forum

[Multiplayer] Jukebox song select

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +216
Topic Starter
happy30
Currently only the host is able to change the beatmap. If the other players want to play something they have to ask the Host to give them the host temporary or ask the host to put the map they want.

This can be automated in a similar way a jukebox works. Upon creating a multiplayer room you can choose to use this feature.

There will be around 8 map slots listed from 1 to 8 and every player in the room can select a song (if they want to.) When they have chosen the song it will be added in this queue. You can only choose 1 song and you have to wait till the room has played it to add another song in the jukebox. The host should be able to skip the song, in case the map can't be obtained by others (not submitted).

With this feature playing MP will also get a lot faster because users can now check the upcoming maps and DL the maps beforehand.
Oinari-sama
Interesting idea!

But the players should be allowed to change their suggestions anytime instead of having it stuck in the juke box. Once the host has chosen a suggestion, the players will be brought back to the room and offered to download. Once back to this screen, the players are free to visit the song selection screen again until the host start/force start. This should give people something to do while waiting for download to finish.

I don't know how much work will be required to implement this though... sounds like a lot of extra triggers
Kuro
Hmmm, I like it...
This will eliminate the need of having a host which will solve many problems like:
  1. The current host won't pass host to anyone else
  2. The previous host just passed host to an AFK player
  3. The host keeps picking insanely hard songs that no one can play
  4. The players in the lobby keep passing host to everyone but me
theowest

Kuro wrote:

Hmmm, I like it...
This will eliminate the need of having a host which will solve many problems like:
isn't that this request t/124162
Kuro

theowest wrote:

Kuro wrote:

Hmmm, I like it...
isn't that this request t/124162
It could apply to either one but I liked this idea better so I posted my point here
TheVileOne
Better than passing room host from player to player. I support.
Starz0r
Take my stars. >w<
Nitori
I like this. It'll retain the competitiveness of multiplayer, while letting other players choose the songs they want to play.

Of course, the host should have the option to disable this feature if they don't want it.
Stefan
Bump

I am getting sick of listening the same song 938388393773737 times because the host is too lazy. Support.
- O n i -
I like this idea

I support
Indra145
Totally support this, I really want this feature get implemented owo
Will3x
support
Kaeru
I also support this. I hope people don't abuse it though and skip the maps after I've already downloaded them.
jemhuntr
imo there should be a "Song Addition Request" or something to prevent people from going into a room, filling in the jukebox with random shit, then leaving.

basically if someone wants to add a song, a popup would appear on the host's screen for confirmation

also there should be a toggle like free mods, for private rooms and such
Oinari-sama

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

imo there should be a "Song Addition Request" or something to prevent people from going into a room, filling in the jukebox with random shit, then leaving.

basically if someone wants to add a song, a popup would appear on the host's screen for confirmation

also there should be a toggle like free mods, for private rooms and such
Use a token system. Max 1 song per player in the queue at all time, ie the player can only queue another song after his previous song is played.

The only downside I can think of is that the queue may die if you are in a "passive" lobby where no one wants to choose (lol really?)
DJKero
Support! (Since my Feature Reqs Votes are in 0 for half an year [sure bugged] I can't throw stars :()
Kitsunemimi
I like this idea, I think it'll make the multiplayer experience a lot smoother.
Support from me~ :3
-Seren-
i like this idea too since i often ask hosts to give me the host and there are also people who are the same as i

i dont have stars though :(
Oblimix
Exactly what I was about to request.
Have my support! :D
Grottsa
Love it! Take my stars (:
show more