forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Noffy

dorothy3242 wrote:

How do I change the glow color that appears when completing a spinner? I've tried changing the spinner-glow.png color to match the rest of my skin as a test, but the glow is still the same blue color? Was spinner-glow.png for something else? Is there a different image that's related to the blue glow?

EDIT: I'm dumb, so apparently it recolors whatever I have as the spinner-glow.png to blue and flashes to the original color. Is there any way to make it not color to blue?
bump D: I still haven't found a solution besides making it totally blank, but hopefully there's another way to change the tint color?

Another problem

for some reason, the numbers and dots and commas are all anchoring at the top? This started when I went through and recolored the numbers a little. It was fine before.
ClothCurtain
I've seen some skins have different fonts on the song selection menu, how can you customize it? Same with Taiko, although I do know how that works, you get a TTF file and rename it to "Taiko". I'm assuming that's how it also works, although I want to know what do I need to name it. If I'm wrong, please do correct me.
dws123

dorothy3242 wrote:

Another problem

for some reason, the numbers and dots and commas are all anchoring at the top? This started when I went through and recolored the numbers a little. It was fine before.
I think that's actually default
that's why the comma .png file has that space above it
Noffy

dws123 wrote:

dorothy3242 wrote:

Another problem

I've gotten it fixed now, thanks!
Now to wait for the epiphany where I figure out how to change spinner glow tint
reilst
どなたかosumaniaのSpeed set変更時の効果音のファイル名知りませんか?
Please tell me the sound file name of the speed-setting of osu!mania
Translated by Google Translate
Haskorion

dorothy3242 wrote:

dws123 wrote:

I've gotten it fixed now, thanks!
Now to wait for the epiphany where I figure out how to change spinner glow tint
Some small corrections. That is still not default. default-comma/dot/x/percent are leftovers from very early skins. At that time they used the same prefix for the hitcircle numbers and score numbers but that was changed to default being split into default for hitcircles and score for score and other numbers.
Next point: All score numbers are anchored at the top and your previous comma image probably had cut off the empty top part resulting in being smaller in height (e.g. 15x20px instead of 15x50).

To your long awaited answer regarding spinner-glow: You can't. It will always be tinted blue. No options for that.
manjumochi

ReddScorn wrote:

To your long awaited answer regarding spinner-glow: You can't. It will always be tinted blue. No options for that.
Unfortunately, I'd like to have a option to disable tint in skin.ini or, at least, can change color or type of tint (in future versions). For now, this limits a lot creation of new skins, imo.
Noffy

ReddScorn wrote:

What a shame, it would've been nice if it was changeable so it could match custom spinners better. Thanks for telling me though! Even though it's sad I can't change it, I'm glad I finally know for sure that I can't. For future reference, do you know how it's tinted? Subtraction, division, overlay, etc.? Knowing would make it easier to have custom spinner glows that act the way I hope for...

manjumochi wrote:

Unfortunately, I'd like to have a option to disable tint in skin.ini or, at least, can change color or type of tint (in future versions). For now, this limits a lot creation of new skins, imo.

I think this would be a great feature since the current set up of being always tinted blue kind of limits options of making it match the color scheme of the rest of the skin and discourages custom new style spinners. Something like
SpinnerGlowTint: 0/1 or SpinnerGlowTint: 255,255,0 maybe would be a nice addition.
OsuMe65
I bet you should try to request that @ 4
manjumochi

dorothy3242 wrote:

I think this would be a great feature since the current set up of being always tinted blue kind of limits options of making it match the color scheme of the rest of the skin and discourages custom new style spinners. Something like
SpinnerGlowTint: 0/1 or SpinnerGlowTint: 255,255,0 maybe would be a nice addition.
Not only on spinners, but there are on warning arrows too. And other elements too.

OsuMe65 wrote:

I bet you should try to request that @ 4
Nice idea.
IA42
Hi everyone sorry if i'm bothering you but i just wanna know something
SPOILER
Can i change this thing?
SPOILER
Can i change "Chart" Background?
SPOILER
What name of this element?
SPOILER
How to move "Unranked" thing to the under score like this skin?
Just only that's sorry for bad english and thank you :D
OsuMe65
1. No
2. No, i bet
3. selection-mod-target.png
4. He used a wide image width and standard height for that image.
IA42

OsuMe65 wrote:

He used a wide image width and standard height for that image.
oh i see, Thank you~ :D
auraX
Guys , i need a little bit of help with the combobreak sound. I made a thread about it and they redirected me to this thread. So I recorded a 1 second sound which i want to use as a combobreak sound in my osu skin , but i can't seem to make it work. I named it combobreak.wav(the same name my last combobreak sound was which worked, i also tried combobreak.mp3 since i saw in some other threads they had their combobreak sounds with an mp3 format) but it wouldn't work , the file is also smaller than the one that i used before. It's 218 kb. Does anyone have any idea why it might not be working ?
Haskorion
Well, it never works on small combo chains. Build up some larger combo chains like 30+ and after that it should be played. Otherwise you made it very quiet so it hardly gets noticed during play.
auraX
When i open the file it's as loud as my previous one , and i test it after breaking a 60-70 combo just in case.
OsuMe65

ReddScorn wrote:

Well, it never works on small combo chains. Build up some larger combo chains like 30+ and after that it should be played. Otherwise you made it very quiet so it hardly gets noticed during play.
It's 21+ combo. 30+ will do too. But if you missed the 21st circle, then it (combobreak.wav) won't trigger
auraX
Well as i said i just did like 70+combo and then stopped doing anything , that should definatelly trigger it if it worked.
OsuMe65
Well, that's odd... Can you post the audio material you'd used so that we can try our best to fix that?
auraX
There it is https://www.mediafire.com/?4r6alxaxvxb81l3 . I recorded it with mirillis action if it matters. Now that i listened to it again it isn't as loud as my previous one but it should be loud enough for me to hear it if it works.
deadbeat
can someone quickly provide a list of the file names for the version 2 spinner set?
Chaoslitz

deadbeat wrote:

can someone quickly provide a list of the file names for the version 2 spinner set?
  1. spinner-approachcircle
  2. spinner-bottom
  3. spinner-middle (spinner-middle2)
  4. spinner-top
  5. spinner-glow
  6. spinner-spin
  7. spinner-osu
  8. spinner-clear
  9. spinner-rpm
Should be like that :33
deadbeat
thanks <3
also what are the 3 cursor files. cursor, cursortrail and cursormiddle?
Chaoslitz

deadbeat wrote:

thanks <3
also what are the 3 cursor files. cursor, cursortrail and cursormiddle?

yup, like this

deadbeat
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning#Skin_Sets any issue with this new list so far
-mania is missing i know
-some elements such as followpoint are missing as well. dunno how to organize some things :<
Chaoslitz

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning#Skin_Sets any issue with this new list so far
-mania is missing i know
-some elements such as followpoint are missing as well. dunno how to organize some things :<
you missed seletion-mod-cinema :3
I dont know if you are going to put target mod as well?

I think I can help but... um :/
so I will check it if I have time
deadbeat
aha. thank you. i'll get those 2 added now :3
but yeah, feel free to edit that list as you see needed
Chaoslitz
How can I edit the page o.o?
Or just find you :3?
deadbeat
you need to log into to the wiki first, then you can edit, but i don't mind doing the edits :3
Yunzu_old
someone should add the sounds to the wiki too :)
rvreq
Hi. I've a problem with skinning. Anyone knows, how to remove or paint this?

I removed a normal catching effect by setting [Colours] to 0,0,0 in my skin.ini. Any ideas about bananas one? Is it possible to change?
Sorry about weak language.
OsuMe65
Iirc, you can't
Deimos
#1: dim to 100%

#2: change the combo colors in your skin.ini all to black (0,0,0)

#3: replace your fruit-bananas.png fruit-grapes.png fruit-orange.png fruit-pear.png and fruit-apple.png with a blanket transparent image

#4: recolor the overlays of the fruits

#5: the fruit-drop.png will be invisible, 'cause black colored fruit-drop on a black background

If you can life with it, go for it.
Haskorion

Deimos wrote:

#3: replace your fruit-bananas.png fruit-grapes.png fruit-orange.png fruit-pear.png and fruit-apple.png with a blanket transparent image

#5: the fruit-drop.png will be invisible, 'cause black colored fruit-drop on a black background

none of that will solve it. That fruit light can't be disabled and bananas are always yellow on any skin.

auraX wrote:

There it is https://www.mediafire.com/?4r6alxaxvxb81l3 . I recorded it with mirillis action if it matters. Now that i listened to it again it isn't as loud as my previous one but it should be loud enough for me to hear it if it works.
It's too quiet:

Should normally be something like this:
Deimos
Oh, I overlooked the text below his image ...
rvreq
Ok. Thank you all anyway. ;_;
deadbeat

Yunzu wrote:

someone should add the sounds to the wiki too :)
i plan on having ALL skinnable files up there, so yes. hitsound files will be included at some point
Vanilla
How can i delete scorebar-ki , -kidanger, -kidanger2? when i put 1x1 px transparent there is still white glowing ball ;~~; help
DeletedUser_4041880

DDashiEE wrote:

How can i delete scorebar-ki , -kidanger, -kidanger2? when i put 1x1 px transparent there is still white glowing ball ;~~; help
Did you accidently save them as .jpg instead of .png or named them wrong?
auraX

ReddScorn wrote:

Deimos wrote:

none of that will solve it. That fruit light can't be disabled and bananas are always yellow on any skin.

auraX wrote:

It's too quiet:

Should normally be something like this:
I see , thank you.
show more