Hanatan - Hajimete no Oto

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Avishay

neonat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3948780
I believe this can be relevant for this album, and the other older albums like Flower Drops and Summer☆Syrup if you want, personally I would like YURiCa/Hanatan but I don't know about others, like what went on in my map.

because really that HANATAN part...

and the cordelia site is no longer around
As much as I'd prefer having just 'Hanatan', this is how the metadata appears in the FLOWER album. I don't know if this is relevant to this album, those are different albums.

I'll leave it as it is for now, and I'll change it once anyone comes with more information about the metadata.
Nathan
+10 offset sounds much better

1. 00:02:733 (2) - why is this a repeat? you could accent the sound on 00:02:883 with a triplet, but instead you're emphasizing 00:02:733 which is muchhhhh weaker
  2. 00:24:783 (3,4) - This jump is a bit overdone imo, in fact more emphasis should be placed on 00:24:783 (3) - anyways. 00:24:783 (3,4) - the vocals on both of these are of equal pitch, but 00:24:783 (3) has a drum hit, and the 4 is really just continuing the slur from 3, so 2>3 should be larger than 3>4
  3. 00:20:883 (3) - I don't hear anything on 1/8, or at least an individual hit, pretty sure this would be better as a 1/4 slider
  4. 00:24:933 (4,5) and 00:25:683 (6,1) should really have larger spacing for the "ding" sound, could just ctrl+g 00:25:383 (5,6) both of these individually
  5. 00:26:583 (4) - shouldn't leave a strong sound on a repeat
  6. 00:35:883 (1) - why end on a downbeat :c
  7. 00:43:083 (1) - ^
  8. 00:52:383 (2,3) - don't see why these are 1/4 sliders, they're just regular drum beats that you've previously mapped as circles
  9. 03:58:083 (1) - slowdown is very unexpected, and it isn't a good follow up coming from the previous jump pattern which is huge
the issues i've pointed out appear many times, not gonna list every single timestamp (assuming you even agree with me)
imo the map is wonky and unstructured, from what I can see it's lacking a foundation spacing-wise, and by that I basically mean the jumps are inconsistent and random
another problem is that I hear huge differences between a few sections in the song, but I don't feel enough of a change in the map
even the reverse holds true, especially for the kiais! they have varying slider velocities, yet they're all nearly the same
honestly I disagree with this being bubbled, and I doubt it would pass qualification, but good luck anyways~
Topic Starter
Avishay

sukiNathan wrote:

+10 offset sounds much better

1. 00:02:733 (2) - why is this a repeat? you could accent the sound on 00:02:883 with a triplet, but instead you're emphasizing 00:02:733 which is muchhhhh weaker I tried, but a triplet doesn't work very well at this part, perhaps because the song just began. I think the current slider works very well, I purposely left the note afterwards to stack, it goes well.
  2. 00:24:783 (3,4) - This jump is a bit overdone imo, in fact more emphasis should be placed on 00:24:783 (3) - anyways. 00:24:783 (3,4) - the vocals on both of these are of equal pitch, but 00:24:783 (3) has a drum hit, and the 4 is really just continuing the slur from 3, so 2>3 should be larger than 3>4 Why? I feel that the opposite is true, I follow mainly follow the vocals alongside the instruments, and the vocal at 3 calls for a halt, while the slider calls for some movement, and honestly it plays great.
  3. 00:20:883 (3) - I don't hear anything on 1/8, or at least an individual hit, pretty sure this would be better as a 1/4 slider Yeah, it is actually not 1/8. It is an artificial rhythm, the main reasoning is because I didn't want a gap between the ringing sound to 00:21:183 (1) - , because it would have been awkward. I know I could use an 1/4 but 1/8 is creating a nice consistency with the prevsious triplet.
  4. 00:24:933 (4,5) and 00:25:683 (6,1) should really have larger spacing for the "ding" sound, could just ctrl+g 00:25:383 (5,6) both of these individually Actually this goes really nicely, although this change is not mandatory and the previous pattern was just fine, I'll update it whenever I'll find a 2nd BN to bubble or when the bubble will be popped.
  5. 00:26:583 (4) - shouldn't leave a strong sound on a repeat What's wrong? The slider mainly follows the vocals and there's nothing wrong with strong beat on a long slider, you're not static and the strong beat indicates reverse which is nice.
  6. 00:35:883 (1) - why end on a downbeat :c Could work differently as well, but I am satisfied with the current slider, I might change it, no promises :P
  7. 00:43:083 (1) - ^ Vocals, it plays great anyway.
  8. 00:52:383 (2,3) - don't see why these are 1/4 sliders, they're just regular drum beats that you've previously mapped as circles If you listen carefully they actually follow the vocals very well lol.
  9. 03:58:083 (1) - slowdown is very unexpected, and it isn't a good follow up coming from the previous jump pattern which is huge I like it, the slow down is identical to the one in the previous kiai, so it should be less unexpected here, the slider shape goes well along with the flow and the slider is not that slow as others in the map.
the issues i've pointed out appear many times, not gonna list every single timestamp (assuming you even agree with me)
imo the map is wonky and unstructured, from what I can see it's lacking a foundation spacing-wise, and by that I basically mean the jumps are inconsistent and random
another problem is that I hear huge differences between a few sections in the song, but I don't feel enough of a change in the map
even the reverse holds true, especially for the kiais! they have varying slider velocities, yet they're all nearly the same
honestly I disagree with this being bubbled, and I doubt it would pass qualification, but good luck anyways~
Well as you can see I mostly disagree with you, one thing that I can agree with you is that I don't have a consistent structrue, but why is that bad? I dislike mapping with the same thought over and over. The jumps are not random, I have put unique thought to each one of them (although I might have slipped here and there). I know that more SV changes could be added into kiai times and such, however some times they don't play very well mainly because the song is really intense, and most of them are not even that strong to be emphasized so unless I really want to emphasize something I am not really changing it there.

Edit: lmao I just noticed the offset suggestion, and yeah it does sound better, guess I'll self-pop because it is unrankable.

Edit 2: In addition to what I said, about the lack of structure, I do look for nice asthethics but the most important thing is the gameplay, I constantly ask for testplays, because well the map is meant to be played, not just seen, and I find it as the most important aspect here.
Natsuki Nanaka
I'm here for wating to ranked (* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Topic Starter
Avishay

- N a n a k a - wrote:

I'm here for wating to ranked (* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trying to get more people to express some opinions here, and perhaps move the map forward.
dqs01733
ok so, since you were kind of enough to offer me a re-mod on my old map, I will mod yours again since you're still working on this. I do agree with the points Nathan raised, especially about structure but since you're mostly focusing on gameplay I'll keep it at that unless I find something really bad. I'll edit this post with a mod when I get home.

Edit: ok here it is

[Beginning]
  1. 00:02:743 (2,3,4,5,1,2) - the angles of these jumps are so sharp and don't feel natural to play. more circular movement feels better. replace lines 290-295 in the .osu file and see how it feels, I also overlapped 00:02:743 (2,3) - in a nice way to make it more readable, and fixed the overlap on 00:03:343 (5,1) - to how its usually done.
    SPOILER
    382,260,2743,2,0,L|334:268,2,44.9999988079071,0|0|4,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    400,272,3043,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    304,372,3193,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    252,213,3343,1,2,0:0:0:0:
    242,231,3643,5,0,0:0:0:0:
    366,129,3793,2,0,P|396:161|412:203,1,89.9999976158143
  2. 00:24:793 (3,4) - yes please listen to nathan on this one. big jump on (3) emphasizes it obviously, and you said you wanted a "halt" a.k.a. anti-jump on that vocal but they way you did it is not working out as intended. lets say u wanna emphasize a strong beat then youd just make a larger jump into that beat, but anti-jumps works the opposite way in that you wanna place it AFTER the beat you want the "halt" on. im not going to explain why its like that but it just is, same thing with your reasoning about the slider, its the movement suceeding the beat at 00:24:943 (4) - thats going to follow the vocal, not the movement preceeding it. Therefore it doesnt matter if you make a small jump or big jump for that particular reason, but since you want anti-jump on 00:24:793 (3) - then it should be small. its the same principle with stacking which is much more common
  3. 00:25:393 (5,6) - and do ctrl+g these individually, or atleast on 00:25:393 (5) - because theres no pressure on it right now for such a strong beat.
  4. 00:40:243 (2,1,2,3,4) - VERY sudden spacing change. Yeah the volume is building up but from 0.99x ds between 00:40:243 (2,1) - to 3.38x between 00:40:543 (2,3) - ????
  5. 00:56:893 (1,2,3) - you should not reverse the direction of the flow when theres no strong beats, especially when the snares give the impression of follow-up from the strong beat at 00:56:893 (1) - . whether you actually want to reverse the flow on a strong beat is up to the mapper, it works just as well to continue the flow, see Monstrata maps.
  6. 01:53:293 (1) - Very sudden indeed. If you want to do this you should atleast make the faster one on the first occasion, and the slower one on the next occasions. Because its odd to introduce the concept with the extreme and then make the following ones easier.
  7. 01:57:193 (2,3,4,5,1,2) - This pattern is a bit of a spike.. the spacing isnt abnormaly large but its the combination of wildly varying spacing and angles that makes it so difficult. you know most mappers usually make the spacing smaller when they make patterns like squares and other obtuse angles to compensate for how much more difficult they are to play as opposed to those freestyle sharp angled kind of jump patterns. You should probably change these 01:57:193 (2,3,4,5) -
  8. 02:32:293 (3) - bad overlap
  9. 03:13:543 (7,1) - can overlap these for better readability. http://puu.sh/kPUsV.jpg
  10. 03:28:993 - ugh well lets blame the producer for making a triplet sound here. triplets starting on white(red in this map) ticks are already kinda weird to play so it doesnt make it much better to have it on sliderend either, much less on a repeating slider lol. shortening the slider and replace the missing beat with a circle feels better to play. Personally, id just undermap this and leave out the triplet.
So yeah, the biggest problem i see with the map is some of the odd spacing, namely when youre putting stacked circles from an off-beat -> strong beat. I guess its pretty ok during low intesity stuff or sliderends or smth but during jump patterns its very important to get these things right or itll cause random misses for the player. Some examples of improper stacks are
  1. 00:40:843 (4,5) -
  2. 01:33:343 (4,1) -

These are just some examples, there are a few more that definitely needs to be fixed, youll have to judge for yourself which ones are bad and which ones still works. But its pretty easy to fix, you can usually just move one of the stacked circles to where the previous/next is.
There are also a lot of other things in the map id like changed that has the same issues as the things i pointed out above, but it's up to you how much of it you want to change, its not as severe as the spacing issues though. so, good luck! :)
Topic Starter
Avishay

dqs01733 wrote:

ok so, since you were kind of enough to offer me a re-mod on my old map, I will mod yours again since you're still working on this. I do agree with the points Nathan raised, especially about structure but since you're mostly focusing on gameplay I'll keep it at that unless I find something really bad. I'll edit this post with a mod when I get home.

Edit: ok here it is

[Beginning]
  1. 00:02:743 (2,3,4,5,1,2) - the angles of these jumps are so sharp and don't feel natural to play. more circular movement feels better. replace lines 290-295 in the .osu file and see how it feels, I also overlapped 00:02:743 (2,3) - in a nice way to make it more readable, and fixed the overlap on 00:03:343 (5,1) - to how its usually done. Hm, alright. Made some slight changes to the sliders afterwards.
    SPOILER
    382,260,2743,2,0,L|334:268,2,44.9999988079071,0|0|4,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    400,272,3043,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    304,372,3193,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    252,213,3343,1,2,0:0:0:0:
    242,231,3643,5,0,0:0:0:0:
    366,129,3793,2,0,P|396:161|412:203,1,89.9999976158143
  2. 00:24:793 (3,4) - yes please listen to nathan on this one. big jump on (3) emphasizes it obviously, and you said you wanted a "halt" a.k.a. anti-jump on that vocal but they way you did it is not working out as intended. lets say u wanna emphasize a strong beat then youd just make a larger jump into that beat, but anti-jumps works the opposite way in that you wanna place it AFTER the beat you want the "halt" on. im not going to explain why its like that but it just is, same thing with your reasoning about the slider, its the movement suceeding the beat at 00:24:943 (4) - thats going to follow the vocal, not the movement preceeding it. Therefore it doesnt matter if you make a small jump or big jump for that particular reason, but since you want anti-jump on 00:24:793 (3) - then it should be small. its the same principle with stacking which is much more common I'll stick with my opinion, the halt meant decreasing the spacing between 00:24:643 (2,3) - in the overall pattern, working towards a "halt", and then the spacing increase comes, why does it come? Not beacuse of the held vocal, but because of the sudden combination of both vocals at 00:24:793 (3) - and 00:24:943 (4) - , the first vocal is short and sudden, hence the halt, but the second vocal is strong as well and it is being held, this time I want to emphasize it by a jump. I do agree that stacking them would work too, because they're both held, and then the slider would express the held vocal.
  3. 00:25:393 (5,6) - and do ctrl+g these individually, or atleast on 00:25:393 (5) - because theres no pressure on it right now for such a strong beat. Yeah I've done it after I updated the map with the offset, it is better.
  4. 00:40:243 (2,1,2,3,4) - VERY sudden spacing change. Yeah the volume is building up but from 0.99x ds between 00:40:243 (2,1) - to 3.38x between 00:40:543 (2,3) - ???? It might have been a bit extreme lol, reduced spacing slightly.
  5. 00:56:893 (1,2,3) - you should not reverse the direction of the flow when theres no strong beats, especially when the snares give the impression of follow-up from the strong beat at 00:56:893 (1) - . whether you actually want to reverse the flow on a strong beat is up to the mapper, it works just as well to continue the flow, see Monstrata maps. I agree, although the previous pattern didn't go that bad, this new pattern goes really nicely.
  6. 01:53:293 (1) - Very sudden indeed. If you want to do this you should atleast make the faster one on the first occasion, and the slower one on the next occasions. Because its odd to introduce the concept with the extreme and then make the following ones easier. It has nothing with number of appearences, but rather the intensity that was built up and the spacing.
  7. 01:57:193 (2,3,4,5,1,2) - This pattern is a bit of a spike.. the spacing isnt abnormaly large but its the combination of wildly varying spacing and angles that makes it so difficult. you know most mappers usually make the spacing smaller when they make patterns like squares and other obtuse angles to compensate for how much more difficult they are to play as opposed to those freestyle sharp angled kind of jump patterns. You should probably change these 01:57:193 (2,3,4,5) - I actually like the start of the pattern and I wouldn't change it, however I realised that I dislike the end of it, and I couldn't fidn anything to work well with the next objects too, so I remapped this one.
  8. 02:32:293 (3) - bad overlap I didn't even notice it lol, fixed.
  9. 03:13:543 (7,1) - can overlap these for better readability. http://puu.sh/kPUsV.jpg Hm alright, although readability is not my main concern here.
  10. 03:28:993 - ugh well lets blame the producer for making a triplet sound here. triplets starting on white(red in this map) ticks are already kinda weird to play so it doesnt make it much better to have it on sliderend either, much less on a repeating slider lol. shortening the slider and replace the missing beat with a circle feels better to play. Personally, id just undermap this and leave out the triplet. Actually the triplet is kinda snapped on 1/12, so yeah blame the producer lol. However I did remove it now and changed the pattern, would feel better in the overall pattern.
So yeah, the biggest problem i see with the map is some of the odd spacing, namely when youre putting stacked circles from an off-beat -> strong beat. I guess its pretty ok during low intesity stuff or sliderends or smth but during jump patterns its very important to get these things right or itll cause random misses for the player. Some examples of improper stacks are
  1. 00:40:843 (4,5) - Stacked with 00:40:693 (3) - instead
  2. 01:33:343 (4,1) - I've changed it already :P

These are just some examples, there are a few more that definitely needs to be fixed, youll have to judge for yourself which ones are bad and which ones still works. But its pretty easy to fix, you can usually just move one of the stacked circles to where the previous/next is.
There are also a lot of other things in the map id like changed that has the same issues as the things i pointed out above, but it's up to you how much of it you want to change, its not as severe as the spacing issues though. so, good luck! :)
I'll go over whatever is stacked and judge it accordingly, thanks for the input.
Okoratu
i guess i'll try for a m4m because i have too much spare time

[general]
if you're muting sliderticks for the majority of this, why do you have so many of these to begin with, i fail to comprehend the reasoning for it other than "i want more max combo but i don't like how they sound"
soft-sliderslide and soft-slidertick are both blank files which directly violates the ranking criteria,
"and lastly you cannot mute sliderslide and sliderticks together" or something is written in there so
while you're at it you could get rid of the (not unrankable) delay on normal-hitclap

I actually enjoy double bpm styled maps for powerful slow songs but this is a chill song with a contrasting map, interesting choice, though not the kind of thing a lot people are going to love as much as you do i guess

[actual mep]
  1. 00:05:293 (3,4,5,6) - and 00:07:693 (1) - are basically the same thing but one is a slider with a SV change on top of it and one is just circles for more than one iteration of the same sound pattern
    yea i have no idea what this classifies that one where you do the one thing and where you do the other thing as special / not so special
  2. 00:09:943 - i think it'd be much more intuitive to click this because right now you have 00:08:893 (3,1) - at approximately the same length which can be misleading (at least to me) and the sound it ends on is strong enough to justify a circle and doing this would make your rhythm choice consistent with 00:08:893 (3) - which i think is pretty neat
  3. 00:14:443 - you use a lot of volume changes in this part i konw and stuff but i think in cases like this one it gets in the way of actual gameplay because you didn't mute sliderends like 00:12:943 (4) - or any similar bluetick 1/2 slider, really. I'd be much happier with this if you explained the lots of volume changes over the more or less constantly loud music in this part, playing this was pretty confusing and i thought you silence sliderends because you're overmapping but you aren't even overmapping and now i don't know what you're actually trying to do, but im also too lazy to read all the modreplies you gave on the thread so right now im jsut writing a long ass sentence and should probably stop now.
    ^sorry for long ass sentence
  4. 00:20:218 (4) - you ignored these vibrations for most of the time and i don't think that circle is really needed nor does it compliment the chill part in any way by being more intense and stuff
  5. 00:24:193 - why do you silence sliderends that don't even need the silence it confuses me when playing it because we didn't add t/329752 to the RC yet so i think these and similar things are questionable because they don't actually add something to my gameplay experience and are more like taking hitsoudns that should be audible from me :v
  6. hereafter i will stop mentioning this because i really don't get it at all
  7. 00:26:593 (4) - i would somehow love to click that downbeat, you know like actually being able to click 00:26:893 - would be awesome you often did 1/2 breaks like 00:10:993 (5,1) - so implementing another one wouldn't even seem odd
  8. 00:29:743 (2) - this is the first time you extend something to an 1/8 tick until 00:45:793 (3) - and im not sure if this is really necessary, like it would work just as well with just letting these or most of these on blue ticks with the difference that it would be predictable. You don't seem to do these with a strict system, like at all (at least it's not implemented obviously enough for me to find it and reasonably justifying it so im bringing this up). You seem to extend sliders a lot for the sake of capturing vocals or some of the instruments fully but decided to do it for only some vocals and then refrain from using this technique for a while or so. This results in me not fully understanding your intentions and reasoning behind your things, which you very well may have, but it's just not done in an obvious enough way for me to not bring this up
    especially 00:50:593 (4,1,2,3) - 00:52:093 (1,2,3,1,2,1) - feel overdone to me due to the thing i just explained above, they come out of nowhere and go back into nothingness
  9. 00:55:393 (2) - idk why exactly but i would rather place this one further up instead of distancesnapped down, moving further away from 00:55:693 (3) - would highlight the instrument on it better i think
  10. 01:02:893 (3) - i don't get why this is a pause when you filled it with objects in 01:00:793 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - just before that, you also filled many other similar spots so idk why this one is special or maybe im dumb?
  11. 01:07:618 (3,3,6) - while i don't think these are necessary at all in order to represent what you want to represent and stuff so they aren't unrankable, there's just the fact that this kind of vibration etc persists at many more points where you ignored them which makes me write it down anyways
  12. 01:10:993 (1) - this is offscreen in 4:3 resolution (change to any 4:3 res and press play), which is unreasonable because you're putting something partly offscreen in a standard resolution (note that 5:4 may show up if your monitor supports it but it's not a standard resolution) so while it's visible on 16:9 just fine, it's cut off in 4:3, if you have any similarly close-to-the-edge-objects in your map, please doublecheck if they are all still on-screen before proceeding further, I'm far too lazy to check the whole thing for that stuff
  13. 01:15:493 (3) - small space 01:16:693 (2) - giant space 01:17:893 (1) - small space
    why is only one of these so different ?_?
  14. 01:30:643 - isn't the sound that whistle should land on here?? it sounds much better to not extend each and every slider in here
  15. 01:29:293 (1,3) - the awkward touchhhhing borders
  16. 01:34:693 (3) - i also think 1/4 is closer to this is instead of 1/8
  17. 01:39:418 (2) - yeah i get that you want to emphasise the drum on 01:39:493 (3) - but why do you place this entire thing away from the previous slider? 01:39:418 (2) - doesn't have much that should receive special emphasis, so either removing 2 and making this a jump or keeping 2 and reducing spacing would feel more natural / or reasonable or whatever fancy word i should put here
  18. 01:41:818 (3) - that hitsound is hella misleading, makes you think there's a strong drum going on while the actual drum is just a soft synth lol
  19. 01:43:243 (5,6,7) - the sliderends don't add much besides unnecessary pressure on the one playing this, are you sure these are really necessary (i might be deaf, not the first time someone tells me that )
  20. 01:50:893 (1,3,4) - man the more i look at this stuff the less i understand it, therea re many similar things in this song but not so many similar things in this diff ~_~
  21. 01:54:118 (2) - this one just feels unnecessary really *do i add an imo to this to make this statement invalid?*
  22. 02:06:493 (1,2,3,4) - aaa the piano focus is lame as hell because the drums are so much more interesting right now ;;
  23. 02:19:093 (3) - ok this one actually left me a bit confused, you never did this, literally, why is splitting these up in 2 1/4 sliders bad or something or do you just want to throw me out of a window?
  24. 02:19:693 (4) - your heavy piano focus actually would call for this sliderend to be an object and the slider to end earlier (you know that part where you put most clickable things in that sections on piano hits, im referring to that one)
  25. 02:43:693 (5) - ok hereafter i won't mention these 4/8 sliders anymore because i don't get them most of the time due to there being too many things where you don't do them
  26. 02:49:618 (3) - this is not nearly stressed enough to deserve such drastically different spacing compared to 02:49:093 (1,2) - :/
  27. 03:05:293 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - left me confused at first, because the last section with these vocals was mapped more or less to the vocals while this is instruments/circles only so expectation of repeating verse with similar rhythms was not met in the slightest and i was left a bit confused until like 03:06:493 (1) - , and no the sudden spacing increase doesn't help me comprehending what's going on when i expect something like 01:00:493 (3,1,2,3,4) -
  28. 03:37:243 (4,5) - these being so close felt a bit weird while playing, seems like you only did this for the sake of neat looking stacking, do you prioritise that over gameplay or something or is this indeed suboptimal
  29. 03:47:143 - i don't really get why this is left out, this doesnt have a vocal calling for a breakdown or anything like that, it just has a regular sound that you used to map before, but now you ignore it lol
  30. 03:58:093 (1) - 01:53:293 (1) - do these intentionally have completely different slidervelocities? seeing these makes me think there are a lot more inconsistencies among the way you speed up or slow down things, if you think these are issues you should go over this again to - hopefully - find more of them lol
  31. why does the 2nd chorus feature so abnormally much more 1/8 notes compared to the first one?
  32. 04:07:093 (1,2,3,4,1) - doesn't intensity in this whole pattern increase but spacing does the exact opposite ._.?
  33. 04:07:693 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,1) - combochoices like this for something completely regular in terms of music don't make much sense with me but you do this a lot and sometimes it gives you really long and sometimes rather short combos in comparison, overall i don't think this contributes to how clean this map looks lol
  34. 04:17:893 (1,2,1) - the way http://puu.sh/kYVdf/c29c1aab7a.jpg looks is uhh hh
  35. 04:30:193 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6) - these sv and spacing changes are coming pretty much out of nowhere for me especially since 04:30:193 (1) - 's length looks so similar to 04:29:893 (3) -
  36. 04:40:093 (1) - since the tick is not visible ingame (it only counts your combo) sliders like these are pretty much misleading me into thinking it's 1/4, the spacing to 04:40:693 (2) - doesn't help much with comprehending this pattern
[]

as you can see it got a lot shorter towards the end because i decided to stop mentioning a few of the things that i don't understand well enough to agree with their usage. This seems like an attempt to be as fancy as possible for every pattern, like ever, what sometimes hurts this piece of art on a logical level,
Idk what to think about it, but i guess that's not my job here, i hope any of this above helps you in any way and pls excuse me trolling you a few times in there, i just couldn't stop writing nonsense in one or 2 cases xD
Topic Starter
Avishay
oi dam, I'll check it out when I'm back from school.
Zectro
[General]

In the beginning(no pun intended) of the map the changes between syncing the notes to the drums in the song (ex: 00:06:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - ) and between following the melody more (ex: 00:08:893 (3,1) - ) feels very weird since you'd expect for example a note on 00:09:343 -
etc, I think you probably get what I mean, you should try syncing it a bit more to one of the two instead of switching out the whole time.

Also all the sudden slider velocity changes are so overwhelming in the beginning of the map aswell, its like YO DUDE CALM DOWN A BIT and yeah it feels kinda weird at times. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this style, although it's a very complicated style that needs a lot of thought put into it and also needs a lot of polishing!

Also, please be careful, since a lot of parts feel overmapped due to the extreme slider velocity/sv changes.
And try to look at all the jumps you have in kiai sections again after reading through this mod, specially the second long kiai section (start: 03:29:893 - )
because quite a lot of them don't really feel right. (ex: 03:37:243 (4,5) - just does not feel right)

[Beginning]

00:02:743 (2,3,4,5) - For some reason this is soo hard to read and get 300s on, it just doesn't feel well
00:08:143 (2,1) - This is EXTREMELY confusing, since this is right at the beginning of the map, the player does not have a complete feel for the rythm yet, which makes this so incredibly confusing to read. Specially since the nc on 00:08:293 (1) -
00:09:493 (1) - This seems a little TOO slow, try using something like x0,60 sv instead
00:19:093 (1) - Too slow outta nowhere too, doesn't play very well and looks kinda weird, would recommend changing the sv to a little bit higher speed aswell
00:38:593 (1,1) - Could overlap eachother a little less
00:47:293 (1,1) - There could be a little more space between these, since now it almost seems as if they are touching eachother which destroys the consistency of the space between blankets
01:33:493 (1,2,3,4,5) - These jumps just feel too forced
01:53:293 (1) - Definetly too slow, I love the style you are using, but this is just too slow. Kills the flow
02:08:893 (1) - Could look fancier
02:16:393 (1) - Sudden speed change feels cheap
02:19:093 (3) - 4x kickslider feels meh
02:53:743 (2,3) - You can polish the way this looks a bit, right?
03:02:293 (3,4) - I suggest nerfing these, there is not really a sound in the song that it fits to, only the vocals, that's why I suggest making the shape a little cleaner
04:12:043 (5) - I suggest putting this closer to 04:11:893 (4) - since it's very hard to notice that you still have to keep going there and make that jump since you'd think that you reached a slower point of the song
04:26:893 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - Feels over the top and overmapped.
04:30:793 (2,1) - This switch from x1,5sv to x0,75 is just too big, try using something like x85 or x90?

I'm a pretty big fan of this style, but as I said it's a lot of work to fully polish a map mapped in this style :D
So good luck!
Topic Starter
Avishay

Okoratu wrote:

i guess i'll try for a m4m because i have too much spare time

[general]
if you're muting sliderticks for the majority of this, why do you have so many of these to begin with, i fail to comprehend the reasoning for it other than "i want more max combo but i don't like how they sound" I don't need them except for some parts where I use the slider ticks as hitsounds, such as 03:31:243 (5) - , any different tick rate and I won't hear it or it will be timed incorrectly.
soft-sliderslide and soft-slidertick are both blank files which directly violates the ranking criteria,
"and lastly you cannot mute sliderslide and sliderticks together" or something is written in there so
while you're at it you could get rid of the (not unrankable) delay on normal-hitclap

About the hitsounds thingy, I am pretty sure every other map uses the blank files because they need empty hitsounds. Oh, and are you sure about that I can't mute both? It doesn't really make sense lol.

I actually enjoy double bpm styled maps for powerful slow songs but this is a chill song with a contrasting map, interesting choice, though not the kind of thing a lot people are going to love as much as you do i guess

[actual mep]
  1. 00:05:293 (3,4,5,6) - and 00:07:693 (1) - are basically the same thing but one is a slider with a SV change on top of it and one is just circles for more than one iteration of the same sound pattern
    yea i have no idea what this classifies that one where you do the one thing and where you do the other thing as special / not so special Although I agree about the fact that they sound similar (not identical!), the following music is different and I mapped accordingly overall, it doesn't really affect gameplay. There's no strict rules about how I do what, I do whatever feels right for me.
  2. 00:09:943 - i think it'd be much more intuitive to click this because right now you have 00:08:893 (3,1) - at approximately the same length which can be misleading (at least to me) and the sound it ends on is strong enough to justify a circle and doing this would make your rhythm choice consistent with 00:08:893 (3) - which i think is pretty neat It might work, but I prefer to keep the current pattern, I did try it, however, I don't really want to change the slider shapes, yeah they are identical with different SVs, it is a bit misleading, but there are NCS and it goes along with the music nicely. The sliders are meant to follow the long held instruments, and they do it well imo.
  3. 00:14:443 - you use a lot of volume changes in this part i konw and stuff but i think in cases like this one it gets in the way of actual gameplay because you didn't mute sliderends like 00:12:943 (4) - or any similar bluetick 1/2 slider, really. I'd be much happier with this if you explained the lots of volume changes over the more or less constantly loud music in this part, playing this was pretty confusing and i thought you silence sliderends because you're overmapping but you aren't even overmapping and now i don't know what you're actually trying to do, but im also too lazy to read all the modreplies you gave on the thread so right now im jsut writing a long ass sentence and should probably stop now.
    ^sorry for long ass sentence I am not really silencing them, I didn't think I overmapped this part, it is just that the hitsounds sometime feel inappropriately loud so I lowered them manually in the beginning.
  4. 00:20:218 (4) - you ignored these vibrations for most of the time and i don't think that circle is really needed nor does it compliment the chill part in any way by being more intense and stuff I ignored them most of the time because they were snapped at weird timing and they wouldn't fit, whenever I could make some use of them, I did. The tripley compliments the pattern nicely and it the peak of the whole section before we start the vocals.
  5. 00:24:193 - why do you silence sliderends that don't even need the silence it confuses me when playing it because we didn't add t/329752 to the RC yet so i think these and similar things are questionable because they don't actually add something to my gameplay experience and are more like taking hitsoudns that should be audible from me :v I have 2 reasons for using a volume change to lower the hitsounds volume here; 1 - the slider end of 00:23:893 (3) -'s instrument volume is not that high and had I kept the (relatively) high volume it'd sound weird. 2 - I overmapped this part with 00:23:893 (3) - , I felt that it was necessary since I have to stop following the vocals with the slider at some point without making it too long (and ignoring beats). So the circle adds some sound to follow the vocals while avoiding awkward gap while playing.
  6. hereafter i will stop mentioning this because i really don't get it at all
  7. 00:26:593 (4) - i would somehow love to click that downbeat, you know like actually being able to click 00:26:893 - would be awesome you often did 1/2 breaks like 00:10:993 (5,1) - so implementing another one wouldn't even seem odd Hm, I'll give in after some more people suggestesd it, changed.
  8. 00:29:743 (2) - this is the first time you extend something to an 1/8 tick until 00:45:793 (3) - and im not sure if this is really necessary, like it would work just as well with just letting these or most of these on blue ticks with the difference that it would be predictable. You don't seem to do these with a strict system, like at all (at least it's not implemented obviously enough for me to find it and reasonably justifying it so im bringing this up). You seem to extend sliders a lot for the sake of capturing vocals or some of the instruments fully but decided to do it for only some vocals and then refrain from using this technique for a while or so. This results in me not fully understanding your intentions and reasoning behind your things, which you very well may have, but it's just not done in an obvious enough way for me to not bring this up
    especially 00:50:593 (4,1,2,3) - 00:52:093 (1,2,3,1,2,1) - feel overdone to me due to the thing i just explained above, they come out of nowhere and go back into nothingness As for 00:29:743 (2) - It ends on the 1/8 (or 1/4 on 200 bpm) tick because it feels the best here imo, I tried leaving it on the blue tick but the vocals are pretty strong throughout the whole slider, the problem that created this weird long slider is the fact that the vocals start on the white tick while there's no instrument, however there's an instrument sound at the blue tick right before it so I use it as a lead slider to get the vocals into and it goes nicely. Alright so, I'll say that most of the time, I don't use a single structure to map, especially on Extra (or even Insane) difficulties, I like to be free and to represent the music in the way I, the mapper, hear it. I feel like the vocals at those certain parts deserve their own pattern, so I let them have it.
  9. 00:55:393 (2) - idk why exactly but i would rather place this one further up instead of distancesnapped down, moving further away from 00:55:693 (3) - would highlight the instrument on it better i think Perhaps this would work with different slider shapes, I don't see this one working and I think the flow in the whole pattern emphasizes 3 very well.
  10. 01:02:893 (3) - i don't get why this is a pause when you filled it with objects in 01:00:793 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - just before that, you also filled many other similar spots so idk why this one is special or maybe im dumb? Just the way I hear the song, you're not dumb, there's plenty of ways to map this part, long sliders, overmapped 1/4 sliders or circles, whatever goes.
  11. 01:07:618 (3,3,6) - while i don't think these are necessary at all in order to represent what you want to represent and stuff so they aren't unrankable, there's just the fact that this kind of vibration etc persists at many more points where you ignored them which makes me write it down anyways While I agree that triplets could probably be added elsewhere to emphasize / represent anything, I added them here because I felt that they were pretty straightforward, especially with the instruments and tone change. If there's any other significant place I missed, you are free to suggest it :P
  12. 01:10:993 (1) - this is offscreen in 4:3 resolution (change to any 4:3 res and press play), which is unreasonable because you're putting something partly offscreen in a standard resolution (note that 5:4 may show up if your monitor supports it but it's not a standard resolution) so while it's visible on 16:9 just fine, it's cut off in 4:3, if you have any similarly close-to-the-edge-objects in your map, please doublecheck if they are all still on-screen before proceeding further, I'm far too lazy to check the whole thing for that stuff Okay.
  13. 01:15:493 (3) - small space 01:16:693 (2) - giant space 01:17:893 (1) - small space
    why is only one of these so different ?_? The third one is not as strong as the others one, and it follows the vocals. As for the others, it makes sense to increase it between them, and I am not really sure how to explain it, but the second one feels more important and signicifcant.
  14. 01:30:643 - isn't the sound that whistle should land on here?? it sounds much better to not extend each and every slider in here I'll admit that it sounds nice too, but I am kinda holding the vocal with the first sliders, the whistle is not intended for whatever instrument there is on the blue tick. The double whistle compliments the vocal change nicely imo.
  15. 01:29:293 (1,3) - the awkward touchhhhing borders Oh lol, okay.
  16. 01:34:693 (3) - i also think 1/4 is closer to this is instead of 1/8 Hm, change whole pattern slightly.
  17. 01:39:418 (2) - yeah i get that you want to emphasise the drum on 01:39:493 (3) - but why do you place this entire thing away from the previous slider? 01:39:418 (2) - doesn't have much that should receive special emphasis, so either removing 2 and making this a jump or keeping 2 and reducing spacing would feel more natural / or reasonable or whatever fancy word i should put here I agree, reduced spacing.
  18. 01:41:818 (3) - that hitsound is hella misleading, makes you think there's a strong drum going on while the actual drum is just a soft synth lol I agree that the hitsound isn't similar to the actual instrument, I am too lazy to find any more hitsounds, and the clap compliments the song with some artificial instruments.
  19. 01:43:243 (5,6,7) - the sliderends don't add much besides unnecessary pressure on the one playing this, are you sure these are really necessary (i might be deaf, not the first time someone tells me that ) You are not deaf, there's nothing really on the sliderends, it is just that the instruments at the beginning of them are slightly held so I think the sliders compliments it, and yeah it adds some pressure to the player, although I think it is nice.
  20. 01:50:893 (1,3,4) - man the more i look at this stuff the less i understand it, therea re many similar things in this song but not so many similar things in this diff ~_~ Hanatan's Vocals <3
  21. 01:54:118 (2) - this one just feels unnecessary really *do i add an imo to this to make this statement invalid?* Yeah you do :P It is overmapped, I admit, but it is surrounded by 2 whistles, and just having them by themselves feels awkward a bit, so I added this little circle, and I think it's pretty neat.
  22. 02:06:493 (1,2,3,4) - aaa the piano focus is lame as hell because the drums are so much more interesting right now ;; Yeah, they are, but they don't fit the pace I set with the new section.
  23. 02:19:093 (3) - ok this one actually left me a bit confused, you never did this, literally, why is splitting these up in 2 1/4 sliders bad or something or do you just want to throw me out of a window? Yo man I'm unorthodox, swag swag yolo yolo.
  24. 02:19:693 (4) - your heavy piano focus actually would call for this sliderend to be an object and the slider to end earlier (you know that part where you put most clickable things in that sections on piano hits, im referring to that one) Idk about this tbh, the slider end sounds so different, nothing like the previous piano notes, so I used a different hitsound on the end of it, and I decided to use it as a pace changer as well.
  25. 02:43:693 (5) - ok hereafter i won't mention these 4/8 sliders anymore because i don't get them most of the time due to there being too many things where you don't do them Idk it goes well with the vocals.
  26. 02:49:618 (3) - this is not nearly stressed enough to deserve such drastically different spacing compared to 02:49:093 (1,2) - :/ Re-arranged pattern, should be better.
  27. 03:05:293 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1) - left me confused at first, because the last section with these vocals was mapped more or less to the vocals while this is instruments/circles only so expectation of repeating verse with similar rhythms was not met in the slightest and i was left a bit confused until like 03:06:493 (1) - , and no the sudden spacing increase doesn't help me comprehending what's going on when i expect something like 01:00:493 (3,1,2,3,4) - Just like I want it, although the sections are similar, the build up is not the same and yet again, consistency is not my 2nd name most of thetimes lol. You better play it by reading it as it is and not predicting whatever you think I might do.
  28. 03:37:243 (4,5) - these being so close felt a bit weird while playing, seems like you only did this for the sake of neat looking stacking, do you prioritise that over gameplay or something or is this indeed suboptimal Actually it plays weird indeed, stacked them, feels better now.
  29. 03:47:143 - i don't really get why this is left out, this doesnt have a vocal calling for a breakdown or anything like that, it just has a regular sound that you used to map before, but now you ignore it lol Again, a pattern that could be mapped differently
  30. 03:58:093 (1) - 01:53:293 (1) - do these intentionally have completely different slidervelocities? seeing these makes me think there are a lot more inconsistencies among the way you speed up or slow down things, if you think these are issues you should go over this again to - hopefully - find more of them lol Yes, the preceding one's pattern is more intense that the one that appears later.
  31. why does the 2nd chorus feature so abnormally much more 1/8 notes compared to the first one? It doesn't?
  32. 04:07:093 (1,2,3,4,1) - doesn't intensity in this whole pattern increase but spacing does the exact opposite ._.? Actually in the last notes the intensity decreases, hence the spacing change.
  33. 04:07:693 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,1) - combochoices like this for something completely regular in terms of music don't make much sense with me but you do this a lot and sometimes it gives you really long and sometimes rather short combos in comparison, overall i don't think this contributes to how clean this map looks lol Oki doki, changed.
  34. 04:17:893 (1,2,1) - the way http://puu.sh/kYVdf/c29c1aab7a.jpg looks is uhh hh I think I fixed it now? Idk they are on the same coordinates.
  35. 04:30:193 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6) - these sv and spacing changes are coming pretty much out of nowhere for me especially since 04:30:193 (1) - 's length looks so similar to 04:29:893 (3) - The only reasoning except for "Ilikeit" that I can give is that 04:29:893 (3) - is held by vocal hence "slower", and 04:30:193 (1) - is also held until being kinda stopped by the small drum at the blue tick.
  36. 04:40:093 (1) - since the tick is not visible ingame (it only counts your combo) sliders like these are pretty much misleading me into thinking it's 1/4, the spacing to 04:40:693 (2) - doesn't help much with comprehending this pattern You're going to accept it and move on lol, if I start a slider on the instrument at 04:40:093 (1) -, I use a slow slider, I like it here.
[]

as you can see it got a lot shorter towards the end because i decided to stop mentioning a few of the things that i don't understand well enough to agree with their usage. This seems like an attempt to be as fancy as possible for every pattern, like ever, what sometimes hurts this piece of art on a logical level,
Idk what to think about it, but i guess that's not my job here, i hope any of this above helps you in any way and pls excuse me trolling you a few times in there, i just couldn't stop writing nonsense in one or 2 cases xD
Well mostly I have explanations, thank you very very much for the time spent on checking my crap map. I'm sorry for declining so many stuff, I hope my explanations are to your satisfication :P

@Zectro I'll check your map either tomorrow or later today, I need to study for a test and I used so much time lol.

The mods from my part will come asap.
Okoratu
taken from the part on the general ranking criteria in https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria#Audio

Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes. You can use hitsounds from the Custom Hitsound Library or easily find others online. Lowering the volume of a few notes to provide a dampened effect is usually fine, but complete silence is always unacceptable. The end of a spinner (or even the entire spinner) the sliding sound of a slider, and the end of a slider can be silent, but only do it if it makes sense. Finally, you cannot silence both slider ticks and slider slides together.
Topic Starter
Avishay

Zectro wrote:

[General]

In the beginning(no pun intended) of the map the changes between syncing the notes to the drums in the song (ex: 00:06:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - ) and between following the melody more (ex: 00:08:893 (3,1) - ) feels very weird since you'd expect for example a note on 00:09:343 -
etc, I think you probably get what I mean, you should try syncing it a bit more to one of the two instead of switching out the whole time. I follow the melody which feels the most significant and appropriate to follow.

Also all the sudden slider velocity changes are so overwhelming in the beginning of the map aswell, its like YO DUDE CALM DOWN A BIT and yeah it feels kinda weird at times. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this style, although it's a very complicated style that needs a lot of thought put into it and also needs a lot of polishing!

Also, please be careful, since a lot of parts feel overmapped due to the extreme slider velocity/sv changes.
And try to look at all the jumps you have in kiai sections again after reading through this mod, specially the second long kiai section (start: 03:29:893 - )
because quite a lot of them don't really feel right. (ex: 03:37:243 (4,5) - just does not feel right) This one was fixed from the previous mod, and yeah it was a really recent change, if you found anything as bad as this, you should've mentioned it.

[Beginning]

00:02:743 (2,3,4,5) - For some reason this is soo hard to read and get 300s on, it just doesn't feel well Seems pretty fine to me.
00:08:143 (2,1) - This is EXTREMELY confusing, since this is right at the beginning of the map, the player does not have a complete feel for the rythm yet, which makes this so incredibly confusing to read. Specially since the nc on 00:08:293 (1) - Egh.. They're spaced like regular 1/4 (or 1/2) notes would, the only thing that might be confusing is the anti jump which the NC indicates, and it is just fine.
00:09:493 (1) - This seems a little TOO slow, try using something like x0,60 sv instead It is supposed to be slow, to follow the held note and it looks great with the previous slider.
00:19:093 (1) - Too slow outta nowhere too, doesn't play very well and looks kinda weird, would recommend changing the sv to a little bit higher speed aswell Yeah, it is slow, not too much imo, I've already used 0.5x in this section and it goes just like I want with the held note and builds nicely into the next notes.
00:38:593 (1,1) - Could overlap eachother a little less Why? This overlap looks great.
00:47:293 (1,1) - There could be a little more space between these, since now it almost seems as if they are touching eachother which destroys the consistency of the space between blankets I don't think anyone sees it as they are touching each other, but yeah the spacing is bit extreme here. Changed.
01:33:493 (1,2,3,4,5) - These jumps just feel too forced Really? I actually think they are going pretty well with the song here.
01:53:293 (1) - Definetly too slow, I love the style you are using, but this is just too slow. Kills the flow Not going to change it, if you want reasoning, look out for previous mods.
02:08:893 (1) - Could look fancier Hm okay slightly reshaped.
02:16:393 (1) - Sudden speed change feels cheap But there's no speed change?
02:19:093 (3) - 4x kickslider feels meh I'll keep it anyway.
02:53:743 (2,3) - You can polish the way this looks a bit, right? There are no problems imo
03:02:293 (3,4) - I suggest nerfing these, there is not really a sound in the song that it fits to, only the vocals, that's why I suggest making the shape a little cleaner Although not the cleanest, I like them, and they present the vocals in the way I wanted them to.
04:12:043 (5) - I suggest putting this closer to 04:11:893 (4) - since it's very hard to notice that you still have to keep going there and make that jump since you'd think that you reached a slower point of the song muh reading skillz. Nah I think it is fine.
04:26:893 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - Feels over the top and overmapped. Perhaps it is overmapped, but doesn't feel over the top for me, it represents the song the way I wanted it.
04:30:793 (2,1) - This switch from x1,5sv to x0,75 is just too big, try using something like x85 or x90? Feels fine for me.

I'm a pretty big fan of this style, but as I said it's a lot of work to fully polish a map mapped in this style :D
So good luck!
Thank you for your time, I'm sorry for declining a lot of your suggestions, so I hope you could understand my perspective a bit better with my answers.
chucentry
Hi Avishay

Beginning
00:06:193 (1,2) - too high spacing in slow part. can be short and if u want 00:06:493 (3,4,5) - can use the same distance like here or do more big the distance in (3) and (4) but not a lot like (1) and (2)

00:21:193 (1,2,3,4,5) - maybe this http://puu.sh/l2Iny/42836e43c1.jpg if no tlike it can stack the (5) in (2)

00:53:293 (1,2,3,4) - (3) and (4) swap placement

01:01:543 (4,5) - for me sound better, first the note and them the slider

01:11:443 (1) - stack with slider

01:33:193 (3,4) - too short and all jumps are with big spacing and feels akward 01:33:343 (4) - maybe here? x:316 y:188

01:38:293 (1) - remove NC

02:45:343 (3) - try with stack where is the (4) i mean http://puu.sh/l2KIz/5b257837fc.jpg if u like it

02:46:543 (2) - are a lot of distance with the slider and is not a strong part. try with blanket the slider if u want

03:26:443 (1,2,3) - the distance here is a lot. not use all is no strong part to do this jump

03:36:943 (2,3,4,5) - zigzag jumps http://puu.sh/l2JX1/aa65ddd829.jpg

03:39:868 (4) - remove this and can do a triple here 03:40:018 -

03:41:893 (1) - Ctrl + G

03:42:193 (2) - this http://puu.sh/l2K3W/f8be5e7117.jpg

03:43:993 (2) - overmapped only a circle

03:50:893 (4,5,1) - for me this is a slider 1/2 cuz vocal is stend the last word
Topic Starter
Avishay

chucentry wrote:

Hi Avishay

Beginning
00:06:193 (1,2) - too high spacing in slow part. can be short and if u want 00:06:493 (3,4,5) - can use the same distance like here or do more big the distance in (3) and (4) but not a lot like (1) and (2) That's not really high and the part is not that slow.. It plays great as well so no real reason to change it.

00:21:193 (1,2,3,4,5) - maybe this http://puu.sh/l2Iny/42836e43c1.jpg if no tlike it can stack the (5) in (2) Actually I like it.

00:53:293 (1,2,3,4) - (3) and (4) swap placement Welp I like this one too.

01:01:543 (4,5) - for me sound better, first the note and them the slider I agree.

01:11:443 (1) - stack with slider This was intentional, I might stack it, but for the moment I will leave it as it is.

01:33:193 (3,4) - too short and all jumps are with big spacing and feels akward 01:33:343 (4) - maybe here? x:316 y:188 Nice.

01:38:293 (1) - remove NC V

02:45:343 (3) - try with stack where is the (4) i mean http://puu.sh/l2KIz/5b257837fc.jpg if u like it Nah, the current one follows instruments and vocals better.

02:46:543 (2) - are a lot of distance with the slider and is not a strong part. try with blanket the slider if u want Yeah the space is slightly big but it is fine nontheless.

03:26:443 (1,2,3) - the distance here is a lot. not use all is no strong part to do this jump It's where it starts getting intense man, it's fine.

03:36:943 (2,3,4,5) - zigzag jumps http://puu.sh/l2JX1/aa65ddd829.jpg Feels meh.

03:39:868 (4) - remove this and can do a triple here 03:40:018 - Nah current one with the vocals.

03:41:893 (1) - Ctrl + G Why?

03:42:193 (2) - this http://puu.sh/l2K3W/f8be5e7117.jpg Okay now it makes sense ^

03:43:993 (2) - overmapped only a circle Not the first time I overmap :P

03:50:893 (4,5,1) - for me this is a slider 1/2 cuz vocal is stend the last word Ruins intensity
Some really nice suggestions, thanks.
Lasse
I'll try

soft-hitfinish feels a tiny bit too loud, how about lowering the volume slightly with some audio editing software?

00:43:093 (1,2,3) - whenever I play this, movement feels a bit harsh, especielly in contrast to how "soft" the song is here, but idk how to fix that, so feel free to ingore
00:44:593 (1,2,1,2) - this for example fits way better

01:25:843 (6,1) - even when I abuse slider leniency to barely not get a 100 movement to 1 just feels off, no matter if using a more "snappy" or "floaty" playstyle, the slider -> circle movement doesn't feel right, maybe this shitty pictures explains what I mean:
http://i.imgur.com/jwa08Tq.png

02:19:093 (3) - feels unfitting here, it puts the same emphasis on "nothing" 02:19:243 / 02:19:543 as on the piano 02:19:393
http://i.imgur.com/1xKQcJv.jpg ?

02:47:293 (1,2) - moving 2 a bit higher would allow for better movement after the slider

03:17:293 (1,2,1) - would play/look better if you kept the same/similar angle and maybe even distance for both jumps, like you did with 03:17:893 (1,2,3) -

03:30:493 (3) - ctrl+g this and 03:30:793 (4) - this =>makes the movement flow better imo

03:53:743 (6) - blanketing this would looks so nice here

04:27:493 (3,4,5,6,1) - curve this slider a bit more and continue the movement into the burst, makes it less "choppy" imo
http://i.imgur.com/AWfIigj.jpg this is the idea bit it can obv. look better than what I quickly made here

small mod but maybe it can help, gl
Topic Starter
Avishay

Lasse wrote:

I'll try

soft-hitfinish feels a tiny bit too loud, how about lowering the volume slightly with some audio editing software?

00:43:093 (1,2,3) - whenever I play this, movement feels a bit harsh, especielly in contrast to how "soft" the song is here, but idk how to fix that, so feel free to ingore I guess, made something that plays much better.
00:44:593 (1,2,1,2) - this for example fits way better

01:25:843 (6,1) - even when I abuse slider leniency to barely not get a 100 movement to 1 just feels off, no matter if using a more "snappy" or "floaty" playstyle, the slider -> circle movement doesn't feel right, maybe this shitty pictures explains what I mean: I don't feel like this is the appropriate flow movement, the one that actually plays: there's a half circle curve from the slider head to the end, and then a really shard degree for the next circle, I think it's fine for now :|
http://i.imgur.com/jwa08Tq.png

02:19:093 (3) - feels unfitting here, it puts the same emphasis on "nothing" 02:19:243 / 02:19:543 as on the piano 02:19:393 As too many people mention it, I guess I'll change it.
http://i.imgur.com/1xKQcJv.jpg ?

02:47:293 (1,2) - moving 2 a bit higher would allow for better movement after the slider Correct. Changed.

03:17:293 (1,2,1) - would play/look better if you kept the same/similar angle and maybe even distance for both jumps, like you did with 03:17:893 (1,2,3) - It's supposed to emphasize 03:17:893 (1) - and indicate the SV change.

03:30:493 (3) - ctrl+g this and 03:30:793 (4) - this =>makes the movement flow better imo This goes really really well.

03:53:743 (6) - blanketing this would looks so nice here But the movement would be bad.

04:27:493 (3,4,5,6,1) - curve this slider a bit more and continue the movement into the burst, makes it less "choppy" imo
http://i.imgur.com/AWfIigj.jpg this is the idea bit it can obv. look better than what I quickly made here It's fine :S

small mod but maybe it can help, gl
Thanks.
Aleycks
Hi ! M4M reply :D

[Beginning]
00:03:643 (1) - 00:04:843 (1) - I don't get why the first one is stacked and the 2nd one is a jump. It's quite confusing. I think you should either stack the two or make them both a jump for consistency sake
01:02:593 (1) - 01:03:193 (4) - ^
There are other issues like this one throughout the map
00:05:743 (6,1) - Instead of such a break in the map I suggest you make 6 a slider that goes to the next blue tick
00:09:493 (1) - Why does this slider have such a low SV ? It's kinda flow breaking
00:18:493 (1) - This slider has a pretty weird shape...
00:38:143 (5,6) - Why do you stack these ? you could create a mouvement here
00:51:493 (3,4,5,1) - That's a very weird pattern, it sounds kinda wrong in the editor, and the spacing is very weird
01:06:943 (3) - This 1/8 slider is unnecessary
02:56:143 (2) - ^
01:22:543 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1) - The spacing is kinda chaotic in this pattern...
01:34:093 (5,1) - "pauses" like that feel wrong, especially in the kiai. Try a slider maybe
01:36:493 (10,1) - add a circle in between these two ?
01:41:743 (2,3,4) - I don't get why there is a triple here... I don't have my headphones so I can't really tell but it feels wrong
01:44:893 (1,2) - sliders would feel way better here
Basically I think you should fix the "pauses" there are in the kiai. It ruins the movement and the flow to have to wait to click the circles... You want this moment to be powerful, there shouldn't be pauses in it
02:45:193 (2,3) - Why are these two stacked ? I think it ruins the movement here
02:48:793 (3,4) - ^...
03:39:868 (4,5) - I don't get this. This triple doesn't feel necessary at all
03:59:593 (5,6,7,8,9) - That's a really weird pattern
Also same thing as above, there shouldn't be pauses in the kiai imo
04:09:343 (2,3) - overlap that could be fixed x_x
04:36:943 (5) - ?

Overall, this map is and OK map. It's kinda creative, but suffers from a lot of spacing inconsistencies imo... the SV changes are really hectic too, I think that you used them a bit too much when it's not always justified... The "pauses" you introduced really ruin the flow at times, and some rhythm inconsistencies too.

Well I think that's all. Hope I could help and good luck ! :)
Topic Starter
Avishay

Aleycks wrote:

Hi ! M4M reply :D

[Beginning]
00:03:643 (1) - 00:04:843 (1) - I don't get why the first one is stacked and the 2nd one is a jump. It's quite confusing. I think you should either stack the two or make them both a jump for consistency sake The whole section doesn't sound really different overall, I don't find consistency a necessity here.
01:02:593 (1) - 01:03:193 (4) - ^
There are other issues like this one throughout the map
00:05:743 (6,1) - Instead of such a break in the map I suggest you make 6 a slider that goes to the next blue tick Unnecessary, the break is supported by the music.
00:09:493 (1) - Why does this slider have such a low SV ? It's kinda flow breaking How is it flow breaking? and it is because of the held note and the obvious good looking pattern overall.
00:18:493 (1) - This slider has a pretty weird shape... Really? :O I disagree, and it plays really well.
00:38:143 (5,6) - Why do you stack these ? you could create a mouvement here Because the section ends and it goes nice with the music?
00:51:493 (3,4,5,1) - That's a very weird pattern, it sounds kinda wrong in the editor, and the spacing is very weird Not your usual pattern, I agree, but it's the way I follow the vocals and I like it.
01:06:943 (3) - This 1/8 slider is unnecessary Artificial 1/8 feels like it supports that section well imo.
02:56:143 (2) - ^ Same.
01:22:543 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,1) - The spacing is kinda chaotic in this pattern... I agree to some degree, rearranged some objects.
01:34:093 (5,1) - "pauses" like that feel wrong, especially in the kiai. Try a slider maybe It's fine? I don't think it's wrong or awkward at all, why do you think like that?
01:36:493 (10,1) - add a circle in between these two ? Yeah that'd be nice.
01:41:743 (2,3,4) - I don't get why there is a triple here... I don't have my headphones so I can't really tell but it feels wrong Vocal supporting, just fine imo.
01:44:893 (1,2) - sliders would feel way better here Indeed.
Basically I think you should fix the "pauses" there are in the kiai. It ruins the movement and the flow to have to wait to click the circles... You want this moment to be powerful, there shouldn't be pauses in it
02:45:193 (2,3) - Why are these two stacked ? I think it ruins the movement here Because vocals and instruments strongly support it, I think it enhances the music itself.
02:48:793 (3,4) - ^... Well this one is actually bad lol, fixed.
03:39:868 (4,5) - I don't get this. This triple doesn't feel necessary at all Uhm yeah I should've changed it a long time ago.
03:59:593 (5,6,7,8,9) - That's a really weird pattern Remapped.
Also same thing as above, there shouldn't be pauses in the kiai imo
04:09:343 (2,3) - overlap that could be fixed x_x Both overlaps are intentional :|
04:36:943 (5) - ? Listen closely, well it just follows the music as it is.

Overall, this map is and OK map. It's kinda creative, but suffers from a lot of spacing inconsistencies imo... the SV changes are really hectic too, I think that you used them a bit too much when it's not always justified... The "pauses" you introduced really ruin the flow at times, and some rhythm inconsistencies too.

Well I think that's all. Hope I could help and good luck ! :)
Thanks, I'll go over the beatmap with some new thoughts in head.
Lumin
Little modding (mostly with outlook, I'm bad at checking sounds, NC etc..)
Map is overall magnifient more like ranked material. Very nice!
00:17:743 (2,3) - Umm could this overlapping be avoided? Like lowering slider 5 slider end
00:30:193 (1,2) - this overlap too, it's not bad but it disturbs me :D
00:30:193 (1,2) - copypaste sliders?
00:35:293 (1,1) - not so nice overlap
00:38:593 (1,1) - copypaste sliders? and overlapping with different sliders are not so beautiful
00:38:893 (1,1) - Nc necessary?
00:45:793 (3,1) - Not so nice overlap again
00:46:993 (3,1) - Same^
01:17:893 (1) - Map has little too much this styled sliders, and I think that they could be shaped more nicely
01:19:693 (1) - I like this shape
01:26:293 (1,2) - that placing of circle 2 might confuse players, putting them further away or stacking would be better
01:34:693 (3,4) - Not so nice overlap
02:03:493 (1) - NC necessary?
02:20:743 (2,1) - This overlap grinds my gears
02:20:743 (2,1) - Same^
02:31:393 (1) - I don't see the necessity of NC because anything doesn't change and singer seems to be in middle of the sentence
02:34:093 (4,1) - Could be overlapped better or no overlapping at all
02:50:593 (2) - Should be reshaped
03:31:693 (1) - ^same, Dunno it this slider is even rankable
03:56:143 (1) - NC necessary?
03:59:743 (6,7) - I think that 7 is way too far from six, and there is not even so hard beat plus even when there is same sounds between 8 and 9 and they are "overspaced" but still its shorter jump than between 6 and 7
04:27:868 (4,5,6) - Can't hear beat between these
There's all I would do to this map. Hope this helps!
Rohit6
Hello!M4M
Things in brackets are just suggestions

Some things I'd like to say before you start reading and raging at me

Jenny wrote:

ADDITIONAL HITSOUNDING (CAREFUL!! DANGEROUS!!): You may use a slider's end/reverse arrow/ticks to emphasize additional layers in the song which are not part of the front layer (which naturally, you should be mapping and always prioritize) - this is dangerous because it can be very hard to keep the actual clicking and playing rhythm/emphasis of the main beat and frontline if you are trying to emphasize and feature too many things at once, therefore you should always consider your priorities first before doing anything like this
Taken from this

I really think you should go through that atleast once because I found a LOT of passive sliders, I know you tried to follow the vocals and then hitsound with the instruments for hitconfirm but it just made it all the more confusing for me during play and while modding

I feel the main problem with passiveness starts from 02:02:893 - here

[Beginning]

00:02:743 (2) - Passive slider,ends on the downbeat so it isnt emphasized correctly,highly suggested turning it into a 1/4 slider and a circle so the downbeat gets the emphasis it needs

00:38:593 (1,1,1,2,1,2) - The drop in SV feels very unnatural, its gonna cause a lot of slider breaks later on so I suggest playing around with the SV of
00:39:793 (1) - this slider so it feels more natural

01:24:943 - You've mapped to the instruments here but started the kiai where the vocals resume,highly suggest starting the kiai here 01:24:493 - which is where you hear the big cymbal crash

01:39:793 (4) - Sliderstart is on a weaker beat than the sliderend which should generally never happen, you want the players to play the rhythm in which you've hitsounded and you've even put a strong ting at the sliderend ,if you really want the slider, end it a tick earlier and put a circle on the white tick,because the white tick NEEDS to be clicked

01:40:693 (3) - Same as above because the 1-1-1 drums begin on the slider and it feels lackluster in terms of play

01:52:093 (4,5) - Unnecessary 1/4 snap which isnt supported by anything in the music , maybe try and ctrl+g the 5

01:56:893 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) - This is one whole combo where you play the 1-1-1-1-1-1 drums , so there's no need to seperate the combo by an NC

02:02:143 (3,1,2,3,4) - Again,there's a strong drum beat on the sliderend, which isnt contributing to the start of the 1-1-1-1-1 drums which are repeated throughout the map , something like 01:33:493 (1,2,3,4,5) - this would be brilliant because these are near perfect in terms of pressure and angling

02:05:143 (2) - I know this is a slow section but please avoid covering the downbeats by reverse arrows/sliderends

02:05:593 (3) - Another huge drum sound on the sliderend

02:13:993 (1) - [Maybe turn this into a 1/2 slider and then a circle on the white tick,but the slider that you have right is fine]

02:16:393 (1) - Another passive slider

02:20:893 (1) - Reduce volume on sliderend,its producing unneeded sound

02:23:293 (1) - Passive slider, try and make it more like 02:24:493 (2,3) - this

02:25:393 (1) - Passive slider [2 1/2 sliders would work here]

02:28:693 (3) - Passive slider covering the downbeat,highly suggest changing this

02:29:893 (1,2,3,4) - The positioning of 2 breaks the flow too much in such a calm section , something like thiswould be optimal

02:31:393 (1) - Passive slider covering the downbeat

02:37:093 (3) - Passive slider with a strong hitsound on it which needs to be clicked

02:40:693 (3) - You click all the strong cymbals 02:38:893 (1,2,1) - but not on the last slider ,highly suggest removing the reverse arrow and putting clickable beats on the downbeat

02:44:593 (4) - Passive slider

02:55:393 (3) - Passive slider on downbeat

03:13:543 (7) - Sliderend covering cymbal,make it 1/4slider with a circle

03:18:493 (3) - Silderend covering the most important beat of the next combo,highly suggest changing this

03:23:143 (2) - Has a kick at the sliderend ,please dont do this

03:30:793 (4) - Sliderend on strong beat

03:31:243 (5) - Playing around with the sliderticks is cool but if you're gonna follow the vocals/instruments in a section then I suggest you keep following them throughout the whole section,because if you try to hitsound everything in a section it will reflect badly and create inconsistencies everywhere

03:38:293 (5) - Suggest you NC here to seperate the 1-1-1-1 drums from the rest of the previous combo

03:40:543 (7) - Passive slider

03:40:543 (7,1) - Passive sliders

04:13:693 (1,2) - 3 1/2 sliders fit perfectly,highly recommend changing this because it goes 1-2-1-2-1-2 but you've put a 1-2-3-1-2-3

04:14:893 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - Hate to say this but the beatpairing is incorrect because its 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 and not 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2

04:17:893 (1,2,1) - The 2 is barely visible here,suggest creating some space in between the sliders and making the 2 more visible

04:35:743 (6,7,8,9) - Sliderend on start of 1-1-1-1 drums

04:37:543 (2) - Sliderend on kick

04:37:993 (4) - [You can keep this but its better if you remove the reverse arrow and put a circle on the white tick]

04:38:743 (2) - This one is pretty obvious

04:40:993 (1) - Sliderend on downbeat

04:42:193 (2,3) - [Could make the 2 a 1/2 slider so it feels less emptier]

04:43:093 (2) - Passive slider ending on downbeat

04:54:493 (1,2) - [Can add a circle on the blue tick]

04:55:693 (1,2,1) - ^

05:00:193 (1,2) - Up the spacing for the big finish

If you have any questions you can catch me ingame, I'll be happy to give my reasoning on the mods I've suggested
Topic Starter
Avishay

]Nymph[ wrote:

Little modding (mostly with outlook, I'm bad at checking sounds, NC etc..)
Map is overall magnifient more like ranked material. Very nice!
00:17:743 (2,3) - Umm could this overlapping be avoided? Like lowering slider 5 slider end Sure.
00:30:193 (1,2) - this overlap too, it's not bad but it disturbs me :D Alright as well.
00:30:193 (1,2) - copypaste sliders? Are you talking about those 00:30:793 (1,2) - ? Because the other doesn't make sense and they're identical/
00:35:293 (1,1) - not so nice overlap I like it.
00:38:593 (1,1) - copypaste sliders? and overlapping with different sliders are not so beautiful On purpose, I like it, it emphasizes the change in music along with vocals.
00:38:893 (1,1) - Nc necessary? SV change so yes.
00:45:793 (3,1) - Not so nice overlap again On purpose, I like it.
00:46:993 (3,1) - Same^ ^
01:17:893 (1) - Map has little too much this styled sliders, and I think that they could be shaped more nicely It's fine imo.
01:19:693 (1) - I like this shape 8-)
01:26:293 (1,2) - that placing of circle 2 might confuse players, putting them further away or stacking would be better I disagree, it's not hard to read at all, especially with that AR.
01:34:693 (3,4) - Not so nice overlap To be honest I like this one a lot.
02:03:493 (1) - NC necessary? I can't explain it but it feels appropriate here, you are the first to mention it.
02:20:743 (2,1) - This overlap grinds my gears Lmao yeah it is terrible, fixed.
02:20:743 (2,1) - Same^ Those are the same sliders lol.
02:31:393 (1) - I don't see the necessity of NC because anything doesn't change and singer seems to be in middle of the sentence SV changes.
02:34:093 (4,1) - Could be overlapped better or no overlapping at all Overlap is pretty fine imo.
02:50:593 (2) - Should be reshaped Added a curve to the second vector.
03:31:693 (1) - ^same, Dunno it this slider is even rankable Why wouldn't it be?
03:56:143 (1) - NC necessary? SV
03:59:743 (6,7) - I think that 7 is way too far from six, and there is not even so hard beat plus even when there is same sounds between 8 and 9 and they are "overspaced" but still its shorter jump than between 6 and 7 Slightly modified spacings.
04:27:868 (4,5,6) - Can't hear beat between these Yeah, artificial beat, add intensity to the strong section.
There's all I would do to this map. Hope this helps!
Thanks!
Lumin
Oh shit, seems like I copypasted same section twice on two parts, let me fix it :D

00:32:893 (1,2) - copypaste sliders? (I meant these :D)

02:31:093 (1,1) - Same^ (I meant these)
Topic Starter
Avishay

Rohit6 wrote:

Hello!M4M
Things in brackets are just suggestions

Some things I'd like to say before you start reading and raging at me

Jenny wrote:

ADDITIONAL HITSOUNDING (CAREFUL!! DANGEROUS!!): You may use a slider's end/reverse arrow/ticks to emphasize additional layers in the song which are not part of the front layer (which naturally, you should be mapping and always prioritize) - this is dangerous because it can be very hard to keep the actual clicking and playing rhythm/emphasis of the main beat and frontline if you are trying to emphasize and feature too many things at once, therefore you should always consider your priorities first before doing anything like this
Taken from this

I really think you should go through that atleast once because I found a LOT of passive sliders, I know you tried to follow the vocals and then hitsound with the instruments for hitconfirm but it just made it all the more confusing for me during play and while modding

I feel the main problem with passiveness starts from 02:02:893 - here

[Beginning]

00:02:743 (2) - Passive slider,ends on the downbeat so it isnt emphasized correctly,highly suggested turning it into a 1/4 slider and a circle so the downbeat gets the emphasis it needs

00:38:593 (1,1,1,2,1,2) - The drop in SV feels very unnatural, its gonna cause a lot of slider breaks later on so I suggest playing around with the SV of
00:39:793 (1) - this slider so it feels more natural I disagree, feels pretty fine to me, never had slider breaks here.

01:24:943 - You've mapped to the instruments here but started the kiai where the vocals resume,highly suggest starting the kiai here 01:24:493 - which is where you hear the big cymbal crash Seems pointless, everyone would percieve it differently, I feel that the kiai start is justified with the vocals.

01:39:793 (4) - Sliderstart is on a weaker beat than the sliderend which should generally never happen, you want the players to play the rhythm in which you've hitsounded and you've even put a strong ting at the sliderend ,if you really want the slider, end it a tick earlier and put a circle on the white tick,because the white tick NEEDS to be clicked Could work too, however I barely (if at all) use the 3/4 (7/8) slider to cricle trick in this map, the current pattern is not terrible and plays nice eitherway.

01:40:693 (3) - Same as above because the 1-1-1 drums begin on the slider and it feels lackluster in terms of play Yeah but it is not mandatory, I don't really play on the drums here, this is why I stacked the slider end with the circle and then made a jump on the strong note.

01:52:093 (4,5) - Unnecessary 1/4 snap which isnt supported by anything in the music , maybe try and ctrl+g the 5 Goes along really well with the vocals, listen closely.

01:56:893 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) - This is one whole combo where you play the 1-1-1-1-1-1 drums , so there's no need to seperate the combo by an NC Oops, fixed.

02:02:143 (3,1,2,3,4) - Again,there's a strong drum beat on the sliderend, which isnt contributing to the start of the 1-1-1-1-1 drums which are repeated throughout the map , something like 01:33:493 (1,2,3,4,5) - this would be brilliant because these are near perfect in terms of pressure and angling It's completely fine and intentional, the stong finish is supposed to be a kind of halt and a defining line between each line, then the square comes and believe me it plays great.

02:05:143 (2) - I know this is a slow section but please avoid covering the downbeats by reverse arrows/sliderends I am following the ringing sounds as the main instrument here, everything else is an addition.

02:05:593 (3) - Another huge drum sound on the sliderend And it's actually pretty good as the slider end of a long slow slider

02:13:993 (1) - [Maybe turn this into a 1/2 slider and then a circle on the white tick,but the slider that you have right is fine] Actually I like this suggestion, changed.

02:16:393 (1) - Another passive slider

02:20:893 (1) - Reduce volume on sliderend,its producing unneeded sound Intentional.

02:23:293 (1) - Passive slider, try and make it more like 02:24:493 (2,3) - this The music could be mapped in various ways here, I did what felt natural to me, and this works.

02:25:393 (1) - Passive slider [2 1/2 sliders would work here] Coudld work but creates unnecessary intensity while I want the intensity to start at the vocals.

02:28:693 (3) - Passive slider covering the downbeat,highly suggest changing this Actually yeah this doesn't play that well, changed.

02:29:893 (1,2,3,4) - The positioning of 2 breaks the flow too much in such a calm section , something like thiswould be optimal Nice.

02:31:393 (1) - Passive slider covering the downbeat CHANGED WHOLE PATTEERN TO SOMETHIGN MUACH NAICER

02:37:093 (3) - Passive slider with a strong hitsound on it which needs to be clicked Uhm, changed the pattern to support vocals with instruments better.

02:40:693 (3) - You click all the strong cymbals 02:38:893 (1,2,1) - but not on the last slider ,highly suggest removing the reverse arrow and putting clickable beats on the downbeat Nah, plays really well, goes nicely as a halt.

02:44:593 (4) - Passive slider

02:55:393 (3) - Passive slider on downbeat

03:13:543 (7) - Sliderend covering cymbal,make it 1/4slider with a circle K

03:18:493 (3) - Silderend covering the most important beat of the next combo,highly suggest changing this K

03:23:143 (2) - Has a kick at the sliderend ,please dont do this alright.

03:30:793 (4) - Sliderend on strong beat k

03:31:243 (5) - Playing around with the sliderticks is cool but if you're gonna follow the vocals/instruments in a section then I suggest you keep following them throughout the whole section,because if you try to hitsound everything in a section it will reflect badly and create inconsistencies everywhere freestyle yo, I don't follow complete consistency, it is a random result.

03:38:293 (5) - Suggest you NC here to seperate the 1-1-1-1 drums from the rest of the previous combo Sure.

03:40:543 (7) - Passive slider

03:40:543 (7,1) - Passive sliders

04:13:693 (1,2) - 3 1/2 sliders fit perfectly,highly recommend changing this because it goes 1-2-1-2-1-2 but you've put a 1-2-3-1-2-3 Both me and you were wrong, this is the right pattern:

04:14:893 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - Hate to say this but the beatpairing is incorrect because its 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 and not 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2 Changed to something that goes along with the music better.

04:17:893 (1,2,1) - The 2 is barely visible here,suggest creating some space in between the sliders and making the 2 more visible NC is the most I'll do here.

04:35:743 (6,7,8,9) - Sliderend on start of 1-1-1-1 drums As long as it plays well, who cares.

04:37:543 (2) - Sliderend on kick On purpose.

04:37:993 (4) - [You can keep this but its better if you remove the reverse arrow and put a circle on the white tick] I'kk leep.

04:38:743 (2) - This one is pretty obvious Yep, I'll keep it.

04:40:993 (1) - Sliderend on downbeat

04:42:193 (2,3) - [Could make the 2 a 1/2 slider so it feels less emptier] But it doesn't feel empty at all.

04:43:093 (2) - Passive slider ending on downbeat

04:54:493 (1,2) - [Can add a circle on the blue tick] Yeah I tried those but following the lyrics option seems like the best option to me.

04:55:693 (1,2,1) - ^

05:00:193 (1,2) - Up the spacing for the big finish Seems justified.

If you have any questions you can catch me ingame, I'll be happy to give my reasoning on the mods I've suggested
Thanks, I'll note (apply it to the uncommented lines): Mapping is subjective, yeah obviously if you follow some rules regarding the downbeat and such (as the way that *insert any of 90% of all the mappers name* maps) you probably would have a great rhythm 99% of the time, but some irregular patterns work well as well, I don't like being generic, like not at all.
Topic Starter
Avishay

]Nymph[ wrote:

Oh shit, seems like I copypasted same section twice on two parts, let me fix it :D

00:32:893 (1,2) - copypaste sliders? (I meant these :D)

02:31:093 (1,1) - Same^ (I meant these)
Both changed regardless :P
Krfawy
Not my type but still more playable than 2015.

Bara-

Next BN wrote:

Okoratu
log

2015-11-15 16:00 Okoratu: o lemme play it
2015-11-15 16:00 Okoratu: wajl
2015-11-15 16:01 Avishay: o.o
2015-11-15 16:01 Okoratu: 00:08:293 (1) - 00:03:343 - 00:04:543 - 00:05:743 -
2015-11-15 16:01 Okoratu: z
2015-11-15 16:02 Avishay: who creas xd
2015-11-15 16:09 Okoratu: the way you interpret this song is 3dgy
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: her vocals are making me wet, what can i do
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: and yeah I like to listen closely as well
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: the hitsounds are closely detailed relatively to the song
2015-11-15 16:10 Okoratu: can't relate i usually hate hanatan
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: :<
2015-11-15 16:11 Okoratu: but i don't hate her as much as yuikonnu
2015-11-15 16:11 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:11 Avishay: lmao
2015-11-15 16:12 Okoratu: i don't think this'll get through qualified
2015-11-15 16:12 Avishay: well have you seen what other shit is being ranked
2015-11-15 16:13 Okoratu: yes and it amkes me sad on a daily basis
2015-11-15 16:13 Avishay: xd
2015-11-15 16:13 Avishay: you ranked one of those maps
2015-11-15 16:13 Avishay: perhaps more
2015-11-15 16:13 Okoratu: i think the only controversial map i qualified was
2015-11-15 16:13 Okoratu: deconstruction star
2015-11-15 16:14 Avishay: yep,
2015-11-15 16:14 Okoratu: for the rest i was like nopeeeeeeee
2015-11-15 16:14 Avishay: well are you going to help me push it forward/ ;;
2015-11-15 16:16 Avishay: yeah some patterns are really awkward at this diff
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: i am desperate for love
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: girls with
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: ?
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: wut
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: xD
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: oh
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: it is censodre
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: I said
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: pu$$y
2015-11-15 16:21 Okoratu: no but XD
2015-11-15 16:21 Okoratu: what kind of threat is that
2015-11-15 16:22 Avishay: a very threateaning threat
2015-11-15 16:22 Avishay: >JUST DO IT<
2015-11-15 16:37 Avishay: well Iguess you don't want to rank my map do ya lol, just say
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: im eating sth rn and thinking about doing it or not
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: lol
2015-11-15 16:38 Avishay: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Zdf7Afgfq8Q/maxresdefault.jpg
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: my main issue with it is that you take consistency and throw it out of your list of concepts
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: LOL
2015-11-15 16:39 Avishay: YEP
2015-11-15 16:39 Avishay: sometimes I use it if I feel that it fits perfectly
2015-11-15 16:39 Avishay: but if it's not mandatory, then why
2015-11-15 16:41 Okoratu: it's just like a basic concept most people use and stuff lol
2015-11-15 16:41 Okoratu: expecially if songs have repeated choruses etc
2015-11-15 16:41 Avishay: >most people use<
2015-11-15 16:41 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:41 Avishay: i hate being generic
2015-11-15 16:42 Avishay: i do waht feels good man
2015-11-15 16:42 Okoratu: maybe we'll get an angry qat to mod it
2015-11-15 16:42 Okoratu: by qualifying
2015-11-15 16:42 Avishay: lmao
2015-11-15 16:43 Avishay: "angry qat"
2015-11-15 16:43 Okoratu: p/4637633 made ppl angry too
2015-11-15 16:44 Avishay: tho it is just an normal hard map
2015-11-15 16:44 Avishay: and kyubey is pretty experienced
2015-11-15 16:44 Okoratu: ppl were still angry
2015-11-15 16:44 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:44 Avishay: but well they let that slip, who the fuck plays those difficulies ;d
2015-11-15 16:45 Okoratu: i like playing hards from time to time
2015-11-15 16:45 Avishay: there are only some very specific songs I'd play on lower difficulties
2015-11-15 16:46 Avishay: just beacuse of the song itself
2015-11-15 16:46 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmtl2/87d14061b0.png
2015-11-15 16:46 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:47 Avishay: oh dammmm
2015-11-15 16:47 Avishay: 07th expansion is gud indeed
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: as i started i thought those Hards were the average hard
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: and spent like a long time passing them
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: and then i realised those are insane diffs
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:47 Avishay: wow u so gud at game
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: there are some certain maps
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: that I played too much as I was a shit tier player
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: and now I can't play them at all
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: my brain remembers the movements of noob me
2015-11-15 17:20 Okoratu: did anyone ever ask you about metadata
2015-11-15 17:20 Okoratu: on that beginning xd
2015-11-15 17:20 Avishay: um
2015-11-15 17:20 Avishay: I got one post on metadatra
2015-11-15 17:20 Avishay: sec
2015-11-15 17:21 Avishay: p/4593988
2015-11-15 17:21 Avishay: the metadata is taken from the album
2015-11-15 17:21 Avishay: and the tags are well, describing the background
2015-11-15 17:22 Avishay: wish I could have it as just 'Hanatan' but that'd lead to a DQ for sure
2015-11-15 17:52 Avishay: soooooooooooo
2015-11-15 18:37 Okoratu: 02:49:618 (3,4) - i still think this is lik
2015-11-15 18:37 Okoratu: e
2015-11-15 18:37 Okoratu: terrible
2015-11-15 18:39 Okoratu: 03:36:943 (2,4,5) - enable stacking and this will look super stupid
2015-11-15 18:41 Okoratu: 03:54:193 (3,4,5) - looks off as well
2015-11-15 18:41 Okoratu: 04:00:343 (1,2) - is off xd
2015-11-15 18:42 Okoratu: 04:17:893 (1,2,1) - already annoyed me the last time i looked at it
2015-11-15 18:44 Avishay: alright gimme am oment
2015-11-15 18:46 Avishay: I really don't get what do you mean by "off"
2015-11-15 18:46 Okoratu: now i have to make pictures again fuck this
2015-11-15 18:47 Avishay: o.o
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: 03:54:418 (4) -
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: nic
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: i closed the chat
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmAFW/032f004f4f.jpg
2015-11-15 18:47 Avishay: lmao
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: is basically that and then it doesn't stack correctly
2015-11-15 18:48 Avishay: oh you should've said to simply fix the stack heh
2015-11-15 18:48 Okoratu: 03:58:918 (2) - sam
2015-11-15 18:48 Okoratu: e
2015-11-15 18:48 Avishay: fixeddd
2015-11-15 18:48 Okoratu: 04:00:343 (1,2,3) - as
2015-11-15 18:49 Avishay: 02:49:693 (3,4) - as for this I remoed the 1/8 note
2015-11-15 18:49 Okoratu: 04:19:543 (2) - just looks clusterfuck dum http://puu.sh/lmAOS/d6e33c4761.jpg
2015-11-15 18:50 Okoratu: THANKS
2015-11-15 18:50 Avishay: mehh I will make some distance between those then
2015-11-15 18:50 Avishay: 03:36:943 (2,4,5) - still trying to figure out what toi do then xd
2015-11-15 18:50 Okoratu: 03:37:243 (4,5) - moving these by 4x4y or 8x8y maybe
2015-11-15 18:52 Okoratu: od 9 maybe idk up to you lols
2015-11-15 18:53 Avishay: sure
2015-11-15 18:53 Avishay: more pp xd
2015-11-15 18:53 Avishay: 03:37:243 (4,5) - I created a lightly different pattern, no stacking now
2015-11-15 18:54 Avishay: can I increase the AR a bit? some patterns a circle intense
2015-11-15 18:54 Avishay: are*
2015-11-15 18:54 Okoratu: i had absolutely no problem with 9.2
2015-11-15 18:54 Avishay: alright then
2015-11-15 18:55 Avishay: cool ill update
2015-11-15 18:56 Avishay: done
2015-11-15 18:57 Avishay: lmaoo
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: flower
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: bread
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: egg
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: lettuce
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: nice
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: i always wanted to search for bg images
2015-11-15 18:57 Avishay: gotta describe 'dat background
2015-11-15 18:58 Avishay: the thing is 'flower' is the album name so there isn't too much to add lol
2015-11-15 18:58 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmBp3/9a8d91318b.png
2015-11-15 18:58 Okoratu: XD
2015-11-15 18:59 Okoratu: lsslsl malo
2015-11-15 18:59 Okoratu: ff
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: xd
2015-11-15 18:59 Okoratu: ffWffefmfIfg
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: I think I took the mp3 from rakuen's set
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: yep
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: it's from there
2015-11-15 19:00 Avishay: prob his pc puked some wrong encoding because of japanese
2015-11-15 19:03 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmBGp/715dcc43b0.jpg
2015-11-15 19:03 Avishay: well so far it was just one song
2015-11-15 19:04 Avishay: everything else is sw@g
2015-11-15 19:04 Okoratu: nah he knows what i've mapped since 2012 basically
2015-11-15 19:04 Okoratu: xD
2015-11-15 19:04 Avishay: dark secrets hmm
2015-11-15 19:08 Avishay: can we finish ._.
2015-11-15 19:08 Okoratu: blah
2015-11-15 19:08 Avishay: wat blah
2015-11-15 19:09 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmC4g/185a006075.jpg
2015-11-15 19:09 Okoratu: can u replace ur normal-hitclap with http://puu.sh/lmC6T/d9f07d2f3c.wav thank
2015-11-15 19:09 Avishay: mapping-god.com ?
2015-11-15 19:11 Avishay: isn't it the same o.o
2015-11-15 19:11 Avishay: perhaps there was ome delay lol
2015-11-15 19:11 Okoratu: except a few ms in the beginning are missing in this one
2015-11-15 19:11 Avishay: updating eitherway
2015-11-15 19:12 Avishay: bam chakalaka
2015-11-15 19:13 Okoratu: wot was the explanation for the sudden quiet sliderends in the beginning of this thing
2015-11-15 19:13 Okoratu: i still don't really get it
2015-11-15 19:14 Avishay: cuz music volume changes, so I supported it
2015-11-15 19:14 Avishay: 00:07:393 (7,1) - you mean those right
2015-11-15 19:15 Avishay: or
2015-11-15 19:15 Avishay: just because there isn't a note lol
2015-11-15 19:15 Avishay: and I need the slider to make it play well
2015-11-15 19:15 Okoratu: 00:07:993 -
2015-11-15 19:15 Okoratu: no im talking about the volume changes on things with obvious and loud notes
2015-11-15 19:15 Okoratu: lo l
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: well it stays the same? o.o
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: higher hitsound volume on stronger note
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: lower on weaker notes
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: relatively loud hitsound on relatively weak note is meh
2015-11-15 19:17 Okoratu: 00:12:493 (1,2,3,4) - 00:10:093 (1,2,3) - wots the difference why asl;dfkj
2015-11-15 19:18 Avishay: um I only lowered the hitsound on 00:12:193 (5) - ?
2015-11-15 19:18 Avishay: both of those have 35%
2015-11-15 19:18 Okoratu: 00:10:393 - has 15%
2015-11-15 19:18 Okoratu: 00:12:493 (1,2,3,4) - have 35
2015-11-15 19:19 Avishay: oh oops I messed up with what yo usent lol
2015-11-15 19:19 Okoratu: these are the voluem changes i don't get
2015-11-15 19:19 Okoratu: like there's some circles ouder than others for reasons i don't really comprehend
2015-11-15 19:19 Okoratu: lol
2015-11-15 19:20 Avishay: oh well I should've probably added the 15% on the other pattern as well
2015-11-15 19:20 Avishay: I did it because it supports the beginning really nicely
2015-11-15 19:20 Avishay: same hitsound level on different strength of notes is mehh
2015-11-15 19:20 Okoratu: the
2015-11-15 19:20 Okoratu: Be
2015-11-15 19:20 Okoratu: gi n n in g
2015-11-15 19:21 Avishay: lmao you make me want to change the diff name already
2015-11-15 19:22 Okoratu: z
2015-11-15 19:23 Okoratu: if it dqs for hitsounding etc then i'll end u ok
2015-11-15 19:23 Okoratu: or because they think ur overmapping doesn't make much sense
2015-11-15 19:23 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 19:23 Avishay: im a pro dude
2015-11-15 19:23 Avishay: sec let me update with hte hitsound thingy
2015-11-15 19:25 Avishay: mmmkay it's updated
2015-11-15 19:25 Avishay: and if that's actually going to be dq because of them well
2015-11-15 19:25 Avishay: uck the system
2015-11-15 19:32 Okoratu: so
2015-11-15 19:32 Okoratu: did you do the thigns
2015-11-15 19:33 Avishay: ye I just added 2 hitsound points
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: brb deleting your ma
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: yey i have a pending set xdd
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: adf
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: pressed up and enter
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 19:33 Avishay: wat o.o
2015-11-15 19:34 Okoratu: i wrote that to zectro and then accidentally pressed up and enter here
2015-11-15 19:34 Avishay: ohh
2015-11-15 19:34 Avishay: lol
2015-11-15 19:34 Okoratu: nice
2015-11-15 19:36 Okoratu: lol
2015-11-15 19:37 Okoratu: this is 5:00:000
2015-11-15 19:37 Avishay: yeppppppppppp
2015-11-15 19:37 Avishay: I am a god
2015-11-15 19:37 Okoratu: why is base sv capped at 3.6
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: cuz bpm is 100
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: why
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: oh
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: is
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: base sv capped at 3.6
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: oops
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: that was a general question
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: i don't get it
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: prob could manually edit it like sv above 2.0 or below 0.5
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: ask peppy
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: no you can't
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: i tried that
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: it 1. assumes everything >3.6 equals 3.6
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: and will overwrite it with 3.6x in the file if you save
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: it's a really hard limit
2015-11-15 19:39 Avishay: idk then, engine restrictions? xd
2015-11-15 19:40 Okoratu: and for most purposes this is enough but if you mapped a song with 2.0x sv and then have to have bpm
2015-11-15 19:40 Okoratu: you're basically doomed to slap green lines everywhere
2015-11-15 19:40 Okoratu: l ol
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: there are a lot of problems with editing maps
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: problems like this
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: or other necessary tools
2015-11-15 19:41 Okoratu: at least we got 6.0x ds now
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: lol
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: I made a program to mass add timing points
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: really useful
2015-11-15 19:43 Avishay: http://puu.sh/lmEn6/7f3f5f62a6.png
2015-11-15 19:43 Avishay: crappy UI but it works
2015-11-15 19:47 Okoratu: ok so
2015-11-15 19:47 Okoratu: i don't think i have any more complaints that you think are worth listening to
2015-11-15 19:48 Avishay: im amazing i know
2015-11-15 19:50 Okoratu: ok
2015-11-15 19:50 Okoratu: do i have to provide logs
Topic Starter
Avishay

Okoratu wrote:

log

2015-11-15 16:00 Okoratu: o lemme play it
2015-11-15 16:00 Okoratu: wajl
2015-11-15 16:01 Avishay: o.o
2015-11-15 16:01 Okoratu: 00:08:293 (1) - 00:03:343 - 00:04:543 - 00:05:743 -
2015-11-15 16:01 Okoratu: z
2015-11-15 16:02 Avishay: who creas xd
2015-11-15 16:09 Okoratu: the way you interpret this song is 3dgy
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: her vocals are making me wet, what can i do
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: and yeah I like to listen closely as well
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: the hitsounds are closely detailed relatively to the song
2015-11-15 16:10 Okoratu: can't relate i usually hate hanatan
2015-11-15 16:10 Avishay: :<
2015-11-15 16:11 Okoratu: but i don't hate her as much as yuikonnu
2015-11-15 16:11 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:11 Avishay: lmao
2015-11-15 16:12 Okoratu: i don't think this'll get through qualified
2015-11-15 16:12 Avishay: well have you seen what other shit is being ranked
2015-11-15 16:13 Okoratu: yes and it amkes me sad on a daily basis
2015-11-15 16:13 Avishay: xd
2015-11-15 16:13 Avishay: you ranked one of those maps
2015-11-15 16:13 Avishay: perhaps more
2015-11-15 16:13 Okoratu: i think the only controversial map i qualified was
2015-11-15 16:13 Okoratu: deconstruction star
2015-11-15 16:14 Avishay: yep,
2015-11-15 16:14 Okoratu: for the rest i was like nopeeeeeeee
2015-11-15 16:14 Avishay: well are you going to help me push it forward/ ;;
2015-11-15 16:16 Avishay: yeah some patterns are really awkward at this diff
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: i am desperate for love
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: girls with
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: ?
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: wut
2015-11-15 16:20 Okoratu: xD
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: oh
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: it is censodre
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: I said
2015-11-15 16:20 Avishay: pu$$y
2015-11-15 16:21 Okoratu: no but XD
2015-11-15 16:21 Okoratu: what kind of threat is that
2015-11-15 16:22 Avishay: a very threateaning threat
2015-11-15 16:22 Avishay: >JUST DO IT<
2015-11-15 16:37 Avishay: well Iguess you don't want to rank my map do ya lol, just say
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: im eating sth rn and thinking about doing it or not
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: lol
2015-11-15 16:38 Avishay: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Zdf7Afgfq8Q/maxresdefault.jpg
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: my main issue with it is that you take consistency and throw it out of your list of concepts
2015-11-15 16:38 Okoratu: LOL
2015-11-15 16:39 Avishay: YEP
2015-11-15 16:39 Avishay: sometimes I use it if I feel that it fits perfectly
2015-11-15 16:39 Avishay: but if it's not mandatory, then why
2015-11-15 16:41 Okoratu: it's just like a basic concept most people use and stuff lol
2015-11-15 16:41 Okoratu: expecially if songs have repeated choruses etc
2015-11-15 16:41 Avishay: >most people use<
2015-11-15 16:41 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:41 Avishay: i hate being generic
2015-11-15 16:42 Avishay: i do waht feels good man
2015-11-15 16:42 Okoratu: maybe we'll get an angry qat to mod it
2015-11-15 16:42 Okoratu: by qualifying
2015-11-15 16:42 Avishay: lmao
2015-11-15 16:43 Avishay: "angry qat"
2015-11-15 16:43 Okoratu: p/4637633 made ppl angry too
2015-11-15 16:44 Avishay: tho it is just an normal hard map
2015-11-15 16:44 Avishay: and kyubey is pretty experienced
2015-11-15 16:44 Okoratu: ppl were still angry
2015-11-15 16:44 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:44 Avishay: but well they let that slip, who the fuck plays those difficulies ;d
2015-11-15 16:45 Okoratu: i like playing hards from time to time
2015-11-15 16:45 Avishay: there are only some very specific songs I'd play on lower difficulties
2015-11-15 16:46 Avishay: just beacuse of the song itself
2015-11-15 16:46 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmtl2/87d14061b0.png
2015-11-15 16:46 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:47 Avishay: oh dammmm
2015-11-15 16:47 Avishay: 07th expansion is gud indeed
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: as i started i thought those Hards were the average hard
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: and spent like a long time passing them
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: and then i realised those are insane diffs
2015-11-15 16:47 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 16:47 Avishay: wow u so gud at game
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: there are some certain maps
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: that I played too much as I was a shit tier player
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: and now I can't play them at all
2015-11-15 16:48 Avishay: my brain remembers the movements of noob me
2015-11-15 17:20 Okoratu: did anyone ever ask you about metadata
2015-11-15 17:20 Okoratu: on that beginning xd
2015-11-15 17:20 Avishay: um
2015-11-15 17:20 Avishay: I got one post on metadatra
2015-11-15 17:20 Avishay: sec
2015-11-15 17:21 Avishay: p/4593988
2015-11-15 17:21 Avishay: the metadata is taken from the album
2015-11-15 17:21 Avishay: and the tags are well, describing the background
2015-11-15 17:22 Avishay: wish I could have it as just 'Hanatan' but that'd lead to a DQ for sure
2015-11-15 17:52 Avishay: soooooooooooo
2015-11-15 18:37 Okoratu: 02:49:618 (3,4) - i still think this is lik
2015-11-15 18:37 Okoratu: e
2015-11-15 18:37 Okoratu: terrible
2015-11-15 18:39 Okoratu: 03:36:943 (2,4,5) - enable stacking and this will look super stupid
2015-11-15 18:41 Okoratu: 03:54:193 (3,4,5) - looks off as well
2015-11-15 18:41 Okoratu: 04:00:343 (1,2) - is off xd
2015-11-15 18:42 Okoratu: 04:17:893 (1,2,1) - already annoyed me the last time i looked at it
2015-11-15 18:44 Avishay: alright gimme am oment
2015-11-15 18:46 Avishay: I really don't get what do you mean by "off"
2015-11-15 18:46 Okoratu: now i have to make pictures again fuck this
2015-11-15 18:47 Avishay: o.o
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: 03:54:418 (4) -
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: nic
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: i closed the chat
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmAFW/032f004f4f.jpg
2015-11-15 18:47 Avishay: lmao
2015-11-15 18:47 Okoratu: is basically that and then it doesn't stack correctly
2015-11-15 18:48 Avishay: oh you should've said to simply fix the stack heh
2015-11-15 18:48 Okoratu: 03:58:918 (2) - sam
2015-11-15 18:48 Okoratu: e
2015-11-15 18:48 Avishay: fixeddd
2015-11-15 18:48 Okoratu: 04:00:343 (1,2,3) - as
2015-11-15 18:49 Avishay: 02:49:693 (3,4) - as for this I remoed the 1/8 note
2015-11-15 18:49 Okoratu: 04:19:543 (2) - just looks clusterfuck dum http://puu.sh/lmAOS/d6e33c4761.jpg
2015-11-15 18:50 Okoratu: THANKS
2015-11-15 18:50 Avishay: mehh I will make some distance between those then
2015-11-15 18:50 Avishay: 03:36:943 (2,4,5) - still trying to figure out what toi do then xd
2015-11-15 18:50 Okoratu: 03:37:243 (4,5) - moving these by 4x4y or 8x8y maybe
2015-11-15 18:52 Okoratu: od 9 maybe idk up to you lols
2015-11-15 18:53 Avishay: sure
2015-11-15 18:53 Avishay: more pp xd
2015-11-15 18:53 Avishay: 03:37:243 (4,5) - I created a lightly different pattern, no stacking now
2015-11-15 18:54 Avishay: can I increase the AR a bit? some patterns a circle intense
2015-11-15 18:54 Avishay: are*
2015-11-15 18:54 Okoratu: i had absolutely no problem with 9.2
2015-11-15 18:54 Avishay: alright then
2015-11-15 18:55 Avishay: cool ill update
2015-11-15 18:56 Avishay: done
2015-11-15 18:57 Avishay: lmaoo
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: flower
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: bread
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: egg
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: lettuce
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: nice
2015-11-15 18:57 Okoratu: i always wanted to search for bg images
2015-11-15 18:57 Avishay: gotta describe 'dat background
2015-11-15 18:58 Avishay: the thing is 'flower' is the album name so there isn't too much to add lol
2015-11-15 18:58 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmBp3/9a8d91318b.png
2015-11-15 18:58 Okoratu: XD
2015-11-15 18:59 Okoratu: lsslsl malo
2015-11-15 18:59 Okoratu: ff
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: xd
2015-11-15 18:59 Okoratu: ffWffefmfIfg
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: I think I took the mp3 from rakuen's set
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: yep
2015-11-15 18:59 Avishay: it's from there
2015-11-15 19:00 Avishay: prob his pc puked some wrong encoding because of japanese
2015-11-15 19:03 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmBGp/715dcc43b0.jpg
2015-11-15 19:03 Avishay: well so far it was just one song
2015-11-15 19:04 Avishay: everything else is sw@g
2015-11-15 19:04 Okoratu: nah he knows what i've mapped since 2012 basically
2015-11-15 19:04 Okoratu: xD
2015-11-15 19:04 Avishay: dark secrets hmm
2015-11-15 19:08 Avishay: can we finish ._.
2015-11-15 19:08 Okoratu: blah
2015-11-15 19:08 Avishay: wat blah
2015-11-15 19:09 Okoratu: http://puu.sh/lmC4g/185a006075.jpg
2015-11-15 19:09 Okoratu: can u replace ur normal-hitclap with http://puu.sh/lmC6T/d9f07d2f3c.wav thank
2015-11-15 19:09 Avishay: mapping-god.com ?
2015-11-15 19:11 Avishay: isn't it the same o.o
2015-11-15 19:11 Avishay: perhaps there was ome delay lol
2015-11-15 19:11 Okoratu: except a few ms in the beginning are missing in this one
2015-11-15 19:11 Avishay: updating eitherway
2015-11-15 19:12 Avishay: bam chakalaka
2015-11-15 19:13 Okoratu: wot was the explanation for the sudden quiet sliderends in the beginning of this thing
2015-11-15 19:13 Okoratu: i still don't really get it
2015-11-15 19:14 Avishay: cuz music volume changes, so I supported it
2015-11-15 19:14 Avishay: 00:07:393 (7,1) - you mean those right
2015-11-15 19:15 Avishay: or
2015-11-15 19:15 Avishay: just because there isn't a note lol
2015-11-15 19:15 Avishay: and I need the slider to make it play well
2015-11-15 19:15 Okoratu: 00:07:993 -
2015-11-15 19:15 Okoratu: no im talking about the volume changes on things with obvious and loud notes
2015-11-15 19:15 Okoratu: lo l
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: well it stays the same? o.o
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: higher hitsound volume on stronger note
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: lower on weaker notes
2015-11-15 19:16 Avishay: relatively loud hitsound on relatively weak note is meh
2015-11-15 19:17 Okoratu: 00:12:493 (1,2,3,4) - 00:10:093 (1,2,3) - wots the difference why asl;dfkj
2015-11-15 19:18 Avishay: um I only lowered the hitsound on 00:12:193 (5) - ?
2015-11-15 19:18 Avishay: both of those have 35%
2015-11-15 19:18 Okoratu: 00:10:393 - has 15%
2015-11-15 19:18 Okoratu: 00:12:493 (1,2,3,4) - have 35
2015-11-15 19:19 Avishay: oh oops I messed up with what yo usent lol
2015-11-15 19:19 Okoratu: these are the voluem changes i don't get
2015-11-15 19:19 Okoratu: like there's some circles ouder than others for reasons i don't really comprehend
2015-11-15 19:19 Okoratu: lol
2015-11-15 19:20 Avishay: oh well I should've probably added the 15% on the other pattern as well
2015-11-15 19:20 Avishay: I did it because it supports the beginning really nicely
2015-11-15 19:20 Avishay: same hitsound level on different strength of notes is mehh
2015-11-15 19:20 Okoratu: the
2015-11-15 19:20 Okoratu: Be
2015-11-15 19:20 Okoratu: gi n n in g
2015-11-15 19:21 Avishay: lmao you make me want to change the diff name already
2015-11-15 19:22 Okoratu: z
2015-11-15 19:23 Okoratu: if it dqs for hitsounding etc then i'll end u ok
2015-11-15 19:23 Okoratu: or because they think ur overmapping doesn't make much sense
2015-11-15 19:23 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 19:23 Avishay: im a pro dude
2015-11-15 19:23 Avishay: sec let me update with hte hitsound thingy
2015-11-15 19:25 Avishay: mmmkay it's updated
2015-11-15 19:25 Avishay: and if that's actually going to be dq because of them well
2015-11-15 19:25 Avishay: uck the system
2015-11-15 19:32 Okoratu: so
2015-11-15 19:32 Okoratu: did you do the thigns
2015-11-15 19:33 Avishay: ye I just added 2 hitsound points
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: brb deleting your ma
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: yey i have a pending set xdd
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: adf
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: pressed up and enter
2015-11-15 19:33 Okoratu: xd
2015-11-15 19:33 Avishay: wat o.o
2015-11-15 19:34 Okoratu: i wrote that to zectro and then accidentally pressed up and enter here
2015-11-15 19:34 Avishay: ohh
2015-11-15 19:34 Avishay: lol
2015-11-15 19:34 Okoratu: nice
2015-11-15 19:36 Okoratu: lol
2015-11-15 19:37 Okoratu: this is 5:00:000
2015-11-15 19:37 Avishay: yeppppppppppp
2015-11-15 19:37 Avishay: I am a god
2015-11-15 19:37 Okoratu: why is base sv capped at 3.6
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: cuz bpm is 100
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: why
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: oh
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: is
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: base sv capped at 3.6
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: oops
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: that was a general question
2015-11-15 19:38 Okoratu: i don't get it
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: prob could manually edit it like sv above 2.0 or below 0.5
2015-11-15 19:38 Avishay: ask peppy
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: no you can't
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: i tried that
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: it 1. assumes everything >3.6 equals 3.6
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: and will overwrite it with 3.6x in the file if you save
2015-11-15 19:39 Okoratu: it's a really hard limit
2015-11-15 19:39 Avishay: idk then, engine restrictions? xd
2015-11-15 19:40 Okoratu: and for most purposes this is enough but if you mapped a song with 2.0x sv and then have to have bpm
2015-11-15 19:40 Okoratu: you're basically doomed to slap green lines everywhere
2015-11-15 19:40 Okoratu: l ol
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: there are a lot of problems with editing maps
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: problems like this
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: or other necessary tools
2015-11-15 19:41 Okoratu: at least we got 6.0x ds now
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: lol
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: I made a program to mass add timing points
2015-11-15 19:41 Avishay: really useful
2015-11-15 19:43 Avishay: http://puu.sh/lmEn6/7f3f5f62a6.png
2015-11-15 19:43 Avishay: crappy UI but it works
2015-11-15 19:47 Okoratu: ok so
2015-11-15 19:47 Okoratu: i don't think i have any more complaints that you think are worth listening to
2015-11-15 19:48 Avishay: im amazing i know
2015-11-15 19:50 Okoratu: do i have to provide logs
69th reply nice m8.

Baraatje123 wrote:

Next BN wrote:

Krfawy wrote:

Not my type but still more playable than 2015.

Ty guys <3
Bara-
Gratz!!

Oko, please
Log >___________>>>>>
Lasse
👀
Irreversible
Hey Avishay

Log wrote:

DQ'd for basically this reason, as well as overmapped and the general state of how overdone this map is.

Beginning

The main issue with this map is the overmap in the kiai's clearly. Instead of telling you which ones you should delete, I'll list up the ones you can keep (speaking of kiai only).
01:26:743 - 01:45:943 - 01:55:543 - 03:31:543 - 03:41:143 - 04:00:343 - 04:29:143 -
The rest of your 1/8 simply does not belong to this song, because there is no reason to, at all. The other parts also contains overmap, listen to it again, it's really obvious.

I do see that everyone interpretes songs differently, however, this has clearly gone overboard. This song is relatively calm, and I do not see such a usage of jumps. There are a lot of opportunities to tone the difficulty down, for example 03:06:493 (1,2,3,4,5) - . You said you want to emphasize vocals, but there's no vocals here, nor strong beats. Unfortunately, the whole map is spiked with those so you really gotta rework a lot of that stuff.

Emphasis is bad too, sometimes. Example: 01:10:993 (1) - . Could use more spacing, because the vocals are really emphasized here, why not taking this opportunity? Next example: the anti jumps are killing the movement enitrely, you've used them fairly often. 01:11:443 (1) - .. why is it so close? makes no sense.

Your NCing is inconsistent too, you should look at it again. It seems like you've just sometimes put a NC, sometimes not.

These examples should be enough to give you an idea how to improve the map and make it ready for the qualified section, listing up more would not make sense; it's basically the same stuff over and over.

Good luck with further processing.
Yuii-
Alright, so I want to throw in a couple of suggestions/things:

Slider Velocity is too high.
Approach rate is too high.
OD is too high.
01:10:993 (1,1) - This is the most marvelous stack I've even seen in this game.
You should really take a look at other people's maps in order to know how to build jumps, they don't flow at all, and have inconsistent spacing between each object.
You have 4 unsnapped sliders by 1 ms: 01:53:293 (1) - 02:04:393 (4) - 02:05:143 (2) - 02:05:593 (3) - .
Combo colour 5 is a bit too random.
You're hella inconsistent with your patterns and the way you build them. 40 different rhythms for the same verse. Variety is fine, but sometimes mapping anything in a different way rather than the "best one" may sound bad.
Too many velocity changes/spots, why? Come on.
Some sections are mapped in a very "calm" way whereas the same things are overmapped. You want to make this overmapped or calm? There's no middle point.
00:51:868 (5) - Full whistle sounds terrible.
Topic Starter
Avishay

Yuii- wrote:

Alright, so I want to throw in a couple of suggestions/things:

Slider Velocity is too high. Subjective.
Approach rate is too high. Subjetive.
OD is too high. Subjective. tho it might be a bit overdone, okoratu suggested it, but I still think it's fine
01:10:993 (1,1) - This is the most marvelous stack I've even seen in this game. It's not a stack.
You should really take a look at other people's maps in order to know how to build jumps, they don't flow at all, and have inconsistent spacing between each object.
You have 4 unsnapped sliders by 1 ms: 01:53:293 (1) - 02:04:393 (4) - 02:05:143 (2) - 02:05:593 (3) - . AIMod says nothing? It clearly doesn't matter?
Combo colour 5 is a bit too random. Do I really need to comment on that?
You're hella inconsistent with your patterns and the way you build them. 40 different rhythms for the same verse. Variety is fine, but sometimes mapping anything in a different way rather than the "best one" may sound bad.
Too many velocity changes/spots, why? Come on.
Some sections are mapped in a very "calm" way whereas the same things are overmapped. You want to make this overmapped or calm? There's no middle point.
00:51:868 (5) - Full whistle sounds terrible. I disagree, it's short and cool imo.

Irreversible wrote:

Hey Avishay

Log wrote:

DQ'd for basically this reason, as well as overmapped and the general state of how overdone this map is.

Beginning

The main issue with this map is the overmap in the kiai's clearly. Instead of telling you which ones you should delete, I'll list up the ones you can keep (speaking of kiai only). Hm, that's kinda absurd, I find my 1/8 notes emphasizing the song, yeah most of them might be overmapped but it is clearly widely used in the current mapping-meta, I could give you more than several exmaples.
01:26:743 - 01:45:943 - 01:55:543 - 03:31:543 - 03:41:143 - 04:00:343 - 04:29:143 -
The rest of your 1/8 simply does not belong to this song, because there is no reason to, at all. The other parts also contains overmap, listen to it again, it's really obvious.

I do see that everyone interpretes songs differently, however, this has clearly gone overboard. This song is relatively calm, and I do not see such a usage of jumps. There are a lot of opportunities to tone the difficulty down, for example 03:06:493 (1,2,3,4,5) - . You said you want to emphasize vocals, but there's no vocals here, nor strong beats. Unfortunately, the whole map is spiked with those so you really gotta rework a lot of that stuff. Do you want to talk about Genryuu Kaiko then? Obviously I do emphasize vocals, but I emphasize notes that I find strong as well.

Emphasis is bad too, sometimes. Example: 01:10:993 (1) - . Could use more spacing, because the vocals are really emphasized here, why not taking this opportunity? Next example: the anti jumps are killing the movement enitrely, you've used them fairly often. 01:11:443 (1) - .. why is it so close? makes no sense. Emphasizition comes in a big variety, some might do this and some might do that, in this certain pattern I chouse the movement of 01:10:693 (3) - along with the increased SV of the slider. As for the anti-jump, the placement of the circle is meant to make some drawback along with the halt of the vocals and then it gets resumed at 01:11:593 (2) -

Your NCing is inconsistent too, you should look at it again. It seems like you've just sometimes put a NC, sometimes not. Would appreciate specific problematic NCing since it clearly doesn't the way the map plays, mostly I could tell you why there's a NC there.

These examples should be enough to give you an idea how to improve the map and make it ready for the qualified section, listing up more would not make sense; it's basically the same stuff over and over.

Good luck with further processing.
I am honestly sorry for commenting like this, but some of those stuff make me boil up. As you said, people interpret songs differently, as Rakuen created a relatively easy and relaxed set for this song, I find the vocals very strong and if someone doesn't like the way I emphasize them, then why would even play this map?

I think you guys are too held up on the 'consistency' and 'generic' concepts, I do take stuff from those, but I hate following them blindly, as long as people enjoy playing it I see no reason to change the way I interpret stuff here.

And please, if it's not suitable for qualification, why can I list more than few maps that are going through qualification now or that passed it lately with the same 'issues' you guys posted? Why aren't you rushing to DQ Deconstruction Star?

I will accept discussion, but cmon, be reasonable.

I don't find any significant reason to change anything as for now, in case anyone brings something imporant, I'll wait for tomorrow before asking the BNs for bubbs and such again.
Irreversible

Avishay wrote:

Hm, that's kinda absurd, I find my 1/8 notes emphasizing the song, yeah most of them might be overmapped but it is clearly widely used in the current mapping-meta, I could give you more than several exmaples.
You just said it yourself, it is overmapped. Fix it up.

Avishay wrote:

Do you want to talk about Genryuu Kaiko then? Obviously I do emphasize vocals, but I emphasize notes that I find strong as well.
No I don't want to talk about it, the spotlight is on your map. I explained you that everyone can interprete something different, as long as it doesn't go over board, and this exactly does this.

Avishay wrote:

Emphasizition comes in a big variety, some might do this and some might do that, in this certain pattern I chouse the movement of 01:10:693 (3) - along with the increased SV of the slider. As for the anti-jump, the placement of the circle is meant to make some drawback along with the halt of the vocals and then it gets resumed at 01:11:593 (2) -
You have 300 different types of variation, which shows that it's basically random without concept.

Avishay wrote:

Would appreciate specific problematic NCing since it clearly doesn't the way the map plays, mostly I could tell you why there's a NC there.
00:05:293 (3) - Why not NC? 00:03:643 (1) - You made one here.
00:06:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Why did you place no NC here, no logic with before.
00:23:593 (1) - Why NC, no strong beat, no vocal start, nothing.
00:37:693 (4) - According to your logic this should be NC
I'll stop here because you follow the piano, the vocals, just everything with placing a NC which makes it messy, unreadable, unlogical.
Oh, 00:38:593 (1,1,1,2,1,2) - and why these have so many SVs, I don't even.
Topic Starter
Avishay

Irreversible wrote:

Avishay wrote:

Hm, that's kinda absurd, I find my 1/8 notes emphasizing the song, yeah most of them might be overmapped but it is clearly widely used in the current mapping-meta, I could give you more than several exmaples.
You just said it yourself, it is overmapped. Fix it up. You are telling me that overmapping is wrong / disallowed? I'm sorry but the recent maps in the Ranked section are saying completely otherwise.

Avishay wrote:

Do you want to talk about Genryuu Kaiko then? Obviously I do emphasize vocals, but I emphasize notes that I find strong as well.
No I don't want to talk about it, the spotlight is on your map. I explained you that everyone can interprete something different, as long as it doesn't go over board, and this exactly does this. How exactly is my map going overboard, how are jumps (which are not even full screen spam) with strong vocals or beats are overboard? I didn't spam the map with one huge stream when there's completely nothing. The notes are always supported by strong vocals or beats, it's not overboard.

Avishay wrote:

Emphasizition comes in a big variety, some might do this and some might do that, in this certain pattern I chouse the movement of 01:10:693 (3) - along with the increased SV of the slider. As for the anti-jump, the placement of the circle is meant to make some drawback along with the halt of the vocals and then it gets resumed at 01:11:593 (2) -
You have 300 different types of variation, which shows that it's basically random without concept. Random means without concept, I can say clearly that I have concept in at least 95% of my patterns. I'll agree that I don't have a single structure that I tend to follow or use in my patterns, but that's the beauty of the way I do it, I don't find it mandatory to follow the same thing over and over.

Avishay wrote:

Would appreciate specific problematic NCing since it clearly doesn't the way the map plays, mostly I could tell you why there's a NC there.
00:05:293 (3) - Why not NC? 00:03:643 (1) - You made one here. I made a NC there because of the pause between 00:03:343 (5,1) -
00:06:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Why did you place no NC here, no logic with before. No SV changes, a single full pattern without breaks.
00:23:593 (1) - Why NC, no strong beat, no vocal start, nothing. Indication of anti-jumps end.
00:37:693 (4) - According to your logic this should be NC I actually agree on this one.
I'll stop here because you follow the piano, the vocals, just everything with placing a NC which makes it messy, unreadable, unlogical.
Oh, 00:38:593 (1,1,1,2,1,2) - and why these have so many SVs, I don't even. Slight SV changes with vocals while their intensity increases, the slow down is because of the slowdown in the vocals.
Do I really need to update it just for one NC?
Yuii-

Avishay wrote:

I can say clearly that I have concept in at least 95% of my patterns.
Topic Starter
Avishay

Yuii- wrote:

Avishay wrote:

I can say clearly that I have concept in at least 95% of my patterns.
And? conept != consistency.

I am talking about concept between specific patterns, not the map overall.

As I said in the chat with Okoratu, if I find the consistency fitting to my likes in a certain part in the map / song, I'll use it.
Monstrata
Overmapping =/= poor quality.

DQ'ing solely on the basis that something is "overmapped" just isn't a valid quality reason. "You just said it yourself, it is overmapped. Fix it up." That's just limiting new horizons. Plenty of maps have overmapped parts. You should really ask yourself why something is overmapped before telling someone to fix it. Otherwise mappers are just going to be angry because you single them out but allow many other maps with overmapped sections to pass.

Looking at the map some parts are indeed overmapped but I don't see these overmapped 1/8's being problematic in terms of playability, nor flow. Do they make patterns awkward, or visually unappealing? For me, the only one i didn't really like was 03:48:493 (1,2,3) -. The others were fine. Are they difficult to read? No. Does this rhythm choice harm the map? I would actually say this rhythm choice fits the map because it adds rhythm diversity to a map that is trying to be difficult, and contributes to an overall denser rhythm choice, which fits when the map is 5.76 stars. (It's also funny because removing the "overmapped 1/8s" does nothing to lower star rating anyways. The map doesn't become any less difficult, just less dense.). In conclusion, no. I would say the 1/8's are overmapped but do not contribute to a loss of quality in the map. Therefore, why fix something that isn't broken?

Also what is considered "random and without concept" for some, is intentionally designed for others. Not everyone uses visual spacing to define structure either :P.

Avishay- DQ's nowadays are to promote discussion of certain elements that a QAT finds to be of low quality, so if you can elaborate a bit more like, give more examples of concept ideas we can gain a better understanding. And well, since i ended up checking the map, you can always call me if you need help pushing this forward again. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Avishay
Thanks monstrata.

First of all, I'd like to dispute the claim "random and without concept", I will do that by taking patterns from the start of the map and show you the reasoning behind their execution.

1. 00:03:643 (1,2,1) - After the halt there's a small jump with the drum, the movement of the slider represents the music really well and then the strong beat is hitting in a really nice way.
  2. 00:06:193 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - First of all, it has nice looks, now if you listen closely (25% playback rate) you'll see that the pattern is affected completely by the music, it is based strongly on it.
  3. 00:08:143 (2,1,2,3) - I decided to use antijumps here because well, it compliments the song, there's a note at 00:08:493 (1/6 snap), mapping it was my first move but it was pretty awkward, there's a drum right after, so mapping them both is not ideal, I decided to map just the drum while creating the impresiion that the player presses on them both, or at least is close to.
  4. 00:08:893 (3,1) - Can you really call it random? My intention here seems pretty obvious with the execution.
I could go on and on, my mapping process is taking a lot of time because I am trying to figure out patterns to go along with the music, while aiming to avoid copy pasting whole patterns unless I see it goes well.

As for 03:48:493 (1,2,3) - after looking on it for a while yeah the execution looks poor, the small spacing with the big circle movement is killing it and feels awkward with the reversed slider movement, I fixed it by doing this: http://puu.sh/lnGI7/4f9b1714ea.jpg Which is nicer and works really well.

I updated the map with the change to this pattern and the NC from previously in this thread, going to contact the BNs to push it forward again.

okoratu abandoned me so i need your help xd
show more