forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zekira
Lunasa has two situations: it's either she owns the opponent or her own extra attacks backfire at her much like how it tries to corner you.

For this reason, fast charging characters are one thing that Lunasa doesn't want to face. Reimu and Aya do this well.

Aya especially since her fast speed means that she'll be fast enough to get to the middle and top of the screens and divert her extra attacks upward and sidewards instead of sideways.

Here's a quick replay of Aya vs. Lunasa [Lunatic] with me using Aya:

Download: th9_udQuicky.osu

Just change the file extension since for some odd reason gensokyo.org's PoFV replay uploader is freaked up at the moment.
UtsukimiJerry
so I tried using aya yesterday but failed. I can't seem to properly control fast movers. but yes I do see that lunasa's attack can backfire itself. maybe some more training with him and I think I am good enough to beat him when using aya.

also komachi's attack is just..whoa..
Zekira
also komachi's attack is just..whoa..
It may be fast and really spread out, but it actually has one of the easiest dodging methods; simply hug the lower wall and you *should* be able to anticipate the holes in them much easier.

Also, Komachi likes combining slow and fast bullets more than anyone else in PoFV, so be wary of that.
UtsukimiJerry
hmm I'll try to. also we did try playing using chiruno. and I won. he asked me this question

is it possible to combine the 4th gauge spell and the 3rd gauge spell
Zekira
is it possible to combine the 4th gauge spell and the 3rd gauge spell
It is completely possible; take note that you don't need to use up a gauge to cast a spell. All you need is to get your B-Point up to 100000/300000/500000. Once you cross those marks, a level 4 spell will automatically occur, and THEN you can cast your level 3 spell. If you cross 500000 but you're in the middle of a level 4 spell, a level 3 spell will automatically occur, and then you can release ANOTHER level 3 spell.

Put your B-Points higher, and your gauge fills up swifter and swifter. In higher difficulties (maybe even Easy, given that both players are doing really good), Marisa has the ability to infinitely cast level 2 spellswhen she hits 999990, provided that the player can get 100+ combo for every level 2 spell she releases.
LittleMagic_old
lol finally i checked, how I'll gain very fast Dream MAX on TH05 XD But still sucking at dying at Yumeko on Hard ;(
Jinxy
So I started of the Firered version of touhoumon because I didn't want to grindfest on Emerald. And:

What the hell?

EDIT: Great. Just great. Was aiming for a Last Word Alice but then I screwed up and got myself the one that could only become Final Alice.

EDIT2: You're too evil. Here's a rainbow!

Seriously though, Dark Rumia is freaky.
Randy96
On my Touhoumon, I barely trained any other Touhou besides my starter. Bad mistake, because now I can't pass the Elite 4. :(
-SiN-
Zekira
Oh gods what;

I played UFO Normal 6 times in a row (and I tell you I don't think it was healthy for my eyes) using all the different shot types. And here are my end results:

ReimuA - Stage 5, got killed off by Shou's last card
ReimuB - Stage 5, got killed off by Shou's last card
MarisaA - 1CC
MarisaB - Stage 5, got killed off by Shou's last card
SanaeA - Stage 5, got killed off by Shou's last card
SanaeB - Stage 5, got killed off by Shou's last card

Absurd, really, seeing as how MarisaA is the only shot type I can 1CC it with... it's not like the bullets get any different o_O

I feel like I'm under-bombing when using the spread shot types though >_> I only use up my 7293484896 bombs when I'm on my last life lol
Jinxy
I've never actually instinct bombed before. It was either I died at a part so many times I tell myself "Get ready to bomb" when I reach it, or else I would never actually press "x" on any card.
LittleMagic_old

no Death on Stage 5 in TH12 Normal but stupidly, my sound on this video doesn't fit o_o
Zekira
Lol, less than 2% of the people I know who play UFO use Marisa-B <_<
LittleMagic_old
uff Marisa B... Died with her on Stage 5 Midboss on Lunatic D:
Her Shoot is great XD but it sucks with low power ._.
Bomb ... useless o_o

Iit was a stupid lunatic run thoug. Sucking Score only because i bombed like an idiot o.o
Zekira
Bomb ... useless o_o
Oh god no; it's the best way to easily circle the map and collect UFO/point items everywhere! Since TH12 doesn't really reduce your score for bombing unlike many of the other games, you can pretty much bomb for points if you think that a lot of the point items are falling down too fast (e.g. if you kill too many things in Stage 5 and there's no UFO activated)

Plus, if a unit such as a boss eats every bullet that comes from Marisa-B's options (which is done by going really really near the unit), its power is actually a bit more powerful than Marisa-A. Of course this is difficult to pull off, but at least if you have invisibility time (shoot while bombing), you can somehow abuse this lol.

I agree that you might not get the most fabulous scores using Marisa-B, but at least you get to fuck Shou for free using it :D
LittleMagic_old
For me, her bomb is really the worst only because of the Power. I lost mostly UFO's (the big one xD) because it survived even I have bombed it. (I just let it collecting much point items, so its mostly escapes, but if I beat it before -> bigger score)

I just like strong bombs ^^"
Zekira
For UFO killing:

-Activate Bomb
-Approach the freaking UFO and eliminate it with your invis time

Basically the only way to make the bomb useful outside of movement is by abusing its invisibility.
Lybydose
MarisaB's bomb is awesome because it DOESN'T kill UFOs. It damages them JUST enough that you can finish them in like one hit, but also kills all the faeries on the screen, letting you easily fill the UFO.
Zekira
t damages them JUST enough that you can finish them in like one hit
But if one can't maneuver right, MarisaB's spreadshot will accidentally kill the UFO too early; I've had this problem many times rofl, but really the bomb is so worth it when trying to clear the screen
Jinxy
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20100704/t ... b2fc3.html

Using a instrument-laden probe, Kaguya, which was placed in orbit around the Moon in 2007, the team found abundant signatures of the mineral in concentric rings in three big crater regions.
Wait, what?
Cyclone
Kaguya wasn't thought up by ZUN. Kaguya-hime is a character in japanese folklore. She's a moon princess there too.
Zekira
Pretty much 'Kaguya' is the first name that comes up for most Japanese when talking about the moon. That legend is actually very popular; even I know it lol
Jinxy
Ah.
Yeah I was thinking it was too coincidental so I went to google Kaguya. It only returned me Kaguya, the touhou kind.
LittleMagic_old

TH12 Lunatic is normal...? I messed it really up XD

Really ... Hacks which makes the game harder is extremly funny XD
Zekira
BYAKUREN ON DRUGS

Or that's secretly Aya in disguise lol
LittleMagic_old
I actually wonder, what happens, if this happens to Aya's Surviving spell in TH10... Would you able to see her though that speed? XD

*still have to find the correct files for the TH10 hacks*
Btw these hacks was actually the way, how they made TH06 Ultra

The only problem: Everything is on japanese ... so XD but it's easy to understand after all :3
Jinxy

Zekira wrote:

BYAKUREN ON NAMUSAN
Fixed
LittleMagic_old
damn :/ it seems, that there is no hacks for bullets in MoF :/ Well ... then i mess arround with SA XD

LOL!!! Do Never hack on Kogasas fist spell in Extra. It let Windows crash! XDDD
Zekira
LONGCHEN

LittleMagic_old
CHEEEEEENNN!!! It's too cute XDDDD

btw: Houjou Nue is nice to humans during the conversation :3
Zekira
-SiN-
Uh, That's a bit much. Don't post shit like that. -Cyclone
LittleMagic_old
help ...?

WTF is Yuka doing here @.@
oddysea682
I just started playing touhou double spoiler but im having trouble on 1-6. I cant pass it because I have never played touhou, but I just started. any tips? :?
Zekira
Don't start with TH12.5 or TH9.5.

Play either TH07, 08, or 10 first :/
Neo@lex
No, start with 1.
Then play 2.
Then 3.
Then 4.
Then 5.
Then 8.
Then 11.
Don't worry about the rest.
Cyclone
You left out 7 just because of me, didn't you?
Azure_Kite

Cyclone wrote:

You left out 7 just because of me, didn't you?
It's an Anti-Cyc conspiracy, man~
Gabi
start with 12.3
Zekira
Then 11.
Why include crap :<

(yes I totally did not like TH11)
show more