forum

Royal Republic - Addictive

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wafu

Desperate-kun wrote:

I wouldn't say I am a fan of the map, the rhythm is too repetetive for my taste.
Same here, it looks and plays quite repetitive, but I wouldn't consider it much of issue. As long as it doesn't make map unplayable, I'd accept it, but I don't say there are no better ways to make it variable and good to play. There are more opportunities to emphasize stuff etc. We may still consider it somehow advanced Hard than Insane, in that case, it should be still fine.

About the background, I'd firstly not say 1024x768 background that gets stretched + does have artifacts even on it's original is that cool. And second thing, song is not really about love. For example in last sentence, the guy is compared to heroin - "She said baby save me, You could be the he-hero-in me" - Basically, the song is about the dirty love where only sex is the subject. That's why why "hero-in me", they talk about something unimportant yet addictive. And honestly, hearts for love is really the only thing people can think of. What about some withered (for sad, because they talk about sort of unimportant love), orange (for crazy, because they talk about it being addictive and in fact crazy) flower or tree or anything. Heart is in my opinion too simplistic, because it doesn't say much about the song. But that's just my opinion, abstract art for this doesn't feel emphatic to me.
Topic Starter
-Nya-

Wafu wrote:

Desperate-kun wrote:

I wouldn't say I am a fan of the map, the rhythm is too repetetive for my taste.
Same here, it looks and plays quite repetitive, but I wouldn't consider it much of issue. As long as it doesn't make map unplayable, I'd accept it, but I don't say there are no better ways to make it variable and good to play. There are more opportunities to emphasize stuff etc. We may still consider it somehow advanced Hard than Insane, in that case, it should be still fine.

About the background, I'd firstly not say 1024x768 background that gets stretched + does have artifacts even on it's original is that cool. And second thing, song is not really about love. For example in last sentence, the guy is compared to heroin - "She said baby save me, You could be the he-hero-in me" - Basically, the song is about the dirty love where only sex is the subject. That's why why "hero-in me", they talk about something unimportant yet addictive. And honestly, hearts for love is really the only thing people can think of. What about some withered (for sad, because they talk about sort of unimportant love), orange (for crazy, because they talk about it being addictive and in fact crazy) flower or tree or anything. Heart is in my opinion too simplistic, because it doesn't say much about the song. But that's just my opinion, abstract art for this doesn't feel emphatic to me.
The red colour can bring out the sexiness though.
Natsu
New BG seems really low quality imo, if you search a bit more, probably you can find a better quality one

About the map it fit the music really nice, music doesn't provide too much, but the mapset is overall well done in my opinion, anyways a few suggestions:

Obsession:

1. 00:19:901 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - polygon pattern is imperfect and its bother me a bit, try to make it with the tool. Compose > create polygon circles
  2. 00:41:519 (2,3,4,5,6) - not sure about this one, but seems you tryed to make a star pattern (looks really bad) just redo the pattern with the tool
  3. 00:45:931 (6,1) - blanket is a bit off
  4. 00:52:989 instead of the pause here, you can take advantage of the song and map some slider following that noise song:
  5. 01:16:813 (3,4) - blanket can be improved
  6. 01:24:313 (4,5) - spacing is a bit too short, music is kinda strong, I'd do a jump here
  7. 01:31:372 (5,6,7) - this seems inconsistent with the before part 01:27:842 (4,5,6) - , being honest 01:27:842 (4,5,6) - follow better the music since 4 and 5 bring clicks to the claps in the music and 6 follow the active to pasive sound nicely. So consider to change the rhythm at 01:31:372 (5,6,7) to:
  8. 01:34:901 (3,4,5) - Same as above
Hard:

1. 00:52:989 same as insane
  2. 01:34:901 (3,4,5) - same thing as insane at 01:31:372 (5,6,7) (this is really inconsistent with both previous parts 01:31:371 (4,5,1) - 01:27:842 (4,5,6) -
  3. 01:49:681 (4,1) - this jumps feels really hard to get for a hard diff
Normal:

1. 01:34:901 (5) - this should be a 1/2 repeat slider, according to your two previous patterns 01:31:372 (5) - 01:27:842 (5) -
Easy:

1. 00:53:431 (1,3) - I'd use 1/1 repeat sliders instead since the beats at every downbeat are really strong and they have similar sound
about bg I think a couple image would fit better
Topic Starter
-Nya-

Natsu wrote:

New BG seems really low quality imo, if you search a bit more, probably you can find a better quality one I already PM'ed Ringating. Waiting for his reply.

About the map it fit the music really nice, music doesn't provide too much, but the mapset is overall well done in my opinion, anyways a few suggestions:

Obsession:

1. 00:19:901 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - polygon pattern is imperfect and its bother me a bit, try to make it with the tool. Compose > create polygon circles Ok, followed your suggestion.
  2. 00:41:519 (2,3,4,5,6) - not sure about this one, but seems you tryed to make a star pattern (looks really bad) just redo the pattern with the tool Made a slight change. Can't really use the tool here.
  3. 00:45:931 (6,1) - blanket is a bit off Made slight fix.
  4. 00:52:989 instead of the pause here, you can take advantage of the song and map some slider following that noise song: Ok, followed your suggestion.
  5. 01:16:813 (3,4) - blanket can be improved Made a slight change.
  6. 01:24:313 (4,5) - spacing is a bit too short, music is kinda strong, I'd do a jump here Ok, placed a jump there.
  7. 01:31:372 (5,6,7) - this seems inconsistent with the before part 01:27:842 (4,5,6) - , being honest 01:27:842 (4,5,6) - follow better the music since 4 and 5 bring clicks to the claps in the music and 6 follow the active to pasive sound nicely. So consider to change the rhythm at 01:31:372 (5,6,7) to: Fixed
  8. 01:34:901 (3,4,5) - Same as above Fixed
Hard:

1. 00:52:989 same as insane Fixed
  2. 01:34:901 (3,4,5) - same thing as insane at 01:31:372 (5,6,7) (this is really inconsistent with both previous parts 01:31:371 (4,5,1) - 01:27:842 (4,5,6) - Fixed
  3. 01:49:681 (4,1) - this jumps feels really hard to get for a hard diff Made the spacing smaller.
Normal:

1. 01:34:901 (5) - this should be a 1/2 repeat slider, according to your two previous patterns 01:31:372 (5) - 01:27:842 (5) - Fixed
Easy:

1. 00:53:431 (1,3) - I'd use 1/1 repeat sliders instead since the beats at every downbeat are really strong and they have similar sound I think my pattern fits better.
about bg I think a couple image would fit better I couldn't find any good ones that will fit in with the song.
Thanks, Natsu~! :D
I Must Decrease
I apologize if my visual comment's were taken as subjecting my stylistic choices on you. But I still would bring up the major repetitiveness of the map due to nonstop 1/2 and very little 3/4 or 1/1. There is definitely the ability for the mapper to experiment more with the rhythm. AT THE VERY LEAST, more effort towards making similar audio sounds consistent would be valuable. Same with making visual designs of similar sounding sliders better too.

As for the BG, is it not acceptable to utilize the AMV as a part of the mapset (aka use it as a video) therefore warranting the BG?
riffy
AMVs are not related to the song. Forcing random anime BG while referring to the AMV makes no sense.

Yes, this could use more experiments with the beats to bring some variety, but it's impossible to introduce those in a proper way wihout changing the mapper's style, which should never be done unless the mapper wants to. This song has a right to be mapped this way and there is no need to force the sryle change.
Sieg
@-Nya- Maybe you can add video from AMV? like in this set https://osu.ppy.sh/s/143897
Topic Starter
-Nya-

Sieg wrote:

@-Nya- Maybe you can add video from AMV? like in this set https://osu.ppy.sh/s/143897
I have the vid. I may not add it. Check Bakari's first post. I also asked pereira and he said no.
Sieg
oh, well... overdoing as usual, anime is PG-13 and treating 2 pics with pills as drug abuse :/
also they can be censored
Rizia
everything should be fine now
rebubbled
Iceskulls
ok
Topic Starter
-Nya-
Yay~ Thanks! :)
Qiyana
I am a kid trying to impersonate a BN. Lol. The mistake stuff btw. The chorus lyrics are very weird if you listen carefully..

[General]
If I was a BN, I would probably pop your:

I'm pretty sure 01:53:431 (1) - should end over 01:56:960 in each diff.

[Easy]
00:12:842 (3,4,1) - This isn't properly distance snapped.
00:21:666 (1) - I recommend you put it more like:

01:37:548 (5) - This sounds like there should be an NC here.

[Normal]
00:36:445 (2) - I think you should remove this as it sounds better.
00:39:092 (7) - ^
01:03:798 (6) - ^
01:21:445 (7) - lol. ^
01:40:857 (4) - ^
01:49:901 (1,2) - These are kind of irrelevant to earliers patterns. I know this is the most highlighted part of the map but it doesn't seem right.

I don't do no hard stuff.
snz
-
riffy

Dyl-Byl wrote:

I am a kid trying to impersonate a BN. Lol. The mistake stuff btw. The chorus lyrics are very weird if you listen carefully..

[General]

I'm pretty sure 01:53:431 (1) - should end over 01:56:960 in each diff. the guitar still fades and I believe that this is exactly what Nya wants to show with the spinner being so long

[Easy]
00:12:842 (3,4,1) - This isn't properly distance snapped. Assuming that you mean x0.01 difference I have to say that this is too minor to cause any troubles while reading\playing.
00:21:666 (1) - I recommend you put it more like: why?
01:37:548 (5) - This sounds like there should be an NC here. That'd hurt the mapper's combo pattern, I am sure that it is just fine without the NC.

[Normal]
00:36:445 (2) - I think you should remove this as it sounds better. Why? the mapper follows their rhythm in a consistent way and the 1/2 beats here help them to support difficulty on the necessary level
00:39:092 (7) - ^
01:03:798 (6) - ^
01:21:445 (7) - lol. ^
01:40:857 (4) - ^
01:49:901 (1,2) - These are kind of irrelevant to earliers patterns. I know this is the most highlighted part of the map but it doesn't seem right. Offer an alternative, then?

I don't do no hard stuff.
Care to explain things properly, if you want this to be disqualified.
Topic Starter
-Nya-
Lol! This song isn't very popular I guess.

@Bakari: Thanks for the support~
-Kanzaki
gratz
Iceskulls

Dyl-Byl wrote:

[General]

I'm pretty sure 01:53:431 (1) - should end over 01:56:960 in each diff. :arrow: no the intention of the mapper here I believe is to emphasis on the fade out of the guitar with the spinner there and I don't think that's a valid reason to pop or w/e lol

[Easy]
00:12:842 (3,4,1) - This isn't properly distance snapped. :arrow: it's already consistent ds now o.o
01:37:548 (5) - This sounds like there should be an NC here. :arrow: kinda make the nc pattern a bit inconsistent tho lol and I don't see it really need to nc cus beat isn't that dominant or something , I believe
others thing that I didn't reply are like subjective things imo
Qiyana
If there's one thing I like, it's reactions. This was a prank that my friend from school told me to do. He told me to act like a noob in any game. Like I said before, I like reactions. Now, i'm going to react to myself.

Dyl-Byl wrote:

I am a kid trying to impersonate a BN. I impersonate people all the time! Lol. The mistake stuff btw. The chorus lyrics are very weird if you listen carefully.. Lol

[General]
I love wubble bubbles. The ads say they never pop so I wanted to really see reactions to this.
I'm pretty sure 01:53:431 (1) - should end over 01:56:960 in each diff. Get real, any noob would spot this.

[Easy]
00:12:842 (3,4,1) - This isn't properly distance snapped. Well ya, there may be such thing as an experienced nub. Rigghhh?
00:21:666 (1) - I recommend you put it more like:
Who doesn't like shapes like these?
01:37:548 (5) - This sounds like there should be an NC here. Noobs always go for that so I decided that I should play along as a noob and keep on going off topic.

[Normal]
00:36:445 (2) - I think you should remove this as it sounds better. lol. I did this just for fun.
00:39:092 (7) - ^ ^
01:03:798 (6) - ^ ^
01:21:445 (7) - lol. ^ ^
01:40:857 (4) - ^ ^
01:49:901 (1,2) - These are kind of irrelevant to earliers patterns. I know this is the most highlighted part of the map but it doesn't seem right. Banana.
See, I got so many good reactions. Even one from Bakari. Lol. Now i'm out!
riggah
I'm addicted to this map.
Qiyana

riggah wrote:

I'm addicted to this map.
lol. laughing so hard.