posted
Total Posts
show more
Digedy
Oh cool :o it's basically Donkey Konga then ? :P
LuigiHann

Digedy wrote:

Oh cool :o it's basically Donkey Konga then ? :P
In this form, yeah, they're pretty similar. Donkey Konga and Taiko Drum Master were made by the same team at Namco Bandai.
Digedy
Ah cool :D i'l download it right away then , love donkey konga :p It's what got me into trying rythm games in the first place.
Axel
Oh the first game that got me into Rhythm games was Dance Dance Revolution 3RD MIX when i was 4 years old :D :D
Asher005
Thats pretty fun...
BlazeReap
Yeah...This may seem odd but is there any way to have a USB Game controller like a SNES one able to play Taiko, I'm just trying new things out. Thank you for reading :)
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
BlazeReap
Indeed
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mattyu007
Play > Special > Taiko

Comeon, seriously
Yoshi348
Guess this topic could stand more attention what with the score reset and all!

I must say it's interesting to be in on the ground floor for all the jockeying for score position. One thing I've noticed is that this mode is a lot lower score and less combo oriented that the other modes. In particular, you NEED to hit the big notes with both keys to stand a chance at a good score; if you don't, you can easily get beaten by someone with half your combo.
Zekira
If this wants attention, then I suggest the first post needs an update.
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

If this wants attention, then I suggest the first post needs an update.
ShaggoN
Faires_old
whu Thanks for the Refresh :3
I just LOVE Taiko Mode <33
rocketnine
Anyone know if the Taiko Drum Master PS2 controller works well with Osu! in Taiko mode? I have a PS2->PC cable and was hoping to hear if anyone had some success.

Do a lot of Taiko players just use electronic drum kits to play, or is there some other controller that I could use?
Zekira
AFAIK that could work but you need to bind it to your normal keys afaik -- only the Wii TaTaCon has full support on osu! as far as I know.
Propeller_Cap
I'm having a very frustrating time hitting the notes. For some reason, this version of Taiko is much, much stricter with note accuracy than the original games... :shock:

If I miss even one note, it is likely for me to mess up the entire song. Which is strange, considering the fact that I can pass most songs on the original games AND Owatatsujin. :x

On the bright side, though, now I'm able to play songs that I've never played before, specifically the PS2/PSP version songs, and AC 13. :lol:

I gotta get used to Osu Taiko's physics... :P
Yingwu
MMzz

Propeller_Cap wrote:

I'm having a very frustrating time hitting the notes. For some reason, this version of Taiko is much, much stricter with note accuracy than the original games... :shock:

If I miss even one note, it is likely for me to mess up the entire song. Which is strange, considering the fact that I can pass most songs on the original games AND Owatatsujin. :x

On the bright side, though, now I'm able to play songs that I've never played before, specifically the PS2/PSP version songs, and AC 13. :lol:

I gotta get used to Osu Taiko's physics... :P
Take into mind that the chart or scroll the notes appear on it shorter on osu!Taiko then the original Taiko no tatsujin.
Making everything a tad faster.

Adn Noxie to answer your question:
That bar will only show your osu! stats, I don't know if there are any future plans to change it.
You can always suggest it though in the future request area.
Hanyuu
i like to play the taiko mode but i am a beginner. can you tell me some beatmaps to start training ?
Hanyuu

Hanyuu wrote:

i like to play the taiko mode but i am a beginner. can you tell me some beatmaps to start training ?
hello?
MMzz

Hanyuu wrote:

Hanyuu wrote:

hello?
Taiko Songs can be found here.
Most of them are from Futsuu to Oni in difficulty.
Zekira
Also, this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23041 Taiko Beginner Manual by the Taiko Beginner Team. Give it a try since I highly recommend it...

...except for dddkkkdddkkkddd D:
MMzz
Hanyuu
wow thx :D
Hanyuu
i need tipps for the spinner
Zekira

Hanyuu wrote:

i need tipps for the spinner
Uh, red-blue-red-blue-etc. ?

Shouldn't be that hard, though many new guys do tend to just mash stuff on the spinner.
arien666

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Zekira wrote:

Also, this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23041 Taiko Beginner Manual by the Taiko Beginner Team. Give it a try since I highly recommend it...

...except for dddkkkdddkkkddd D:
B-b-but, I like those ones D:!
better than dkkdkkdkkd
dkkdkkd K dkkdkkd K
I thought a song orz...
Zekira
I honestly can tolerate dkkdkkdkkdkkd a lot more... lol.
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

I honestly can tolerate dkkdkkdkkdkkd a lot more... lol.
d
k
ddk
d ddk d ddk ddk can't remember the rest.

But arn't you tierd of that?
Shiro
For those of you who play on a keyboard, what is your key configuration ? I have a very hard time passing fast parts with red-red-red-blue-blue etc things.

Mine is :
Blue left : r
Blue rught : u
Red left : t
Red right : y
Brass the Hedgehog
LShift/Z/X/C. Two first buttons are for teh lul, because of mouse. <3
MMzz

Odaril wrote:

For those of you who play on a keyboard, what is your key configuration ? I have a very hard time passing fast parts with red-red-red-blue-blue etc things.

Mine is :
You might want to try a spread when your hands are farther apart, this is very comfortable for ME and most players.

I use

sd ;'

Don left = D
Don Right = :
Ka Left: S
Ka Right: "

I'm useing an american keyboard so the key setups may be diffrent. ^^
Nexus Reaper

Odaril wrote:

Mine is :
I use:
Blue left: C
Red Left: V
Red Right: B
Blue Right: N

I use a laptop though so maybe that's why I feel the most comfortable playing with those keys. Have fun!
Nekoroll
D: I use DF and JK since it's also what I use for Stepmania. The small bumps on my F and J key probably subconsciously help me with pressing the right keys on faster songs.
Zekira

MittenMasterzz wrote:

You might want to try a spread when your hands are farther apart, this is very comfortable for ME and most players.
Agreed. Actually even on osu!standard, my z/x keys are actually 2 keys apart.
My Taiko keys are:

Don Left = d
Katsu Left = a
Don Right = Numpad4
Katsu Right = Numpad6
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Agreed. Actually even on osu!standard, my z/x keys are actually 2 keys apart.
My Taiko keys are:

Don Left = d
Katsu Left = a
Don Right = Numpad4
Katsu Right = Numpad6
Rofl outrageously far spread
Xanek
heres mine

Zekira

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Rofl outrageously far spread
My arms hate each other