forum

Beat Hazard - Bullet Hell Rhythm Hybrid Game

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mashley
Got it today.Sure, the gameplay doesn't sync much to the music but the strobes and such are enough for it to be engaging. Quite surprised it runs on my computer, to be honest.
Anyone got good suggestions for songs to try? Personally I'd suggest Muse, though that's not exactly just for Beat Hazard.

Doomsday93 wrote:

3 bosses in a row with a peashooter
asbfjwebhgis I hate it when my gun goes like that! >_<
0_o

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Anyone got good suggestions for songs to try?
Tigerlily was sexy to play
awp
been interested to hear how Anal Cunt plays if there was gameplay-music interaction
rust45
I have some good songs in mind that I think would be fun to play, but I won't be able to run it on my computer. Does anyone know when it's coming out on PSN?
Ephemeral
fucking rapes your eyes even on easiest setting

it is literally strobe, the game
Remco32
I put all my MP3s in 1 folder, which means it takes way to long in Beat Hazard to find the song I want to play. This game needs a search song system..
NoHitter

Remco32 wrote:

I put all my MP3s in 1 folder, which means it takes way to long in Beat Hazard to find the song I want to play. This game needs a search song system..
Agreed
Larto
Hanyuu
Ph0X
CPY release for anyone who wanted to play more than the couple plays in the demo
main reason I got it is because I wasted 4 of my plays on FLAC songs, that wern't even supported :|

Hanyuu: http://www.xfire.com/video/28f073/
Hanyuu
thanks Ph0x :D
Pokebis
I love this. I'll probably actually buy it soon with the cheap price tag.
Mr Gaddy
My friend bought it for me. And i really liked it. :D
Ph0X

Pokebis wrote:

cheap
Hahahahahaha.
mosluv
Faust
So basically the music determines the difficulty. Is that it?
mosluv
It determines how many bullets come out when you shoot, how many enemies appear on screen, what type of enemy, the way the enemy moves (read this somewhere, not sure), and the flashy effects.

When put all together it's hard to notice everything I guess. As for difficulty; you can choose between Easy, Normal, Hardcore, or Insane.
Jinxy
Just used up my demo. Didn't see much link to the music being played, so basically feels like those shooting games except with more blinding colours and light.
UtsukimiJerry
tried this game. I can say this

AWESOME!. this game is just nuts. although the blinding colours and flash makes me eyes hurt a bit and I have headaches after playing it for few minutes or so.
qlum
song browsing is fucked up, the flashes make it hard to see where your ship is and it doesn't support any other controllers than the xbox360 for windows.
I only played it from 3 to 4 am tonight and I didn't have any light source other than my screen while playing it.
and of course I pirated it
Triplicity

qlum wrote:

song browsing is fucked up, the flashes make it hard to see where your ship is and it doesn't support any other controllers than the xbox360 for windows.
I only played it from 3 to 4 am tonight and I didn't have any light source other than my screen while playing it.
and of course I pirated it
Well, that's nice, you got an experience equal to what you paid for it.

Unrelated, I just finished playing about an hour of this. Delicious seizure is glorious. There are songs that don't work for the game (many of the songs on osu!, for instance), and songs that just do.