forum

[duplicate] In-Game Digital Time Option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +35
Topic Starter
Gooby
Instead of the in-game song time bar to be a pie or line, wouldn't it be nice if there was an option where the time bar pie or line would change to an actual digital timer in normal font (or custom skin font) and in a colour (or custom skin font colour) telling how much time is left in the song and when there is a break, the timer will change colour (example red) and the timer will change to the time of how long the break is, then when the break ends, the timer will go back to the normal time of the song remaining.

Example:
In-game normal timer:
1:40
1:39
1:38

In-game break timer:
0:03
0:02
0:01

then transition back to in-game normal timer and repeat when there is a break.

[Edited] Decided to change the feature request to become an option in-game instead of a permanent replacement for the time bar.
Karuta-_old_1
I have never felt awkward about the time bar being a pie chart or anything before and it would probably look weird to me if I switched to the actual time

#to topic
I usually only look at the time bar to get a rough estimate of how much longer until it is the end of the song and I can't focus on the time and focus on the songs at the same time

so my question to you is, why yes
Sea_Food
Live with parents.
Playing a long song.
They want you to do something.
Cant because you want to finish song.
They ask how much it take.
Awnser i am two thirds done.

Or

Reply i still have three and a half minutes to go.

Thats why.
Bara-
Look at song length before playing
Then constantly calculate everytime you look at it
Ash Marley
At least having the option to have a digital timer or a pie chart in the options would be nice.
Karuta-_old_1

Sea_Food wrote:

Live with parents.
Playing a long song.

Or

Thats why.
fair enough
Kamikaze

baraatje123 wrote:

Look at song length before playing
Then constantly calculate everytime you look at it
And miss a lot because you're focusing on calculating time instead of reading patterns, great idea

This idea should be an option in menu, I'm suporting it!
Multtari
Doesn't seem like super time consuming thing to implement and there are cases where it can prove to be useful so why not? Would also prefer to have fractions of seconds visible too as an option.
Yukiteru Amano
Within a temptation... "I only got 1/4 left!"
Eni

Ash Marley wrote:

At least having the option to have a digital timer or a pie chart in the options would be nice.
Seijiro
I prefer to see real values, not estimates. Support~
AndRay2014
I personally think it's easy to build and will do no harm (after all, will be an option)
Support, but i don't have stars
Oinari-sama
t/252288
t/147245

All these stars... please search properly before opening new topics next time :(
Compendium II
Would be nice to see this feature. It's always good to know that your song hasn't actually ended, and you don't miss that last 3 notes of your 6 minute song because it seemed like your pie graph was full and the music ended. :^)
Bara-

Oinari-sama wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/252288
t/147245

All these stars... please search properly before opening new topics next time :(
Whoa
Duplicates found after 14 days
Rip shot stars
brunn08

Sea_Food wrote:

Live with parents.
Playing a long song.

Or

Thats why.
Why osu!forums does n´t have a like system :shock:
But, parents don´t want to know how much time u need to Finnish the song :( They want that u start doing that thing in the exact moment :cry: Because of parents problem we always have pause menu :)
For this reason I don´t need this feature Joking its a nice Idea 8-)