forum

osu!Post - Live osu! status for your signatures

posted
Total Posts
show more
DeathRockstar
[Exception]<8:34:34 PM>
Uncaught exception! (TTimer => EAccessViolation)
Please tell givenameplz, he would love to hear this!

This message keeps showing up... PLs reply ASAP.. Thanks..
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings.

I contacted you via PM.
Also, please note that you can edit your postings, posting frequently like that is considered spamming.
DeathRockstar
Oh... I'm so sorry for spamming... I did'nt mean to.. Thanks again for your help! :)

Topic Starter
givenameplz
Glad to help and no problem, atleast now you know.

Compiling the PMs:
.net Framework did the trick again.
redcopgirl12
this helped me a lot thank you :)
Yocake
This is awesome =w=
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings.

Short update.
I found some time for fixing the fullscreen problem.
If you want to play in fullscreen, you need to enable the MSN integration inside osu!.
osu!Post will still work without doing this, but if you want to play fullscreen and post your full "Now Playing" information, you need to do this.

Just look inside the Online-Tab of the osu!-Options.

Ceui
Great!!!!!
Thanks~!

Caam
I'm confused on how to customize your own signature?
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

First you need to login here, if you scroll further down past the templates you'll find a Configure button, inside the Custom signature box.
Go there, after that you can upload your image and customize it with the values in the textbox below, a little documentation about the values is in the About box, accessible by hovering over them.
Caam

givenameplz wrote:

Greetings!

First you need to login here, if you scroll further down past the templates you'll find a Configure button, inside the Custom signature box.
Go there, after that you can upload your image and customize it with the values in the textbox below, a little documentation about the values is in the About box, accessible by hovering over them.
omg i wasn't even using a PNG image i feel like an idiot, Thought i was using a PNG. thanks for your help anyway lol
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Nukes32 wrote:

[...]
omg i wasn't even using a PNG image i feel like an idiot, Thought i was using a PNG. thanks for your help anyway lol
I want to rework the custom interface soon anyways, to make it more user friendly.
Topic Starter
givenameplz

givenameplz wrote:

[...]
I want to rework the custom interface soon anyways, to make it more user friendly.
Done.

I reworked the config site a little, Custom Signature is now on top and the Customize button will only show if you actually uploaded an image, the customization has also been improved quite a lot.
If you got any feedback on that, feel free to drop me a message.
I will add the Font Selection feature soonish, same goes for the Rank Display.

(As stated in the main post and on the customization site, things will more likely be added if there is a request/demand for it, so if you need a feature, you know where to drop the message.)
Eizan Arizawa
can you add "kristenITC" font pls :D
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

can you add "kristenITC" font pls :D
Sure thing, already done.

On a side note:
I am also experimenting with a new type of signature, thats quite similar to the in-game panels or the ones XPJ38 created.
Its changing its color depending on status, like the one in-game.
black -> Offline
blue -> Online (Idle)
white -> Playing
I might add a similar thing like the Widgets from osu!Rank have, display rank changes and so on.
Thats just a side thing, so I don't know when its going to be finished.
(You can see a sample of it in my signature.)
Okaayshka
Idk what to do
Its could be problem of my "cleverest" head.
logs
[Info]<21:50:42>
Build: 20140305
Last login: 20140328
User: Okaayshka
Maps: 3094
Mapsets: 770
Registry: D:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.exe
Database: D:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.db
Config: C:\Users\Okaayshka\AppData\Roaming\givenameplz\osu!PostConfig.ini

[Config]<21:50:42>
Loading was successful!
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

I am not sure if you still got the problem, as your posts seem to work now.
If you still got trouble, feel free to contact me via PM.
Keep in mind that you need to enable the osu! MSN integration if you are playing in Fullscreen mode.
But as I can see on the Screenshot this is not the case, so this shouldn't be the problem.

Looks like osu!Post couldn't recognise the running osu! instance, in rare cases if osu!Post is at fault restarting osu!Post helps.
Oinari-sama
Found a strange phenomenon, not sure how to reproduce it but I'll leave it here for the record:

I usually start up osu!Post, then manually start osu afterwards. Been doing this since early beta and had no problem at all.

Since a few days ago, I noticed these "strage" extra db files appearing in my osu folder:

...and my Collections isn't saving at all. After fiddling around and brainstorming tonight (thanks to Nathanael), I realised that something else is accessing osu!.db and that forces osu produce a dump instead of writing out the normal osu!.db file. I closed osu!Post before starting osu and that fixed the problem. I can have osu!Post running again and manually start osu just like before.

The problem simply went away and I'm unable to reproduce it again. I'll stick to my usual routine and report back if the problem returns.
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Strange, I am not even putting locks on it when reading the .db file.
I can't really reproduce this, but I will investigate if osu!Post is the cause and why.
And for the collections, I am not touching them at all.

I will keep an eye on this, if there are any more reports about this feel free to PM me or drop a post here.
Eizan Arizawa
Hi can you add this Font pls ;)
and how do i know my ID?
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

and how do i know my ID?
Greetings!

Just added it.
Your ID is the same as your osu! ID, to look it up simply "Search" your name on the osu!Post page.
Eizan Arizawa

givenameplz wrote:

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

and how do i know my ID?
Greetings!

Just added it.
Your ID is the same as your osu! ID, to look it up simply "Search" your name on the osu!Post page.
Thank you :)
Mamat
How to costumize the signature?
[ C L S ]
OMG it was really Cool
Tazze
really nice program ^^
Nathanael
Its a good project and I like it. ;D
  • Suggestions
  1. Add the Visitor font (commonly used on signatures).
  2. Allow users to use separate images at online status (online/offline).
Flanster

Nathanael wrote:

Add the Visitor font (commonly used on signatures).

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

and how do i know my ID?
thats done already :P
Nathanael
didn't saw that, lol.
Howl
A little suggestion: delete the cache after every hour.
Since a lot of people do long play sessions and they play lots of beatmaps, sometimes the cache of the app becomes very high, and sometimes I see in the task manager that osu!post uses even more RAM than osu! itself.
So, my suggestion is to delete the cache hourly.
Fantinja
Awesome :p
Topic Starter
givenameplz

TheHowl wrote:

A little suggestion: delete the cache after every hour.
Since a lot of people do long play sessions and they play lots of beatmaps, sometimes the cache of the app becomes very high, and sometimes I see in the task manager that osu!post uses even more RAM than osu! itself.
So, my suggestion is to delete the cache hourly.
Greetings,

thanks for the report and sorry for the late reply.
The high RAM usage will be fixed with the next update.

Edit @Nathanael:

Nathanael wrote:

[...]
Allow users to use separate images at online status (online/offline).
[...]
I will consider this, but I need to rework some other things first. (This is on my list, actually.)
Topic Starter
givenameplz
Greetings!

I just added two new features.
I'll just leave them here.

New features:

1. Rank output
  2. Game mode icon (Last played mode.)
And also a list of things I currently work on that will most likely come up next.

Currently working on:

1. Stats output (pp/ acc./lvl/etc.)
  2. Seperate images (offline/online/playing)
  3. Transparency for fonts
  4. Transparency for Avatar & Map image
  5. Left/Right/Center align (Better than the one that exists...)
  6. "Size" option for the Game mode icon.
The customization interface will get a rework again soon, now that I added three more boxes its getting pretty crowded.
If there is anything else, as always, feel free to tell me.
Cocolites
wow :D
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Cocolites wrote:

wow this is gonna be awesome :D
Thanks, glad you like it. (Or "Glad you will like it?")

News

The osu!Post backend is now fully compatible with Piotrekols app osu!StreamCompanion!
So if you stream a lot and still want to use the osu!Post signature, simply switch to osu!SC!
A big feature of osu!SC is also the "Waching"/"Playing" status, so if you spectate someone or watch a replay it won't be shown as "Playing" on your signature, but "Watching" instead.
(The osu!Post app will be updated with that feature later on.)

New features
  1. Cleaned up the customization a little and finally added a color picker
  2. Added the cursor coordinate if you hover over your image (while customizing), so it should be a little bit easier to place everything correctly
I'd also like to implement easier customization by drag & droping the items on the actual images, but no promises and ETA on that.
[cocoa]_old
Hi there can you add support for *.jpg format to make the size more litle pls (you know isn't funny if you have slow connection)
Topic Starter
givenameplz

[cocoa] wrote:

Hi there can you add support for *.jpg format to make the size more litle pls (you know isn't funny if you have slow connection)
Greetings!

I can see that, my connection isn't the best either.
JPG files will be allowed from now on.

The output image will still remain PNG for now.
Lin-Kun
Yay, looks awesome!
Yaiishi

Am I doing something incorrectly? This never used to happen. It never shows me playing any maps, and the log always says "mapName: NoMap"
I also couldn't get the rank to change either. It would always stay at #80,311
Topic Starter
givenameplz

Yaiishi wrote:

Am I doing something incorrectly? This never used to happen. It never shows me playing any maps, and the log always says "mapName: NoMap"
Greetings!
Did you enable the MSN integration of osu!?
And regarding the rank, it is ony updating every few hours.
So this is somewhat intended behavior.
Yaiishi

givenameplz wrote:

Yaiishi wrote:

Greetings!
Did you enable the MSN integration of osu!?
And regarding the rank, it is ony updating every few hours.
So this is somewhat intended behavior.
Yes, MSN integration is enabled. That's why I'm super confused! I never had any problems when I used it before
show more