Cursor movement or Streaming?

Movement
70.11%
Streaming
29.89%
Total votes: 522
show more
Pettanko
I bet when a number of people say "I can stream 240+ bpm no problem!" they're talking about triples or some shit. I don't think that counts as streaming.

At what point should someone be able to say they can stream a certain bpm?
GoldenWolf

Pettanko wrote:

I'd say more than 17 circles full 300 consistently is a good start
Aqo
I don't even consider 17 circles a stream anymore :v

if you can't hit at least 200 circles in a row for a certain bpm you can't stream it.
silmarilen
then i cant stream a single bpm
gg
Defacer
­
enik
Just checked top scores on chipscape out of curiosity. Found tons of halftimers, many tap+x, one cheater and less than 10 people who actually cleared that deathstream, not to mention accuracy. Imagine how many of them can follow spaced curved fd streams that last x20 longer.
Oh btw check out the Sprosive guy replay, that's how you deal with deathstream haha.
Jordan

Defacer wrote:

screw all those ''i can stream 260'', ''calculator says i go 320 woo'', they will learn(hopefully) that what they say is not true and is shit.I've encountered many people doing really good results on high bpm streams, I don't know how to explain exactly why in FD 222 isnt hard at all but the damn overall placement of the stream.Chipscape is 220 and so many people can stream the deathstream succesfully but probably can't stream fd, I am one of those for instance and I am not even pro, hundreds of players like me over there.
if you can stream chipscape's deathstream successfully by fingers consider yourself pro, there are much less than a hundred of people who can actually do that

Also quoting goldenwolf, i can even stream short burst 270bpm without any problem (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/45335) but i can't even pass chipscape, lol
buny
it's hard enough getting to the deathstream without breaking combo
GoldenWolf

Aqo wrote:

I don't even consider 17 circles a stream anymore :v

if you can't hit at least 200 circles in a row for a certain bpm you can't stream it.
Imagine 100 series of 17 circles streams spaced by 1/1, if you can do more than 90 series full 300, then you can stream that bpm.
That said, almost nobody can stream any bpm lol

But that's only my opinion
buny
1/1 is more than enough time to recover from a burst.
GoldenWolf
17 circles is a bit long for a burst
and I forgot to mention it should be at od9 at least, anything below would be too easy
Aqo
Whether you can stream or not in stream speed discussions and not stream accuracy discussions should not depend on OD at all. This topic boils down to how fast you can move your fingers up and down subsequently.
(since people in the last few posts were talking about speed)

If you want to mention accuracy it's a whole different thing.
-____-_old
Accuracy > speed
GoldenWolf
But what's the point to be able to stream fast if you can't do it well ? (spamming the keyboard and hope for the best)

The exact question I answered was :

Pettanko wrote:

Being able to stream a certain bpm means : 1) Keep up the speed and 2) Having a good acc

So,

GoldenWolf wrote:

That said, almost nobody can stream any bpm lol
Sherbert
Movement, Easy.
Dexus
Focus on your movements and accuracy and play low BPM maps to improve your jumps and cursor flow, gradually increase the BPM as you start to clear songs easily and your streaming speed and accuracy will develop alongside it. I started playing 140 BPM maps recently to try to get 99% every time and once it started to work for me I moved up to 150 BPM and did the same thing, pushing myself to be more precise in my movements and hitting the notes I'm now at 175 BPM and it's working and I'm going up on the speed almost every day. I feel I have much more skill from doing this than when I was throwing myself into really fast insane maps trying to mash it out and see if I can be accurate or not.

This game just takes lots of practice doing it slow and gradually building up, just like learning how to play instruments.

Quit honestly it's sad because I see so many people focus on streaming and they can't even do simple maps that are slow. Every time I hear someone complain about a map being too slow I know they aren't really listening to the notes and the music and are just visually hitting things. Albeit impressive it's primitive and not very effective, because it takes several tries to get high accuracy just going off of visually seeing the notes and memorizing the map. You'll have an easier time learning how to listen to the music and notes.

But hey, just have fun with this game and enjoy the music, do what you can and take no mind of what others think.
hogcada
playing fpr 1 year still cant stream
A Medic
Easily movement.

I can't stream for very long or accurately if someone had a gun to my head.

So I don't play maps with deathstreams / long streams.
I Give Up
i think necro is more important.
StephOsu
yeah so we should necro more
OT : if cursor movement covers aim then i would say cursor movement > anything > your mom
dung eater
both, to which extent depends on the maps you play