forum

Refresh - Summertime

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
AndreasHD
I fixed those kiai times on [Easy] compared to [Insane] ..so thanks ziin : )
But I'll let the skin stay as it is, sorry.
ztrot
When skinning gameplay elements, complete sets of elements must be skinned. For instance, if you skin hitcircles, you must include a hitcircle.png, hitcircleoverlay.png, approachcircle.png, and a slider border color (this can be done by adding the line "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" (using RGB values) under the [Colours] section of each .osu file). The same logic applies to hitbursts, cursors, numbers, and anything else of this nature. If you didn't intend to skin an element in the set, then using the templateskin's version is okay. Setting a SkinPreference is also acceptable (e.g. forcing the default skin).

Tho I do suggest making or getting a reverse arrow it wouldn't hurt and getting a rebubble shouldn't be as hard as before.

It would just look better for the map and you want to do what is the best for the map right :) I figure it will only take you about 5-10 mins to get that put in and your map will be better for it :D

But you don't need to add a slider color and never force template elements, try to make them all if possible.
Lesjuh
Alright then, repeat-arrow was added. Rebubbled!
Topic Starter
AndreasHD
Alright ztrot, I added a reverse arrow from the default skin into the song folder.
Thanks for your help.
jericho2442
funfun maps, but have to pop for now sorry xD

galvenize's Hard
00:41:880 - 01:03:130 - having 0 hitsounds in this whole section leaves it feeling totally empty and the end part of this also makes no sense to have no hitsounds because its a powerful part of the song, i really advise you hitsound this area a bit...............
01:09:796 (5) - this slowdown slider was extremely hard to notice, due to it being an identical size to the slider at 01:08:546 with no visible way to tell the difference, i really advise to do something else
01:28:546 (1) - the way you timed this slider dont really go with your patterns, i would advise more like

02:18:546 (3) - this slowdown slider felt out of place to be honest, since it is following the beat it would be much better to keep the slider speed you used from before it, that way it give it the same "jolting" feeling the beat has at that point in the song
02:52:400 (3) - the timing pattern of this slider starting on the blue tick did not suit or follow anything in the song, i cant really understand the reasoning behind this blue tick slider, it just feels kinda out of place using this timing pattern :/
03:02:817 (9,1) - i would advise to space these more apart, the ending point of the (9) is on a odd timing to notice and the current spacing, making the player want to go to the (1) in a 1/2 timing even though the timing is more, by increasing the spacing here it helps to let the player notice the different timing.

Insane
02:15:421 - i advise to add a note here, the sudden break kills your flow and goes against the feel of the song, by adding a note here it continues the flow and also follows the rhythm better ;p
02:40:005 (1,2) - lolno, 2 completely different slider speeds, both tiny sliders with no way of noticing the different speeds and the sliders also look identical, sorry but you need to change this >_>
02:43:338 (1) - this slowdown also is extremely bad to notice and breaks the flow
(suggestion) 02:49:588 (2,3) - swap the position of these around, so (2) is in the center, creates a better flow on the (1,2,3) and also helps to show the player the timing of the next note
CXu
Can I just quickly respond to something here?

In insane:
02:40:005 (1,2) - lolno, 2 completely different slider speeds, both tiny sliders with no way of noticing the different speeds and the sliders also look identical, sorry but you need to change this >_>
02:43:338 (1) - this slowdown also is extremely bad to notice and breaks the flow

^I'm quite sure I was able to do that on my first try. For me it fits, but okay :P . No idea if it's still going to be deemed unrankable, but thought i'd just throw this out here since I already was here.
BounceBabe
Put out the Letterbox during Breaks :s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
galvenize
Thanks, everything is updated.

Now; please accept this allmighty update that I'm uploading now in this post

Download: Refresh - Summertime (ekowraith remix) (AndreasHD) [galvenize's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
AndreasHD
I do not have the time to fix the mod and put in your diff galvenize, I will do it after the weekend.
Topic Starter
AndreasHD
~ I removed the letterbox during breakes as you sayd Bouncebabe ~
~ I fixed you'r mod Jericho2442 ~
~ And I added you'r new difficulity galvenize ~

Thanks all : D
I hope for more mods then..
lolcubes
log
14:56 <AndreasHD> : Alright, I think I'll resurect Summertime
14:56 <lolcubes> : \:D/
15:08 <lolcubes> : since you have a hitcircle overlay
15:08 <lolcubes> : you need to specify the slider border
15:08 <lolcubes> : color
15:08 <lolcubes> : SliderBorder: 222,222,222
15:08 <AndreasHD> : ah
15:08 <lolcubes> : add this into colors section of each .osu
15:08 <lolcubes> : thats slightly grayish and i think that one is good
15:08 <lolcubes> : else just use 255,255,255 for white
15:08 <lolcubes> : if you dont like it
15:08 <AndreasHD> : kk
15:09 <lolcubes> : want me to ask galvenize about his kiai times?
15:09 <lolcubes> : hes online
15:09 <AndreasHD> : sure
15:09 <lolcubes> : he has 1 kiai missing, not sure if intentional
15:09 <AndreasHD> : um, that was actually my job to fix.. wonder why I didnt
15:10 <lolcubes> : ye he says to add it
15:11 <lolcubes> : 01:23:546 - start kiai i guess
15:21 <lolcubes> : okay, submit then so i update
15:21 <AndreasHD> : ok:P
15:21 <AndreasHD> : full?
15:21 <lolcubes> : nah
15:21 <lolcubes> : standard
15:21 <AndreasHD> : k
15:22 <AndreasHD> : done
15:23 <lolcubes> : dont see it in easy and ztrot's diff
15:23 <lolcubes> : you need to do it in all diffs
15:23 <AndreasHD> : yes
15:23 <AndreasHD> : ofc :)

Fixed the sliderborder and the missing kiai.
The mapset looks ready!

Re-Bubbled!

edit: I just did NOT bubble this while it's in the WiP forums, nope, did not!
Garven
My first impression upon opening this in editor was wtf

Then I saw the Insane barcoding. :D

Anyway:

[General]
Tick rate 2 across all maps would be awesome *looks at easy*
00:48:130 - This kiai feels way early, even though I know you're trying to go with the synth. You don't get as much of an oomph/electrolytes that the kiai fountain craves that the bass drum that kicks in at 00:48:546 - elicits.
02:48:546 (1,2) - It'd be cool if you could incorporate those circle waves in the SB to correspond with where the beats are in each map instead of only really fitting the Insane really well.

[Easy]
02:43:546 (1) - New combo usage during this section feels off.
That was a lot of 1/1/1 rhythms. zzz

[Normal]
01:03:963 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - New combo spam. :/
01:22:713 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - :/

[Hard]
01:54:380 (3) - Really hard to tell this was a slider.
02:38:755 (2) - Why have that extra beat?
02:39:275 (3) - I was expecting to go more with the music here instead of just having that long kick slider considering it's an echo part.
02:36:880 (1) - When you go into the normal sound set for these parts, then stay in the soft set for 02:43:755 (1) - it feels really inconsistent.

[Insane]
Good hell the skin makes so much glittery shit everywhere with these jumps, haha.
galvenize
Took in account everything you said and applied the changes accordingly.

Download: Refresh - Summertime (ekowraith remix) (AndreasHD) [galvenize's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
AndreasHD

Garven wrote:

My first impression upon opening this in editor was wtf

Then I saw the Insane barcoding. :D

Anyway:

[General]
Tick rate 2 across all maps would be awesome *looks at easy* ~ Fixed~
00:48:130 - This kiai feels way early, even though I know you're trying to go with the synth. You don't get as much of an oomph/electrolytes that the kiai fountain craves that the bass drum that kicks in at 00:48:546 - elicits. I think it's good enough as it is, feels good to me.
02:48:546 (1,2) - It'd be cool if you could incorporate those circle waves in the SB to correspond with where the beats are in each map instead of only really fitting the Insane really well.

[Easy]
02:43:546 (1) - New combo usage during this section feels off. Im sorry, but I don't agree with you on that
That was a lot of 1/1/1 rhythms. zzz

[Normal]
01:03:963 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - New combo spam. :/ ~Fixed~
01:22:713 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - :/ ~Fixed~

[Hard]
01:54:380 (3) - Really hard to tell this was a slider .~ Fixed~
02:38:755 (2) - Why have that extra beat? ~ Fixed~
02:39:275 (3) - I was expecting to go more with the music here instead of just having that long kick slider considering it's an echo part. ~Fixed~
02:36:880 (1) - When you go into the normal sound set for these parts, then stay in the soft set for 02:43:755 (1) - it feels really inconsistent. ~Fixed~

[Insane]
Good hell the skin makes so much glittery shit everywhere with these jumps, haha.
lol : )
Garven
Ranked - just in time for Christmas.
lolcubes
Congrats!
Shana Aisaka
wow~ Finally it has been Rank ~ <3

Congratulation ~ !!! :D
Topic Starter
AndreasHD
Thanks alot :D
Spectator
Wtf...CTB...
Nilsso
way to low AR on this map : /
Topic Starter
AndreasHD

Nilsso wrote:

way to low AR on this map : /
I agree hahahaha. 3 years has passed, omg... now I wish it was AR 9.4 :p

(Edited 2015- now I wish it was AR 9,7 lol!)