forum

Kantai Collection

posted
Total Posts
show more
CXu
Haven't been here in a while. Anyhow, good luck to whoever is still battling with the event. Personally finished E7 a few days ago, and went back to LSC'ing for Bismarck again. 65 tries and counting. Still no Bismarck in sight... :(
Ayachi-
Leguna

CXu wrote:

Haven't been here in a while. Anyhow, good luck to whoever is still battling with the event. Personally finished E7 a few days ago, and went back to LSC'ing for Bismarck again. 65 tries and counting. Still no Bismarck in sight... :(
well, that just sad. the biggest LSC was 25 attempt for Shioi for me.

anyway, still looking for that Amatsukaze & Ohyodo, why'd they need to be so shy to show up...
CXu
The good news is that I got both Yamato and Musashi while looking for Bismarck, the bad news is that I still need to find Shioi after that as well ;;
And the "best way" to find Amatsukaze is to forget that you're looking for her :^)
Evrien

CXu wrote:

The good news is that I got both Yamato and Musashi while looking for Bismarck, the bad news is that I still need to find Shioi after that as well ;;
And the "best way" to find Amatsukaze is to forget that you're looking for her :^)
Yes, or else this game reads minds!
I got 9 Yamatos before getting my first Musashi
Luna-
I got bismarck at my first attempt to get her :v

/me runs
-Atri-
When people give up at events.... Well, I have no comment

i just want to waste your time
Luna-
captin1
Juuryoushin

captin1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB2uNAClGfQ stupid reactions ftw
Your reaction totally looks like "I CAN DIE IN PEACE.................."
Congrats tho !
OsuMe65

captin1 wrote:

reaction too gold
Kurogamii

Dark Accelerator wrote:

I got bismarck at my first attempt to get her :v

/me runs
same here *runs

captin1 wrote:

dat reaction tho'
CXu

captin1 wrote:

Shireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anyhow, IT HAPPENED. APPARENTLY YOU JUST NEED TO COMPLAIN A LOT:
-Atri-
Should I do events, or just enjoy game?
Luna-

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Why no both?

If you're new and think you aren't prepare for the event, you should try to pass at least E-1,You only need destroyers and light crusiers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Btw I just cleared E-6 (easy) :D

I didn't get ro-chan tho :c
Will farm for her the last day

also congrats CXu :D
CXu

KuranteMelodii wrote:

When you get really into the game, I think most players find events the most fun aspect of KanColle. Unlike the regular maps, no one really knows anything about the event maps at the beginning of the event, and you have a limited time to clear those maps, so the information gathering and testing out different compositions, equipment and discovering branching rules, successful tactics and strategies is really fun. And there is a sense of accomplishment when you clear a hard event as well, so there's that.

If you've only recently begun playing, events might seem a bit hard to get into as a beginner, but even a completely new player should be able to clear E1 and maybe E2 during most events on the easiest difficulty. Of course, just playing the game regularly is fine as well, but you should definitely try and participate in the event, ask people for advice, and trying to complete at least E1. KanColle is a singleplayer game, but the whole information sharing aspect of it makes it a really great game for playing with friends as well (and you can brag about your cool event ships).

It's kinda like playing pokémon without access to the internet, and hearing for the first time from a friend where you can catch mewtwo.

@Dark Accelerator: Congrats! :D
_koinuri

My dream finally came true

My resources are extremely low now, so I'm not sure if I can handle E-9 the Roma farm.. Probably have to give up and wait for next opportunity
captin1
Event ends May 18th, that's over a week from now. with enough resource gathering it's definitely possible to have a shot at roma farm by mid next week/early weekend
_koinuri
More orel cruising then I guess

Let's see how much buckets I can recover before then
CXu
Your resources should be pretty good to go for roma farming. Obviously depending on your luck you might need more, but a run costs about 200 fuel/ammo and you'll rarely need to repair anything. You can replace the BB with a CA/CAV to spend less resources as well. (and a command facility thing for that occasional red on node H.)
-Atri-
what the hell is E7? It just only 6 maps in the event
Juuryoushin

KuranteMelodii wrote:

what the hell is E7? It just only 6 maps in the event
It's usually the farming part, when you cleared all maps but missed one or several ships that are only droppable on these maps.

(I know, fast answer, I was randomly passing by.)
_koinuri

CXu wrote:

Your resources should be pretty good to go for roma farming. Obviously depending on your luck you might need more, but a run costs about 200 fuel/ammo and you'll rarely need to repair anything. You can replace the BB with a CA/CAV to spend less resources as well. (and a command facility thing for that occasional red on node H.)
Tried running this a couple of times and I'm surprised I don't get damage at all. The E-5 drained tons of buckets for me so I was expecting this to do the same, I guess having subs really help.
Your fleet on the video is really easy to use and doesn't eat that much resources, thanks for showing :D!

And yeah, I just meant all the farming after the event when I said E-7/E-8.
KinomiCandy
Don't really care for farming Roma, but I'd probably attempt a few times before the event ends. I'm just all about that Akitsushima, sweg.

OsuMe65

KinomiCandy wrote:

Don't really care for farming Roma, but I'd probably attempt a few times before the event ends. I'm just all about that Akitsushima, sweg.

I can't git this anymoar ; w;

Fak E-5
CXu
Wow nomi you don't even Akitsushima Kai what a noob =w=p

OsuMe65 wrote:

KinomiCandy wrote:

I can't git this anymoar ; w;

Fak E-5
Why? Are you stuck at E5, or is it E6 being mean? If you really want Akitsushima you can always lower the difficulty of the map if you can't seem to do it on medium/hard, as you'll get Akitsushima regardless.
OsuMe65

CXu wrote:

Why? Are you stuck at E5, or is it E6 being mean? If you really want Akitsushima you can always lower the difficulty of the map if you can't seem to do it on medium/hard, as you'll get Akitsushima regardless.
E-5 stuck
>Can't get a boss sink
>Gauge at half
If I do clear E-5, I can't clear E-6 before the event ends
CXu
Are you using sanshiki and the submarine strat? Didn't really have a lot of problems sinking her in general, and the SS made me almost always get a boss encounter. You only need to sink her at her final form anyway, which you can use a boss expedition for.
Juuryoushin

CXu wrote:

Are you using sanshiki and the submarine strat? Didn't really have a lot of problems sinking her in general, and the SS made me almost always get a boss encounter. You only need to sink her at her final form anyway, which you can use a boss expedition for.
Yup, the Sanshiki/SS combination is the way to go on that map. Otherwise you'll get a goddamn hard time here.

Be sure to keep at least either SuzuyaxKumano or MogamixMikuma because it removes one good battle from your path. (That's a weird branching rule I admit)
I don't know what difficulty you did choose, but if it's Easy, just pick your best ships while keeping 2 BB, 2 CA(V), 1 CV and 1 SS.
Evrien

Juuryoushin wrote:

CXu wrote:

Yup, the Sanshiki/SS combination is the way to go on that map. Otherwise you'll get a goddamn hard time here.

Be sure to keep at least either SuzuyaxKumano or MogamixMikuma because it removes one good battle from your path. (That's a weird branching rule I admit)
I don't know what difficulty you did choose, but if it's Easy, just pick your best ships while keeping 2 BB, 2 CA(V), 1 CV and 1 SS.
Also Ryuujou + Choukai, which is what I used because I accidentally locked Suzuya in E3 and Mogami/Mikuma were too low-leveled to be effective
Feast
Does anyone have a decent guide for a beginner ? I found some "guides" that are more FAQs, I learn some basical things like how to repair etc... but not much about what I should start with, atm I'm just doing a sortie, 1 or 2 fights then coming back & waiting for my ships to be repaired & do this over again and I don't feel like this is what I should do so that's why I'm wondering if there is any guide to tell me what to do on my first steps on this game :|

Thanks~
Luna-
Probably this is what are you searching: [Guide] Kantai Collection video tutorials for new players

Here is another guide but as you say is more FAQs, but still they are userful: [Guide] The Newbie Guide

and in these pages you can find other guides and all the information that you need, they are your new bibles.

http://www.himeuta.net/f6-kancolle-guides/
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki

As recommendation you should continue doing sorties and unlock new maps, try to do the dailies quests and when you can, start doing expeditions, they are useful for get resources, but you maybe will not need it at the moment tho
Feast
Thank you, I already saw the guides / FAQs but the videos are really helpful !

Does the landscape thingy bugs or I'm just doing wrong ? (The thing to have the game on the left & info on the right)
Luna-
Are you talking about the kancolle viewer? I'd recommend this version, is more complete and have more stuff than others

https://github.com/yuyuvn/KanColleViewer/releases
OsuMe65

CXu wrote:

My Sanshiki'd ships doesn't aim at the boss. Sometimes, they do but damage is meh. Might post my roster later.
Flower
After the lv20 Chokai post... I got...

And passed all levels in Hard. Yay

Dark Accelerator wrote:

Are you talking about the kancolle viewer? I'd recommend this version, is more complete and have more stuff than others

The modified version may have unknown bugs and may cause unexpected shipgirl sinking or risk being banned by DMM.
Jinxy

Flower wrote:

Dark Accelerator wrote:

The modified version may have unknown bugs and may cause unexpected shipgirl sinking or risk being banned by DMM.
Then the Yuubari version is also a "modified version" if you define it that way. Both are forked from Zharay which is forked from the original Japanese KCV. There is no "unknown bug" or "ban risk".
captin1
yuyuvn is safe

kancolle tool is the viewer version that has ban risk
Juuryoushin

Ninth IX wrote:

atm I'm just doing a sortie, 1 or 2 fights then coming back & waiting for my ships to be repaired & do this over again and I don't feel like this is what I should do
Don't be fooled. You have very limited options at the beginning, it gets better as you unlock maps and collect shipgirls along the way.
The game's concept makes it quite repetitive by nature, especially when there are no events going on. Anyway, don't worry, it's far more addictive than you think :p

Also, after 2 days of training, my new ships are close to be fully maxed (not everyone though, splitting tasks is something I hate)
I totally didn't expect to love Katsuragi Kai's design that much, I'm pleasantly surprised.
DestinySonata
I just finished farming for Amatsukaze, Ooyodo, I-19, I-8 and Takanami.

Should I keep going to E-3 to farm for Tokitsukaze? Looks kind of cute, and plus the map is quite resource friendly.
Or should I go to E-6 and farm for Roma and U-511?

I have around 20k rsc (after gathering for the last week).
show more