forum

What beatmaps do you think are worth too much pp?

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny
Certain mappers styles give a lot of pp for difficulty relatively easier than other maps

most notably frostmourne maps, I've noticed gives a TON of pp while being considerably easy. A few of my top pp scores are frostmourne maps
Yuudachi-kun

otoed1 wrote:

Why isn't there a version of hard rock that reduces AR instead.
It's called EZ.
Barusamikosu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Because low AR is boring
Gotta go fast.

Kheldragar wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

It's called EZ.
He's probably talking about a mod that increases CS/OD/HP while lowering the AR. Turning AR9 maps into CS5 ~AR7-8 maps sounds pretty cool to me.
E m i
baru stop right there
Yuudachi-kun
You've violated the law; pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
Barusamikosu

[ Momiji ] wrote:

baru stop right there

Kheldragar wrote:

You've violated the law; pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
You'll never catch me alive.
totekingsg1
Daidai genome in my opinion. One of the easiest (if not the easiest) DT map I think, and it gives... 250 PP!!

Obviously this is only MY opinion. But I think it is the typical map every top10k has on his top ranks page.
Mahogany
I tried Daidai once and the triples rekt me

I am perfectly happy having fewer farm maps in my top plays it makes me feel better about myself and gives me a claim to superiority over those who do have it in their scores.
-Makishima S-
Daidai showed me how bad is my reading.
Rekt.
Doesn't matter it's easy to tap and play when i have problem to read it.
Stacked notes ftw, burn this map.
silmarilen
is it weird that im top2k but i cant fc daidai or koigokoro? (the one in my top performance is the easier diff)
Mahogany
No its not weird

Also

Shit I just realized that silm is more accurate than me x_x
DahplA

silmarilen wrote:

is it weird that im top2k but i cant fc daidai or koigokoro? (the one in my top performance is the easier diff)
I don't think you even need FCs to get PP from either.
-Makishima S-

silmarilen wrote:

Maybe you skipped them or something? Imo not weird, why? Koigokoro is 140 bpm ar8 so might be hard for some people to play.

I was working my way to fc koigokoro HARD with HR and done it with 98% acc (cs5.2 ar9.8 od8.4).
Dunno what i will do with insane maps, probably when i will be able to properly read ar10, i will have already maps in top worth more than this once.

@Edit: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/116345

Worth way too much like for literaly zero effort to get 5 mod score.
Yuudachi-kun
Taiga, he means koigokoro DT which is like 225 bpm. Also yeah, it's weird, silmarilen.
gregest

otoed1 wrote:

because soon ar9 is going to be the new ar8
-sev

Barusamikosu wrote:

Turning AR9 maps into CS5 ~AR7-8 maps sounds pretty cool to me.
God bless
Yuudachi-kun
Too slow - he meant DT as do most people when talking about koigokoro since it's the most played mod for that map.

Barusamikosu

[Taiga] wrote:

Maybe he mean HDHR?

It's possible.
Yuudachi-kun
Primastella - Koigokoro [Insane] +DT (96.30%)
2 months ago
235pp

If a 96% DT is going to have more pp than 99.75% HDHR, I doubt many would HDHR.

That's still a better play than mine
Nyxa
Compared to other maps, Jamaican Love seems to be absurdly easy even among farm maps.
Mahogany

Barusamikosu wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

Maybe he mean HDHR?

It's possible.
Nice I should HDHR that since I can't 210
-Makishima S-
If a 96% DT is going to have more pp than 99.75% HDHR, I doubt many would HDHR
96% is not even considered as played properly.
There is obvious reason why i am not happy with my acc - 96% is complete garbage.
Sadly it takes time to fix this.

I would prefer grind 2 weeks for 99,75% HDHR to feel proud for good acc than 2 hours for 96% DT, at least in this single case.

@Edit:

No offence

since it's the most played mod for that map
Only becouse DT is overweighted on this map since require way lower acc than HDHR to achieve good pp amount.
Easy pp is easy, where is the challenge then?
Yuudachi-kun
With 5 misses, DT still OP

Orange Caramel - Shanghai Romance [Insane] +DT (87.73%) 200pp
8 days ago
-Makishima S-
There is obvious reason why i deleted my post but looks like you have truble to understand this.

With 5 misses on HR - no pp or barely any for you (if you ever stay alive after them considering HP drain).
You just prove my point that HR require way higer skill to achieve reasonable amount of pp than DT.
Yuudachi-kun
That's what I'm trying to do because I believe HR is harder and requires more skill than DT.
-Makishima S-
My appologize then for being rude, i tough you are another "typical dt fanboy who think that dt > hr in case of skill".

Forgive me please.
Yuudachi-kun

[Taiga] wrote:

My appologize then for being rude, i tough you are another "typical dt fanboy who think that dt > hr in case of skill".

Forgive me please.
This is how I feel

Since I'm better at speed than acc I'll gravitate to a few DT plays which give me PP which in turn leads to playing more DT and getting better at DT than having to spend possible months trying to grind out learning HR with no actual profile gains. Like 5 days ago someone fed me DT songs and in two days I had gained about 100pp so yeah.

I nomodded up to 190-200pp plays. GG.
Barusamikosu

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Nice I should HDHR that since I can't 210
Same. Low BPM best BPM.
Yuudachi-kun
Wtf this is 200pp too for low acc.

-Makishima S-
than having to spend possible months trying to grind out learning HR with no actual profile gains.
I am proud about some of my HR plays, cannot disagree that's actualy very nice feeling when you see this 98%+ acc (on ar9.8+ od8.4+).
Also i agree - it's slow and arduous work to achieve SOME skill in HR and i am like - if i can play a single song with it, it's actualy small step into a bit higer skill. Long way to go before i actualy start playing HR like nomod. Learning AR10 and making eyes used to it withot hurting ability to read ar8 and ar9 will take insane amount of work but... worth imo. Better start learning this "when you are kid" than suffering later like many high ranked players who as i hear from many twitch streams - have problem with learning HR.

Back to topic:

I still stand with statment that EVERYTHING with DT is overweighted.
Yuudachi-kun
When I talk about HR acc, I'm talking about being able to acc od 9.8 and od10; what maps have you played HR that give you these values? Because your top play to me is only od 6 + HR which is only od 8.4.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

what maps have you played HR that give you these values? Because your top play to me is only od6 + HR which is only od 8.4.
really?
chainpullz
OD8+DT is OD9.75. :p
ZenithPhantasm
I thought it was 9.66
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

what maps have you played HR that give you these values? Because your top play to me is only od6 + HR which is only od 8.4.
really?
What? He's not appearing to play od7/8/+ HR
E m i
that's because he doesn't, get it? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) ;) :(
Barusamikosu

Kheldragar wrote:

When I talk about HR acc, I'm talking about being able to acc od 9.8 and od10; what maps have you played HR that give you these values? Because your top play to me is only od 6 + HR which is only od 8.4.
Baby steps. OD8.4 is difficult for him just like 9.8/10 is difficult for you.
OD6+HR takes me forever to SS, but I can't even read AR9.8...
Yuudachi-kun
When I talk about HR requiring skill, I am actually referring to being able to maintain high accuracy on od10 during even complicated patterns.
Barusamikosu
I understand. It just seemed pretty mean to put Taiga down like that when he was basically agreeing with you that HR is a huge grind.
Yuudachi-kun

Barusamikosu wrote:

HR is a huge grind.
No one got time for that ahahaheiauheuaeaea