forum

osu!mania World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tokiiwa
Is there any other way to watch the muted blocks from the recordings?
Vish024
Fully expected no Australian team to be present but it's great to see that people have come together and formed a squad for us. Fucking spot on fellas.

Good luck to everyone in the tournament.
Kishidle

Tokiiwa wrote:

Is there any other way to watch the muted blocks from the recordings?
There's a way to unmute owo
- Ai -_old
Good Luck :D
Fenek Alfa
GG Canada, that was very exciting

also lol https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cromi3zsfz1c ... 144851.png (img tag doesn't work with dropbox)
Kamikaze
Vs. Canada, the best match ever, big thanks for it guys <3
Topic Starter
Loctav
I am rescuing all past broadcasts already ;_;
shARPII
That was definitely a great day. I guess it's a same for Color or Ono but we really enjoyed streaming/commentating with a lot of good matches.
We're ready for tomorrow, hope everyone will be too :)

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Vs. Canada, the best match ever, big thanks for it guys <3
huehue, dunno if you've already checked vods of your matches but it was fun for us ^^
Tomorrow, you're facing France team, beware! D: :3
Kamikaze

shARPII wrote:

huehue, dunno if you've already checked vods of your matches but it was fun for us ^^
Tomorrow, you're facing France team, beware! D: :3
Yeah, I didn't know that we were 5 seconds form losing 4:2 D:
Looking forward to match with France, do your best, we're not giving anything away ;P
jasian
Why does USA take a map win even though SK's players won by points. Yes one of the SK player was accidentally on USA's team but he's still playing for SK, not USA... Seems pretty ridiculous to me.
Marcin
SK player didn't really exist, it was a bug with results, you can see that his result is the same as in previous map.
Kamikaze
So far we're experts of combacks rofl. Great match France, warmup chatting was too good :D
Loctav confirmed potato
shARPII
Yeah congratulations to all teams and good luck for those who're going to round 16 in 2 weeks o/
It was a really good week, I hope commentators will enjoy the next week too (because I won't be there, sadly)!
It's time for some 7K group stages now :)
Pew_old_1

-Kamikaze- wrote:

So far we're experts of combacks rofl. Great match France, warmup chatting was too good :D
Loctav confirmed potato
Best warm up map choice ever.
lim38

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Loctav confirmed potato
Thanks !! GG for you too it was closed :D
Yeah it was a good chatting for the warmup ^^
ExVeemon
Well, against South Korea, it was quite the battle. We got lucky once when Fal3c somehow dc'ed. -A-' Either way, we owned Indonesia and USA. Though to be honest, I feel kinda bad for USA... :/ I'm serious about that, the song we picked last kinda made me feel bad for them xD

We need harder 4K mappools (map pools? Whatever.)... Hopefully it'll be harder during Round 16 and above. Seriously, I'd like some 4.5+ star maps pls.

Dat double SS from me and XYZ though...
DJKero
I'm always late, wtf Argentina no 7K Team?

That's awkward.

Not saying that we could win the cup but, at least we could be in.

Welp...

No one warned me about this... Too sad I'm too late.
Tokiiwa
rip team ph 7k
Lirai
4K Round 16 mappools

My map plz owo

*Runs
Lokovodo
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/190233 this map [SC] for 4key grand finals please.
AerialDragon
does anyone know how to watch a match that is already over? because i missed a match..
Fullerene-

Lokovodo wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/190233 this map [SC] for 4key grand finals please.
it's too easy
zKskita
rip in piece

Kamikaze

zKskita wrote:

rip in piece

[*]
Tornspirit

-Kamikaze- wrote:

zKskita wrote:

rip in piece

[*]
No intervention hitmarker sound 0/10 kami wtf i thought you were better than this.

----

rip in piece australia
Kamikaze

Tornspirit wrote:

No intervention hitmarker sound 0/10 kami wtf i thought you were better than this.

----

rip in piece australia
onehundred1

Tokiiwa wrote:

rip team ph 7k
I am a happy butterfly
juankristal

R.I.P Us
_Kemo
God damn, China will meet Korea in the quater finals. If the Round of 16 stages are not Knock Out stages, China has high possibility to beat other teams except Korea and win the second place. Spro and zfloveys are all LR2 Kaidens, and Fate yakumo and also zfloveys are top chinese o2jam players as well. Not to mention innocentfake and he's gonna be back.

I believe the match group division is not completely random and should be redone, or I suggest there should be revival stages. Otherwise it not fair.
Kamikaze
But that's how tournaments work basically. Some times drawings are unfair and thee's nothing to be done about it, at least we'll have exciting match soon :P
Nwolf
Must suck to be you

aka try harder, beat Korea.
Ayaya

Kemo wrote:

God damn, China will meet Korea in the quater finals. If the Round of 16 stages are not Knock Out stages, China has high possibility to beat other teams except Korea and win the second place. Spro and zfloveys are all LR2 Kaidens, and Fate yakumo and also zfloveys are top chinese o2jam players as well. Not to mention innocentfake and he's gonna be back.

I believe the match group division is not completely random and should be redone, or I suggest there should be revival stages. Otherwise it not fair.
Round 16 are Knock Out stages also I think the matches aren't random because if you compare the 4k and 7k match picture (the grid) if you look at where the team are placed, they are on the opposite side except for 3 teams (Indonesia, South Korea, and Russia). So almost all of the same teams are on the same side (4K and 7k: Japan, USA, Australia, and UK on one side, etc)...The only reason for why it's not all the same teams on one side is because not every country made 2 teams for 4k and 7k. I don't know how I saw this but I just did when I first looked at the grid when they posted it xD

Kinda didn't word this right but you might get what I mean.

:)
Nwolf
You know that the placing in Ro16 depends on how the team placed in their group in group stage?
Ayaya

Nwolf wrote:

You know that the placing in Ro16 depends on how the team placed in their group in group stage?
Just saying/asking, how do you know and where is the proof? How do you explain most of the teams together being on the same side even though during the group stage there are are different teams per group for 4k and 7k since that was random also it can't be the statistic because that still wouldn't explain the teams being on the same side. Coincidence?
Frustration

Ayaya wrote:

Just saying/asking, how do you know and where is the proof? How do you explain most of the teams together being on the same side even though during the group stage there are are different teams per group for 4k and 7k since that was random also it can't be the statistic because that still wouldn't explain the teams being on the same side. Coincidence?
Honestly, it isn't that hard to see the placement pattern with the teams seeding from the group stage, and I don't know exactly what you are seeing there, but anything about teams being on the same side is explained with their places in the group stage and how the groups were sorted.
Nwolf
A1 vs. D4
C2 vs. B3
B2 vs. C3
D1 vs. A4

C1 vs. B4
A2 vs. D3
D2 vs. A3
B1 vs. C1

Like I said, deal with it, play better.
Ayaya

Nwolf wrote:

A1 vs. D4
C2 vs. B3
B2 vs. C3
D1 vs. A4

C1 vs. B4
A2 vs. D3
D2 vs. A3
B1 vs. C1

Like I said, deal with it, play better.
I wasn't complaining or anything, I was just stating what I saw and thought. Never said it was unfair, why you so butt hurt :/
Topic Starter
Loctav

Nwolf wrote:

A1 vs. D4
C2 vs. B3
B2 vs. C3
D1 vs. A4

C1 vs. B4
A2 vs. D3
D2 vs. A3
B1 vs. C4
That's exactly how I did it *claps* :D
Kamikaze
Mystery solved, let's move along o/
_Kemo
I apologize if my wordings seemed a little bit rude or arbitrary. I didn't know how you did it so I made my guess. Now it seems that IT IS randomly distributed so I have no more to say. That's fair enough. It's only bad luck for us.

Yeah I admit that I was complaining, but because I myself alone led almost all the propogating and player-gathering stuff of MWC in China, a lot of work indeed , hoping that we can get our best players and have the best result. And yet the highly possible result of being kicked out at the quarter finals is a really frustrating one.

I am not saying that we are not good enough, neither are we not confident in ourselves, it's just that Korea are too strong to be defeated, with 3 overjoy players and one of the top 10 o2jam players.

I still hope there would be a revival stage, although it's nearly impossible.

But anyway we will try our best.
show more