forum

[duplicate] Host rotate option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
materiauser
Just a room option that automatically rotates the host.

Would be best imo if it automatically rotated to whoever has been host the least but a simple downward or upward rotation works too.
TCLCNiche
I see no real reason this needs to be a feature, simply title a lobby 'Host Rotation', people aren't idiots, and aside from perhaps the occasional troll will happily pass the host down after each map.
Kaeru
I would prefer a system where the room creator can take host back anytime they wish. This way, if host is passed to a person that is incompetent or away, the room creator can just take it back and pass it to someone else.

Even if the room creator leaves (disconnects for example), when they come back they should be able to become the host again as long as they return within a certain period of time.
Oinari-sama
Duplicate of t/124162

t/124407 may also interest you though slightly different.
NeVMiku
This wouldn't work.

1st). AFKs.

That's it.

You know when people are AFK and someone "accidentally" give that person the host? No map change, no game start, no nothing.
Of course you could do a "time limit" to rotate the host if he/she doesn't click "change map" button but why would you add two features at the same time when you can just name your room "Host Rotation"? Even then, the room "Host Rotation" will still suffer from the AFK problem.

I'd suggest an option to show if someone is AFK or not rather than this.

Also, what Kaeru said.