forum

[added] Osu Keyboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +987
Topic Starter
Dundy
It would be really nice if you guys created a "Two Button Keyboard" for Osu players. Maybe make the two buttons have cherry mx switches and then you guys can give a option of what kind of cherry mx switch "keyboard" you want. I just want something like this because I use a laptop keyboard and I am destroying my ZX, AS, and QW keys. I plan to buy a mechanical keyboard but most of them cost over 70. Instead of buying a whole mechanical keyboard, it would be nice to buy a "Two Button Keyboard" from the Osu Store for like maybe 10-30 dollars.
ruikoH
YESSS But I think I would prefer brown tho. I actually tried to find something like this online... :3
deletemyaccount
Not trying to be the devils advocate here, but what happens if one of the switches breaks?
Yukiteru Amano

Philantropist wrote:

Not trying to be the devils advocate here, but what happens if one of the switches breaks?
Making them easy to replace could be a solution :3? Like some nice easy way to easily just replace it like *poof* ^^
Oinari-sama
I wonder if there's manufacturer mad enough to use 4 or more switch types on a single numpad (eg 1 type per row) lol

Would be awesome if it can be sourced in batch
jesse1412

Philantropist wrote:

Easily replaceable with some spare switches in the pack? IE a plate with space for say, 8 keys, 4 keys or 2keys (mania and taiko buddies yo). It'd be nice if it shipped with say 4 of each switch time or something?
AnotherEpicName
The time and money it would cost to develop such a custom keyboard+drivers are probably not worth it since most people that play will still use a normal keyboard.
So from a business standpoint I don't really see this happening.
ziogio

aznphil56 wrote:

It would be really nice if you guys created a "Two Button Keyboard" for Osu players. Maybe make the two buttons have cherry mx switches and then you guys can give a option of what kind of cherry mx switch "keyboard" you want. I just want something like this because I use a laptop keyboard and I am destroying my ZX, AS, and QW keys. I plan to buy a mechanical keyboard but most of them cost over 70. Instead of buying a whole mechanical keyboard, it would be nice to buy a "Two Button Keyboard" from the Osu Store for like maybe 10-30 dollars.
Well I think we will never see a thing like this in the store. Anyway, some osu! player has this "two button" keyboard. You can buy some things (i don't know what ahahah) and make them by yourself.
Kritzkingvoid
Would like to see some pink switches
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
@destiny_HC
Yuunee

jesus1412 wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Easily replaceable with some spare switches in the pack? IE a plate with space for say, 8 keys, 4 keys or 2keys (mania and taiko buddies yo). It'd be nice if it shipped with say 4 of each switch time or something?
Yeah, fully support jesus1412 and thread.
osu! keyboard should be for all gamemodes and not only for standard gameplay.
Fenek Alfa
It probably won't go through for reasons mentioned by AnotherEpicName, but if it will go through, then I reccomend asking around on /r/MechanicalKeyboards, because there's quite a few of guys that made custom keyboards already and know the drills.

Kritzkingvoid wrote:

Would like to see some pink switches
Pink is red + white, right? MX Red is a 45g linear, and MX White is apparently an old name for MX Green so 80g clicky. So something in-between would be a tactile 55g... which is MX Clear. :D
Topic Starter
Dundy
Alright maybe not a two button keyboard, but at least a keyboard that functions just for osu. Like buttons that are already binded and stuff Idk. It doesn't have to be exactly two buttons, just something that I can buy so I don't rape every single button of my keyboard. LOL
MirinH
I alredy seen it on chinese bbs, and it alredy started to sell on taobao link:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... s=1#detail
Oinari-sama

- D a s z x - wrote:

Omg I want that xD

Is that ¥750.00 meant for RMB or Japanese yen?
Period

- D a s z x - wrote:

I would throw money at this if someone in the US started selling these. I'd buy 10.
MirinH

Oinari-sama wrote:

- D a s z x - wrote:

Omg I want that xD

Is that ¥750.00 meant for RMB or Japanese yen?
lol it was out of stock, it will in stock like july 5th, it will be 75 rmb when its in stock
peppy
this needs to be distributed on the osu!store or something. can I get a test unit sent to me? (will cover costs)
MirinH

peppy wrote:

this needs to be distributed on the osu!store or something. can I get a test unit sent to me? (will cover costs)
I do like to help but I'm not the seller
uzzi

- D a s z x - wrote:

peppy wrote:

I do like to help but I'm not the seller
I believe peppy is asking for you to buy one and send it to him. He'll cover the costs for that.
xasuma
That looks really cool. But am i wrong or 750 rmb are about $120 usd ? If so that is quite a lot.
Kaeru
Yup, that price is definitely $120 USD. I have no idea why it's so expensive.. you can get a full mechanical keyboard for cheaper. I'm curious about this also, so I'll try and see if I can find another company that manufactures these things.
MirinH

Kaeru wrote:

Yup, that price is definitely $120 USD. I have no idea why it's so expensive.. you can get a full mechanical keyboard for cheaper. I'm curious about this also, so I'll try and see if I can find another company that manufactures these things.
They said its out of stock, the price will be changed back to 75 when it's in stock
xasuma

- D a s z x - wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

They said its out of stock, the price will be changed back to 75 when it's in stock
Oh. That's actually really good then.! Sign me up! I'm looking forward to trying one out. If someone does get one, please make a review on it.
peppy
I was actually asking if you could get me in contact with the seller so I can see how we can make this happen at larger scale :D.
Oinari-sama

- D a s z x - wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

That's an interesting way of locking thread lol (unless some tuhao's willing to pay 750RMB for it)
show more