forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Arnold0
I don't know what happened but the text that was on row 16 should have been on row 34, and row 34 was empty. The fr.txt was fine so it's weird. I fixed it.
Was it like that because someone changed it or was it a bug ?
MillhioreF
Probably someone vandalizing the document. Change it back if you notice an anomaly like that (since it WILL break localization updates).
Topic Starter
peppy
i check all updates before they go live, but wouldn't mind others checking too :).
bem13
There are quite a few new strings, in case fellow translators hadn't noticed :)
Denko
Added 180 translations; finished Croatian.
TheVileOne
They wont appear in game until the pull request is accepted. Expect more lines to be submitted. I'm not finished with the editor.

Reporting that I have reset the VideoOffsetTooltip key due to a missing format element.
statementreply
Please revert the change made at 07:33 UTC. Someone deleted a large part of the spreadsheet.
XPJ38
Done. Just so you know, you can do it yourself under File > Show revision history, as long as you are connected to a Google account.
Nathanael
I've checked the localisation document and the English entry for acedemy was missing.
I doubt this is the only one being modified/removed.
MostDakka
Moved a bit polish translation. I'll plan to translate what's left over few next days.
XPJ38
French localisation 100% completed (I spent too many hours on this, I am exhausted). Can somebody proofread my work please? It starts from line 845 to the last one. Please add a comment when you change something so that I know you did, or PM me.
Arnold0
@XPJ
Je ne sais pas comment tourner la phrase mais pour 933 et 935 c'est pas l'espacement des notes, mais pour replacer toutes les notes en rythme après un changement de timing (Pour les replacer sur les ticks de la timeline). Je pense que c'est aussi ça pour 913/914 et c'est ça pour 906.
XPJ38
Aah d'accord, je comprends mieux. Bon, je verrai ça plus tard, je supprime en attendant. Merci !

Edit 2014-10-08: c'est fait (les 1014 et 1015 étaient aussi concernées), mais j'aurai encore besoin d'une confirmation sur la 914. J'ai des doutes sur la signification de "snapped beatmap".

Can somebody please tell me what "already snapped beatmap" means on line 914?
Topic Starter
peppy
Important new strings to translate at the bottom of the document.
SandroHc
I was woundering if it was possible to add a localization for Portuguese from Portugal (pt-PT?), as the current localization for Portuguese (pt) is Portuguese from Brazil (pt-BR?). :P
Topic Starter
peppy
Will the translations actually be different in this new version? Or did you just need an alias for it?
SandroHc
The language spoken in Portugal is slightly different from the one spoken in Brazil. For example, "Tela" would translate to "Ecrã" here in Portugal.
Also, I'm not too confident to make any changes to the current translations because of those slight differences.

PS: I'm not sure about the language codes. If using ISO 3166, Brazil would be BR while Portugal would be PT.

Edit: To clarify, the current translations are written in BR.
Topic Starter
peppy
You can add a new column and begin working on your localisation.
DJ Angel
Ironic how me, a portuguese from portugal translated 99% of the localisation and done it based on the playerbase, which is massively larger in Brazil than in Portugal.

Nevertheless, I am not sure if this is really needed, both can read the same language without any problems.

Maybe after a complete localisation is released it should be done, but at the actual state I see no reason nor need for such thing.

Anyways, as peppy said if you really think that it's truly needed, go to that column and try to translate everything. I assure you it won't be easy.
Topic Starter
peppy
The old pt was moved to br, which I'm not sure is correct (this means anyone with the old pt setting will get a new localisation). Please confirm that this is correct behaviour amongst yourselves.
DJ Angel
Well, It's exactly as I said. There will be only a few dozens of people using the pt-pt localisation due to the low playerbase in portugal (even though there are some more now than before).

We are talking about a few words that any portuguese from Portugal should be able (I'm pretty sure that yes) to understand. That's why I keep saying that this translation will be in a major part, a loss of time.

But. It's not like it was me who suggested this. I really hope that guy will keep his promisse and update the localisation that he wanted to exist. I'll maintain the br translation but can't assure the others.

peppy wrote:

The old pt was moved to br, which I'm not sure is correct (this means anyone with the old pt setting will get a new localisation). Please confirm that this is correct behaviour amongst yourselves.
That was SandroHc idea so I think it's alright. After all he says the the translation itself is Brazilian, so should be named like so.
SandroHc
As DJ Angel said, it is kind of a loss of time to keep a localization for Portugal but still, I want to take that forward.

Now, there's one thing that bothers me, the fact that every person with the current "pt" translations will be shown the new translation, even if they're from Brazil.
My idea is to check the language at the startup and, if the language equals "pt" but the system language differs, change the language to "br". This would be done in some of the next builds and removed in a future point. Would it be possible?
CookChefSteak
Me and Bitter finished the entire localisation project for Hebrew on our own(game and FAQ). Any idea when it's going to be added? Really looking forward to it (:
- Nyurin -
well this is actually an old post, I had post this in Feature Request since I forgot that localisation project has its own thread here.(The old post has been moved to Completed sub-forum now, so no worry.)

-

There are still some texts aren't translated in other languages in osu!, most of them are seen quite frequently, yet they aren't added in the translation table even now, so I wrote this post.

I've done a quick search before posting this, using "translating" as keyword and it seems like no one has posted something about this. If I missed something, please let me know.

User Panel

"Performance," "Accuracy," "Lv." The last one might not be needed to translate though, I think the first and the second could use a translation. Player's whereabouts are also a little awkward. But the current states of player can be translated, I believe.

Error Messages

Although we could tell that we've got problem when we see the red line around that notice box, if we can know more about what just happened, it might make those who don't understand English feel safer. You see, a black screen with 5-second-long lag just happened and you don't know what to do, at that moment, if osu! tells the player that "hey calm down we know things are going wrong and we will fix it" in his/her tongue instead of a notice box filled with foreign language, wouldn't it be reassuring?

Most of them are game error messages, and the another one I've noticed is the one showing up when you're trying to spectate in multiplayer mode.

Descriptions of Commands in !help

Unlike things above, this one is more... server-side, I guess. It won't affect too much if they can't be translated anyway, but still hoping for a chance to make the translation more completed. Yes, yes, I know I am picky.

Speaking of that, the description of /ignore in /help looks wrong, by the way. I am currently using Traditional Chinese version of osu!. You can see a line of English in the picture below, but it doesn't show up in the translation document, only in the game.

Toggle Scoreboard Messages

As the title. They also show up in game often, but there's no translation for them. By the way, in multiplayer, those messages are working well in any mode but Team V.S., you can toggle them but there won't be any message.

Key Bindings

osu! has a variety of key settings which provides player a huge flexibility to customize their osu! experience, but they still can't be translated in to other language, might be a little confusing for people who aren't familiar with English.

These are all of things that can't be translated I've noticed currently.

-- - Nyurin -
TicClick
you missed the point of my post; you can edit the localisation by yourself, there already exist some of items from your list
- Nyurin -

TicClick wrote:

you missed the point of my post; you can edit the localisation by yourself, there already exist some of items from your list
I am translating zh-CHT version, and it's already 100% translated in the Google document. User menu has been added recently, many thanks, but others are still not added there.

-- - Nyurin -
CookChefSteak
guys y u no add precious hebrew to the client already :/
TicClick
should've been added during the last update, as usual
CookChefSteak
bancho has a !hebrew but that's it, nothing else was added. can't select hebrew when i try to change my client language, however i can select other languages that aren't even 70% complete.. while hebrew is 100%... come1 ...
TicClick
it has something to do with t/201364
CookChefSteak
yeah i noticed other languages are missing as well. really strange..
MouseEasy
PT-BR updated
Topic Starter
peppy
I've made a large number of changes to the english base localisation. Those interested in replicating these changes across to other languages can use the following as a guide:

The general idea is to standardise all options menu entries to not use title case. In other words, only the first letter should be capital (except for special terms etc.). I also removed all prefixing verbs where not actually necessary (enable, show, etc.)

Options_Audio_Offset
Universal Audio Offset
Offset Adjustment

Options_Audio_OffsetWizard
Run Offset Wizard
Offset wizard

Options_ForceFolderPermissions
Force Folder Permissions
Repair folder permissions

Options_Graphics_Combo
Combo Bursts
Combo bursts

Options_Graphics_ResolutionBorderless
(Borderless)
(borderless)

Options_Graphics_Fire
Combo Fire
Combo fire

Options_Graphics_FpsCounter
Show FPS Counter
Show FPS counter

Options_Graphics_FrameLimiter
Frame Limiter:
Frame limiter:

Options_Graphics_Fullscreen
Fullscreen Mode
Full-screen mode

Options_Graphics_HitLighting
Hit Lighting
Hit lighting

Options_Graphics_Fullscreen_Tooltip
Tick this option to enable fullscreen mode and let osu! use the entire screen space.\nMay reduce latency if you are experiencing any.
Switches to dedicated full-screen mode. Should help decrease latency in Windows 7+.

Options_Graphics_Progress
Progress Bar Position:
Progress display:

Options_Graphics_ScreenResolution
Screen Resolution
Layout

Options_Graphics_Screenshot
Screenshot Format:
Screenshot format:

Options_Graphics_SelectLanguage
Select Language:
Select language:

Options_Graphics_SelectResolution
Select Resolution:
Resolution:

Options_Graphics_Shader
Shader Effects
Shaders

Options_Graphics_Snaking
Snaking Sliders
Snaking sliders

Options_Graphics_Softening
Softening Filter
Softening filter

Options_Graphics_Softening_Tooltip
Enables application of a softening filter. Some people like this, others hate it ;)
Adds a softening touch to visuals game-wide. Some people like this, others hate it ;)

Options_Graphics_Video
Background Video
Background video

Options_Input_KeyBindings
Key Bindings
Change keyboard bindings

Options_Input_MouseSensitivity
Mouse Sensitivity
Sensitivity

Options_Input_Tablet
Enable OS TabletPC support
OS TabletPC support

Options_Input_Wii
Enable Wiimote/TaTaCon Drum support
Wiimote/TaTaCon Drum support

Options_Online_ShowChatTicker
Show chat ticker
Chat ticker

Options_Online_ShowSpectators
Show a list of spectators during gameplay
Show spectators

Options_Online_LogPrivateMessages
Automatically log private messages
Log private messages

Options_SkinSelect
Select Skin
Current skin:

Options_Input_Joystick
Enable joystick support
Joystick support

FunSpoiler_BackgroundDim
Background Dim:
Background dim:

Option_Graphics_ShowUnicode
Prefer non-English metadata
Prefer metadata in original language

OptionsOffsetWizard_UniversalOffset
Universal Offset:
Universal offset:

Options_Input_CursorRipples
Show cursor ripples
Cursor ripples

Options_Input_RawInput
Use Raw Input
Raw input

Options_Input_RawInputPoll
Use Raw Input (Polling Rate: {0} Latency: {1})
Raw input (reports: {0}/sec latency: {1})

Options_Menu_Snow
Show snow visualisation
Snow

Options_Menu_ShowTips
Show menu tips
Menu tips

OptionsManiaBindingWizard_KeyConfig
Key Config
Key configuration

Options_ReleaseStream
Release Stream:
Release stream:

Options_ReleaseStrategy_CuttingEdge
Cutting Edge
Cutting Edge (Experimental)

Options_Editor_Video
Background Video
Background video

Options_Editor_DefaultSkin
Use default skin
Always use default skin

Options_SongSelect_Thumbnails
Show Thumbnails
Show thumbnails

Options_CursorSize
Cursor Size:
Cursor size:

Options_OpenSkinFolder
Open Skin Folder
Open current skin folder

Options_Menu_Voice
Play interface voices
Interface voices

Options_Menu_Music
Use osu! music theme
osu! music theme

Options_Menu_Music_Tooltip
osu! will play themed music throughout the game, rather than using random beatmaps.
osu! will play themed music throughout the game, instead of using random beatmaps.

Options_AutomaticCursorSizing
Automatic Cursor Sizing
Automatic cursor size

Options_Menu_Parallax
Parallax effect
Parallax
- Marco -
Umm...there are some lines in english that in my language (Italian obv) depends on the sex of the subject, hwo can i translate it?
RubPlasticJMing

peppy wrote:

Show FPS Counter
Show FPS counter
Why not delete the word 'show'?
- Marco -

Rubxiaoming wrote:

peppy wrote:

Show FPS Counter
Show FPS counter
Why not delete the word 'show'?
Because if it's removed you don't know if FPS Counter is showed or hidden
XPJ38

marcostudios wrote:

Because if it's removed you don't know if FPS Counter is showed or hidden
So you are saying you can't tell which one is showed between both options below?
(tip: the tick box is the clue)

- Marco -
Oh xD my bad.

Umm...you guys should also add https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog?v=next to the translation realated to bug reports (to know what bugs are resolved) and also inside the technical support subforum :D
- Marco -
oh, btw updated italian translation ^__^
- Marco -
Somebody removed the ça-sa, cantonese, chinese, Danish, dasdass, french, finnish, german, japanese, korean, noel, seitseid, standard original translation

show more