So do I GV
Thanks!
Mekki
Congrats again, Baraatje <3
-Sh1n1-
Gratz bro *-*/
Mao
Hello!

We have found some potential issues that we feel are important enough to address before continuing:

Rainy Easy

Misleading Slider Placement

• The tail of the upcoming slider is too close and as there are no followpoints to guide beginners it is confusing. The best way to resolve this issue is to re-arrange this pattern in a more undestandable way.
  1. 00:34:775 (2,1) -
Cloudy Normal

Mapping Quality

• Your spacing choice is rather questionable in the following parts as the majority of the hitobjects appear overlapped. The result of this is unpleasant/forced gameplay. Consider increasing spacing to x1.35.
  1. from 00:00:518 - up untill 00:05:181 - there are a lot of overlaps, which do not appear intentional and could be easily fixed by setting higher spacing values
  2. from 00:24:843 - untill 00:29:775 - same spacing problems
Inappropriate Gameplay Elements

• The following slider uses an extreme slidercurve, which does not really make sense in the difficulty context and feels overdone/random. Making the angle of the curve less agressive should resolve this problem.
  1. 00:11:262 (3) -
Clear Hard

Crowded Object Placement

• This difficulty contains some really crowded pattering after the Kiais.
    Just select all the objects at 00:15:316 (1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,2) - or 00:37:005 (1,1,2,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,1) - and see how everything populates the center of the screen. This combination of really low spacing, stacking and rather complicated rhythm is totally unsuitable for a Hard difficulty and just causes readability issues.
    I recommend you to go with a simpler pattern just like 00:18:559 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - that gives the player more freedom to actually understand what's going on there.
Bright Insane

Uncomfortable stack to stream transitions

• Stack to stream transitions like 00:09:437 (2,3,4,5,6) - for instance play pretty uncomfortable due to the dratic spacing change they provide. I recommend you trying to lower the spacing a bit to make these play much smoother. See below for more examples:
    00:11:060 (2,3,4,5,6) -
    00:30:518 (2,3,4,5,6) -
    00:32:140 (2,3,4,5,6) -
Sunny Extra

Hardly readable patterns

• 00:20:721 (1,2,1,2) - and 00:41:802 (1,2,1,2) - These patterns are really hard to understand as they are easily misread as just a normal jump rather than 1/3.
Big 1/4 jumps without any relation to the music

• 00:12:681 (4,5) - The following note at 00:13:187 (6) - is even stronger but less emphasized due to smaller spacing which doesn't make much sense in relation to the music.
    00:14:302 (4,5) - Same as above basically.
    00:33:762 (4,5) - Also the same but in these case you have even used a so much smaller spacing into the stronger 6 which is not just unfitting compared to the music but also unfitting to all the others.
    Another thing I would like to state in realtion to this is that in many instances, the 1/2 spacing is so much smaller than even the 1/4. Just compare 00:01:735 (8,1) - to 00:00:518 (1,2,3,4,5) - for example.

If you disagree with these suggestions, please reply to this thread justifying why so we can discuss alternatives.

Otherwise, please reply to this thread when these issues are resolved.

Thanks for working with us towards higher quality beatmaps, we hope to see your beatmap ranked soon!

###EM
A Mystery
I like the fast DQs by individual qats
good luck baraatje
riffy
Supporting everything said about Easy and Normal, will have a closer look at harder difficulties later on.
Myxo
I also agree with everything, this mapset needs a lot of work.
Mekki
Noo!! That was fast! Good luck with the re-qualifying :(
Cherry Blossom
Why the QAT didn't wait 12 hours ? :o
riffy
Why should we be waiting 12 hours? We were first, better luck next time.

Agreeing with everything in the DQ post, by the way.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Rip map
Thanks for doing it all so fast
I'll look at it tomorrow
Cherry Blossom
"We were first, better luck next time" literally made my day. Even if the mapper or anyone else couldn't notice those issues, just DQ it after 12 hours because DQing a map after only 2-3 hours is....... not credible for the BNs that were involved in this map's ranking process ?
I won't continue to talk here, have a nice day.
Raiden
gdi looks like it rained

gl on rerank sweetie
Topic Starter
Bara-

Mao wrote:

Hello!

We have found some potential issues that we feel are important enough to address before continuing:

Rainy Easy

Misleading Slider Placement

• The tail of the upcoming slider is too close and as there are no followpoints to guide beginners it is confusing. The best way to resolve this issue is to re-arrange this pattern in a more undestandable way.
  1. 00:34:775 (2,1) - Can someone please explain this? I really don't understand it. This distance is even so I don't understand what you mean by too close
Cloudy Normal

Mapping Quality

• Your spacing choice is rather questionable in the following parts as the majority of the hitobjects appear overlapped. The result of this is unpleasant/forced gameplay. Consider increasing spacing to x1.35. That's high O.o
  1. from 00:00:518 - up untill 00:05:181 - there are a lot of overlaps, which do not appear intentional and could be easily fixed by setting higher spacing values
  2. from 00:24:843 - untill 00:29:775 - same spacing problems
Inappropriate Gameplay Elements

• The following slider uses an extreme slidercurve, which does not really make sense in the difficulty context and feels overdone/random. Making the angle of the curve less agressive should resolve this problem.
  1. 00:11:262 (3) -
Fixed all, Star rating skyrocketed up though
Clear Hard

Crowded Object Placement

• This difficulty contains some really crowded pattering after the Kiais.
    Just select all the objects at 00:15:316 (1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,2) - or 00:37:005 (1,1,2,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,1) - and see how everything populates the center of the screen. This combination of really low spacing, stacking and rather complicated rhythm is totally unsuitable for a Hard difficulty and just causes readability issues.
    I recommend you to go with a simpler pattern just like 00:18:559 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - that gives the player more freedom to actually understand what's going on there. Increased overall spacing, removed the doublets for more freedom. In the 2nd part, due to the sliders, most of them feel fine, but I did change it up a bit there
Bright Insane

Uncomfortable stack to stream transitions

• Stack to stream transitions like 00:09:437 (2,3,4,5,6) - for instance play pretty uncomfortable due to the dratic spacing change they provide. I recommend you trying to lower the spacing a bit to make these play much smoother. See below for more examples:
    00:11:060 (2,3,4,5,6) -
    00:30:518 (2,3,4,5,6) -
    00:32:140 (2,3,4,5,6) -
Sunny Extra

Hardly readable patterns

• 00:20:721 (1,2,1,2) - and 00:41:802 (1,2,1,2) - These patterns are really hard to understand as they are easily misread as just a normal jump rather than 1/3. I disgaree, how can people ever know whether something is 1/2 or 1/3, and/or how can one properly map to that?
Big 1/4 jumps without any relation to the music

• 00:12:681 (4,5) - The following note at 00:13:187 (6) - is even stronger but less emphasized due to smaller spacing which doesn't make much sense in relation to the music.
    00:14:302 (4,5) - Same as above basically. What? There is no strong sound at all at the start of (6) O.o
    00:33:762 (4,5) - Also the same but in these case you have even used a so much smaller spacing into the stronger 6 which is not just unfitting compared to the music but also unfitting to all the others.
    Another thing I would like to state in realtion to this is that in many instances, the 1/2 spacing is so much smaller than even the 1/4. Just compare 00:01:735 (8,1) - to 00:00:518 (1,2,3,4,5) - for example.

If you disagree with these suggestions, please reply to this thread justifying why so we can discuss alternatives.

Otherwise, please reply to this thread when these issues are resolved.

Thanks for working with us towards higher quality beatmaps, we hope to see your beatmap ranked soon!

###EM
Thanks!
Well, actually not, due to dq, but whatever
I applied all unmentioned things (I didn'tu understand 2 of them, and one thing I really disagree with (SE diff)
Myxo

Cherry Blossom wrote:

"We were first, better luck next time" literally made my day. Even if the mapper or anyone else couldn't notice those issues, just DQ it after 12 hours because DQing a map after only 2-3 hours is....... not credible for the BNs that were involved in this map's ranking process ?
I won't continue to talk here, have a nice day.
How is it not credible? What would waiting 12 hours change here?
What do the BNs need those 12 hours for? To request a disqualification themselves, even though this mapset was disqualified for quality issues and they approved of these maps before? I could understand your argumentation if it was for a technical error, and even then, it's not our problem. If you qualify something, you need to double-check if it's ready for ranking.

Man, I can't believe it has become an issue if QATs disqualify something "too fast" now...

@baraatje:

00:36:397 (1) - in Easy, Bakari meant that its tail is closer to the previous object than its head, which can cause newbies to click the tail instead (and earlier), because differentiating head and tail is often not easy for newbies. I personally would say it could be fine to keep this pattern for the symmetry though, while I would still recommend you to fix it.

The issue in Extra is more that the 1/4-jumps are much bigger than the 1/2-jumps used around there and are kinda hard to read and play, even though they are consistently used.

Btw, I think in Sunny Extra 00:01:735 (8,1) - there should be a jump between these notes. It feels so weird to have a low spacing here, especially since 00:01:127 (5,6) - was quite a big jump.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Okay
Thanks for explaining
I'll look at it when I'm back home
Kyouren
Need i help you about diff? (i mean gd)
Topic Starter
Bara-
Okay
Fixed Easy
If someone knows something proper for the 1/3, just tell me

Goku, sorry, no GDs now

Oh, if any BN/QAT can please apply kudosu to those that deserve it, I really don't know with the QAT thing who deserves kudosu and who don't

Thanks for explaining D-kun! :3
Akasha-
How about hitsound 40 - 50 !? It's just my opitions, hitsound's volume now is really loud

Good luck on requalification ~ <3
Topic Starter
Bara-
Meh, I like loud sounds
And as there are no custom samples (wow, I map w/o custom samples once) people have sounds they are comfortable with
I think it's fine

Oh, what will happen now?
Do we have to wait until Mao thinks it's fine or smth?
Mao
I have talked to Baraatje yesterday about everything, we have fixed some other stuff that was untouched and yeah, this should be ready for rebubbling now from my side!
Karen
oh sorry i forgot your request ;_;

lets try again!
Topic Starter
Bara-
Thank you!
Waiting for Mackenzie
MirinH
go
Ciyus Miapah
wow gratz!
Topic Starter
Bara-
Thanks!
Third time's the charm
I hope
Yuii-
I didn't even see the mapset because it's quite hard with the current status of my monitor... but OD9 in the Insane? I guess you wanted to use 8.
Why do you suddenly decided to place random Kiais of 1 second? Those things doesn't change anything at all and they look quite ugly in the Editor. Thus, don't affect gameplay at all, so it's quite useless.
Most of the hitsounds don't fit the background music at all or are overdone such as 00:12:072 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - (Sunny Extra). Random finish hitsound when there's a whistle sound, etc. etc.
1) 00:31:532 (1,2,3) - (On Sunny Extra) Nice jump. Why is the distance from (2,3) that harsh? And why is this so different from 00:29:910 (1,2,3) - or even 00:33:154 (1,2,3) - where the spacing is constant?
2) 00:33:964 (5,6) - (On Sunny Extra) 00:35:586 (5,6) - ??? W H A T!
3) 00:34:775 (1,2,3,4) - (Sunny Extra) Alright, I see your intentions on this, but this is way too exaggerated, even if the music doesn't support it at all.
4) 00:14:303 (2,1,2,1) - (On Bright Insane) Okay, this jump is quite random and out of place, why the sudden increase of spacing? The music is constant in this part, there's no change on the accentuation or anything like that.

I didn't even see the rest of the Insane nor the other diffs, but overall everything is "questionable" and/or overdone/exaggerated. You are mapping the difficulty instead of the song.

00:09:537 (3) - (On Bright Insane) Object isn't snapped!
00:35:584 - (On Rainy Easy) Object's end is not snapped!

HP8 on the Extra?

kk

00:15:924 (1,2,1) - 00:19:167 (1,2,1) - 00:37:005 (1,2,1) - 00:40:248 (1,2,1) - @Irre: This plays really bad, and with the default skin (2) is quite hard to read for some reason. Maybe you can create a stack or find another placement for these.
00:23:627 (2,3) - @Irre: I wouldn't create a stack considering how you're mapping this.
Okoratu
Irre das ganze gestacke in 00:28:289 (1,1,2,3,4,5) - verdeckt den ganzen repeat arrow D:
Yuii-

Okoratu wrote:

Irre das ganze gestacke in 00:28:289 (1,1,2,3,4,5) - verdeckt den ganzen repeat arrow D:
Baguette...

OH WAIT
WRONG FORUM
Topic Starter
Bara-
Rip (unsnappings)
I'll look at it when I get back home
Seeing there are a few things unsnapped which is unrankable, can a QAT please DQ the map so I can fix that?
So third time isn't the charm ;__;

Also
BAGUETTESSSS <3
riffy

Baraatje123 wrote:

Seeing there are a few things unsnapped which is unrankable, can a QAT please DQ the map so I can fix that?
Topic Starter
Bara-
Thanks
Sorry for the inconvenience Mackenzie/Karen
Yuii-
Alex hasn't logged in for 2 weeks, why did he qualify?
Topic Starter
Bara-

Yuii- wrote:

I didn't even see the mapset because it's quite hard with the current status of my monitor... but OD9 in the Insane? I guess you wanted to use 8.
Why do you suddenly decided to place random Kiais of 1 second? Those things doesn't change anything at all and they look quite ugly in the Editor. Thus, don't affect gameplay at all, so it's quite useless.
Most of the hitsounds don't fit the background music at all or are overdone such as 00:12:072 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - (Sunny Extra). Random finish hitsound when there's a whistle sound, etc. etc. I disagree. The finishes all accentuate the beat, as it's all drum sampleset. I use finishes on the main beats, whistles on the 2nd and 4th beats, and claps at every beat
1) 00:31:532 (1,2,3) - (On Sunny Extra) Nice jump. Why is the distance from (2,3) that harsh? And why is this so different from 00:29:910 (1,2,3) - or even 00:33:154 (1,2,3) - where the spacing is constant?
2) 00:33:964 (5,6) - (On Sunny Extra) 00:35:586 (5,6) - ??? W H A T!
3) 00:34:775 (1,2,3,4) - (Sunny Extra) Alright, I see your intentions on this, but this is way too exaggerated, even if the music doesn't support it at all.
4) 00:14:303 (2,1,2,1) - (On Bright Insane) Okay, this jump is quite random and out of place, why the sudden increase of spacing? The music is constant in this part, there's no change on the accentuation or anything like that.

I didn't even see the rest of the Insane nor the other diffs, but overall everything is "questionable" and/or overdone/exaggerated. You are mapping the difficulty instead of the song.

00:09:537 (3) - (On Bright Insane) Object isn't snapped!
00:35:584 - (On Rainy Easy) Object's end is not snapped!

HP8 on the Extra?

kk

00:15:924 (1,2,1) - 00:19:167 (1,2,1) - 00:37:005 (1,2,1) - 00:40:248 (1,2,1) - @Irre: This plays really bad, and with the default skin (2) is quite hard to read for some reason. Maybe you can create a stack or find another placement for these.
00:23:627 (2,3) - @Irre: I wouldn't create a stack considering how you're mapping this.
Okay
Fixed all, also fixed quite a few spacings in Extra
Waiting for Irre
Yuii-
Posting for Kudos (?)
Irreversible
http://puu.sh/kCT3b/eecef61bcb.txt Fixed all except the stack, I like it o.o
show more