forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyxa
Oh man.
Nyxa
Okay, question to everyone: What are you gonna do when I get lynched and turn out to be town?
MBomb

Tess wrote:

Okay, question to everyone: What are you gonna do when I get lynched and turn out to be town?
If you flip town, I will be very suspicious of SNB and fartownik, but at the same time, I wouldn't say they'd be scum for sure, because how hard they're pushing would be very obvious play as scum, if you are town. Before making calls on what will happen if you do get lynched, I feel we should wait a bit longer, let's face it, you're not gonna get lynched in the next 24 hours, most likely, and everything could change quickly, depending on whether the scum mess up.
MBomb
@Mod: Could we have a votecount please <3
MBomb
Oh also, I want to hear Frostings thoughts on the recent events. Focus went off him now, so suddenly, and I'd like to drag him back into the discussions. Although I think of him as town, I would still prefer to hear his opinion on what's going on.
Topic Starter
Navizel
Meanwhile on the other side...
"Why is the Rusturf Tunnel blocked? Oh well, I'll just push the boulders with my strength. Hmm.. what is this paper? Votecount?"

Votecount 1.7
fartownik -
Drezi -
Tess (4) - Frostings, Static Noise Bird, fartownik, Zexion
Irreversible (1) - rEdo
-[Jess]- -
rEdo -
Sniverre235 (2) - -[Jess]-, - Magic Bomb -
Zexion (1) - Amianki
- Magic Bomb - -
Frostings (1) - Sniverre235
Amianki -
Static Noise Bird (2) - Irreversible, Tess

Not Voting: Drezi

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline will be on July 25 8:30PM GMT -5. This is 8 days from now.
rEdo is V/LA for roughly 30 hours
Amianki has been prodded!
Let me know if I made any mistakes.
Birdy

Zexion wrote:

Tose two remarks aren't necesary at all, SNB. Are you trying to become some kind of victim? Like "why would I try speaking if everyone is going to scumread me". I see you posting now but what were you trying to do back then?
Yeah idk, it was just a combination of farto's jumps and the atmosphere of his post(s) that pissed me off.

Tess wrote:

Call you the worst townie I've yet seen.
Birdy
Oh wait, you said "and". I thought you said "if I".

Now I'll call you a liar instead.
AlyNight
(Waking up is as hard as ever)
Everything is still as confusing as ever but I hope to get over it soon.

Why i voted for Frostings:
From the lack of post that Frostings have (and many from the beginning), make me think that he is only trying to protect himself from the amount of votes from him (and he is successful) but it is giving me some scumvibes on Frostings because (similar to my situation) of the lack of activity for the game. He may be trying to lose attention from the others.
I may be wrong on a side note. He might just be busy and unable to post here.

My thoughts on other players:
Static Nose Bird, Irreversible, -Magic Bomb-: Town
Why:
Their posts are not giving me any scumvibes and their behaviour seemed okay to be a town.
Others:
I need to think about them...
Nyxa
I agree, Magic Bomb. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm almost entirely certain SNB and farto are scum but I'd like to hear what the others think. Irre seems to be suspicious of them as well, I'm mainly curious about Drezi, rEdo, and Ami's opinions on everything that happened so far. I think Frostings would be too confused to make a proper read, but hey, his vote's on me, so this just looks like some kind of defense.

Time to wait on the others, I guess.
Nyxa

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Oh wait, you said "and". I thought you said "if I".

Now I'll call you a liar instead.
Getting awfully aggressive, aren't we?~

It's almost like you really don't want to be considered scum.

Easy bait.
MBomb
It's weak, but more than I expected from a new player (This sounds very hypocritical coming from someone else who's on their first game but yeah).

Unvote
Amianki

Tess wrote:

Of course there's a specific reason that it shouldn't be stated. Why else wouldn't I?
Taking too much time doesn't count as a specific reason. Abridge it if you have to.

Frostings wrote:

Amianki wrote:

Substantiate this, please.
Ok, "No way" is kinda exaggerated because who knows what actually goes on in people's minds, but usually first time scum players in only their second ever mafia game don't go running around picking out a specific person to legitimately townread at the very beginning of the game after rvs (I say legitimate because I'm pretty sure he actually read me as town from my fluff posts and from your own "Ok Frostings is town" post)
Not sure why this is such a big deal (got fartow's jimmies rustled as well) when it's a small read after rvs that might not become of anything, and it's not an "obvtown" post that you always do
This tone change is disturbing, predominantly the bolded. I was initially suspicious that this was an attempt to cover for a scumbuddy and this response is doing nothing to change that.

Tess wrote:

I didn't want to mention said thing, was kind of pushed into it. Also, secretive does not mean scum.
no

Sniverre235 wrote:

Drezi wrote:

So yeah I'm looking at you Sniverre and Jess.

I want the Frostings townread explained, and any updates based on the past like 10 pages of posts lol. If you're town, don't fret just honestly tell us what made you think of him as town.
Sorry for the very late reply, but when I first saw the amount of vote for frostings..I figured that I should follow the crowd. Since I do not really want to change at all for who I vote, so I will just stick to Frostings. Since I am completely new in mafia, he may be equally good and equally bad in my senses.
P.S:
I am really sorry for the low amount of post counts but I come here frequently to read. I do not have much intention to post here unless it is important.
yeeeeeeeeah

If there's scum in the newer players, I'd place it here. The general attitude is null, but the amount of effort put into explaining it is off-putting.

Tess wrote:

Vote: SNB

fartownik wrote:

Vote: Tess

It stays.

Drezi wrote:

Vote: SNB
The fuck is this?

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Done reading.

Vote: Sniverre235
um

Sniverre235 wrote:

Nahh...For a second thought I should stick to what I am thinking right now
This post and the last Sniverre post are probably town; I like this slot more now.

Frostings wrote:

m y g o d
this game is so bad
FoS: fartownik
Honestly, we're just trying to see where your thoughts lie, fartow, and you get extremely offended and hostile for no reason

FoS: Sniverre
sorry, but new player just isn't gonna cut it, bad play is just bad

Vote remains on Tess

I'll do better explanation of reads later, on my phone with 5% battery
This post really bugs me but I can't tell if it's scum making up fluff or just us being completely unsynced to each other.

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

My vote on Sniverre is mainly because they're just following the crowd for the whole game, not really having their own thoughts (And if they are, they're not showing that they are). I know they're a new player, so I can't expect them to be fully independent, but at the same time, it feels like they're not even trying to read the game, and just voting whatever everyone else is, and I don't really like that kind of play.

However, I would still like to hear Jess's reasoning behind the vote on Sniverre. Whilst I assume it was the same as mine, I didn't really expect another vote, especially not so quickly.
This is dead null from newer players. General attitude is only alignment indicative if you can apply it to specific people, and even then it can easily fail if they know about it.

(bottom of 20)
Nyxa
It's us being massively unsynced to each other. It's getting on my nerves.
Birdy

Tess wrote:

It's almost like you really don't want to be considered scum.
Do you?
Amianki
Somehow the Snivierre vote from Jess didn't go through; the 'um' was directed to both that and Magic Bomb's vote.
Amianki

Tess wrote:

what
Nyxa
I don't care. The only thing I think fucked things up for me was saying I had suspects at all.

It's interesting, because I said I had my reasons to be suspicious, I warned the other towns to pay attention to the thread, and the moment I vote on SNB, farto immediately after votes on me, after retracting his vote on Zexion. Then, first post he makes after, SNB is like "I'm okay with wagons on me :)", then does his amazing "2 kills at once" post (which is only a minor slip, which is why I explicitly stated that I didn't want to elaborate on my reads based on minor things, but still kept being egged on to do so) and votes on me as well. And guess who votes me after that... Zexion.

Yeah, I don't trust this.

I'm changing my reads. Frostings is null-town for me now, and Zexion up there with SNB and farto. Prove me wrong.
Nyxa

Amianki wrote:

Tess wrote:

what
Everyone whom I think to be town (except Frostings maybe) doesn't seem to have a very clear idea on who to think scum. They keep changing their ideas. Is that not being massively unsynced?
Amianki
I don't have willpower to read through 50 more walls tonight and I'm pushing it by being awake at all right now.

I'll see about spamming the thread with small posts during my lunchbreak tomorrow.
Amianki

Tess wrote:

Amianki wrote:

what
Everyone whom I think to be town (except Frostings maybe) doesn't seem to have a very clear idea on who to think scum. They keep changing their ideas. Is that not being massively unsynced?
Yeah, but that came out of nowhere and I don't understand what you're responding to.
Birdy
I mean I can "prove you wrong" right away with that you're instantly scumreading everyone scumreading you apparently. Best tactic 2k15.
Birdy
And that was directed towards Tess to avoid any confusion, whoops.
Birdy

Tess wrote:

slip
jesus

no
Amianki
Also I don't understand what the problem is with someone getting an early read on me considering I'm probably one of the easiest people to read on the site.
Nyxa
@Amianki: it was directed at your post of town being unsynced to each other.

@SNB: I actually already suspected you before you scumread me, which is why I voted you in the first place. Are you gonna grasp at every straw to abstain yourself from being scumread? The only reason I would think you're town at this point would be because it's incredibly stupid to push so hard against someone, knowing they're town, without some kind of plan for after they get lynched. That's the only valid argument you have going for you right now, to me.
Nyxa
lol okay I'm done talking to you SNB
Birdy

Tess wrote:

@SNB: I actually already suspected you before you scumread me, which is why I voted you in the first place. Are you gonna grasp at every straw to abstain yourself from being scumread? The only reason I would think you're town at this point would be because it's incredibly stupid to push so hard against someone, knowing they're town, without some kind of plan for after they get lynched. That's the only valid argument you have going for you right now, to me.
The funny thing is that there was literally zero "evidence" whatsoever of me being a scum before I got active several hours ago. I had just returned from the meatworld and I saw a random wagon on me, so how did anything in that particular wagon have anything to do with actually suspecting me of anything? All I had done earlier were quick posts to state my FoS on farto, if that's a good enough reason to get a wagon on me then I don't know what to tell you guys.
Amianki
Tess, nothing about your response makes any sense to what I was saying.
Nyxa
I give up lol
Frostings
hello yes I'm here and reading
Frostings

Sniverre235 wrote:

Why i voted for Frostings:
From the lack of post that Frostings have

Sniverre235 wrote:

it is giving me some scumvibes on Frostings because of the lack of activity for the game. He may be trying to lose attention from the others.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????????????????????????????
ARE WE EVEN IN THE SAME GAME ???

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

It's weak, but more than I expected from a new player (This sounds very hypocritical coming from someone else who's on their first game but yeah).

Unvote
WTF????????????
MBomb

Frostings wrote:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Unvote
WTF????????????
If you're asking WTF to my unvote, it's not because I think Sniverre is town, but more, I think there is a scum somewhere out of SNB, Tess, and Fartownik, and at this moment in time tracking down which one of those it is would make more sense, to make sure we make the right decision here, to avoid a mislynch.
Frostings
HOW ON EARTH IS THAT POST EVEN REMOTELY OK????
1. Hypocrisy fucking EVERYWHERE
2. You voted for me JUST AFTER RVS, and your reason for it is because I WAS LACKING POSTS????
a) I was actually posting the most between the end of RVS and the beginning of the actual game to generate discussion and move away from RVS
b) even if I wasn't posting at all, how is that reason ok to have your vote remain on me until this stage of the game?

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON ANYMORE
Nyxa
I'm gonna second Frostings' "WTF" on Magic Bomb's post, though I sort of understood. Sniverre isnt very high on my suspects list.
Frostings

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

more than I expected from a new player
this part is totally WTF
Frostings
oh yeah, tess, big wall coming up for you :)
MBomb

Frostings wrote:

oh yeah, tess, big wall coming up for you :)
tfw big wall is about to come up just as I'm about to sleep ;w;
AlyNight
Oh god...Frosting...
Gotta be more careful from this point onwards
Birdy

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

tfw big wall is about to come up just as I'm about to sleep ;w;
Same.
show more