forum

[added] Osu Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +987
show more
Kritzkingvoid
Would like to see some pink switches
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
@destiny_HC
Yuunee

jesus1412 wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Not trying to be the devils advocate here, but what happens if one of the switches breaks?
Easily replaceable with some spare switches in the pack? IE a plate with space for say, 8 keys, 4 keys or 2keys (mania and taiko buddies yo). It'd be nice if it shipped with say 4 of each switch time or something?
Yeah, fully support jesus1412 and thread.
osu! keyboard should be for all gamemodes and not only for standard gameplay.
Fenek Alfa
It probably won't go through for reasons mentioned by AnotherEpicName, but if it will go through, then I reccomend asking around on /r/MechanicalKeyboards, because there's quite a few of guys that made custom keyboards already and know the drills.

Kritzkingvoid wrote:

Would like to see some pink switches
Pink is red + white, right? MX Red is a 45g linear, and MX White is apparently an old name for MX Green so 80g clicky. So something in-between would be a tactile 55g... which is MX Clear. :D
Topic Starter
Dundy
Alright maybe not a two button keyboard, but at least a keyboard that functions just for osu. Like buttons that are already binded and stuff Idk. It doesn't have to be exactly two buttons, just something that I can buy so I don't rape every single button of my keyboard. LOL
MirinH
I alredy seen it on chinese bbs, and it alredy started to sell on taobao link:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... s=1#detail
Oinari-sama

- D a s z x - wrote:

Omg I want that xD

Is that ¥750.00 meant for RMB or Japanese yen?
Period

- D a s z x - wrote:

I would throw money at this if someone in the US started selling these. I'd buy 10.
MirinH

Oinari-sama wrote:

- D a s z x - wrote:

Omg I want that xD

Is that ¥750.00 meant for RMB or Japanese yen?
lol it was out of stock, it will in stock like july 5th, it will be 75 rmb when its in stock
peppy
this needs to be distributed on the osu!store or something. can I get a test unit sent to me? (will cover costs)
MirinH

peppy wrote:

this needs to be distributed on the osu!store or something. can I get a test unit sent to me? (will cover costs)
I do like to help but I'm not the seller
uzzi

- D a s z x - wrote:

peppy wrote:

I do like to help but I'm not the seller
I believe peppy is asking for you to buy one and send it to him. He'll cover the costs for that.
xasuma
That looks really cool. But am i wrong or 750 rmb are about $120 usd ? If so that is quite a lot.
Kaeru
Yup, that price is definitely $120 USD. I have no idea why it's so expensive.. you can get a full mechanical keyboard for cheaper. I'm curious about this also, so I'll try and see if I can find another company that manufactures these things.
MirinH

Kaeru wrote:

Yup, that price is definitely $120 USD. I have no idea why it's so expensive.. you can get a full mechanical keyboard for cheaper. I'm curious about this also, so I'll try and see if I can find another company that manufactures these things.
They said its out of stock, the price will be changed back to 75 when it's in stock
xasuma

- D a s z x - wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

They said its out of stock, the price will be changed back to 75 when it's in stock
Oh. That's actually really good then.! Sign me up! I'm looking forward to trying one out. If someone does get one, please make a review on it.
peppy
I was actually asking if you could get me in contact with the seller so I can see how we can make this happen at larger scale :D.
Oinari-sama

- D a s z x - wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

That's an interesting way of locking thread lol (unless some tuhao's willing to pay 750RMB for it)
xiao ming
In china,such keyboard has been made for about 3 years(maybe 4 years?I really do not remember it).And the technology and the material to make such keyboard was open freely to everyone by the first maker .So everyone can make it by himself.In fact,some player exactly do it in a small scale.
The keyboard mentioned above is one of them.
Kagamine Rin
I have known that at least 3 people in China are working on this project.
We call it "Chu pan".
In fact ,the price of this one (item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=38310384006) is about ¥70.
Here are the posts of this project.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2895874045
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2904779393

And destiny_HC also designed one and this keyboard was firstly put into actual production.
Here is the link. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1097991831
Konge
An image :)

Lovely keyboards,I want one,too. :D
Legxis
Some thoughts if this is to be done officially:

different switches:
Will there be different versions, or a bigger version with rows of all switches, or a pack with included switches (and a guide on how to solder, hue), or all of these?

other modes:
Will they be ignored and only 2-key-pads be made? Or maybe at least 4 keys, so you can play CtB, 4k and Taiko on it and buy a second one if you want to play 8k?

difficulties:
- They have to have a good standing on the table, if they're unstable it would be horrible
- The price still has to be acceptable of course. If it comes closer to a full keyboard, then the pad has to have it's own merits (besides being transportable)

I'd buy around 1-3 depending on what it ends up as and on the top of my head I can think of one or two more people who might be interested. Please do not give up on making something like this!
shimushi
hmm i think there are still cheap numpads already *..* but yeah if the effort is money and time worth ... why not *..*
shavit
supporting in my heart
honestly i can make a cool design for it
wait

multi mode keyboard tada

it looks like shit but can be re-designed to be very amazing

it should have NKRO enabled and switches of choice
Filthy Casual
I would buy the fuck out of this.
Legxis

Comet wrote:

supporting in my heart
honestly i can make a cool design for it
wait

multi mode keyboard tada

it looks like shit but can be re-designed to be very amazing

it should have NKRO enabled and switches of choice
wut, you don't need that many keys for all modes, you can play Taiko, CtB and standard on the mania buttons too.

Legxis wrote:

Like:

samlinvc wrote:

Legxis wrote:

Like:
I don't even. Don't add extra keys that are unnecessary. Standard people can use two keys in the rows above without trouble. Even my layout has one unnecessary key, since just eight would be enough, but then you'd have to click the former-space-key in 7k with a different finger and it would probably mess everything up.
Full Tablet

Legxis wrote:

I don't even. Don't add extra keys that are unnecessary. Standard people can use two keys in the rows above without trouble. Even my layout has one unnecessary key, since just eight would be enough, but then you'd have to click the former-space-key in 7k with a different finger and it would probably mess everything up.
What about players that use both of their thumbs?
shavit

Full Tablet wrote:

Legxis wrote:

What about players that use both of their thumbs?
if the second key is long (like a spacebar) it'd be possible to be used with both thumbs.
ConanCloud
I am for a osu keyboard, but the keyboard have to be useful in all gamemodes and it should be use for all players. Specially in ctb are some 1-hand-player like me :D
Kritzkingvoid

Full Tablet wrote:

Legxis wrote:

Why not just make it look like a standard gaming keyboard, So that we can use the osu! Keyboard for other games
xasuma

Kritzkingvoid wrote:

Why not just make it look like a standard gaming keyboard, So that we can use the osu! Keyboard for other games
I think then it would lose its principal of "osu keyboard" and defeat its purpose. You'd probably want a regular keyboard which you can use on anything ^^
Kyroh
Would be interesting to see. I'd buy it :) Although idk if it'd be very profitable
Topic Starter
Dundy
Cool. Never thought this post would be a big deal. Thanks senpais for noticing me. :D
Fenek Alfa
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/# ... d57b61662e

I think it would be best to just make the 4k's in this layout, with both left and right-handed versions, and if somebody wanted to play 8k then they'd just buy one of each.
I Give Up
I hope these things would come with a lead weight or quality feet because this thing looks like it could slide around during jump circles. Especially with the way some of us osu players play (button mash like a mad man).
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
seems cool!! :)
Gumpy
Can't you just make this yourself if you have enough time?
xasuma

Gumpyyy wrote:

Can't you just make this yourself if you have enough time?
Most people don't have the knowledge/guts. :)
show more