posted
Total Posts
show more
Satellite
:D :D :D
Karen
神曲
meii18
Congratulation on qualify Narcissu! But I want to mention something about what I've found on this mapset

Treasure:
04:08:045(2,3)- The vocal are intensive and stronger as I can see but the spacing was decreased here if I'm not wrong which means that they doesn't emphasize the stronger vocals here.For emphasizing the vocals' intesify,you have to increase the spacing here as you did at 04:13:499(3,4)- for example
04:27:475(2,3)- A jump would be better here in my opinion because on 04:27:815(3)- the flute is going to be intensive here and also the other instruments as I can see and they need some emphasis having a little jump here
04:28:497(4,1)- The instruments are going to be intensive here especially the flute but I don't see any little jump here to emphasize the stronger and intensive instruments so to emphasize them I mean their intensify you have to increase the spacing I mean to have a little jump instead using an antijump which doesn't emphasize the stronger instruments
04:35:655(2,3)- On 04:35:996(3)- , the cymbals(the drums) are going to intensify here but comparing with other patterns like which have jump I mean which emphasize the stronger cymbals(drums) , on this pattern you didn't increase the spacing here to emphasize the stronger cymbals.Increasing the spacing here and having a little jump for emphasizing the stronger cymbals I mean drums wouldn't hurt at all
05:40:692(3,4,5)- The vocals are intensive here but I see that you used an antijump which doesn't emphasize the stronger vocals and their intensify at all.For emphasizing the vocals' intensify,you have to increase the spacing here so you will have a jump instead of antijump which doesn't emphasize the stronger vocals

Just throwing my opinion here about what I've found on this mapset.Let's see what will happen.
Gratz again anyway
riffy
Let's find out if that's actually so!

Please adress suggestions posted by ByBy13.
Koiyuki

ByBy13 wrote:

Let's see what will happen.
Do reply the mod then I may help it back after my exam finished. :)
Karen
Can't agree with ByBy.
But i suggest the mapper to fix what Okoratu pointed out: ↓

Okoratu wrote:

02:45:554 (1) - 03:40:094 (1) - 03:51:001 (1,2) - although technically fine they don't seem to fit the overall concept of your map before the break

otherwise a map like this is quite refreshing, thank you for making it
Topic Starter
Narcissu

Okoratu wrote:

02:45:554 (1) - 03:40:094 (1) - 03:51:001 (1,2) - although technically fine they don't seem to fit the overall concept of your map before the break

otherwise a map like this is quite refreshing, thank you for making it
ye i think 1/2 is best …… but the song refrain too much , i want to do different Orz

Minakami Yuki wrote:

ByBy13 wrote:

Let's see what will happen.
Do reply the mod then I may help it back after my exam finished. :)
i will reply even if i I don't want to …… i don't know why here you are …… but thx your support ;w;
Topic Starter
Narcissu

ByBy13 wrote:

Congratulation on qualify Narcissu! But I want to mention something about what I've found on this mapset

Treasure:
04:08:045(2,3)- The vocal are intensive and stronger as I can see but the spacing was decreased here if I'm not wrong which means that they doesn't emphasize the stronger vocals here.For emphasizing the vocals' intesify,you have to increase the spacing here as you did at 04:13:499(3,4)- for example
04:27:475(2,3)- A jump would be better here in my opinion because on 04:27:815(3)- the flute is going to be intensive here and also the other instruments as I can see and they need some emphasis having a little jump here
04:28:497(4,1)- The instruments are going to be intensive here especially the flute but I don't see any little jump here to emphasize the stronger and intensive instruments so to emphasize them I mean their intensify you have to increase the spacing I mean to have a little jump instead using an antijump which doesn't emphasize the stronger instruments
04:35:655(2,3)- On 04:35:996(3)- , the cymbals(the drums) are going to intensify here but comparing with other patterns like which have jump I mean which emphasize the stronger cymbals(drums) , on this pattern you didn't increase the spacing here to emphasize the stronger cymbals.Increasing the spacing here and having a little jump for emphasizing the stronger cymbals I mean drums wouldn't hurt at all
05:40:692(3,4,5)- The vocals are intensive here but I see that you used an antijump which doesn't emphasize the stronger vocals and their intensify at all.For emphasizing the vocals' intensify,you have to increase the spacing here so you will have a jump instead of antijump which doesn't emphasize the stronger vocals

Just throwing my opinion here about what I've found on this mapset.Let's see what will happen.
Gratz again anyway
i use bad flow emphasize the some beat and syncopated , dotted rhythms . central symmetry , geometry cause people's attention too , jump not always the best choice . and i did not follow the voice where you point out…… could you understand my intentions before you mod ?

your mod wish me add jump all beat …… it's too boring and dull . the beautiful song like a fertile land , i plant narcissus on it , you turn it into a factory
Koiyuki
a beautiful song doesnt need such emphasis on vocals or beats, just follow it, and just enjoy.
if you keep your mind on "putting jumps on strong beat" blablabla, most of the maps should be remapped lol

checked and seems all fine to me
rebubbled #1
ZZHBOY
proper reasons explained why no change here.
riffy
The mapper asked me if I like this song, and before we continue I've to mention that I do like this song. The instruments sound so softly, I just can't help liking this. Why else would I check this, right?

Narcissu wrote:

i will reply even if i I don't want to
The modder took their time to look through your set and give some ideas on how to make the map better. Why don't you take the opportunity to make the set better instead of replying in such a way?

Narcissu wrote:

i use bad flow emphasize the some beat and syncopated , dotted rhythms .

i plant narcissus on it , you turn it into a factory
The point is that you're neither being consistent. We can understand your intention to stick to less jumpy DS, yet using "bad flow" and "planting flowers" are completely different things. For example, the thing mentioned about emphasizing the beat on 05:40:692 (3,4) - is a valid point, which feels a lot better when emphasized properly. If you don't want to use jumps - that's totally fine, use any other of the instruments you've mentioned to gve a proper emphasis to the beat.

Minakami Yuki wrote:

a beautiful song doesnt need such emphasis on vocals or beats, just follow it, and just enjoy.
if you keep your mind on "putting jumps on strong beat" blablabla, most of the maps should be remapped lol
A beautiful song needs a beautiful map, hence, the mapper should mind every single aspect of the song. Consider all its ups and downs and changes in its nature, including giving proper emphasis to the beats that deserve it and gently mapping weaker beats. Besides, do not refer to other maps when we are focusing on this one, this won't help our discussion at all.

Hope thins makes our concerns more understandable.
meii18
I want to point out about 05:40:692(3,4,5)-.If you can see in this last kiai the same pattern but using jump,this pattern don't use any jump even if the vocal gets intensive.Having consistency on jumps in this kiai,you have to increase the spacing a little and also you will emphasize the instensify of the vocals in my opinion.
Also for other points for example 04:08:045(2,3)-,if you can take a look at 04:11:113(2,3)- and 04:13:499(3,4)- you've used jumps here I mean you've increased
the spacing but here you didn't and here you can notice that the vocals are intensive and they need some emphasize as you did at the points which I mentioned earlier so it wouldn't hurt if you will increase the spacing here a bit to give some emphasis to the intensify of the vocals.
The points which I've mentioned in my last mod were some inconsistency in jumps.It is a low song but it have some stronger beats as I can see.Just pointing out what I've mentioned last time
Monstrata
I think there are other ways to create emphasis. "Jumps" or increased spacing in general is just one way to go about achieving "emphasis". So i have to respectfully disagree when Byby says "For emphasizing the vocals' intensify,you have to increase the spacing here so you will have a jump instead of antijump which doesn't emphasize the stronger vocals".

Emphasis simply means to make something more noticeable. Anti-jumps can also be a means of emphasis because you are forcing the player to restrict their movement and focus. There are other ways to create emphasis too, without needing to use jumps/increased spacing, which Narcissu has listed.

Lovely map as always. Poke me if you're ever in need of another BN Narcissu :D.
Topic Starter
Narcissu

Bakari wrote:

Narcissu wrote:

i will reply even if i I don't want to
The modder took their time to look through your set and give some ideas on how to make the map better. Why don't you take the opportunity to make the set better instead of replying in such a way?

Because his mod indicate he is a new mapper and modder , if you are a DS mapper , other say “you should add random jump here , because the music is lovely and light” and DQ you map , are you willing reply his mod ? modder should be understand mapper‘s idea , respect mapper‘s way , its requires no illustration. his mod cant help me upgrade anything , only remap my map follow his mind

Hope thins makes our concerns more understandable.

ah …… my english very bad , I hope you can understand

ByBy13 wrote:

I want to point out about 05:40:692(3,4,5)-.If you can see in this last kiai the same pattern but using jump,this pattern don't use any jump even if the vocal gets intensive.Having consistency on jumps in this kiai,you have to increase the spacing a little and also you will emphasize the instensify of the vocals in my opinion.
Also for other points for example 04:08:045(2,3)-,if you can take a look at 04:11:113(2,3)- and 04:13:499(3,4)- you've used jumps here I mean you've increased
the spacing but here you didn't and here you can notice that the vocals are intensive and they need some emphasize as you did at the points which I mentioned earlier so it wouldn't hurt if you will increase the spacing here a bit to give some emphasis to the intensify of the vocals.
The points which I've mentioned in my last mod were some inconsistency in jumps.It is a low song but it have some stronger beats as I can see.Just pointing out what I've mentioned last time

you mod is right like “people will put on a Christmas hat at Christmas ” , i have to say again “ you mod make my map dull ” . the song refrain * N , you can ctrl+C+V+H+J 4bar again and again , map done and it's right in your opinion . my english bad , if you are chinese , i can try to explain it all use readily understood and agreed
riffy
What stops you from using other means of emphasis to the mentioned patterns? We (well, at least I) do get your point - you do not want to abuse jumps and it's perfectly fine. I respect that. But why can't you emphasize the beats ByBy listed in any other way?

If you believe that the beats ByBy mentions do not deserves any form of emphasis - just say so exlaining what made you believe it is true.
Topic Starter
Narcissu
@Bakari

your are right , but it's a beautiful song , as we know “random jump exhibit lovely song” “1/4 note and slider when rhythm music” “symmetric figure like religion and eternity” “monstrata's triangle have many PP”

its why i not always add jump when downbeat , my map gorgeous , it's best display of music , you can map the song follow your mind , more focus the beat …… but don't force me plz ……

----------------

@monstrata

i wait Kyubey give me flame …… plz help me when i get DQ*2 !!
riffy
We did discuss the things in-game as a continuation of what was mentioned in the thread. I offered to use antijumps and stacks instead of jumps in patterns which ByBy mentioned. The mapper commented on what they believe to be the best for the map, so after a quick discussion we've got our misunderstandings resolved.

No questions left from my side, good luck with getting it re-qualified!
Okoratu
seems like no one cares about the answer my points were given so.
02:45:554 (1) - Ok why is this one extended, I don't really understand it because nothing really hints at it and instruments would be better off with 1/2 sliders

03:40:094 (1) - 03:51:001 (1,2) - were probably done for vocals

[]
It doesn't really fit into a concept to have 3 extended sliders in a total of 5 minutes of playtime.
They look really really random and i don't think they work that well, especially the first one.
Your rhythms are really simple, focused on instruments mostly.

so I believe your map is better off with these 3/4 sliders being simplified.
Shad0w1and
I agree with Narcissu, because there are more things you can do to emphasize the downbeat, or crashes. flow and patterning could do that as well. more importantly, I think it is important to understand the mapper, instead of overwrite the creator's opinion when doing mods. I believe that have a byby is trying to help, but she did not get the point mappers are trying to present here. more importantly, sometimes the slight change of ds on such a low bpm does not matter that much, but might break the flow and patterning. That's the point. I do mapping a lots low bpm songs as well and I actually know that when I increase ds on these map it really does not play that well, unless you play it with NightCore mode on.
And also because of low bpm, except the vocal track, it is relatively hard to change patterning, some difference should be acceptable as they really wont not break play experience.
KaedekaShizuru
I just want to say to someone: Why do you want to impose your style on others ?
Never do this please.
Topic Starter
Narcissu

Okoratu wrote:

seems like no one cares about the answer my points were given so.
02:45:554 (1) - Ok why is this one extended, I don't really understand it because nothing really hints at it and instruments would be better off with 1/2 sliders

03:40:094 (1) - 03:51:001 (1,2) - were probably done for vocals

[]
It doesn't really fit into a concept to have 3 extended sliders in a total of 5 minutes of playtime.
They look really really random and i don't think they work that well, especially the first one.
Your rhythms are really simple, focused on instruments mostly.

so I believe your map is better off with these 3/4 sliders being simplified.
e …… sorry ithoughti had explained it…… 03:51:683 - have finish but 01:51:697 - without , other point of time same…… so i do different …… if you know musical form , you will find all extended sliders and jump is pink , it's why 04:46:904 (1,2,3,4) - is bule but 05:05:336 (1) - still bule

it's sophistry ↑↑↑ ……in fact 1/2 is best …… ignore me forget me
Okoratu
Nice lol we're posting all at once
Lavender
I miss the disqualification format which consists of Disqualify Reason and Additional Modding
Okoratu
hey the finish thing makes surprisingly much sense, though i don't think it's necessary to do that kind of extension but at least you have a reason which isn't "because i can"
thank you for that answer <3

edit flame
Topic Starter
Narcissu
thx ;w;

Merry Christmas :)
Lavender
Merry Christmas :)
OnosakiHito
Okoratu
I might not be a good timer but 88.01 bpm works better??
Raiden
i doubt the artist went precisely for that .01 lol better ask someone else good at this
riffy
There is always a chance that the mp3 file itself got slightly modified during the bitrate change or something similar. This situation is pretty common.
Secretpipe
I remember checking this :)

gratz man!
Kotek0_0
Is that hard one?
I can't belive.
2 slow... and this empty moment at the last 1 min( i think 1 min) of the map.
I'm so sorry but u must correct this mapy
now its like 50/1oo ducks
~Cya ^^
Shad0w1and
Lmao
I cant stay silent.
Topic Starter
Narcissu

Kotek0_0 wrote:

Is that hard one?
I can't belive.
2 slow... and this empty moment at the last 1 min( i think 1 min) of the map.
I'm so sorry but u must correct this mapy
now its like 50/1oo ducks
~Cya ^^
e …… you wish i map a insane diff when last part ? ar7 or ar9, Which one should I choose :?

the BPM is 88~90 , you can use google search it

~ nya
OnosakiHito
Having evidence with an original source about the BPM would be really helpful.
Don't worry. All I want is to make sure that this is really the right BPM. Afterall, 80.01 is a very odd number, even though it might not have such a great effect on a short song. Yet, better checking it again.
pieguyn
i had no problem with the timing when i saw this map, some songs just have +- 0.01 ~ 0.05bpm for no apparent reason. it isn't the first time i've seen this.

gz on qualify, hope it becomes approved :) :)