show more
CelegaS
www did a 667pp score with hr
RaneFire

erikG wrote:

a loli wrote:

Your opinion is wrong
Why?
Although DT is a mod, it's basically just nomod at 1.5x speed. This is how the PP system sees it, nothing special. To go from playing nomod to DT is a natural progression for most people. The hardest aspects to learn with DT are the same that restrict you from playing the more difficult nomod maps. It completely depends on what map you are playing. That's why people start DT'ing 100-120 BPM, when they are able to play 180 BPM. The more maps at your skill level, the better, and DT adds many more.

People have respect for nomod players because of the very few difficult maps available which give good PP. This makes finding rewarding nomod maps, that you can actually play, the hardest part. But with DT you have thousands more options available. It's not free, there is just more to play.

DT = More PP. Not easier, not harder. Just more.
-Makishima S-

erikG wrote:

Learning DT is easier than learning HR. If you want PP, then DT is the way to go. Its no secret that DTHD gives more PP than playing HDHR. Just look at the top scores from Hvick and Rafis for example.
My opinion anyway
So far higest pp score ingame is claimed by *cought* HR, not HDDT.

DT is simply not for you if you don't have stamina and cannot hold high bpm for long enough. Not everyone is supposed to be able play high bpm, nor have physical abilities to do this. Same rules applys to HR, not everyone stands and can play 6-8min long maps on bpm below 200.

Both mods are free pp, same as nomod is also free pp, you just need to know what to play.
All mods have their "free pp" mappool. They are just completly diffrent from each other in matter of complexity and length.
Endie-
Thanks for great responses guys. It's nice to get another point of view. I won't act like I know the ins and outs of this game ^~^
vsprite
Although DT is a mod, it's basically just nomod at 1.5x speed. This is how the PP system sees it, nothing special. To go from playing nomod to DT is a natural progression for most people. The hardest aspects to learn with DT are the same that restrict you from playing the more difficult nomod maps. It completely depends on what map you are playing. That's why people start DT'ing 100-120 BPM, when they are able to play 180 BPM. The more maps at your skill level, the better, and DT adds many more.

People have respect for nomod players because of the very few difficult maps available which give good PP. This makes finding rewarding nomod maps, that you can actually play, the hardest part. But with DT you have thousands more options available. It's not free, there is just more to play.

DT = More PP. Not easier, not harder. Just more.
There are alot of nomod maps now, just sayin.
Mahogany
I believe that learning+playing DT well at a mid level most definitely is easier than learning+playing HR at a mid level, for the following reasons:

AR 9.6>Easier to play properly than AR10

OD9.6>Easier to play properly than OD10

Easy patterns @ 1.5x speed>Easier to play properly than difficult patterns at what will likely be a similar speed

CS4>Easier than CS5.2

And there are no other "Main" mods that give such a large PP difference.
trebby
Every mod has it's own difficult points. People that have trouble with speed and reaction time have trouble playing DT, with accuracy, aim, and reaction time; HR, and with reading; HD.
I agree that DT rewards too much on easier songs (or farm-able songs), but it's definitely viable on harder songs that are actually hard to play with DT. It's a matter of individuality, because some people will struggle with DT more than others since it's not tuned towards their playstyle or skill level. Whereas others who are already used to the speed of DT can easily churn out higher pp scores with their mindset and experience with the mod.
Mahogany
The problem though is that at a mid level most popular DT maps are the same speed as nomod equivalents so at a mid level it really doesn't require speed
chainpullz

Mahogany wrote:

The problem though is that at a mid level most popular DT maps are the same speed as nomod equivalents so at a mid level it really doesn't require speed
The even bigger issue being that they have higher OD and tend to have patterns similar to the patterns of the easiest no mod maps. So if you excel at accuracy on easy patterns then DT has more room to reward you for it. Also, most people are incapable of reading ar10 well enough to abuse HR on easy pattern maps even though it has far more room for abuse than DT.
buny
nearly everyone can read ar10 nowadays, since most maps are mapped 9.3+

and idk about you guys, daidai took me a long while to do with high (decent) acc.
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

and idk about you guys, daidai took me a long while to do with high (decent) acc.
Never said excelling at acc wasn't difficult. :p
Pituophis

a loli wrote:

what? I can play up to AR 9.8 fine on most days. I can't play ar10 at all. Or do scrubs not count as part of everyone?
Trizept
I have mental block on genome =w=
I don't think I will ever fc it anytime soon.

a loli wrote:

I was able to read ar 9.6 (ar 8 DT) perfectly fine, but when it came to
ar10, it was a whole another story. I literally had to spend a whole month on it to get used to it.
The Gambler

Xbox wrote:

I have mental block on genome =w=
I don't think I will ever fc it anytime soon.
Lol, I feel the same for Koigokoro.
chainpullz
I avoided the worst possible scenario by splitting my koigokoro sightread 98% cleanly in half with a single miss.
timemon
DT is only easy to read at ar9.67 and ar10. Even the tamest pattern on ar10.3 will kill you, if you're not prepared. (AR10.3 why are you so hard ;w;)

"Hey, I can FC it therefore it's free pp!"
I Give Up
No such thing as free pp.
Infevo
as someone who likes playing dt and nomod equally i don't see how the claim dt=free pp holds.

while some maps are easy pattern wise dt still increases ar/od/bpm. and as long as you don't have the sufficient reading/acc/speed it won't give you anything compared to nomod maps within the same difficulty rating.
Risa
I like how those who hate DT complain abt DT ruining the song but i've never seen anything abt HT
chainpullz

Reset- wrote:

I like how those who hate DT complain abt DT ruining the song but i've never seen anything abt HT
Halftime skystar's laziness op ecksdee.
Mahogany
HT ruins song too but isn't good for farm so nobody plays it
Infevo

Mahogany wrote:

HT ruins song too but isn't good for farm so nobody plays it

I am sorry but I did never notice that DT would ruin sound quality as much as HT does in any case. I only had some cases where DT wouldn't sound as good as nomod due to the song already being rather fast or complex.
E m i
not sound but song
Vuelo Eluko
COOKIEZI
vsprite
Its a rhythm game play however the fuck you want to play it.some mods (or no mods) will suit people better than others.

coming from nomod player who respects mod players equally
I Give Up
I put a lot of effort into my DT scores I want to FC popular maps from famous mouse player like peachick: Touhou - Flower Flag DT, pyonta: Natsukoi Hanabi DT, cptnXn 45nen DT, etc. I am so close getting first 300pp score I finally got speed to stream it with %98 bad acc but it is DT map I get called shitty player/dirty dt farmer all the time and I feel terrible now I won't play it :*(

I am not even strong mouse player its like instead of being congratulated for FCing things I am being punished for it. I never say anything bad I respect all player mod/nomod tablet/mouse. The hate got too strong I just can't DT any more NotLikeThis.
vsprite

KukiMonster wrote:

I put a lot of effort into my DT scores I want to FC popular maps from famous mouse player like peachick: Touhou - Flower Flag DT, pyonta: Natsukoi Hanabi DT, cptnXn 45nen DT, etc. I am so close getting first 300pp score I finally got speed to stream it with %98 bad acc but it is DT map I get called shitty player/dirty dt farmer all the time and I feel terrible now I won't play it :*(

I am not even strong mouse player its like instead of being congratulated for FCing things I am being punished for it. I never say anything bad I respect all player mod/nomod tablet/mouse. The hate got too strong I just can't DT any more NotLikeThis.
*hugs*
timemon

KukiMonster wrote:

It's the fate of DT players. If you're not top50, you are DT shitters who only retry daidai genome 24/7.
Some people just have to bash someone to make themselves feel better.
autoteleology
Anyone who has strong opinions about something like this isn't worth listening to

The point of the game is to have fun lmao

don't participate in the race to the bottom of the superiority barrel
timemon

Philosofikal wrote:

People play differently. Not everyone plays the game to have fun, some wants to see improvement and progression.
Infevo

timemon wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

People play differently. Not everyone plays the game to have fun, some wants to see improvement and progression.

Some actually have fun improving, progressing, competing and racking up pp. Who would've thought that.