forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Athrun
How do people even GET Hoopa.

Also The Mauville Hills T_T
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

How do people even GET Hoopa.
The same way people managed to get Diancie way before its distribution event came out (which I'm not mentioning because I don't recommend it AT ALL).

EDIT: The 1.2 patch is out now.
Gumpy
Heard a pokemon got banned from competetive play for being to OP.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I think it was Mega Rayquaza.
Vapor
yeah it was, they added a new tier called Anything Goes i believe. in which everything is viable.

not quite sure how it fairs against xerneas tho
Trash Boat
are they official tiers from Nintendo or from fans?
Gumpy
Fans
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
As if Nintendo/Game Freak would actually care to place them on tiers.

EDIT: Added another Base to the OP.
Ciunek
Transferred my breeding stuff from Y cart. If anyone needs pokerus, write here/pm me so I can trade you somehow. I'm GMT+1 right now.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
That reminds me: I still need to get the EV bracers for my OR...

EDIT: Added a second QR code under my spoilerbox. It mostly recreates my original Ruby's Base (but not my team), but due to missing/changes for some Decorations, I had to change some things.
Navizel

Gumpyyy wrote:

Heard a pokemon got banned from competetive play for being to OP.
smogon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BrokenArrow
Does this game have autosave?
I'm replaying Black at the moment.. and lost a couple of hours of progress because the game froze. Fuck.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Other than entering the Hall of Fame, no.
Vapor
catching a legendary with a quick ball is one of the most satisfying things i've ever done
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I thought about doing that, but... I didn't know where they were sold until it was too late :o (AKA I have all of them already save Cresselia, but Crescent Isle is just... ugh...)

Btw, for those who need a Feebas, it's been simplified now

Serebii wrote:

Each day, during the daytime (06:00 to 20:00), if you go under this bridge at the north part of Route 119, you will be able to fish nothing but Feebas. During the night time and in any other place on the route, Feebas has a 5% chance of appearing.

Navizel
Way too easy. So the trendy phrases don't affect its catch rate now?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yeah... which kinda sucks because I actually kinda had fun with them back then...
Jinxy
You can still have fun with the phrases but I refuse to believe anyone had fun trying to catch a feebas in gen 3

6 fucking squares in one of the longest routes in the game
Vapor
oh i might actually catch a feebas in this game then. never even bothered trying in r/s/e. too much effort for not enough worth imo.

also my vaporeon just rekt my friend's team of legendaries and pseudo-legendaries. i felt like an asshole toxic stalling but it felt good watching everything of his fall while vaporeon soaked hah puns up hits
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Updated my QR codes. They're mainly just Flag updates, but there's also a few Decoration changes as well as different lighting options.
Yuzeyun

Vapor wrote:

oh i might actually catch a feebas in this game then. never even bothered trying in r/s/e. too much effort for not enough worth imo.

also my vaporeon just rekt my friend's team of legendaries and pseudo-legendaries. i felt like an asshole toxic stalling but it felt good watching everything of his fall while vaporeon soaked hah puns up hits
proof that well trained pokes > legendalols

gotta find a nice moveset for my opdevoir. (151 SpAtt / 121 SpDef at level 42, looks like I'm gonna get at least get a nice 300 for either of those stats. And 95 speed)
got imprison/psychic (12pp)/heal pulse/calm mind. thinking about getting moon blast, yet i want to keep psychic and calm mind. any ideas of a nice moveset ?

small edit:

Vapor wrote:

catching a legendary with a quick ball is one of the most satisfying things i've ever done
get on my level scrub. Azelf with a FUCKING POKEBALL
it's spoil rite?
Jinxy

_Gezo_ wrote:

gotta find a nice moveset for my opdevoir. (151 SpAtt / 121 SpDef at level 42, looks like I'm gonna get at least get a nice 300 for either of those stats. And 95 speed)
got imprison/psychic (12pp)/heal pulse/calm mind. thinking about getting moon blast, yet i want to keep psychic and calm mind. any ideas of a nice moveset
Calm Mind/Psychic/Moonblast/Focus Blast

If you're using her Mega, tutor her Hyper Voice instead of Moonblast if you have access to it
If you're not using her Mega then I assume you're just using her ingame and not vs other people and the above will probably work. You probably don't even need CM
Vapor
tbolt is a nice gardevoir move too, if you don't like focus blast's chance of missing
Navizel
How about Psyshock?
Irreversible
Sorry if it was posted already, in any way / or if it's not appropriate to be here lol

Does the 3D effect also lag heavily for you guys?
Giralda

Irreversible wrote:

It lags slightly for me at the start of a battle.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Depends on the Pokémon fought (ranges from slight lag to... well.. horrible).

I usually play with the 3D off, anyway.
Vapor
i only played with the 3D on for the first day i had the game, didn't really notice any lag tho. had it turned off ever since because it begins to hurt my eyes ;o;
Trash Boat
Doctors recommend taking 10-minutes break for every 30 minutes of gameplay with 3D On
Kher

Irreversible wrote:

It lags a bit for me, although I don't usually have it on due to it giving me horrible headaches.
Athrun
I only have 3D on if there is a cool cutscene
Navizel
Got an Eon Ticket through Street Pass. Not regretting going out yesterday anymore
ColdTooth
Aaaah I'm so slow on this game now ;;

I ran through Y with very swift speed, now I can't even play this game without the free time

Sigh
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Got an Eon Ticket through Street Pass. Not regretting going out yesterday anymore
The heck... how many distribution areas are there...
Athrun

Blazevoir wrote:

The heck... how many distribution areas are there...
Actually, do online streetpass and you may also get it.
If I remember they are:
- Australia (Finished)
- NZ (Finished)
- Netherlands (Finished)
- Japan

Not a lot of places lel.
Oh and for once America was forgetten. Yay!
Gumpy

Vapor wrote:

i only played with the 3D on for the first day i had the game, didn't really notice any lag tho. had it turned off ever since because it begins to hurt my eyes ;o;
I can't even have the 3D on for more than a few seconds without getting a massive headache.
Yuzeyun

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

If I remember they are:
- Australia (Finished)
- NZ (Finished)
- Netherlands (Finished)
- Japan

Not a lot of places lel.
Oh and for once America was forgetten. Yay!
France's got one special event too for the Eon ticket
Vapor
It was distributed in 12 cities around the UK too
deadbeat
ah crap. i wasn't paying attention. pretty sure i missed the Eon Ticket :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I know some Pokémon... uhh... Play(?) organizations were also giving them, but idk any of the locations...

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Any proof/source on this?
show more