI - Sorry For Being a Shitmapper
Nwolf
exactly, the dududuudud is 01:39:208 (428,429,430,431,432,433,434,435,436,437,438,439,440,441,442) - (I guess?) but 01:37:382 (412,413,414,415,416,417,418,419,420,421,422) - makes it seem less note-worthy. It feels very out of place in the overall map
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
it's definitely 'not worthy' of a stream (it's not 1/4 but literally so many things in the song aren't) but it's how i felt like mapping that rhythm xd
DakeDekaane

OzzyOzrock wrote:

it's definitely 'not worthy' of a stream
Then you already know what to do for that pattern >:(

About 01:15:208 - 01:23:556 - , it's perfectly fine, the rest of the song is mapped with a high density, so going full 1/2 with no breaks is not a problem, it's better to follow without interruptions the melody here, maybe just delete the 1/4 notes there to keep the melody clean.

As for the diff name, let me state my view about it. I kind of understand the difficulty name, but the problem here is that it's out of semantics with the rest of the difficulty, (imagine writing some philosophical term in your grocery list), it's odd, out of place. Since you're stubborn about it, I'd suggest to: follow the standard difficulty naming, go full custom names (I haven't completed the game so I have no idea if it's possible to fill the list with related items), or isn't just "Spider Donut" an option?

But fix the stream, please. You say it's leading into the big notes, but for the same reason, the stream somehow opaques the big notes.
show more